/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can you study at two universities?

transition?
12-14-2008, 10:17 PM
:sl:

Can a person go to two univerisities? What stops a person from going to all the ones the get into ? I mean they get in and pay for both.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
12-14-2008, 10:22 PM
:wasalamex

Vell my dear fishy, I dont have a double personality and cant be in 2 places at the same time and my brain only has a limited capacity so being at 2 uni's on the go would successfully kill me :D

Whatsthepoint
12-14-2008, 10:24 PM
You'd have to be a superwoman to do that.

transition?
12-14-2008, 10:25 PM
lol tihehe. Maybe you can take the same amount of classes, but half of them at one place and the other half the other.

I guess universities have to be close to each other lol. that too.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansariyah
12-14-2008, 10:25 PM
I think u can...Why not. It all depend I guess...

Re.TiReD
12-14-2008, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
You'd have to be a superwoman to do that.
Yeh plus I'm finding it difficult enough at one uni thank you very much :p

Sis I'm in my 2nd year now....you're not yet at uni....you'll understand once ur a fresher :exhausted :D

The Ruler
12-14-2008, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by transition?
lol tihehe. Maybe you can take the same amount of classes, but half of them at one place and the other half the other.
Why would you want to do that when you can take all the classes from the same university?

Yanal
12-14-2008, 10:40 PM
If you can handle the homework, the exams , the fees, your friends, your teachers, the timings, your periods, I think you could:D

Musaafirah
12-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Wowzers. Am in my final year of uni and finding it hard enough to want to still stay at the uni, but 2???
That's utter madness!
Having said that, maybe you could if you had a limitless capacity to learn and the ability to zoom from place to place at the wink of an eye. (I can't find my poeticness, forgive me.)

crayon
12-15-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm sure it would be way easier to double major than to do two different majors at two different universities.

Some universities have a sort of agreement where they acknowledge each others courses, so if you do courses at one uni, they're easily transferable to the other one.

Or you could be registered in two different unis, while only attending classes for one. This is sort of what I'm thinking of doing, majoring in English lit and studying it on my own, sort of like a distance learning sort of thing, while also going to a proper university and getting another degree in mass communication, or marketing, inshallah.

The question remains, however; WHY on earth would you want to study at two universities? :P

Woodrow
12-15-2008, 03:38 PM
I have known a number of people that have done that. In my undergrad days at Centenary we had a number of Students taking language courses at Centenary and Engineering courses at Louisiana Tech. They usually went for double degrees a BA at Centenary and a BS at Tech.

It is much easier to take all courses at one Uni, but sometimes another may offer courses not offered by the other.

Centenary specialized in pre-med, pre-religion and pre-fine arts. Nearly all Centenary Students go on to advanced degrees most in the medical field.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.