/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Family talking behind back

BNDGR
12-14-2008, 02:28 AM
Asalam alaikum everyone,
here is my dilema... I'm a revert to Islam and the only one in my family.
My family thru growing up has tried many different religions, and my sister stuck with being a mormon and my Mom is a christian. My Mom and I never had a good relationship ever, and she unfortunatly has talked about me behind my back in a bad way more than a few times. Yes I have made many many mistakes and alot of bad choices in the past. But I am succesful in my life and take good care of my kids. But yet she can't seem to ever just be happy and proud of me.
Since becoming a Muslim I have changed my life around alot, all in good and positive ways. But even though she talks good to my face, I just received an email she sent to my sister, but also to me by accident. And they were saying things like how could I do this to the family and my kids, and that I beleive in some sort of God and not Jesus, she said she read about Islam and it sounds very strange and unintelligent, they said that even though that I tried to be a good christian I never was one. And that I always follow everyone else. They said I want to worship just God and Jesus and no organized religion, so I go out and find one that removes the entire reason for religion.
This is just another of many stabs in the back from my family, that is why we all don't really talk. I'd rather be far away from people who don't really care about me.
I want to respond to this email sooooooooo badly but not in a nice way!! I know this is not what I should do, but please give me some insight on a really good way to handle this. :raging:
Its kind of funny that the Shiek in my area, who is head of the Islamic studies for women classes that I'm taking just said last night that shaitan is going to really start sending me trouble to break me and to make me turn away and then this happens.
JazakAllah for any advice .....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muddasir
12-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Asalam O Alikum

Well my English is not up to the standard but what ever i understand from your quote i want to give some suggestion to you.

First as you said "Yes I have made many many mistakes and a lot of bad choices in the past"
Brother your past is now become past and now if you did promise(tooba) that you never do bad things again and try to be a good man you are now pure as you never did these bad things.

Regarding your mom feeling/thoughts about you one thing keep always is mind , its your parent and you always to be polite with them even they say any thing to you you have to always be in limits and respect you parents.
I will suggest you to try to give your parents/family knowledge about Islam , first lead by example yourself and also try to remove their misconception about Islam .

For this you can give some Islamic book, or handle some lectures by some good scholar like zakir naik about similarities between Islam and Christianity , also tell him what Islam says about other prophets.

here is a link where you can find a good material
http://www.peacetv.in/

I pray to All-mighty Allah to solve any hardship you are facing.

Allah Hafiz

anonymous
12-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Assalamu alaikum sister,

Remember the sahaba, when they accepted Islam, the troubles that were brought forward to them. Their families rejected them, tortured them, threw them out of their homes, but they were steadfast. They knew that their reward lies with Allah.
As for backbiting? It might be difficult at first, but try to think this way- every time anyone talks bad about you behind your back, you are getting their good deeds until they have no more left to give, then you will be giving them your bad deeds. Subhanallah think of it, just by them talking bad about you, you get rewarded. Some scholars even say that Allah created a whole nation to curse Umar and Abu Bakr, the 1st 2 khalifas, because he loved them so much.

Try to be patient and pray to Allah.

May Allah help you and ease your burden. Amin.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.