/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shaytaan - The Open Enemy

'Abd-al Latif
12-13-2008, 12:39 AM
:salamext:

(Iblees) said: ‘Because You have sent me astray, surely, I will sit in wait against them (human beings) on Your straight path.

Then I will come to them from before them and behind them, from their right and from their left, and You will not find most of them as thankful ones

[al-A’raaf 7:16, 17]

Ibn al-Jawzi (r) said [in Talbees Iblees (p. 52)]:

Iblees tricks people in whatever way he can, and his power over them increases and decreases according to their alertness or negligence, their ignorance or knowledge.

Note that the heart is like a fortress, and the devils are always going around the fortress watching for the guards to become heedless. The guard should know all the gates of the fortress which he has been appointed to guard, and he should not let his attention slip for a moment, for the enemy never lets his attention slip.

A man said to al-Hasan al-Basri: Does Iblees sleep?

He said: If he slept, we would have a break!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
12-13-2008, 08:32 AM
:sl:
jazakallahu khair...

Faith.
12-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Jazakallah for sharing.

Olive
12-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Jazak'Allahu khair for sharing. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ck.bosnian
12-14-2008, 01:24 PM
That was beautiful and I really needed the reminder. Because we don't see the enemy (shaytan), we easily forget that he's there constantly nagging at us and wanting us to fail. We get so concerned with the stresses that life offers us and focus on unecessary things. We worry about the enemies we see (ppl that have or could betray us), while the one we can't see is our worst enemy, and yet it is easy to fight him with du'a and adhkhar but we don't do it.

Jazakallah khair for posting that. I've been going through some very difficult times and I REALLY needed to hear/read that. It was like a kick in the tush.

Misz_Muslimah
01-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Jazaakalahu khayran for sharing this useful reminder..
:wa:

Al Mu'minaat
01-08-2010, 06:00 PM
:crickey:Jazakhalah Khayran Bro for that beautiful reminder, Gosh I H8 IBlis, sounds like a real trouble maker.:raging:(wait until i get ma hands on him...:raging:) .........--> URGHHH.:phew (just wait until the day of judgement muslims, we're gonna bang him up all together... LA ILLAAHA ILAAL LAAH, MUHAMMADA RASOOLUL ALLAH !
:wa: :heated:

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
01-09-2010, 04:15 PM
^WE WILL BANG HIM TOGETHER Insha'Allah for HIS EVIL TEMPTATIONS!!

Muslimah4Eva x
01-09-2010, 04:50 PM
:giggling:.....LOL!!
Jazakhumullah Kayr for sharing bro :) :D

BeTheChange
01-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Iblees tricks people in whatever way he can, and his power over them increases and decreases according to their alertness or negligence, their ignorance or knowledge.

Note that the heart is like a fortress, and the devils are always going around the fortress watching for the guards to become heedless. The guard should know all the gates of the fortress which he has been appointed to guard, and he should not let his attention slip for a moment, for the enemy never lets his attention slip.
I wish i had the ability and strength to be alert all the time when am awake. Sometimes i forget and get distracted.

I really wish i had someone who kept reminding and encouraging me. It's really hard being good all the time.

May Allah swa give us all the strength and will-power Ameen.

M.I.A.
01-12-2014, 10:46 PM
i find the whole thing insane,

how can i fight something that cant be fought?

and how come i always lose anyway.. lol

the irony.

i think the devil is best fought by those that dont even know they are fighting.

either that or there is no winning with god.

if its all about guarding actions and intentions..

then i have met my poisoners.

unfortunately what comes out of my mouth seems so offensive i have barely spoke for the last six years.. and dont have the right things to say even when i do get a chance.

i would keep my hands in my pockets if i were not flapping them around all the time.

the bitterness of seeking a reward when it seems already to belong to others.

anyway now that thats over with, alhamdullilah.

BeTheChange
01-14-2014, 10:07 PM
how can i fight something that cant be fought?
Of course you can fight the open enemy. He's not someone who can't be 'fought' against with. There's people who will enter jannah so there are people who are succeeding in fighting the enemy. Don't think so negatively. Have some trust and fear in Allah swa.

If you don't control your state of mind and monitor and cherish your soul by feeding it good deeds then this reflects and shows in your actions/character/emaan so start by controlling your state of mind and that will in turn, give you positive results insha Allah.

Make lots and lots of dua every day and you won't go wrong - am sure. All the best.

M.I.A.
01-15-2014, 12:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by strivingforgood
Of course you can fight the open enemy. He's not someone who can't be 'fought' against with. There's people who will enter jannah so there are people who are succeeding in fighting the enemy. Don't think so negatively. Have some trust and fear in Allah swa.

If you don't control your state of mind and monitor and cherish your soul by feeding it good deeds then this reflects and shows in your actions/character/emaan so start by controlling your state of mind and that will in turn, give you positive results insha Allah.

Make lots and lots of dua every day and you won't go wrong - am sure. All the best.
your 100% right,

like most feelings, its passing.

things change for the better eventually as long as you dont transgress bounds.

thanks.

BeTheChange
05-29-2015, 08:39 PM
In sha Allah.

May Allah swa keep us all strong in our darkest and weakest moment Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.