/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anyomous

Yanal
12-13-2008, 02:59 AM
:sl:
I thought about the anymous posting that some person might blame someone like a example: I have some body problems like pimples on my face but I love animals and am a LI staff member and pray can you tell me what to do?
Like that I used Güven. If someone not gùven posted this article no one would know because other is anymous. I think I have a solution that a rule for anymous posting should be like no describing anyones personaility. Need feedback.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
12-13-2008, 03:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
I thought about the anymous posting that some person might blame someone like a example: I have some body problems like pimples on my face but I love animals and am a LI staff member and pray can you tell me what to do?
Like that I used Güven. If someone not gùven posted this article no one would know because other is anymous. I think I have a solution that a rule for anymous posting should be like no describing anyones personaility. Need feedback.

I think I understand what you mean. I just wonder why a rule would be needed? If a person wants to be anonymous, they will be certain to not post any thing that may identify themselves, and if they add in information that makes it possible to identify their true member ID, it may be needed to escribe the problem. Also any identification that identifies who they really are in life is already forbidden,

Yanal
12-13-2008, 03:47 AM
No maybe your getting me wrong, I mean for instance I make an anymous post and name my self as a Trainee mod that loves animals which means Güven which I am not.

Woodrow
12-13-2008, 04:02 AM
OH, I see. You mean posting information to make it look like a member and try to embarrass that member.

That has been tried a few times. Usually the member who is being described calls it to our attention and we deal with the thread.

An actual rule would not be enforceable as we could never be certain who did the post, since anybody can use the anon account. All we can do is delete the thread to be certain we do not take action against the wrong person.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
12-13-2008, 05:26 PM
Ok that was my concern.

Güven
12-13-2008, 05:43 PM
YOu wanna embarrass me brother ? :-[

:wasalamex

unknown_JJ
12-13-2008, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
OH, I see. You mean posting information to make it look like a member and try to embarrass that member.

That has been tried a few times. Usually the member who is being described calls it to our attention and we deal with the thread.

An actual rule would not be enforceable as we could never be certain who did the post, since anybody can use the anon account. All we can do is delete the thread to be certain we do not take action against the wrong person.
That's exactly how I feel right now, :raging:

Read the msn thread, remind Yu of someone?

Even I thought it was me for a second..+o(

Lassi

P.s Yanal Yr the best =D

Ar-RaYYan
12-14-2008, 01:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Does that mean even the adminstrators would not know the person who is anoyomous? :X (i always thought u guys had a way of finding out :-[)

Woodrow
12-14-2008, 03:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ar-RaYYan
Does that mean even the adminstrators would not know the person who is anoyomous? :X (i always thought u guys had a way of finding out :-[)
:w:

We can find out. However we have much respect for individual confidentiality and no admin would attempt to find the actual identity unless the post contained something that would be criminal or if a life was at stake.

However, if a member were to use the anonymous account for the purpose of posting offensive material. We only need ban the ISP used and that would ban the member, with us having no need to search to see who the member was.

Yanal
12-14-2008, 06:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
YOu wanna embarrass me brother ? :-[

:wasalamex
No bro I used that as an example, no worry. And unkown_jj everyone is great in a way:)

Ansariyah
12-14-2008, 08:22 PM
while we at it, can I ask: can people use more than 1 account, sometimes It seems like some people are posting under 2 accounts Allahu Allam.

this is a general question, not related to anonymous section.

Woodrow
12-14-2008, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
while we at it, can I ask: can people use more than 1 account, sometimes It seems like some people are posting under 2 accounts Allahu Allam.

this is a general question, not related to anonymous section.
:w:

It does happen and it often causes problems. Some common sense guidelines.

1. Never log in using another person's account

2. Never give your pass word to another person. It is not a question of trust or sharing. Errors can happen and ruin your forum enjoyment.

3. Do not make additional accounts, use the anonymous account. At times additional accounts are justified, in that case let us know you are going to do so. For example, siblings or spouses living in the same house and sharing a PC.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!