Means: Help me Please *grin*

Competitions?

Expand fishy :p

Faith.
12-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Ohh Haha :D

Hmm..Okay expanding...:p
Competitions...
for little kids....Like...urmm...Creative competions...
Drawing?
Colouring?
Something islamic?

Older competions...:
Which stall raises the most money?
Who eats the most cakes.....:giggling:

Only joking bout the last one..Although id win that one.:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tony
12-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Train to run half marathon, ask big companies in your locality to sponsor or dble your accrued sposorship, phone local papers for mug shots and ask for a shout in paper for all companies sponsoring and what its for. Publicity = extra funding

Re.TiReD
12-13-2008, 03:41 PM
ask big companies in your locality to sponsor or dble your accrued sposorship
JazakAllah khayr I was thinking that too but wondering who to ask...Insha'Allah

phone local papers for mug shots
lol of who :exhausted nahh

and ask for a shout in paper for all companies sponsoring and what its for.
JazakAllah khayr :thumbs_up

Tony
12-13-2008, 03:47 PM
The mug shot ould be yours or whoever is running. Decide who to run for then contact them for fund raising advice. Any company will do and u need to ring paper first.Get the charity to back you with a headed letter stating ou are a runner for them

Re.TiReD
12-26-2008, 07:56 PM
JazakAllah khayr! :')

ajnabee
12-27-2008, 06:54 PM
:sl:

whats the fundraising for sis? that would help in terms of appropriate suggestions. the bigger the cause, the bigger the ideas can be insha'allah. :D

S_87
12-28-2008, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
JazakAllah khayr I was thinking that too but wondering who to ask...Insha'Allah

phone up companies explaining why youre wanting to raise money and if they would be willing to donate an x amount or fund an event etc. make sure you have like a back up name..im calling from/with this group/school etc so its not like some random stranger asking for money.

throw some charity fair and invite a load of fishies..quite a few people throw fashion shows for these kinda stuff and rose_ice wants to be a model for that...and if youre doing that...a jumping castle!!! no seriously when kids come they are always busy. and get an inspriational speaker to speak and auction off stuff and get people to take out their wallets/purses.

i want an invite pleaseeeeeeeeeeee imsad :p

ajnabee
12-28-2008, 06:06 PM

yeah i thik its a good idea to focus on the children a lot for big charity events, trust me that's where the money is :D children and women, so best thing to do is cater more for the women and children coz women like to spend money :D and the children like to spend mommy's money :D

brothers are not really that important in the whole scheme of things :D coz they not really big spenders so a few boyish activities is sufficient... competitive stuff like what i mentioned to u before...

Re.TiReD
01-04-2009, 08:29 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Amani you're invited =)

JazakAllah khayr.

Sis ajnabee, it's going to be for Islamic Relief but I havnt decided properly yet.

Amani, I'm trying for a bouncy castle but it wont be the same venue as last time so if you're willing to travel then you wont be disappointed insha'Allah.

And I am a random stranger btw.

WassalamuAlaykum

Cabdullahi
01-04-2009, 08:33 PM
how about you be a chairlady for a 5 a side football tournament consisting of 16 teams and each team pays 5 pound for entry

16 x 5 = 80 pounds ...how does that sound eh!

and for the winning team,just give em a cheap trophy(wont cost more than a tenner)

Re.TiReD
01-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Hmm lol

That's good but uno problemo (actually more than one but...)

1) I dont live in a big enough place to find members for 16 teams

2) This is most likely sisters only and I doubt they'd wanna play footie.

But JazakAllah khayr :peace:

piXie
01-04-2009, 08:42 PM

Who are you raising the funds for?

Re.TiReD
01-04-2009, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie

Who are you raising the funds for?
Sis ajnabee, it's going to be for Islamic Relief but I havnt decided properly yet.
=)

Insha'Allah

piXie
01-04-2009, 08:52 PM
lol JazakAllaah Khayr. My eyes must be extremely tired.

Re.TiReD
01-13-2009, 02:41 PM
JazakAllah khayr beoble, I officially feel enlightened :eek: lol gunna make some calls when I get home insha'Allah.

Please keep moi in ur du'aas :D

WassalamuAlaykum

Zico
01-13-2009, 02:51 PM
:salamext:

Help moi min fadhlek.

