/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Would you ?

MO783
12-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Assalmualykum,

I would like to ask if you would eat from a restraunt that sells Alcohol, would you trust the meat to be halal, if they sell Alcohol, can you trust the meat ?

I am asking because there are alot of restraunts in UK that are muslim owned but still sell alcohol, so I was wondering if people would still go

Jazakallah
Salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MO783
12-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Would anybody like to share their opinion ?

imsad

Faith.
12-15-2008, 04:47 PM
AssalmuAlaykum,
Hmmm, I personally wouldn't eat from there...I don't think I would trust it..
Yeah a lot of resturants do sell alcohol....and most restaurants that do sell alchol.... the owners arent muslim .....so I wouldn't trust the meat to be halal.
In my opinion...:w:

The Ruler
12-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Only if there isn't any other option around.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Soulja Girl
12-15-2008, 04:50 PM
:sl:

Nope. :coolious:

:w:

rpwelton
12-15-2008, 05:09 PM
This is actually my biggest beef (no pun intended) with so-called "halal" restaurants.

Most restaurants that are owned by Muslims either sell alcohol and claim their meat is zabihah, or they only offer a partial-zabihah menu (or both).

Trying to find a restaurant that is 100% halal in both meat and beverages is quite rare.

I'm also trying to stop eating at non-Muslim restaurants all together (ie, when I eat fish or veggie dishes), for fear that they use the same cooking surfaces or serving utensils for all food items.

Such are the trials and tribulations of being a Muslim in America.

highway_trekker
12-15-2008, 05:33 PM
no I wouldn't

Ummu Sufyaan
12-16-2008, 07:45 AM
wa alaykum us-salaam...
^
ditto...

MO783
12-16-2008, 01:11 PM
:sl:

Would anybody else like to share as this is a very important issue ?

There are alot of places in Uk that sells Alcohol that are muslim owned. Restraunts and off licences unfortunately

What do people think ?

gladTidings
12-16-2008, 03:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rpwelton
Such are the trials and tribulations of being a Muslim in America.
Yes I know how you feel!

I LOVE Turkish food, but the restuarants I have been to either sell alcohol or contain alcohol in their dishes. One claimed to be halal and the other admitted the meat is not halal. I had vegetarian food at both of them, but now I feel uncomfortable with the fact that they sell alcohol and cook around non-halal food.....so inshAllah I try to avoid it now. I attempt to cook the food I cant buy....even if it means uneatable imam biyaldi lol

There ARE decent restuarants that sell all halal food and no alcohol...bit harder to find though. I guess you have to be the change you want to see.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-16-2008, 03:52 PM
wouldnt trust it

MO783
12-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Jazakallah for everyone who has replied, please can people say what country they are in as well

IbnAbdulHakim
12-16-2008, 04:37 PM
UK bro

Banu_Hashim
12-16-2008, 05:04 PM
If anyone's been to the restaurant, "Flavourz", then you know that their meat is apparently halal, but they also have pork.

Ansariyah
12-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Some muslims live in places where there aren't many Muslim restaurants, n the few that exist tend to sell alcohol. The ones I know really sell halal meat..

When I asked the owner why he sells alcohol he said, "a lot of our customers are non-muslim's n they dine here. I think it's shady.. to each their own.

Güven
12-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Only go to places where I know the owner....beside that I wouldnt trust.

:wasalamext:

rpwelton
12-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Here in Boston I can count on one hand the number of Muslim restaurants that are 100% halal in both their food and drink.

Eating out is definitely a luxury and we shouldn't really be complaining when there are people in this world that can't even buy food to cook at home. However, it does make a powerful statement about the state of the Ummah in the West and how many people are forgoing their religious obligations in favor of a buck.

MO783
12-17-2008, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
If anyone's been to the restaurant, "Flavourz", then you know that their meat is apparently halal, but they also have pork.
What country is the restraunt in ?

MO783
12-17-2008, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
Some muslims live in places where there aren't many Muslim restaurants, n the few that exist tend to sell alcohol. The ones I know really sell halal meat..

