/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Funeral held for 'starved' girl

highway_trekker
12-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Subhana'Allaah...

The funeral has taken place of a seven-year-old girl who allegedly starved to death in Birmingham.

Khyra Ishaq was pronounced dead after being taken to hospital from her home in the Handsworth area of the city on 17 May.

Her mother Angela Gordon, 34, and her partner Junaid Abuhamza, 30, were charged with her murder, "causing or allowing" her death and child cruelty.

The funeral took place at Salafi Mosque in Small Heath after Friday prayers.

Her father Ishaq Abu Zaire was one of six men who carried the coffin into the mosque in Wright Street.

Speaking after the service, Mr Zaire paid tribute to his "wonderful" and "beautiful" daughter, who he said could now "rest in peace".

The funeral had been delayed for six months for a police investigation into her death and the body was only released in November.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...ds/7779045.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
12-13-2008, 06:48 PM
What a tragic story! :cry:

Do you know if the biological father had contact with his daughter?

mog
03-02-2010, 03:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by highway_trekker
Subhana'Allaah...

The funeral has taken place of a seven-year-old girl who allegedly starved to death in Birmingham.

Khyra Ishaq was pronounced dead after being taken to hospital from her home in the Handsworth area of the city on 17 May.

Her mother Angela Gordon, 34, and her partner Junaid Abuhamza, 30, were charged with her murder, "causing or allowing" her death and child cruelty.

The funeral took place at Salafi Mosque in Small Heath after Friday prayers.

Her father Ishaq Abu Zaire was one of six men who carried the coffin into the mosque in Wright Street.

Speaking after the service, Mr Zaire paid tribute to his "wonderful" and "beautiful" daughter, who he said could now "rest in peace".

The funeral had been delayed for six months for a police investigation into her death and the body was only released in November.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...ds/7779045.stm
How could/why did allah allow this to happen?

cat eyes
03-02-2010, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mog
her father was the one who left her in the hands of an evil woman. what do you mean by Allah allowing this to happen?

An awful lot of things were done to ensure this child's safety apparently social services went out there a number of times and only saw the child once. she was not allowing anybody in to the house because you cannot force your way in to somebodies house now.. people said that more things could have been done but who could have known a mother could do this to her own child.

now they are making excuses for this cruel woman and saying she had depression, how many women are with depression in the u.k and still be able to raise a family. what a weak defense

Allah sees everything and then he punishes those who do evil

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamirama
03-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Blaming Allah for your evil deeds are we kuffar? That kuffar heartless british woman used her kuffar system to take custody of the child and then starved her to death while she went after another Muslim guy to get laid to have more Muslim kids to kill. How sick and backward are your people +o(

zana
03-02-2010, 04:00 PM
this girl only lived one road away from me it kills me wen i walk past the house

how evil

Asiyah3
03-02-2010, 05:00 PM
How could/why did Allah allow this to happen?
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Allaah wills good for His slave, He hastens the punishment for him in this world, and when Allaah wills ill for His slave, he withholds the punishment for his sins from him until he comes with all his sins on the Day of Resurrection.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2396); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

“Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, ‘When (will come) the Help of Allaah?’ Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allaah is near!”
[al-Baqarah 2:214]

Trials and calamities are a test, and are a sign of Allaah’s love for a person. They are like medicine: even if it is bitter, you offer it despite its bitterness to one whom you love – and for Allaah is the highest description. According to a saheeh hadeeth: “The greatest reward comes with the greatest trial. When Allaah loves a people He tests them. Whoever accepts that wins His pleasure but whoever is discontent with that earns His wrath.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2396; Ibn Maajah, 4031; classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani.

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that a black woman came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: “I suffer from epilepsy and I become uncovered. Pray to Allaah for me.” He said: “If you wish, you can be patient and Paradise will be yours, or if you wish I will pray to Allaah to heal you.” She said, “I will be patient.” Then she said: “But I become uncovered. Pray to Allaah that I will not become uncovered.” So he prayed for her.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5652; Muslim, 2576.

“And whoever is removed away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing)”
[Aal ‘Imraan 3:185]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Calamity will continue to befall the believing man and the believing woman with regard to themselves, their children and their wealth, until they meet Allaah with no sins on them.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2399) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is nothing that befalls a believer, not even a thorn that pricks him, but Allaah will record one good deed for him and will remove one bad deed from him.”

Narrated by Muslim.