Best idea gets a free invite *grins*

WassalamuAlaykum

Well last fundraising I've done was "Car Boot Sale" where we sell stuff which will be placed on our trunk of our cars...The best thing is we could go anywhere to sell :)

or

When you see cars stopping at red light...Simply go to them and talk about what this fundraising is about. They usually give you some cuz we are young and enthuziastic about our beliefs :)

Hope that helps :)

:w:

Re.TiReD
01-13-2009, 02:54 PM
...The best thing is we could go anywhere to sell :)
:wasalamex

JazakAllah Khayr, dunno where you live though bro but in the UK I'm pretty sure you cant just get up and hold a car boot sale anywhere, you'd have to make sure ur registered somewhere.

When you see cars stopping at red light...Simply go to them and talk about what this fundraising is about. They usually give you some cuz we are young and enthuziastic about our beliefs :)

but I'm not going to do that I dont think :D

:thumbs_up

Zico
01-13-2009, 02:57 PM

JazakAllah Khayr, dunno where you live though bro but in the UK I'm pretty sure you cant just get up and hold a car boot sale anywhere, you'd have to make sure ur registered somewhere.

but I'm not going to do that I dont think :D

:thumbs_up
Haha, ya I understand...Same here in Kuwait but sometimes even the Police help us. That is if they know what you're on about :)
:w:

ajnabee
01-13-2009, 07:01 PM

keep us informed of ur progress insha'allah :D if u need any help in some distant kinda way, i here if u need me. :)

Re.TiReD
01-14-2009, 03:19 PM

JazakAllah khayr! :D

First bit of progress: Community Centre pplz are not answering their fone <_<

S_87
01-15-2009, 11:12 AM
lollllll, march down there right now :p

Re.TiReD
01-15-2009, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
lollllll, march down there right now :p
Lol where I live aint like how it is down ur end :( The community centre is locked and bolted most of the time...actually I've only ever seen it open when there's a wedding :-\

But alhamdulillah I've found another venue...I dont really like it and its nowhere near as big as I need....But I dunno, cant be picky so I'll have to work around it I guess.

But insha'Allah might find another place soon. Cant wait to see you btw :p

S_87
01-15-2009, 04:08 PM
oh that sucks but Alhumdulillah u found a possible alternative :D may Allah reward you for ur efforts *wub*

cant wait to run from those hugs btw :p

Re.TiReD
01-15-2009, 05:04 PM
oh that sucks but Alhumdulillah u found a possible alternative :D may Allah reward you for ur efforts *wub*
Ameen, BarakAllah feeki! x

cant wait to run from those hugs btw :p
;D you're not escaping this time <_< :p

Re.TiReD
01-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Information overload :exhausted

My brain is over-heating and is about to burst any minute :exhausted

Wahahahahaahahaha :p

Anyway, I dunno what to doooo! Like seriously...:blind:

Nasheed artists...Might be a mission but will make ppl wanna come.

Yvonne Ridley...she charged loads but might be worth it in the end?

The venue....best one yet but it always gets crashed by Bangi thugs (no offence to anyone but its like that over here)....I want it to be safe for those who come insha'Allah

I dunno what to dooo....! There's also the fact that ima have to be wise with my words coz they wont give me the hall if I say its for a charity organisation (Like Islamic Relief)....gotta say summin else....but what :-\

Arghh I need Monday to be here already

ajnabee
01-18-2009, 08:33 PM

it'll all be worth it in the end!

this is a tiny little post dedicated to u... :statisfie

Faith.
01-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Information overload :exhausted

My brain is over-heating and is about to burst any minute :exhausted

Wahahahahaahahaha :p

Anyway, I dunno what to doooo! Like seriously...:blind:

Nasheed artists...Might be a mission but will make ppl wanna come.

Yvonne Ridley...she charged loads but might be worth it in the end?

The venue....best one yet but it always gets crashed by Bangi thugs (no offence to anyone but its like that over here)....I want it to be safe for those who come insha'Allah

I dunno what to dooo....! There's also the fact that ima have to be wise with my words coz they wont give me the hall if I say its for a charity organisation (Like Islamic Relief)....gotta say summin else....but what :-\

Arghh I need Monday to be here already
Calm down
Take deep breaths...:D
Flex..

