/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!!!

Soulja Girl
12-16-2008, 07:07 PM
:sl:

I keep gettin this msg every few mins, it iz sooo bloody annoying and so driving me up the bloody wall! :raging: And I've performed scans like Allah knows how many timezzz... :hmm: And! My Internet has been very slow ever since... To such an extent that simetimes it says: "Cannot find server" Grr!!! :rollseyes

Here:

Help very much appreciated! :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
12-16-2008, 07:09 PM
re-install windows!!!

lol thats all the help you get from me

Soulja Girl
12-16-2008, 07:19 PM

^You reckon it'll be fine? :?

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
12-16-2008, 07:19 PM
^ if you reinstall windows?

yep clears up 99.999% of the problems

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Soulja Girl
12-16-2008, 07:22 PM

Erm... How do I reinstall windows? :?

IbnAbdulHakim
12-16-2008, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

Erm... How do I reinstall windows? :?

insert windows xp cd, make sure you have the serial key in hand because its gonna ask you and when prompted choose to delete partitions. just delete them all !

then install windows anew.

Assalamu Alaikum

Soulja Girl
12-16-2008, 07:31 PM

^Too long, I don't fink I even have the CD... :hmm:

But I found this:
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/seca...SASS%5FEXPLOIT

^Not that I understand what it says... :X

Cabdullahi
12-16-2008, 07:37 PM
sister what antivirus do u have?

Soulja Girl
12-16-2008, 07:40 PM

^LOL! I have two actually... And they both suck at their job...

1. Trend Micro PC-cillin...
2. Ad-Aware SE Professional...

And the fing came twice jus now... imsad

Cabdullahi
12-16-2008, 07:42 PM
okay sister have u got the antivirus installation cd's

Soulja Girl
12-16-2008, 07:45 PM

No... Though I could get it...

Cabdullahi
12-16-2008, 07:51 PM
I think it might be the antivirus thats causing the problem...have u done a full system scan? - what did it come up with??...........

if you could get the cd's then i would suggest uninstalling the antivirus and then reinstall it again.......or even better you could download windows xp(but thats illegal :()

Soulja Girl
12-16-2008, 08:10 PM

There's way too many illegal stuff on this comp anyway! Anddd... When we gave our comp for repairs, the guy said tis too old for xp... imsad And yep, I did a full system scan today, there was 21 critical objects so I quarantined em? :hmm:

Afifa
12-16-2008, 08:13 PM
if you've done the full system scan and its still not gone away then it may be a virus...the only way to get rid of it is to wipe your system clean

IbnAbdulHakim
12-16-2008, 08:14 PM
sis it does sound like you need a new pc.

you can get decent ones for as little as £150, you should think bout it.

Cabdullahi
12-16-2008, 08:17 PM
sister uninstall the antivirus and install this http://free.avg.com/download?prd=afe

it might be an old pc but i have a feeling its the antivirus thats malfunctioning

its a free antivirus and its more than capable of protecting ur pc until you get a good antivirus

Soulja Girl
12-16-2008, 08:18 PM

^Oki, I'll try that... Jazakallah khair Jay... :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
sis it does sound like you need a new pc.

you can get decent ones for as little as £150, you should think bout it.
^Say that to the mother... ;D

This iz the one she wants:

http://www.dmxdimension.com/dell-uk/...-evalue-codes/

^And she has her mind set... :rollseyes

IbnAbdulHakim
12-16-2008, 08:24 PM
if your willing to spend £400 you can get amazing deals on ebay, dont get it from that site! the specs arent too good.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AMD-Phenom-QUA...3A1|240%3A1318

^ very good offer, if you choose to select xp or vista it'll cost a bit more, you already have keyboard/mouse/monitor so those arent any problem.

if you want something around 300 i can recommend a great one too!

if you dont have any interest in games (if no one in your whole family likes games) then your better off buying one for £200.

the one i recommended can handle the latest games nicely :ooh:

Musaafirah
12-16-2008, 08:30 PM
You crazy sister you!
You should never have 2 antiviruses otherwise one stops the other from working properly, or some such thing as that.
So ya, as someone's mentioned above, remove ur old ones, install AVG and you'll be sorted!
I quite like AVG and it's the one thats recommended by the I.T. dudes at uni. :)

Soulja Girl
12-16-2008, 08:33 PM

^Hmm... I'ma try that in a lil while... :)

@ Fighting4Iman: Lol, jazakallah khair for that bro but like I said my mum won't say yea, once she has her mind on somefin, she won't change it... We were so close to gettin one for £200 a couple of months back... :(

Danah
12-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Oh did you have two antiviruses?? that will not work....

I think it might be a virus infected your machine, but if u already did ur full scan and found nothing the virus might affected ur antivirus program, so it cant scan any threats in ur machine.

if u still have the original CD of the anti virus u have try to uninstall the current one then re install it again

Soulja Girl
12-17-2008, 03:43 PM

Hamlaaa... I uninstalled the antiviruses and downloaded the AVG one inshtead! And my comp iz as good as new again! :D Oh and moreee good news, we gettin a new one next week! :D Though I don't mind cuz this one works... :)

Jazakumullah khair all of you, thread can be closed now! :)

Cabdullahi
12-17-2008, 03:50 PM
yeah i simply knew it.......the problem was the antivirus!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!