/* */

PDA

View Full Version : practical islam

AnonymousPoster
12-14-2008, 04:41 PM
assalamalikum brothers and sisters.

Allahamdulillah i am practising , just need some advice, i think i am going about my life or my islam the wrong way

Its seems apart from when i go to the masjid for prayers , i just come to my room and well thats where i stay all day, it seems i am protecting my self from sin, or i am scared to commit sins when i go out.

For example i might need to go to shops , but i get scared what if my gaze falls on someone,

Im scared of going to the mosque, its only 2 minutes walk, because im scared im showing off , because when your young and practising people tend to stare at you, and think your good, which is so dangerous , because you might get arrogant and actually believe your better than others.

When i hear the weather report , that its going to be a hot day, i can feel my heart tremble, coz i know controlling my gaze that day will be so hard.

I wana live my life without fear of riya, showing off
I wana live my life without fear of going outside.

If everyone did what i did and stay in my room ,hiding from sin, then nothing will ever get done

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Olive
12-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Bro... that's really good. You've got yourself a high level of imaan.

I think that the next time you go to the masjid, just keep thinking of Allah and just keep looking at the floor. You'll walk through all the fitnah as though it never existed.

May Allah give us all strength. Ameen :)

Re.TiReD
12-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Masha'Allah.

You know, I think that the more Taqwa one has...the more they can save themselves from sin bi'ithnillah.

WassalamuAlaykum

AnonymousPoster
12-14-2008, 05:26 PM
i do dhikr when i walk to mosque,

but im only hiding from the challenges that are outside, does that make me a coward,

Or should i take on this jihad of mine , and actually struggle for my reward

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
12-14-2008, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Or should i take on this jihad of mine , and actually struggle for my reward
it's what I'd do :thumbs_up wallahu A'lam

Snowflake
12-14-2008, 06:57 PM
^absolutely!

MashaAllah

IbnAbdulHakim
12-14-2008, 07:33 PM
that struggle can destroy you too....

whoah feeling low all of a sudden :|

bro i get ya, that emaan is so precious... never wanna lose it.

kinda like gheerah over emaan lol protect it like crazy...

man... i miss it..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.