/* */

PDA

View Full Version : which pharo does the quran refer to?

themuffinman
12-21-2008, 09:09 PM
hey guys quick question. you know when the pharo is mentioned in the quran which pharo does the quran mean?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
themuffinman
12-21-2008, 09:18 PM
i thought pharo was a ruler, and there was only one pharo at one given time and his heir would become the next pharo. thats why i asked which pharo does the quran refer to?

Ali.
12-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Hmm.. Tut. according to this thread.

Fishman
12-21-2008, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
I'm pretty sure it's King Pharaoh, i.e. the King of the pharaohs, as there were lots of pharaohs.
:sl:
'Pharaoh' was the name of the king of Egypt. No one Pharaoh was above them all, other than the very first.
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
12-21-2008, 09:24 PM
No.

In the context of that particular thread, it was probably Ramesses.

Fishman
12-21-2008, 09:24 PM
It's not Tut. Tut died violently when he was young, not by drowning.

Muezzin
12-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Just for clarification - it wasn't Ramesses either? It was the first Pharaoh, whose name was actually Pharaoh?

Ali.
12-21-2008, 09:28 PM
I apologise for the false information given on this thread by me - I need to do some more research on Egyptian history.

Ali.
12-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Well, it seems no one knows for sure.

format_quote Originally Posted by http://www.quranmiracles.com/articles.asp?id=64
At the time of the revelation of the Quran, mummified bodies of all the Pharaohs lay concealed in the Valley of Kings along the banks of the Nile. Their discovery took place in the 19th century. The Pharaoh mentioned in the Quran may have been any of them, it happens to be among those preserved in the Cairo Museum, open to public visitation. To the period in which Moses is believed to belong,
Rameses II and his son Merneptah correspond. Merneptah’s body bears the traces of fatal blows. It is reported that these marks may have been caused during his drowning or after the recovery of his body, that had washed ashore; the Egyptians mummified him like all the other Pharaohs. The evidence available does not permit us to derive a convincing conclusion about the details of his death.

al Amaanah
12-21-2008, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
No.

In the context of that particular thread, it was probably Ramesses.
i thought tutankhamun? Allaho a3lam though

Fishman
12-21-2008, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Just for clarification - it wasn't Ramesses either? It was the first Pharaoh, whose name was actually Pharaoh?
The name of the first Pharaoh was not Pharaoh, I don't think. And I don't know whether Ramasses was the Pharaoh from the Quran either, as he died of old age.

Muezzin
12-22-2008, 11:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
The name of the first Pharaoh was not Pharaoh, I don't think. And I don't know whether Ramasses was the Pharaoh from the Quran either, as he died of old age.
Ah.

I wonder which Pharaoh it was then...

Is it just me or is 'Pharaoh' really tricky to spell?

format_quote Originally Posted by al Amaanah
i thought tutankhamun? Allaho a3lam though
Well, that thread was about Tutenkamun's mummified body being put on display.

In the thread, someone thought that Tut was the Pharaoah of the Quran (with Prophet Musa AS).

I said the Pharaoah of the Quran was probably Ramesses.

However, Fishman has brought to light that Ramesses died of old age, so it wasn't him, either.

Whatsthepoint
12-22-2008, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
What was the name of the first ruler to hold the title pharaoh?

Güven
12-22-2008, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
What was the name of the first ruler to hold the title pharaoh?
menes ?

Civilsed
12-22-2008, 04:50 PM
I believe its Remessess (however you spell it) the 2nd

themuffinman
12-23-2008, 03:21 PM
hmmm according to wiki ramsess II died of old age. so idk if it was him. of course they could be wrong he could have died drowning and the egyptians might have mumified him after his body washed up on shore. allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.