Re.TiReD
01-19-2009, 09:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ajnabee

it'll all be worth it in the end!

this is a tiny little post dedicated to u... :statisfie

Wahahaha! Finally green :shade: *wub*

format_quote Originally Posted by Umm' Amarah
Calm down
Take deep breaths...:D
Flex..
News Flash: You and Afi are coming insha'Allah :p you aint got a say in the matter ;D

Aaaand on a side note, things are looking up alhamdulilah. Seem to have found an Yvonne alternative and a kool'ish venue. Alhamdulillahhh!

ajnabee
01-19-2009, 06:59 PM

Wahahaha! Finally green :shade: *wub*

yup yup :D n i sendin my first LI PM to youuuuuuu... about them contact details u wanted :)

Re.TiReD
01-29-2009, 10:10 PM
AsslaamuAlaykum

Day, date and venue confirmed alhamdulillah! :D

I have another moral dilemma though.

There's another group of ppl organising one three weeks earlier in the same place. They've asked for my assistance. I offered to help them bi'ithnillah. I prefer to work solo and gather volunteers as I go along. They have a large group masha'Allah. This means thats whilst I'm helping them I have to work on my own event too. (You might ask why we dont do a joint one but its because in their event...and no offence to them but the sisters in that event are just puppets for the men. Every single decision has to go through the men and until they approve it they wont go ahead with it, I'm not used to working like that so prefer solo....hence the two events)...

Anyway, I feel kinda bad at recruiting ppl for their event and also for my own...I've been getting local businesses to sponsor mine and have been successful alhamdulillah...And then I got a call from them asking if I had been calling local businesses and was it for their event :skeleton: I had to tell them it was for my own....They prolly think I'm working for them only.

Its kinda making me feel like a proper snot-bag. Is it mean organising my own as well as helping with theirs? They're kinda relying on me for my experience and they might feel as though I have an ulterior motive and am not really bothered about theirs but my own only.

Does that make sense? =(

S_87
01-30-2009, 08:37 PM
i think its NICE youre helping them even though youre holding an event 3 weeks after. thats not in any way mean missy so dont think otherwise

Afifa
01-30-2009, 08:52 PM

News Flash: You and Afi are coming insha'Allah :p you aint got a say in the matter ;D

Aaaand on a side note, things are looking up alhamdulilah. Seem to have found an Yvonne alternative and a kool'ish venue. Alhamdulillahhh!
:D:statisfie:D

Hope everythings going well :D
ofcourse it makes sense
You do it your way :coolious:

Re.TiReD
01-31-2009, 06:49 PM
BarakAllah feekum =D

Manu everything sorted, you comin yeh? :p

And JazakAllah khayr Afi would be great if u two came aswell :p

S_87
02-01-2009, 12:19 AM
inshaAllah fishling, i WANT to come :D :D :D

Re.TiReD
02-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Manu I got a pinata ;D finallyyy..I went looking for one and found a fish one (;D) but it was tooo small....then I found a horse/donkey type one and its sitting in my room and scares the life outta me, it looks well posessed :| my bro keeps tryna pull its tail thing though :p but yah....u got ur pinata, now u deff gotta be there insha'Allah :p

S_87
02-02-2009, 01:20 PM
a fish pinata :o you sooooooooooooo rock! :giggling: i wanna take it home :p

Re.TiReD
02-02-2009, 01:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
a fish pinata :o you sooooooooooooo rock! :giggling: i wanna take it home :p
U gotta win it first... ;D if u gunna come then I'll fill it with watever you want :p it not ima fill it with random stuff :X :-[ :p

Far7an
02-02-2009, 01:35 PM
How about getting some children to recite some anasheed and Qur'an, buy a spindle of 100 CDs for around a tenner? Buy some labels, which'll probably cost £2. 100 plastic CD sleeves will cost £1. Record on all the CDs, print some nice labels.. stick em on, shove them in the sleeves.

Sell each CD for £2.50 on the day of the event.

Re.TiReD
02-02-2009, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
How about getting some children to recite some anasheed and Qur'an, buy a spindle of 100 CDs for around a tenner? Buy some labels, which'll probably cost £2. 100 plastic CD sleeves will cost £1. Record on all the CDs, print some nice labels.. stick em on, shove them in the sleeves.

Sell each CD for £2.50 on the day of the event.
JazakAllah khayr akhee, I actually thought of that yesterday....But u mean sell the kids recitation? I dont know who would buy that, was thinking of burning some nasheeds on CD's and selling them though. Because in the past we've had nasheeds playing throughout and ppl have requested the CD but it obviously wasnt for sale coz it was my friends mixed CD that she made. Hmm

Oh btw nani, Labbayk are coming. Well one bro anyway, the other 2 couldnt make it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.