/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dogs

AnonymousPoster
12-17-2008, 12:47 PM
salams

My lil niece gets crazy when she sees a dog. She will even run off..like literally. She almost escaped out of my hands n ran into a car, I had to do some crazy Jackie Chan moves to safe her.

We're taking a walk n she'll see a dog from a distance...Like faaar away n start running. Doing circles around me, n the dog will start freaking out.

First time it was funny..now it's getting plain scary. I tried to calm her down, even told her that I wud :raging: the dog if he even comes near her.

We were in a bus, she almost stood on my head.. I did everything, comforting, calming her down, nothing works.

My niece is 5. Any advice?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
12-17-2008, 05:45 PM
which asians arent scared of dogs LoL ,. I remember the days when i got chased by dogs.

islamirama
12-17-2008, 06:04 PM
A good idea would be to have watch kids her age playing with a puppy, then have her slowly get close the puppy and even touch it if she can, if not then slowly work up to that. Afterwards, try a bigger dog if she gets comfortable. It's ok to touch a dog, just avoid the nose and the mouth, plus wash your hands afterwards :)

IbnAbdulHakim
12-17-2008, 06:24 PM
take her to bangladesh

the way the dogs are down there will remove all fear from her

seriously

its like a whole different species of dogs, the dogs are SCARED of people over there :|

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
12-17-2008, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
which asians arent scared of dogs LoL ,. I remember the days when i got chased by dogs.
some of us non-asians are also scared of dogs it seems...

format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
A good idea would be to have watch kids her age playing with a puppy, then have her slowly get close the puppy and even touch it if she can, if not then slowly work up to that. Afterwards, try a bigger dog if she gets comfortable. It's ok to touch a dog, just avoid the nose and the mouth, plus wash your hands afterwards :)
I thought touching dogs was haram?

format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
take her to bangladesh

the way the dogs are down there will remove all fear from her

seriously

its like a whole different species of dogs, the dogs are SCARED of people over there :|
huh? anything else other than bangladesh?

Ashjan95
12-17-2008, 08:51 PM
I thought touching dogs was haram?
yes it is but if u do you have to wash your hands 7 times with soap

Banu_Hashim
12-17-2008, 09:03 PM
She's 5, so it's only natural. Just try to explain to her that the dog's on a lead and can't get away.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-18-2008, 07:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
salams

My lil niece gets crazy when she sees a dog. She will even run off..like literally. She almost escaped out of my hands n ran into a car, I had to do some crazy Jackie Chan moves to safe her.

We're taking a walk n she'll see a dog from a distance...Like faaar away n start running. Doing circles around me, n the dog will start freaking out.

First time it was funny..now it's getting plain scary. I tried to calm her down, even told her that I wud :raging: the dog if he even comes near her.

We were in a bus, she almost stood on my head.. I did everything, comforting, calming her down, nothing works.

My niece is 5. Any advice?
your niece sounds a lot like me when i was her age :-[
seriously, the more i think shes exposed to dogs, the better it is for her to get over it, inshallah...i think you should start by showing her pics/images of dogs (is shes scared of them) and then when shes comfortable with that, then show her puppies, then when shes comfortable with them, then you move on tp the next thing, and so on...

but just take it slowly slowly with her until her fear is replaced, inshallah...also explain to her that dogs are quite friendly animals, and the more shes scared of them, the more they may seem that they're attacking her (i should know :-[)

Tony
12-18-2008, 07:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ashjan95
yes it is but if u do you have to wash your hands 7 times with soap
eh!!! Dogs are mantioned in the Qur'an favourably, it does not state anywhere that dogs are haram. Such gentle and useful loving animals can only be good. A dogs love for its owner is asking of nothing and most would probably die protecting you.:D:sl:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.