/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice pls.

Tanya Khan
12-18-2008, 11:38 AM
:sl:

Will Istikhara work for me if I pray my nafal as usual, but then read the istikhara dua from paper as I don't know it off by heart? :-[

I can't even try to learn it right now because I am really down and it's effecting my memory big time. imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tony
12-18-2008, 12:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tanya Khan

Will Istikhara work for me if I pray my nafal as usual, but then read the istikhara dua from paper as I don't know it off by heart? :-[

I can't even try to learn it right now because I am really down and it's effecting my memory big time. imsad
Intention is everything, I think that it was founder of thai chi who said, " do not be afraid of slow progress, only be afraid to stay still". If your intention is correct and you are trying then Allah knows. peace

AnonymousPoster
12-18-2008, 12:40 PM

:w:

yeh it will

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/search/is...AllWords/t,q,a

Zahida
12-18-2008, 09:53 PM
:sl: Yes sis it will still count. I do not know the Istikhaara dua and read it from my book also..................... May Allah ease your difficulties and replace them with happiness Ameen.:w::)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tanya Khan
12-19-2008, 08:52 AM
Thank you for replying and thank you for your dua sister zahida. :)

What kind of things can Istikhara be prayed for other than decision making? Can someone pray Istikhara to find out what's wrong with them if they feel they are always depressed, always in a state of grief and anxiety, and has been like that for years?

Zahida
12-21-2008, 09:37 AM
:sl: Nosister i don'tthink that you can do thatbut if you ask Allah for his guidance and ask Allah about your illness you may recieve a sign. You are most welcome sis for my duas. It is my duty as a Muslim to be good, kind and think the best for you.

Take care.:):w:
Thank you for replying and thank you for your dua sister zahida. :)

What kind of things can Istikhara be prayed for other than decision making? Can someone pray Istikhara to find out what's wrong with them if they feel they are always depressed, always in a state of grief and anxiety, and has been like that for years?

Snowflake
12-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Can someone pray Istikhara to find out what's wrong with them if they feel they are always depressed, always in a state of grief and anxiety, and has been like that for years?
assalamu alaykum

Years ago, when I thought that Istikhara could be prayed for anything, I prayed it to ask Allah to give me a sign as to who was behind my sister's murder. SubhanAllah, He gave me a clear sign. It might have been my faith that Allah will help me as I sought help from him whichever way I knew best, or it might've been that Allah had mercy on me as I was ignorant.

Allahu alim sis. All I know is that my Rabb is All-encompassing and I'm sure He cuts us slack even if don't do things a hundred percent perfect.

Allah subhana wa ta a'ala says He is as His slave thinks Him to be.

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Allah says: `I am just as My slave thinks of Me when he remembers Me.' By Allah! Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His slave than one of you who unexpectedly finds in the desert his lost camel. `He who comes closer to Me one span, I come closer to him a cubit; and he who comes closer to Me a cubit, I come closer to him a fathom; and if he comes to Me walking, I come to him running".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

While istikhara is for guidence from Allah swt, when confused between two paths, as far as I know it doesn't say anywhere that it's sinful to pray it just for consulting Allah in all matters. I don't like to think my Allah's mercy is restricted, because it isn't. I'd say there is nothing wrong praying it for what you asked about.

Ar-Ra'uf
The Compassionate, The One with extreme Mercy. The Mercy of Allah is His will to endow upon whoever He willed among His creatures.
SubhanAllah!

Al-Mujeeb
The Responsive, The Hearkener, The One who answers the one in need if he asks Him and rescues the yearner if he calls upon Him.
SubhanAllah!

Al-Haseeb
The Reckoner, The One who gives the satisfaction.
SubhanAllah!

Al-Khabeer
The Aware, The One who knows the truth of things.
SubhanAllah!

Tanya Khan
12-22-2008, 09:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
assalamu alaykum

Years ago, when I thought that Istikhara could be prayed for anything, I prayed it to ask Allah to give me a sign as to who was behind my sister's murder. SubhanAllah, He gave me a clear sign. It might have been my faith that Allah will help me as I sought help from him whichever way I knew best, or it might've been that Allah had mercy on me as I was ignorant.

Allahu alim sis. All I know is that my Rabb is All-encompassing and I'm sure He cuts us slack even if don't do things a hundred percent perfect.

Allah subhana wa ta a'ala says He is as His slave thinks Him to be.

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Allah says: `I am just as My slave thinks of Me when he remembers Me.' By Allah! Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His slave than one of you who unexpectedly finds in the desert his lost camel. `He who comes closer to Me one span, I come closer to him a cubit; and he who comes closer to Me a cubit, I come closer to him a fathom; and if he comes to Me walking, I come to him running".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

While istikhara is for guidence from Allah swt, when confused between two paths, as far as I know it doesn't say anywhere that it's sinful to pray it just for consulting Allah in all matters. I don't like to think my Allah's mercy is restricted, because it isn't. I'd say there is nothing wrong praying it for what you asked about.

SubhanAllah!

SubhanAllah!

SubhanAllah!

SubhanAllah!

Inna lilaahi wa inna ilaihi ra' jun. Sorry to hear that sister, I had no idea your sister got murdered. imsad (may Allah SWT forgive all her sins and grant her Jannat. Ameen)

Thank you for all your advice. I will pray to find out why my life is going round in circles, I might get a sign, I might not, it's worth a try? Right :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.