/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why does it not feel the same?

Hamayun
12-15-2008, 06:45 PM
:salamext:

Why is it that when you first come to Islam you cry :cry: during Salah and you feel Allah's presence when you go into Sujood :statisfie and you feel the fear in your heart. It used to almost make me tremble....

Me and my wife both felt this strong presence and almost overwhelming presence of Allah when we came to Islam.

Now our Eeman is much stronger and we pray more often and read/listen to Quran more often but we don't feel that fear anymore.

I do feel very relaxed and refreshed after Salah but I wanna feel that presence again.

Why do I not feel it anymore? Help!

Jazakallahu Khairan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mohsen1985
12-16-2008, 07:53 AM
It's human nature, we tend to get used to things. If something happens again that moves you emotionally you'll feel all that again. Sometimes when I'm feeling depressed or I'm upset/mad about something, I get those feelings, feel like crying after salaat and dua.

Just imagine this, you buy your dream car with your hard earned money, the first week you're so excited about it and you enjoy the car, but then slowly you start to get used to it and it doesn't feel the same, even though it's the same car and you still love it, but you've gotten used to that "rush" and excitement. It's still there, but you don't feel it.

Sahabiyaat
12-16-2008, 10:35 AM
i will never understand why men will relate every single problem in life......to a car. :rollseyes

mohsen1985
12-16-2008, 11:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
i will never understand why men will relate every single problem in life......to a car. :rollseyes
:D I'm personally car crazy, basically everything-related-to-car-crazy

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
julie sarri
12-16-2008, 12:00 PM
I think that when we first come into Islam and start praying we are all fearful becouse of the sins and bad actions we did before and we worry about if we will be forgiven and the more we pray and grow in deen we feel his presents but then we incorporate Islam into are life and it becouse a normal part of every day life we start to feel his mercy and so we relax i once read in a book i cant remember the name but it made a lot of sense we go threw 3 stages when we revert to Islam 1 is fear and regret we pray in hope of forgives and fear of hellfire 2 we start to feel Allahs swt mercy and we increase good deeds and build Eemaan and pray for mercy and protection but this time we know how merciful he is so we dont lose hope 3 Eemaan grows and we pray out of the love we have for Allah swt. So FEAR,HOPE,LOVE.

- Qatada -
12-16-2008, 12:40 PM

yeh,exactly like sister julie said. i think most people learn about islam at the beginning and be more focused - trying to change themselves - but then they get bored.

the best thing to do to get it back is to learn new things about islam and put them into practise like you did at the beginning. this way you always have something new to do always and u continuously changing urself for the better. so u increase in emaan and ur practically applying islam - like you did at the beginning, so you get them feelings like u did at the beginning too, insha Allah.

Danah
12-16-2008, 05:00 PM
I think its not only with people who just come to islam. its for everyone stay away from Allah and then get back to him again...they realize how miserable their life was without being close to allah and they fear the way they dare to disobey allah. So the crying is comming actually from many things.

and subhan allah, its the only crying that you feel like you just want to keep it and dont stop it, because we can sense how much it relief us from this dunia (life) nastiness

May allah keep us always in the right path and guide this humanity to the truth

Hamayun
12-16-2008, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohsen1985
:D I'm personally car crazy, basically everything-related-to-car-crazy

I am car crazy too. :D I built my drift car from scratch :exhausted

Jazakallah for all the replies. It does make sense when you put it like that.

I Sister Julie hit the nail on the head. I think I am now at the 2nd stage. I hope Allah will help me to the 3rd stage Insha'Allah.

Jazakallahu Khairan my Brothers and Sisters. I love you all :)

- Qatada -
12-16-2008, 08:07 PM

u might find this useful akh [if u havn't already read it];

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...dying-out.html

militant g-hard
12-16-2008, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun

Why is it that when you first come to Islam you cry :cry: during Salah and you feel Allah's presence when you go into Sujood :statisfie and you feel the fear in your heart. It used to almost make me tremble....

Me and my wife both felt this strong presence and almost overwhelming presence of Allah when we came to Islam.

Now our Eeman is much stronger and we pray more often and read/listen to Quran more often but we don't feel that fear anymore.

I do feel very relaxed and refreshed after Salah but I wanna feel that presence again.

Why do I not feel it anymore? Help!

Jazakallahu Khairan
i will explain the reasons you do not feel those feelings is because of sins darkening ur heart and because the food u eat may be haram even if it says it is halal. majority of the meat coming from muslim slaughter houses is not halal so u need to find a source that can gaurantee it is halal.

secondly to clear the zulmat and sins from ones heart, u are required to zikr daliy and also to do astaghfar daily

u live in a society where every where there is kufar, there is zina, music swearing backbiting ect... these put zulmat on ur heart and darken it. so it is required to do zikr daily and astaghfar. when ur heart is cleaned u will feel those feelings again.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-16-2008, 09:26 PM
bro just because your quantity has increased over the years (you saying you read/listen more) doesnt mean your quality has increased.

when you came to islaam your repentance was pure, you was sinless,

over the years we stain ourselves... the most perfect of creation use to ask for taubah over a 100 times perday sallallahi alaihi wasallaam...

our quality should be increasing, our fear should be increasing.

and i definitly think we are lacking if its decreasing...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.