When I asked the owner why he sells alcohol he said, "a lot of our customers are non-muslim's n they dine here. I think it's shady.. to each their own.
What are you saying that its ok to sell Alcohol as they are not a lot of muslims ?

Muslima_Rima
12-17-2008, 04:51 PM
But as a muslim yu shudnt be selling Alcohol in the first place, you shud be earning your money in a halal way...

Correct me, if im wrong..?

Banu_Hashim
12-17-2008, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mo783
what country is the restraunt in ?
uk.

Muslima_Rima
12-17-2008, 06:41 PM
uk.
Whre abouts in U.k...?

Zahida
12-17-2008, 06:59 PM
:sl:If i see that the restaraunt i am about to go into sells alcohol i avoid going into that restaraunt and go elsewhere.............................:w::)

Banu_Hashim
12-17-2008, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslima_Rima
Whre abouts in U.k...?
Well, there's one where I live, which is Bristol. I'm sure there are many others around the UK.

Their website: http://www.flavourz.co.uk/

Muslima_Rima
12-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Well, there's one where I live, which is Bristol. I'm sure there are many others around the UK.

Their website: http://www.flavourz.co.uk/

Do yu dine there..?if so,why..?

Banu_Hashim
12-17-2008, 10:27 PM
Do yu dine there..?if so,why..?
No I havn't dined there.

Muslima_Rima
12-17-2008, 10:31 PM
No I havn't dined there.
lol i was jus messin wiv yu

Well done...make sure yu tell the other muslim brothers and sisters...

Hav yu ever bin2 Nandoos...?

Ashjan95
12-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Me and my family hardly go to restraunts but the only place we go is to kfc and we get takesways but we dnt go to any restraunts we just cook at home az there is a lot of girls in our house to cook mashallah

Afraa
12-17-2008, 10:34 PM
No I wouldn't if there was alcohol sold there. Thats my queue.

Banu_Hashim
12-17-2008, 10:39 PM
lol i was jus messin wiv yu

Well done...make sure yu tell the other muslim brothers and sisters...

Hav yu ever bin2 Nandoos...?
Yeah it was either Nandos or Dandos... can't remember :p

They selled chicken shawrma... mmmm....

We ordered a pizza with jalapeños ... and the guy at the counter (think he was arab) kept pronouncing it Jalapenos with a "j"... instead of Halapenos. My mum corrected him 3 times and then just gave up... :p so funny...

Musaafirah
12-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Am from UK. Don't trust the restaurants, so don't go and eat out. The ones that are owned by muslim people, that I know of, also sell alcohol. I don't feel the need to compromise my faith just for the sake of some get togethers where alcohol is sold.

Musaafirah
12-17-2008, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ashjan95
Me and my family hardly go to restraunts but the only place we go is to kfc and we get takesways but we dnt go to any restraunts we just cook at home az there is a lot of girls in our house to cook mashallah
Is the chicken in KFC halaal?
And bro banu_hashim, what's the food in dando's like? D'you mean the one in Stapleton rd?
Have you checked out alwaha pizzas? They're yummo and no alcohol on premises and it's cool. But it's just a takeway though.

Muslima_Rima
12-17-2008, 10:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ashjan95
Same hre...we usually get takeaway from our local 'tastys'.. In my local shop there this take away called 'palms' owned by this Rastafarian man he claims that the meat is halal.. Asked the brothers from tasty's sayin it ain true, they only promoting itcoz there r alot of Muslims around the area...

Whom can you trust..?

Muslima_Rima
12-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Yeah it was either Nandos or Dandos... can't remember :p

They selled chicken shawrma... mmmm....

We ordered a pizza with jalapeños ... and the guy at the counter (think he was arab) kept pronouncing it Jalapenos with a "j"... instead of Halapenos. My mum corrected him 3 times and then just gave up... :p so funny...

jwkes...my local in s.t.a dnt do halal chicken, so why i go2 Luton instead.. tried Chicken shawrma...but trust my mum makes the best chicken shawrma but it made with pure ghee...(Yummm)

Goat Butter...hav yu heard of it..?

