/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Runny nose and Salah?

Hamayun
12-15-2008, 06:05 PM
:salamext:
Seeing that this is the season for flu and cold I have a question.

What do you do if your nose starts running during Salah?

Also does a runny nose invalidate Wudhu?

Jazakallahu Khairan :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ibrahim1429
12-15-2008, 08:39 PM
use tissues
no problem my brother

ibrahim-saudi arabia

ibrahim1429
12-15-2008, 08:41 PM
for second question

no, it does not

Hamayun
12-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Jazakallahu Khairan Brother :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Raizins
02-13-2009, 09:31 PM
lol xD nice topic. made meh smile.
ok well seeing as one time a sahaba was praying, and he got.. I donno injured somehow, I think some other person shot him with an arrow or something... Yeah that was it. :O Well he just continued on praying and didn't even flinch. And us, while we're praying, we get a bug bite and we can't stop scratching it and it distracts us from our salah. xD I'd say if you KNOW you're sick, just keep a Kleenex handy at all times. Hold it in your hand if you have to while you're praying. :D

Soulja Girl
02-13-2009, 09:33 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by ibrahim1429
use tissues
^Are we allowed to use tissues whilst performin Salah? :?

:w:

H4RUN
02-13-2009, 10:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

^Are we allowed to use tissues whilst performin Salah? :?

I've been told no and yes, but then i thought about it, pondered and came to conclude that if i wasn't to use a tissue of somesort my lips, chin, neck, clothes and maybe even my feet maybe covered in a certain substance:p[ hay fever season was really bad!]

Also with that, hay fever sufferers will find it extremely hard without blowing or wiping their nose, because without taking them actions breathing can get very difficult especially when in sujood.

Aaaaaaachhoooooooooooooo!!!

aminahjaan
02-13-2009, 11:58 PM
In salah, there's always someone next to me with a runny nose :\
Keep your head up? lol
Insha'Allah this link will help you
It's called "preform Salah correctly by Mufti Taqi Osmani
you just have to scroll down.
http://www.geocities.com/darstirmizi1/performsalah

3. Do not move any part of your body without the need. Stand in peace - the more, the better. If you have to scratch or do something else like that, use only one hand and that too, under very serious compulsion using the least time and effort.

So I guess that means you can't use a tissue?

Cabdullahi
02-14-2009, 12:05 AM
just let it flow brother!

Güven
02-14-2009, 12:08 AM
^lol ;D

I see it all the time , some are using tissues though

Amat Allah
02-14-2009, 02:17 AM
Does mucus invalidate prayer?
Is it permissible for a woman to pray when mucus is coming out of her all day long? She tries to have a bath so that she will always be clean.

Praise be to Allaah.
Yes, that is permissible, rather it is obligatory for her to offer the prayers on time, and that is not an impediment to her praying. You should understand that mucus and spittle do not invalidate wudoo’, and they are taahir (pure). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) allowed a worshipper to spit into his garment or under his foot whilst praying; this was narrated by al-Bukhaari, 500.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/26872/المخاط

if we are allowed to spit into our garment or under our feet whilst praying then why not using tissues to clean our noses ...???

Soulja Girl
02-14-2009, 08:05 AM

^Jazakillah khair sis... :)

Amat Allah
02-18-2009, 04:35 AM
wa iyaki may Allah grant u Al Jannah with out being reckoning Ameeeeeeeeeeen

Narrated Anas bin Malik (Radi Allahu 'anhum):

The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) saw some sputum in the direction
of the Qibla (on the wall of the mosque) and he disliked that and the sign
of disgust was apparent from his face. So he got up and scraped it off with
his hand and said, "Whenever anyone of you stands for the prayer, he is
speaking in private to his Lord or his Lord is between him and his Qibla.
So, none of you should spit in the direction of the Qibla but one can spit
to the left or under his foot." The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam)
then took the corner of his sheet and spat in it and folded it and said,
"Or you can do like this. "

Bukhari Vol. 1 : No. 399

MO783
02-18-2009, 12:18 PM

I hate it when you have a runny nose especially in salaah

Shukri18
03-30-2009, 03:41 AM
I heard in lecture that a quick wipe with one hand is permissible, but a full on nose blow breaks the salah.

Gazzali
04-11-2009, 05:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun
:salamext:
Seeing that this is the season for flu and cold I have a question.

What do you do if your nose starts running during Salah?

Also does a runny nose invalidate Wudhu?

Jazakallahu Khairan :)
If you have running nose you can still pray.. I used to pray when I have running nose. Blow out completely and take wudhu and pray.

Wasalam

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-13-2009, 12:35 AM
Ok I thought Islam was meant to be easy not difficult lol.

Like myself, when I sneeze, I sneeze and i definitely need to keep a tissue. If I "let it flow" ;D lol for the sake of argument....ill be twitching more, trust me lol. And im fairly sensitive, itll make me sneeze more lol. Sooo errmmm tissue i would need. When I sneeze its never an empty sneeze..itll definitely start running! Ive always had allergies so most of the time you'll see one in my hand! Its always with me now cuz i neva know when i need it. I'll start sneezing without me knowing at times.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-17-2009, 11:57 PM

Sneezing or running nose in Salah does not invalidate the prayer as it is unintentional. Best to use tissues with you all at times if you have hayfever or bit of flu.

nebula
04-18-2009, 01:08 AM
sometimes the water from wudu makes me sneeze and it looks like im crying during salaah :(

hisnameiszzz
06-30-2014, 08:59 PM
Ace thread. Isn't it true that if you fidget/move/shift more than 3 times than your salaat is broken? So would the same rule still apply if you used a tissue x 3 in one salaat?

entrik4
07-13-2014, 10:15 PM
this is vasomotor rhinitis

Chase
07-15-2014, 01:18 PM
I would say keeping a tissues near you, or in your pocket would solve the problems, else you would just let it flow and that would be annoying or not a very nice sight for the person next to you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.