/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bush Hit With Shoe

MARTYR
12-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Iraqi reporter throws shoes at Bush
Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:27pm GMT

Bush ducks flying shoes

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - An Iraqi reporter called visiting U.S. President George W. Bush a "dog" in Arabic on Sunday and threw his shoes at him during a news conference in Baghdad.

Iraqi security officers and U.S. secret service agents leapt at the man and dragged him struggling and screaming out of the room where Bush was giving a news conference with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki.

The shoes missed their target about 15 feet (4.5 metres) away. One sailed over Bush's head as he stood next to Maliki and smacked into the wall behind him. Bush smiled uncomfortably and Maliki looked strained.

"It doesn't bother me," Bush said, urging everyone to calm down as a ruckus broke out in the conference room.

When asked about the incident shortly after, Bush made light of it. "I didn't feel the least threatened by it," he said.

Other Iraqi journalists apologised on behalf of their colleague, a television journalist.

Bush arrived in Baghdad earlier on Sunday on a farewell visit before he leaves office in January. The U.S.-led invasion in 2003 to topple Saddam Hussein triggered years of sectarian bloodshed and insurgency in Iraq, killing tens of thousands.

(Reporting by Matt Spetalnick; Writing by Michael Christie; Editing by Elizabeth Piper)

© Thomson Reuters 2008 All rights reserved.
Source Reuters news agency.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
12-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Yeah right he didn't feel threatened if he didn't , why did he duck like a baby.

Keltoi
12-18-2008, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Yeah right he didn't feel threatened if he didn't , why did he duck like a baby.
Probably the same reason you would duck if someone threw a shoe at you...

Ansariyah
12-18-2008, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Probably the same reason you would duck if someone threw a shoe at you...
This is ur wat number of times ur coming to bush's defence? ...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd-al Latif
12-18-2008, 09:46 PM

Keltoi
12-18-2008, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
This is ur wat number of times ur coming to bush's defence? ...
Coming to his defense? No, but I do think it is a little pathetic that a guy who threw his shoes is being hailed as some kind of hero. Beyond that, I found it humorous for the first 24 hours.

islamirama
12-18-2008, 10:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Coming to his defense? No, but I do think it is a little pathetic that a guy who threw his shoes is being hailed as some kind of hero. Beyond that, I found it humorous for the first 24 hours.
What's pathetic is that puppet gov't beating him and imprisoning him. What's pathetic is how some kuffars here can't seem to comprehend the meaning of symbolism. Shoe's weren't gona kill him but they did well to disgrace that monkey's face, the act in itself sent a powerful message across the world of what iraqis and arabis think of this white devil and this "success" in iraq. Oh and that show thrower represents Iraq not the puppet dogs this war criminal has shaking his hands.

here's a little hint...

Keltoi
12-18-2008, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
What's pathetic is that puppet gov't beating him and imprisoning him. What's pathetic is how some kuffars here can't seem to comprehend the meaning of symbolism. Shoe's weren't gona kill him but they did well to disgrace that monkey's face, the act in itself sent a powerful message across the world of what iraqis and arabis think of this white devil and this "success" in iraq.
I comprehend the symbolism. I'm sure Bush did too. So what? What was the symbolism of the suicide attack that killed 15 innocent people the day before? There are more important issues in Iraq than a shoe throwing journalist. And more important issues than your racist garbage.

aminahjaan
12-18-2008, 11:17 PM
hahahah that was downright the funniest thing I've ever seen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.