Banu_Hashim
12-17-2008, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
Is the chicken in KFC halaal?
And bro banu_hashim, what's the food in dando's like? D'you mean the one in Stapleton rd?
Have you checked out alwaha pizzas? They're yummo and no alcohol on premises and it's cool. But it's just a takeway though.
Yeah.. I think it's on Stapleton Rd! (I'll double check)... Alwaha is that corner arab restaurant... right next to St. marks road Masjid right? Are you from Bristol?

Musaafirah
12-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Indeedy. The pizzas from Alwaha (right next to Roman rd. masjid btw) were even more amazing with the old owners who've moved to Totterdown. Pizza from Lahore and Tasty Bites come joint 3rd. Don't have a second on the list though. Hmmm...
D'you know of any more that don't sell alcohol?

Banu_Hashim
12-17-2008, 11:22 PM
That's right Roman Rd... I get them mixed up :p

Um... Can't think of anymore at the moment... Bristol Sweet Mart? :D

Musaafirah
12-17-2008, 11:25 PM
You gotta be kidding me. lol.

Banu_Hashim
12-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Lickin Chicken lol. Ahh.... I used to love that place.

MO783
12-18-2008, 02:05 PM
Indeedy. The pizzas from Alwaha (right next to Roman rd. masjid btw) were even more amazing with the old owners who've moved to Totterdown. Pizza from Lahore and Tasty Bites come joint 3rd. Don't have a second on the list though. Hmmm...
D'you know of any more that don't sell alcohol?
What guys on about ?

Ansariyah
12-18-2008, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MO783
What are you saying that its ok to sell Alcohol as they are not a lot of muslims ?
No to me. But I am not accountable 4 what everybody else does.

Regarding the issue of eating in a place that facilitates alcohol but sells halal meat, my opinion is that it's ok when there is a necessity so long u avoid the alcohol n only buy the halal food. Like I said, not all muslims live in Muslim populated areas/countries.

We all shop at local grocery stores "owned by kufars", where there is pork, alcohol, all sorts of haram stuff. That doesn't mean we should avoid shopping there altogether when there is plenty of halal food. Wouldn't the same logic be applied to the Muslim owned restaurants that tend to sell alcohol??

Musaafirah
12-18-2008, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
No to me. But I am not accountable 4 what everybody else does.

Regarding the issue of eating in a place that facilitates alcohol but sells halal meat, my opinion is that it's ok when there is a necessity so long u avoid the alcohol n only buy the halal food. Like I said, not all muslims live in Muslim populated areas/countries.

We all shop at local grocery stores "owned by kufars", where there is pork, alcohol, all sorts of haram stuff. That doesn't mean we should avoid shopping there altogether when there is plenty of halal food. Wouldn't the same logic be applied to the Muslim owned restaurants that tend to sell alcohol??
Hmm..I wonder at that. The thing with Grocery shopping, it's a necessity. We need food to eat right? Whereas, eating out on premises that sell alcohol but otherwise claim to sell halaal meat, that's just unnecessary you get me?
(I don't mean to offend, just telling ye what I think)
and MO873, we were talking bout halaal food places in Brizzle.

Ansariyah
12-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Hmm..I wonder at that. The thing with Grocery shopping, it's a necessity. We need food to eat right? Whereas, eating out on premises that sell alcohol but otherwise claim to sell halaal meat, that's just unnecessary you get me?
(I don't mean to offend, just telling ye what I think)
and MO873, we were talking bout halaal food places in Brizzle.
I don't go by "claims". There is a place I know that sells halal meat but there is some alcohol stashed up. They really do sell halal meat, there's no question about that.

At the end of the day, u eat the halal food n not the alcohol. I don't busy myself with peoples characters, u will never really know who is who unless u know them personally. I would personally avoid it, but many can't n need the halal food. It's not my place to judge.

Faseeha
12-18-2008, 09:42 PM
I most probably wouldn't, but then again i Live in SA, in a city which has many many many halaal restaurants which do not server liquor or pork.

MO783
12-22-2008, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Proudly_Muslim
I most probably wouldn't, but then again i Live in SA, in a city which has many many many halaal restaurants which do not server liquor or pork.
Its unfortunate that many muslims sell Alcohol, its haram all the way.

imsad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!