/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Ummah

Civilsed
12-16-2008, 11:03 PM
:sl:

Bothers and Sistes,

When I reflect on the current state of our Ummah, I can't help but think of Surat Al Imran Verse 103 Where Allah says "and hold firm to the rope of Allah and be not divided."

The rope of Allah in the Quran and the Sunnah of our beloved prophet Mohammed (SAW), And in the farwell Khutbah our beloved Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) said he leave us 2 things ( The Quran and his Sunnah) hold firm to these and you will not be led ashtray by Satan.

If we were to do this there would be no reason for division. Allah also says "and be not divided" I can't help thinking that at times we focus so much on those "minor" issues such as whether to raise your hands during salah or your finger during tashahud and forget about the major issues that do unite us, such as, the shahada and the 5 pillars of islam. remember when angel Gabreel came to the prophet and Ask What is Islam, Iman and Ihsan, then Mohammed PBUH said he cme to teach you your deen.

Although there are a minority of muslim sects that deviate and differ from the major issues, but as a whole we should be united regardless if we are Hanifi, hambali, Shafi'i, Ibadhi, etc...

lets unite Brothers & Sisters :thumbs_up

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
yasin ibn Ahmad
12-16-2008, 11:33 PM
:w: bro
Inshallah we will be one united ummah very soon.You have good points in your post.Thanks for the reminder.We should never forget that we have very much common issuses that gathers us together.
:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.