/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Test of my Islamic beliefs

AnonymousPoster
12-18-2008, 01:11 AM
Assalam alaikum,

I will be going to a job interview in which it is required that I provide strands of my hair for a hair follicle drug test. I think that this is against my belief as a Muslim since I see my body as a very private area that is not to be invaded in such manner. I am willing to provide my urine for drug testing as I have nothing to hide. However, I have an issue with my hair being touched, cut or scrutinized with. Please, give me your opinion and guide me to where I can find information, writing (i.e. hadith, Quran, Shariah, etc.) to support my belief. I greatly appreciate your feedback and wish you a good day. May peace be upon you all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
12-18-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm not too sure why you think giving a few hairs for a test would be haram?...:?

IbnAbdulHakim
12-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

mashAllah your attitude is beyond amazing may Allah reward you but as long as you are well covered i see no reason you cant provide a bit of your hair. It will not cause any fitnah at all inshAllah

If in doubt you can always refer to a sheikh inshAllah

AnonymousPoster
12-18-2008, 01:06 PM
:sl:

http://islamtoday.com/show_quest_sec...sub_cat_id=172 ??

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.