/* */

PDA

View Full Version : im taking notes on...

ayan333
12-18-2008, 12:57 AM
:sl:

ive began to take notes on realy good lectures.i just started th Seerra of Prophet Muhammed (SWA) Mekka serious by Anwar AL-Awlaki

i was thinking early, n thought to myself how do i expect myself to become a scholar if i dnt even take notes when i hear lectures or information that is new to me

so im making this thread to help myself and one else intrested

if you all could please share any lectures that you belive is well gathered and good to take notes on please please post them

it doesnt matter if you think its not up to par,just give us a link please,also please add a itle background info on it.

JazakALLAH khair

please add to he thread,im really looking foward to it InshALLAH!

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
12-18-2008, 01:30 AM
I can't find any good lectures for a sister. Try reading the Quran in English version and collect hadiths, sort them as categories and then you have lectures for almost every topic.

rpwelton
12-18-2008, 01:41 AM
Anwar Al Awlaki is a great speaker; he brings the stories of the Prophet (SAW) and his companions (ra) alive with zest and zeal. He really makes you appreciate the religion and long for perfection.

The first two volumes of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) are great; I'm anxiously awaiting the third!

I also have his other major sets: Abu Bakr, Umar, the Hereafter, and Lives of the Prophets.

They are all terrific lectures and I recommend them all. I haven't quite finished the Hereafter, but so far it's amazingly in depth and really opens your eyes. Just don't listen to the Hereafter at night. There are some creepy stories about ad-Dajjal in it that will make your hair stand on end. My wife couldn't listen to it at night (although personally I love scary stuff).

I recently ordered three lecture series by 3 other Sheikhs (Mothers of Believers by Shuhaib Webb, Exemplars of Courage by Zaid Shakir, and Under the Shade of Scrolls by Muhammad Al-Shareef). My wife and I are taking a road trip this Friday down the east coast insha Allah and we hope to get through all the lectures. I'll let you know what I think of them.

This is actually a great thread because I would like to expand my knowledge of other speakers and figure out which sets are good to listen to, etc. I'm kind of picky about my lectures though; if the sound is of poor quality or the speaker has a very thick accent, then I won't listen to it.

Na7lah
12-18-2008, 01:42 AM
Great idea!

I listened to this lecture, "Kayfa Ta7fadh Al-Quran" how to memorize the quran and i took some notes, i'll post them later tonight if i get a chance to type them, otherwise i'll post it tommorow :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ayan333
12-18-2008, 03:08 AM
JazakALLAH Khair for the replies

Brother Yanal: i know the Hadith and Holy Qur'an are the best sources but im more into lectures.JazakALLAH Khair tho

Brother rpwelton: yes im also picky with lectures,we shouldnt be but what help sis good i guess.Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki is great MashALLAH! he keeps you wanting to listen for ever Alhamdulilah

Ive already listen to pretty much the whole Mekka series but this time i want to go back and get detailed notes so i can actually try to remember and study InshALLAH.

Ill be looking forward to hearing your comments about those lectures InshALLAH

sis Muslimah421: i dnt want to make u write your notes.Gosh i could never write mine out,it would take forever. try to scan it InshALLAH.

SubahnALLAH i only really got through 2 sections today but i learned so much.

things i learned today:

1. Khuz'3 tribe from left Yemen and lied in the area in Mekka were Hajara(wife of Ibrheem (a.s) and mother of Islamial (a.s) and Ismail (a.s) where, Surpisingly they asked for permission from Hajara to stay and she accepted but only by her terms

2. 'Amr Bin Lahee bin Kuz'3= leader of the tribe had only political power in mekka (not religious authority) for almost 2,000 years.Qurash leader Qusay bin kulab unified Qurash and revolted against the Khuz'3 tribe and kicked them out finally the descendants of Ismail (a.s) had full authority over Mekka.

3. Amr and Hashim are the same person.after gaining full athorty over Mekka he had provisions of Al-Hajaj (providing for the pilgrams) and he added bread to the soup.the crushing of the read is called Hashim (if im not wrong) so he was gven the nickname Hashim

4. AbduMutalib and shayba are the same person. He was given that name becasue he had gray hair when he was born.his uncle (fathers brother mutalib) came to claim him.when he brought him back mekka from Medina(where his mother rasied him after his father died) the people of Mekka thought that Shayba was his new slave so they named him Abdumutalib. slave of mutlib

i sort of knew these thing sbut it never was clear, now it is..sorry if i confused anyone im in rush.

