/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Americans,please help about pork.

Someperson
12-18-2008, 02:52 AM
Salamunalaikum.

I am in USA for a temporary period.I am having really hard times about pork.There are some U and K markings on some supplies(that jewish people marked).But i don't know if the foods without U or K marking includes any matter with pork?

And it is very hard to eat something from any restaurant for me also.

Why?
Because
-I don't know which oil,fat they used to cook it(even if it is chicken or fish)?What do you advice to me about this?
-I don't know if the restaurant worker used same spoon or pan for both pork and beef(or chicken).What do you advice me about this?

I don't have chance to choose my food most of times.I am just a student to learn some English.And i have to eat what my host family buys to me.

Please help me.I don't want to eat any porkimsad.

What can i do?I will pray to Allah for people(who helped me) for 2 days after all salats.
Please help.

(I don't know what kind of phrase you use in English to thank someone in Islamic way but i try)

Allah bless,save,accept into paradise people who help me.Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
YusufNoor
12-18-2008, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Someperson
Salamunalaikum.

I am in USA for a temporary period.I am having really hard times about pork.There are some U and K markings on some supplies(that jewish people marked).But i don't know if the foods without U or K marking includes any matter with pork?

And it is very hard to eat something from any restaurant for me also.

Why?
Because
-I don't know which oil,fat they used to cook it(even if it is chicken or fish)?What do you advice to me about this?
-I don't know if the restaurant worker used same spoon or pan for both pork and beef(or chicken).What do you advice me about this?

I don't have chance to choose my food most of times.I am just a student to learn some English.And i have to eat what my host family buys to me.

Please help me.I don't want to eat any porkimsad.

What can i do?I will pray to Allah for people(who helped me) for 2 days after all salats.
Please help.

(I don't know what kind of phrase you use in English to thank someone in Islamic way but i try)

Allah bless,save,accept into paradise people who help me.Thank you.
:sl:

:-[

the OBVIOUS response would be....

:D

find a Masjid and ask the Brothers where the Halal restaurants are!
:blind:

not EVERY kosher food is OK, as some can have alcohol.

what city are you in? go online and find the nearest Islamic Center, or go to the library.

you can be a vegetarian until you get some help!

[and MAYBE you shoulda thought about this before you crossed the pond!]
:)

if i can help you locate one, let me know!

:w:

Whatsthepoint
12-18-2008, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Someperson
If you're allowed to eat it in moments of depletion, I'm sure Allah won't mind you consuming a feather weight of it.

Follower
12-18-2008, 06:20 PM
I can't eat any meat that has antibiotics or hormones. I just ask the waiter, if they don't know - they usually sent out the manager. Then I can make my choices.

I have a friend that can't eat wheat - she has to ask about the utensils being used in wheat products and mixed with the non wheat because even a gram of wheat can send her into trouble.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.