/* */

PDA

View Full Version : chocs giv spots?

IbnAbdulHakim
12-16-2008, 10:34 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

rather then going off-topic in another thread thought i'd ask

chocolates DO give spots right?

or have i been avoiding them needlessly ?

format_quote Originally Posted by answer-yahoo
Yes it does. Also, if you have alcohol with choc it gives you headaches.
^ lol!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
12-16-2008, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yahoo
no girl chocolate don't give you spots, worry does

quite a lot of people disagree actually

thats it, im gnna have all the chocolates i want from now on

Whatsthepoint
12-16-2008, 10:37 PM
Not all people get spots.

Musaafirah
12-16-2008, 10:49 PM
No. Chocs do NOT give spots at all!
I used to eat 5 bars a day and Alhamdulillah had clear skin. Have only been gettin spots recently coz of stress. But my doctors said that chocz do NOT coz spots. Also, hormonal imbalances affect ye, so maybe the 2 together might not be good?
I dunno. But I know chocz don't cause my spots, coz when I stopped eatin choz for 3 months I still managed to get 'em, so go ahead! Eat all you want. Just don't take any from my supply.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Intisar
12-16-2008, 10:52 PM
:sl: No they don't, but the sugar in it can contribute to it.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-16-2008, 10:55 PM
yep i cant wait to tell my sister that

i agree

the only reasons i get spots is stress/lack of sleep

but i hardly ever let stress get to me so its just lack of sleep

Cabdullahi
12-16-2008, 10:56 PM
i dont eat chocolates that much maybe once every 4 months??

IbnAbdulHakim
12-16-2008, 11:00 PM
^ thats kinda shocking..

people always buy us chocolates, friends/cousins/colleagues

so im eating it a lot lol

come to think of it.. i hardly ever buy my own :|

Musaafirah
12-16-2008, 11:02 PM
Whoah. Junior man, are ye depriving yourself or do you just not like chocs?
Whoah. I thought 3 month deprivation was hard, but 4?!!! Whoah.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-16-2008, 11:22 PM
:sl:

Removing spots, I've heard that the following are real good treatments:

1. Toothpaste. Apply it over spots and around, remove after 15-20 minutes and do this for like 3 days in a row and you'll have clear skin.
  2. Honey. Apply honey to face and leave on for like 20 minutes. Makes skin clear and soft.
  3. Tomato + cucumber paste/juice and apply to skin. Clears very well!

http://www.articlesbase.com/acne-art...me-552064.html
http://ezinearticles.com/?Popular-Ho...n-Up&id=331456
http://www.ehow.com/how_2119699_use-...cure-acne.html

^ Better than spending $$$ on chemicals that mess up your face! On topic, see:
http://www.acne-resource.org/acne-ar...late-myth.html
http://acne.about.com/od/acnefaqs/f/chocolate.htm

unknown_JJ
12-16-2008, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Sayyad
:sl:

Removing spots, I've heard that the following are real good treatments:

1. Toothpaste. Apply it over spots and around, remove after 15-20 minutes and do this for like 3 days in a row and you'll have clear skin.
  2. Honey. Apply honey to face and leave on for like 20 minutes. Makes skin clear and soft.
  3. Tomato + cucumber paste/juice and apply to skin. Clears very well!
No don't eat chocolate, I don't eat it, and I never get spots!

And don't listen to Abu Sayyad, he has no idea what he's talking about, he's just good at deleting posts, :raging:

Toothpaste...? the acid in it kills the bacteria temporarily and may make the spot itchier, so you pick at it and it goes red or several days later you get a spot in the same place! it happens..

And honey does make your skin soft, my mate tried it, but don't try it on a cold day, it will make your face sticky! Warm water will help though =)

Tomato and Cucumber?...wt*? DON'T WASTE FOOD!

Ta-ra.

Woodrow
12-17-2008, 12:13 AM
There are many reasons to limit the amount of chocolate you eat. But, pimples, spots, acne etc are some of the few things it does not cause.

Natural unprocessed chocolate is actually healthy and nutritious. It was a staple in the Aztec diet and is still used in some Mexican recipes.

But, most people can not stand the taste of real unprocessed chocolate, so it got turned into a candy by the Dutch. Now it is a fatty confection loaded with useless calories

TrueStranger
12-17-2008, 12:21 AM
From what I heard spots or pimples are caused by hormonal imbalance. You will barely see a person in their 30’s with pimples; it is mostly people who are in their early teens to mid-20s.

Najm
12-17-2008, 12:39 AM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

WOW!!!! I guess this is the chox thread!!!! Amazing mmmmmmm!!!!

I love chox, i have to have so many in a day!!!
And i have a lot more when im depressed:-[
I have a full continuous flowing supply at home.
I eat it like food:D

And yes i do share the chox:-[ Here's a BIG
chox-mosse cake for everybody, tuck in and enjoy...... :D

FiAmaaniAllah

Intisar
12-17-2008, 01:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
From what I heard spots or pimples are caused by hormonal imbalance. You will barely see a person in their 30’s with pimples; it is mostly people who are in their early teens to mid-20s.
:sl: They don't always go away though, it can turn into adult acne. Chocolate contains a lot of sugar which contributes to acne. It depends on what kind you have though, if you have harsh acne such as rosacea then you should definitely stay away from chocolate anyway lol.

If you want clear skin, drink lots of water, eat lots of fruits and nuts and stay away from processed food.

Like Woodrow said though, natural chocolates (not Mars bar or snickers) are actually good for you cause they contain antioxidants.