Na7lah
12-18-2008, 03:12 AM
i was typing it and stopped halfway lol, i'll scan it then =)

ayan333
12-18-2008, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
i was typing it and stopped halfway lol, i'll scan it then =)
ok InshALLAH

Na7lah
12-18-2008, 03:24 AM
lol ignore my messy font *was trying to keep up with the speaker* :-[ i'm gona have to type it anyway so when i finish i'll post bi-idhnillah

the scanners acting weird :mmokay:

Ummu Sufyaan
12-18-2008, 08:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

ive began to take notes on realy good lectures.i just started th Seerra of Prophet Muhammed (SWA) Mekka serious by Anwar AL-Awlaki

i was thinking early, n thought to myself how do i expect myself to become a scholar if i dnt even take notes when i hear lectures or information that is new to me

JazakALLAH khair

may allah reward you for your efforts and intentions :) but sis, just a small naseeha, dont just take notes, revise them too :p :D

YusufNoor
12-18-2008, 12:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

so im making this thread to help myself and one else intrested

if you all could please share any lectures that you belive is well gathered and good to take notes on please please post them

it doesnt matter if you think its not up to par,just give us a link please,also please add a itle background info on it.

JazakALLAH khair

Brother Qatada posted this link ages ago:

starts here:
http://www.pleasantviewschool.com/me..._Nabawi%20(saw)

then goes here:
http://www.pleasantviewschool.com/me...rophet%20(pbuh)

and has other great lectures on Islamic History and Law as well!

this Brother, Basha Shala is AMAZINGLY well prepared for his lectures, which are given after Maghrib on Sundays at his local Masjid, Masjid As-Salam, Memphis, TN.
the Brother claims NOT to be a scholar, but iv'e found his word to be top notch and he even posts his power points slides! what i enjoy also is the fact that he either Salaams or returns the Salaams of EVERYONE that walks into the room! AND he responds to questions, sometimes while giving the lecture as well as after. AMAZINGLY, he answers from Hadeeths that sometimes weren't even included in the lecture! which indicates a level of preparedness, or knowledge that is truly outstanding!
i recommend his lectures VERY HIGHLY!

on another front, Mufti Ismail Menk is a scholar of Islam who does incredible lectures, perhaps the most moving i've heard. one set of Tafseer lectures "Reasons of Revelations" is a set of lectures given after Taraweeh in 2005. they are based upon the book Asbab un Nazool by Allamah Waahidi. thisset is a trip down memory lane of WHY certain verses of the Qur'an were revealed! THUS it is ALL HISTORY of revelation [though NOT ALL OF IT], it is something i feel should be in EVERY MUSLIM HOUSEHOLD! you can dwonload it free here:
http://www.nazirakoob.com/menk/Tafseer2005.html

or buy his stuff [pretty cheaply] here:
http://www.soukislam.com/shopdisplay...ch=Yes&sppp=15

by the way, i received notification from Al Basheer that Madinah Period Part 2 of 2 by Anwar Al-Awlaki‏ is coming soon!

NOW, for a truly astounding lecture by Jamal Zarabozo, check here:
http://www.kalamullah.com/al-fatihah.html

it IS what it looks like, 27 hours of lectures on Al Fatiha! my wife, who NEVER finishes ANY huge set of lectures [she get close and then gets distracted] is finishing it for the THIRD TIME! and each time she listens to each part 3 or 4 times! i've made it through the 1st 10 and i'm going to buy it, In Sha'a Allah, so i can copy the discs and listen to it in my car.

another set of inspiring lectures in Dr Bilal Philips' Foundations of Islamic Studies, you can watch them here[waaay down at the bottom of the page!]:
http://www.bilalphilips.com/bilal_pa...sk=view&id=288

i hope that you give these a try as i think that everyone should have them in their library!

ayan333
12-18-2008, 05:48 PM

^ wow bro..ill defently look into those InshALLAH!

JazakALLAH Khair

sister Ramlah..is that u..sorry i ask everytime i talk to you,i just havnt seen your post since....well ever

o i will defenilty revise everything untill i know every detail by heart.practice makes perfect.i was telling my Brother the story/linage of Prophet Mohamed (s.a.w) while i was driving to school.i forgot a couple details so i no where to go back n look oer

everything Khair Alhamdulilah

Faseeha
12-24-2008, 07:51 AM

I love listening to lectures by Sheik Sulaiman Moola, heres a link to his site:

http://www.sulaimanmoola.com/Home.html

I find his lectures very beneficial

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.