“Verily, We sent (Messengers) to many nations before you (O Muhammad). And We seized them with extreme poverty (or loss in wealth) and loss in health (with calamities) so that they might humble themselves (believe with humility)”

[al-‘An’aam 6:42]

And it was narrated that Jaabir said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “On the Day of Resurrection, when people who had suffered affliction are given their reward, those who were healthy will wish their skins had been cut to pieces with scissors when they were in the world.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2402. See al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, no. 2206.

“And they ask you (O Muhammad) concerning the Rooh (the spirit). Say: The Rooh (the spirit) is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little”[al-Isra’ 17:85]

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/71236/

Asiyah3
03-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Inna lilLahi wa inna ilaihy raaji'oon.
May Allah grant her and her father Jannat-al-firdaws.

Life_Is_Short
03-02-2010, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_
Inna lilLahi wa inna ilaihy raaji'oon.
May Allah grant her and her father Jannat-al-firdaws.
Ameen. :cry:

mog
03-02-2010, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Blaming Allah for your evil deeds are we kuffar? That kuffar heartless british woman used her kuffar system to take custody of the child and then starved her to death while she went after another Muslim guy to get laid to have more Muslim kids to kill. How sick and backward are your people +o(
I thought that allah predestined everything according to islam?

And as the family are muslim, I have to wonder how the mosque and ummah were not aware?

جوري
03-02-2010, 06:07 PM

And as the family are muslim, I have to wonder how the mosque and ummah were not aware?
Divine Predestination & Man's Free Will

Question
As-Salamu `alaykum. I never understand how we are mukhayyarin (have free will in doing what we wish) and not musayyarin (have no free will in doing what we wish). Did not Allah create time? Therefore, all the events since the moment of creation to the end of time must be already created. In addition to this, how can we even begin to imply that Allah does not know what is to happen in the future? How can a man control what he does if it is already written? So far I have received many interpretations that all seemed to be weak. Can anyone tell me or would it better just to say that Allah did not intend everything to be understood by man? Thank you.

Date
24/Feb/2003

Name of Counsellor
A Group of Islamic Researchers

Topic
Muslim Belief

Answer

Wa `alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear brother in Islam, we would like to thank you for your interesting question the great confidence you place in us. We implore Allah Almighty to help us serve His cause and enlighten our hearts with the light of Islam!

As regards the issue you raised, we’d like to furnish you with a detailed discussion of the differnt queries regarding qadar as given by Dr Ja`far Sheikh Idris, professor of Islamic studies, Institute of Islamic and Arabic Sciences, Washington, who states:

“The original meaning of the Arabic word qadar is a specified measure or amount whether of quantities or qualities. It has many other usages, which branch out from this core. Almighty Allah says, “We have created every thing by measure (bi-qadar).” (Al-Qamar: 49)

Allah (Mighty and Exalted bre He) knows before creating anything, that He is going to create it and that it shall be of such and such magnitude, quality or nature, etc. He also specifies the time of its coming into being and its passing away, and the place of its occurrence. If so, then one who believes in the true God should believe that there are no accidents in nature. If something disagreeable happens to him, he should say “Allah qaddara (ordained), and He did what He willed” and not grieve himself by wishing that it had not occurred, or worrying why it should occur. If, in contrast, something agreeable happens to him he should not boast of it, but thank Allah for it. In this context, Allah says, “Naught of disaster befalleth in the earth or in yourselves but it is in a Book before We bring it into being. Lo! That is easy for Allah. That ye grieve not for the sake of that which hath escaped you, nor yet exult because of that which hath been given. Allah loveth not all prideful boasters.” (Al-Hadid: 22-23)

If Allah Almighty predetermines everything, that includes our so-called free actions, in what way can they be said to be free, and how are we responsible for them? This question occasioned the appearance, at a very early history of Islam, of two extreme theological sects. One of them, called the Qadariyyah, asserted man’s free will and responsibility to the extent of denying Allah’s foreknowledge, and claiming that Allah knows our free made actions only after we have performed them. The other, called the Jabriyyah, held the opposite view and claimed that there was no difference between the motions of inanimate things and our movements in performing so-called free actions, and that when we use intentional language we speak only metaphorically.

But there is no need to go to such extremes, since it is not difficult to reconcile Divine qadar (predestination) and human responsibility. Allah decided to create man as a free agent, but He knows (and how can He not know!) before creating every man how he is going to use his free will; what, for instance, his reaction would be when a Prophet clarifies Allah’s message to him. This foreknowledge and its registering in a ‘Book’ is called qadar.

“But if we are free to use our will” a Qadari might say, “we may use it in ways that contradict Allah’s will, and in that case we would not be right in claiming that everything is willed or decreed by Allah.”