You should always speak to a dermatologist about your skin though, after all it is what their job's based on...skin lol.

themuffinman
12-17-2008, 02:42 AM
i can tell you from experience it does definately cause acne if your prone to acne. i get loads of pimples if i eat chocolate. best thing to get rid of acne is clean up your diet and if that doesnt work try carly's smooth an clear skin treatment it worked for me very well. it has just enough benzoyl peroxide as to not irritate your skin

Mysterious Uk
12-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Nah i read somewhere (soz cant remember where) but chocolate giving spots is apparantly a myth.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-17-2008, 12:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by themuffinman
i can tell you from experience it does definately cause acne if your prone to acne. i get loads of pimples if i eat chocolate. best thing to get rid of acne is clean up your diet and if that doesnt work try carly's smooth an clear skin treatment it worked for me very well. it has just enough benzoyl peroxide as to not irritate your skin

bro maybe its some chocolates?

i do know that dark chocolate is good for your skin :ooh:

Musaafirah
12-17-2008, 02:30 PM
^^ Dark chocolate is horrible. And yah, it'd be best to ask your dermatologist what the cause of your spots is and they can then maybe help ye.
Milk and white choc all the way!!

IbnAbdulHakim
12-17-2008, 03:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
^^ Dark chocolate is horrible. !
which is why its good for your skin

all horrible things are good for your skin

green tea
dark chocolate
vegetables
although i do like quite a lot of vegetables

Ansariyah
12-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Chocolates never give me spots, Alhamdulilah. MilkChoc all tha way!

I think "too much" of anything is far too much. Moderation~~*.

Dark chocs are good for the heart..but not so tasyy, i dont like it.

Najm
12-17-2008, 03:54 PM

Dark Chocolate are simply AMAZING!!!:-[

FiAmaaniAllah

smile
12-17-2008, 06:24 PM
CHocs don't give spots!

smile
12-17-2008, 06:25 PM
and u waste ur time putting that pic up there

Zahida
12-17-2008, 07:15 PM
:sl:LOL!!!!!

Chocs make you feel good and it is a well known fact that chocolate is craved for especiallly by women........... (details not needed!!)

Actually i would say stress gives you spots............:D

:statisfie because i just ate a chocolate??????

Whats your favourite?????????:w::)
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
Assalamu Alaikum

rather then going off-topic in another thread thought i'd ask

chocolates DO give spots right?

or have i been avoiding them needlessly ?

^ lol!

Al-Zaara
12-17-2008, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Sayyad

Might help slightly for some, but rather use some product made for it, something that dries the spot and at the same time maybe has salicyd acid in it.

^ Better than spending $$$ on chemicals that mess up your face! On topic, see:
Don't buy that propaganda, if you actually have bad skin, you ought to talk to an dermatologist to see what chemicals might help you, for no apple, puree or toothpaste in the world is gonna fix real problems. If it's acne, it's a disease, not just a temporarily hormonal or stress outburst.

Other than that, no one says having a healthy diet is making things worse, on the contrary, chemicals and medicine help you better if you do have a good and healthy diet and lifestyle.

Ashjan95
12-17-2008, 08:44 PM
i have herd people that people get spots of chox thats if they are sensive or sumin lyk that anyway i lyk chox but it dose make u fat and lyk me but i dnt eat that much anymore .....

Zahida
12-17-2008, 09:56 PM
:sl: I have a friend who is a dermotologist and she has mentioned a drug called Roaccutane which is good for acne and only recommended in severe cases, you need to have a blood test for it and your GP can recommend you to a dermotologist.

For dry skin there is a very good cream called DoubleBase which is ideal as it has no scent, additives etc, when you pray and do wudu the use of water dries the skin you should always try to moisturise afterwards.

:w::)

IbnAbdulHakim
12-17-2008, 09:59 PM
lol its turned into an acne thread :p

btw sis your question, the chocolate i like most if probably crunchies.

i love crunchies

*as for acne, i find that not thinking about it, sleeping it over, helps it go away best :)*

Al-Zaara
12-17-2008, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
*as for acne, i find that not thinking about it, sleeping it over, helps it go away best :)*
LOL Hope that's not your way of dealin' with things in some other aspects of life. Oh well, most people should do something if they can, it's only for their own good.

Muslima_Rima
12-17-2008, 10:06 PM
what is your favourite chocolate and why..?

Zahida
12-18-2008, 09:40 PM
:sl:Galaxy, Dairy Milk, Ripple, Flake, Crunchie, Wispa, Boost, Bounty(the taste of paradise) Mars Bars, Milky Way, Maltesers, Revels, Minstrels, Aero, Kit-Kat,
Twix, Ferrero Rocher, Lion Bar, Snickers, Yorkie, Milky Buttons, Quality Streets, Heroes......................................

Because........................I like the taste!!!!

:w::D

Najm
12-18-2008, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl:Galaxy, Dairy Milk, Ripple, Flake, Crunchie, Wispa, Boost, Bounty(the taste of paradise) Mars Bars, Milky Way, Maltesers, Revels, Minstrels, Aero, Kit-Kat,
Twix, Ferrero Rocher, Lion Bar, Snickers, Yorkie, Milky Buttons, Quality Streets, Heroes......................................

Because........................I like the taste!!!!

:w::D

Wow!! Me too!!! Anything chocolate and im there!!!

Ill add to that....

..................Twirl, , Flake, Double Decker, Picnic, Quality Streets, Milk Tray, M'n'M's, After Eight, Lindor, Bueno Kinder, Chomp, Drifter, Time Out, Smarties, Rolo, Munchies, Lion, Belgium Chocolate, Thorntons ..............MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

Note: This is not an advert nor an exhaustive list!!

FiAmaaniAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.