/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When nothing works

AnonymousPoster
12-16-2008, 03:45 PM
What happens when you recite duas that are supposed to make you feel better, but nothing works, duas that are supposed to protect you from evil, duas that are supposed to help when you opressed by men, when you are miserable, depressed.

What do you do when absolutely nothing works and you are exhausted?:exhausted

Do you feel like you are going insane? Do you feel like ripping the hair out of your head?

Do you feel like nothing and no one will help you, despite years and years of depression and no light at the end of the tunnel?

I hear people say they read this and that dua and so an so felt so much better afterwards. Why does nothing work for me? :grumbling

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
12-16-2008, 08:02 PM
:sl:

do u meet the conditions for an acceptable du'a?

http://southernmuslimah.wordpress.co...supplications/

IbnAbdulHakim
12-16-2008, 08:49 PM
^ what an amazing link..

syilla
12-17-2008, 01:17 AM
Encouraging supplicating to Allah

Allah commands His servants to supplicate to Him, for this will ensure their welfare in this life and the Hereafter. Allah said,

[ادْعُواْ رَبَّكُمْ تَضَرُّعًا وَخُفْيَةً]

(Invoke your Lord Tadarru`an and Khufyah) meaning, in humbleness and humility. Allah said in a similar Ayah,

[وَاذْكُر رَّبَّكَ فِي نَفْسِكَ]

(And remember your Lord within yourself) [7:205] It is recorded in the Two Sahihs that Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari said, "The people raised their voices with supplications but the Messenger of Allah said,

«أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ ارْبَعُوا عَلَى أَنْفُسِكُمْ فَإِنَّكُمْ لَا تَدْعُونَ أَصَمَّ وَلَا غَائِبًا إِنَّ الَّذِي تَدْعُونَ سَمِيعٌ قَرِيب»

(O people! Take it easy on yourselves. Verily, you are not calling one who is deaf or absent, rather, the One you are calling is All-Hearer, Near (to His servants by His knowledge).) Ibn Jarir said that,

[تَضَرُّعًا]

(Tadarru`an), means obeying Him in humility and humbleness,

[وَخُفْيَةً]

(and Khufyah), with the humbleness in your hearts and certainty of His Oneness and Lordship not supplicating loudly to show off.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
12-17-2008, 07:22 AM
Sometimes I wonder if we are right to expect God to 'make everything better for us'. That's an expectation I often see in Christians too.

Is God there to serve us?
Or are we there to serve God??

I used to go to church and pray expecting to receive from God, and consequently feel better.
Now I increasingly find myself going to church and praying with a quiet desire to be instructed by God in how I can serve him and give. That alone seems good enough, how I feel seems to become less important ...

(Having said all this, of course there are also times when I throw a hissy fit because things aren't going my way ... :-[ I have not reached perfection yet! :D)

Ummu Sufyaan
12-17-2008, 07:26 AM

just.have.patience.

seriously, that and dua are the keys to success...and if nothing seems to be working, then there are always blessings' in disguise :thumbs_up

Why does nothing work for me?
give it time, inshallah...take each day as it comes and dont give up/despair...

Tilmeez
12-17-2008, 08:12 AM
Forgot the exact Hadith but it said:
On the day of judgment there will be a big pile of virtues (Hasanaat) that will be added to Hasanaat of a man to save him from Hell fire. He will, in wonder, ask what is this? He then will be told that these all were his unanswered Dua's.

Keep asking Allah with every Dua you know.

AnonymousPoster
12-17-2008, 11:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

do u meet the conditions for an acceptable du'a?

http://southernmuslimah.wordpress.co...supplications/
Thank you, that IS a very good link. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.