The Qur’an answers this question by reminding us that it was Allah who willed that we shall be of free will, and it is He who allows us to use our will. Allah, Most High, says, “Lo! This is an Admonishment, that whosoever will may choose a way unto his Lord. Yet ye will not, unless Allah willeth. Lo! Allah is Knower, Wise.” (Al-Insan: 29-30)

“If so,” a Qadari might say, “He could have prevented us from doing evil."

Yes indeed He could. Allah says, “Had Allah willed, He would have brought them all together to the guidance; if thy Lord had willed whoever is in the earth would have believed, all of them, all together.” (Yunus: 99) “Had Allah willed, they were not idolaters; and We have not appointed thee a watcher over them neither art thou their guardian.” (Al-An`am: 107)

But Allah has willed that men shall be free especially in regard to matters of belief and disbelief. Allah Almighty says, “Say: The truth is from your Lord; so let whosoever will believe, and let whosoever will disbelieve.” (Al-Kahf: 29)

But men would not be so free if whenever any of them wills to do evil Allah prevents him from doing it and compels him to do good.

“If our actions are willed by Allah,” someone might say, “then they are in fact His actions.”

This objection is based on a confusion that Allah wills what we will in the sense of granting us the will to choose and enabling us to execute that will, i.e., He creates all that makes it possible for us to do it. He does not will it in the sense of doing it, otherwise it would be quite in order to say, when we drink or eat or sleep for instance that Allah performed these actions. Allah creates them, He does not do or perform them.

Another objection, based on another confusion, is that if Allah allows us to do evil, then He approves of it and likes it.

However, to will something in the sense of allowing a person to do it is one thing; and to approve of his action and commend it, is quite another, NOT everything that Allah wills He likes. He has, as we have just read in the Qur’an, granted man the choice between belief and disbelief, but He does not, of course, like men to disbelieve (to be thankless). Allah Almighty says, “If you art ungrateful, Allah is independent of you. Yet He approves not ungratefulness in His servants; but if you are grateful, He will approve it in you.” (Az-Zumar: 7)”

Based on Dr. Ja`far Sheikh Idris’s article “Belief in Qadar”. (Source: http://isgkc.org/pillars_qadar.htm).

You can also read:

Between Destiny, Working and Free Will

Fate or Free Will, Nature or Nurture

islamirama
03-02-2010, 06:11 PM

Don't think a simpleton like you will understand the concept of coexistence of predestination and free will, so read what _muslim_ said to educate yourself a little in response to your original ranting. As for the family, she was living with a kuffar mother, what more can you expect from an incompetent kuffar mother. It's not so uncommon for the barbaric backward uncivilized westerners to kill their kids...

Her mother Angela Gordon, 34....charged with her murder

syilla
03-03-2010, 08:09 AM
That is so sad... and the neighbours doesnt know about this? What about the neighbourhood? Just imagine if 'we' are actually the neighbours? Do we know anyone in our neighbourhood is hungry?

Ibn 'Abbas told Ibn az-Zubayr, "I heard the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, 'A man is not a believer who fills his stomach while his neighbour is hungry.'

CosmicPathos
03-03-2010, 08:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Don't think a simpleton like you will understand the concept of coexistence of predestination and free will, so read what _muslim_ said to educate yourself a little in response to your original ranting. As for the family, she was living with a kuffar mother, what more can you expect from an incompetent kuffar mother. It's not so uncommon for the barbaric backward uncivilized westerners to kill their kids...
It would be kaafir. To be more precise, kaafira (I guess I am right?). Kufaar is a plural.

CosmicPathos
03-03-2010, 08:18 AM
You should be asking how could/why did Allah allow you to be born.

zana
03-03-2010, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
That is so sad... and the neighbours doesnt know about this? What about the neighbourhood? Just imagine if 'we' are actually the neighbours? Do we know anyone in our neighbourhood is hungry?

Ibn 'Abbas told Ibn az-Zubayr, "I heard the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, 'A man is not a believer who fills his stomach while his neighbour is hungry.'

im actually part of the neighbourhood but who knows wat goes on behind closed doors

so sad

aadil77
03-03-2010, 02:20 PM
That little sis will be goin straight to jannah, as for her parents may Allah guide them

Also I thought this happened recently, a couple weeks back? This thread is more than a year old

zana
03-03-2010, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
That little sis will be goin straight to jannah, as for her parents may Allah guide them

Also I thought this happened recently, a couple weeks back? This thread is more than a year old

it did happen a year ago but the case was only closed last month

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.