/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I never learn from my mistakes.

anonymous
12-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Hey, everyone I hope your all well insh Allah....

I was hoping you could all make dua for me...I have exams coming up which are mainly resits...I failed last year because I was too lazy too revise and left it till the day before exams. The blame of failing only lies with myself but when I got my results back I was devasted and thought I would never do this again. Now I have 17 days till my first exam and I feel like I left it too late too revise I started yesterday but nothing was going in my head I feel like im going to fail all my exams again. I made dua for Allah to help me but I know I need to help myself aswell. I feel like I'm just cramming all this info into my head and I can't take it...I haven't done any revision yet today and it's already like 14.00pm. I really want to get all A's for my A Level's and get into a good Uni. I feel like it's too late now and I'm just going to fail.

Please give me revison tips and make dua for me brother and sisters.

Your sister in Islam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamayun
12-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Bro Allah does not directly do things for us; we have to do ourselves and follow his laws. Allah does not change our condition until we change our selves (i.e., change our psychology, mental attitudes and behavior) (13:11).

To pass the exam is up to you. Allah has given you a healthy mind to learn and work hard. There are no shortcuts.

Just put your head down and give it everything for the next 17 days :)

AnonymousPoster
12-21-2008, 02:07 PM
:salamext:

http://www.islamicboard.com/educatio...te-levels.html

anonymous
12-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Bro I'm a sis lol...Yeah I kno that thanks for your advice ... and the link doesn't work for me??

Does anyone have any uplifting Ayah from the quan or any hadith or even quotes it's getting me quite down I suppose I should be working now not on here!

And Hamayun I dunno why but I can't seem to change my mental atitude from Im doomed Im going to fail.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
12-21-2008, 02:29 PM
Oh the link works now thanks

highway_trekker
12-21-2008, 02:35 PM
you've recognised the mistake behind your mistake of leaving things too late... that's the first step towards learning :)

Now all you've got to do is use these 17 days to catch up and it can be done Inshaa'Allaah.

1. Print a calendar (http://www.calendarsthatwork.com/cat...e&sid=G2FnbcjD)

2. Put in your exams

3. Then on a separate sheet, make a plan in a table format. IN your first column have Subjects to revise, in the second, sub-topics (Put the subjects you have first as priority so you revise them first).

4. In the third column, put in a time you will dedicate for revising that sub-topic e.g.

Biology-Respiration-2 days

5. Have a final column for a tick/check list e.g.

Biology-Respiration-2 days-COMPLETED

Now find the ways that work the best for you and follow the plan diligently.

Some good ways to revise are:

1. Mind Maps
2. On coloured paper
3. Using flash cards
4. Writing things in boxes etc
5. Using past papers
6. Getting someone to test you

You could also stick all your posters on your wall not only to help you go over it but also to give you a sense of achievement.

Above all.. have faith...be proactive and succeed!! I wish you all the best. May Allaah make easy your affairs-aameen :)

Hamayun
12-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Be a fighter sis. Men are physically strong but Allah (SWT) has blessed women with much more will power and patience.

You are much stronger than you think sis. I think its time you tested your strength. Nothing is impossible if you really commit yourself to it.

Fight sis fight!!! Don't be a loser. Shaytan makes you lazy. Fight him!!! :raging:

anonymous
12-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Ameen sis thanks so much I will do that inshallah

anonymous
12-21-2008, 02:39 PM
hahahaha lol thank you.

highway_trekker
12-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.

Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.

Never, never, never, never give up.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.