12-20-2008, 02:24 AM
AFAIK nothing, why do you ask btw?
here's what medicine says http://www.medicinenet.com/headache/article.htm

TrueStranger
12-20-2008, 02:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
AFAIK nothing, why do you ask btw?
here's what medicine says http://www.medicinenet.com/headache/article.htm
I think I am getting cluster headaches everyday for a week now. I can't sleep it out and tylenol doesn't work.

alcurad
12-20-2008, 03:16 AM
hmm, I'd advice seeing a doctor if it's been ongoing like this.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
TrueStranger
12-20-2008, 03:57 AM
Thanks bro, but I will probably go to the ER, sit there for at least two hours; by the time I see the doctor the excruciating headache is gone and then will give me some medication, call it a stress or something minor, send me home and within a week send me a bill that is at least $1,000 and that will give me a heart-attack.

Sad part is I know exactly when it is going to strike. It will probably wake me up tonight or right after Fajr. A headache that has a time schedule.

Not having health care is ……suicidal :enough!:

I remember reading a hadith were the Prophet (PBUH) tells Aisha (RA) that his head hurts. That is why I kind asked what Islam says about headaches.

‘Aisha (radiallahu 'anhaa) relates that when the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) returned from the Jannatul Baqi he was suffering from a headache and was muttering, “O my head.” The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, “Nay, O my head! ‘Aisha, O my head!” (86) His pain increased. Then, in the house of Maymuna the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) called his wives (radiallahu 'anhun) and asked their permission to be nursed in the house of ‘Aisha (radiallahu 'anhaa). All of them agreed and the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) came out walking supported by Fad b. ‘Abbas and ‘Ali (radiallahu 'anhumaa). He had a cloth bound on his head and his feet were dragging as he came to the house of ‘Aisha (radiallahu 'anhaa). (Bukhari, Chap. Mard-un-Nabi)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.