PDA

View Full Version : Amsterdan's Gay Christmass



wth1257
12-22-2008, 03:56 AM
I just found this really odd. I know Christians find this offensive but what about Muslims? Like would Muslims take this as a mockery of Jesus as well?

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/12/...etherlands.php
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
12-22-2008, 04:03 AM
I find it offensive and a mockery of one of our most loved Prophets(PBUH) and a dishonor to one of the most highly respected women in the Qur'an.
Reply

wth1257
12-22-2008, 04:09 AM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
I find it offensive and a mockery of one of our most loved Prophets(PBUH) and a dishonor to one of the most highly respected women in the Qur'an.
That's what I thought. Everytime something like this happens I hear some Christians say, "well, they wouldn't offend Muslims like this!"

Which I always found odd as I assumed Muslims would find it offensive as well
Reply

AntiKarateKid
12-22-2008, 04:19 AM
I wonder if bringing up Sodom and Gomorrah would be a good idea there. LOL.:rollseyes:X

(hymns)

And Sodom
God got em'
And Gomorrah
Was no-more-ah
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
AntiKarateKid
12-22-2008, 04:26 AM
Originally Posted by wth1257
That's what I thought. Everytime something like this happens I hear some Christians say, "well, they wouldn't offend Muslims like this!"

Which I always found odd as I assumed Muslims would find it offensive as well
Muslims tend to be more respectful. No images of Prophets or Allah, always saying Peace be upon them, etc.

It is simply hard to do this because it is so clearly forbidden in every way. You just cant realistically differ.
Reply

Muezzin
12-22-2008, 12:47 PM
As disrespectful, dishonourable, offensive and just plain weird as this is...

It is Amsterdam, Hedonist Capital of the World.
Reply

Whatsthepoint
12-22-2008, 01:59 PM
It's good the city council supported it.
Reply

S_87
12-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by wth1257
That's what I thought. Everytime something like this happens I hear some Christians say, "well, they wouldn't offend Muslims like this!"

Which I always found odd as I assumed Muslims would find it offensive as well
well the thing is who is 'they'? these people i assume are 'christians', not practising but the type that celebrate christmas. They are disrespecting themselves, the whole situation is saddening. If these people cannot respect what they 'believe' in then no one will.
may Allah protect the muslims from ever disrespecting any of His Beloved Prophets.
Reply

wth1257
12-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by amani
well the thing is who is 'they'? these people i assume are 'christians', not practising but the type that celebrate christmas. They are disrespecting themselves, the whole situation is saddening. If these people cannot respect what they 'believe' in then no one will.
may Allah protect the muslims from ever disrespecting any of His Beloved Prophets.
lol

the "they" is never explicitly stated:X
Reply

wth1257
12-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
It's good the city council supported it.
Why? What is beneficial about the gratuitous mockery of the religious faith of millions of individuals?
Reply

Tornado
12-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by wth1257
Why? What is beneficial about the gratuitous mockery of the religious faith of millions of individuals?
Who's getting hurt? If people don't like it, they can simply ignore it.
Reply

Tony
12-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Tornado
Who's getting hurt? If people don't like it, they can simply ignore it.
whatever:raging:
Reply

wth1257
12-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Tornado
Who's getting hurt? If people don't like it, they can simply ignore it.

It's a parade. It's not like this was something they did in private just for kicks.

One cannot ignore it when they publish the event and draw attention to themselves. I do not contest their rights to be sophomoric imbeciles or engadge in crude behavior unbecoming mature individuals.
Reply

DAWUD_adnan
12-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Now that's just messed up.

Can't they dress up like something else.
Reply

Tornado
12-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Alpha Dude™
I really hate this kind of attitude.

Can you honestly tell me that you would not be in the slightest bit annoyed if say your mother or your wife or anyone dear to you was mocked in public in a similar kind of event? Sure, you could ignore it, but can you honestly say that it wouldn't annoy you that such a show would still even be in existence?

Followers of the major religions often love their religious figures more than they love their own family and friends, so seeing such a spectacle would be more insulting than the insult you would feel for your loved one.
Actually, I wouldn't be annoyed and I really would ignore it. Furthermore, they can make a mockery out of me as well, so long as no one is getting hurt.
There are more important issues than this.
If I say it's o.k. for someone to make a mockery of me, then anyone else good as well imho. I personally wouldn't offend but I rather not take someone's ability to do that.
Reply

Amadeus85
12-22-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
As disrespectful, dishonourable, offensive and just plain weird as this is...

It is Amsterdam, Hedonist Capital of the World.
Modern Sodoma and Gomora. But I dont want to point fingers, as you can find immorality in cities in my country too. Its just that in Holland they made all this legal. imsad
Reply

AntiKarateKid
12-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Tornado
Who's getting hurt? If people don't like it, they can simply ignore it.
How about I walk up to you and make fun of your mother, sister, old grandpa, deceased ones?

YOU arent getting hurt are you?

So you think mocking figures whom billions revere and millions have died for and devoted their lives to is right?

Get real you fool. As an atheist you may think religion is just another idea but is it much more than that. It is everything to many, including myself.

If you would like to punch me for making fun of your closest loved ones, you better be ****ed sure I would do the same to you if you insult my religion. Only the Prophet's example and my love and fear of Allah keeps me from striking you.
:enough!:
Reply

Tony
12-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
How about I walk up to you and make fun of your mother, sister, old grandpa, deceased ones?

YOU arent getting hurt are you?

So you think mocking figures whom billions revere and millions have died for and devoted their lives to is right?

Get real you fool. As an atheist you may think religion is just another idea but is it much more than that. It is everything to many, including myself.

If you would like to punch me for making fun of your closest loved ones, you better be ****ed sure I would do the same to you if you insult my religion. Only the Prophet's example and my love and fear of Allah keeps me from striking you.
:enough!:
exactly :raging:
Reply

Tornado
12-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
How about I walk up to you and make fun of your mother, sister, old grandpa, deceased ones?

YOU arent getting hurt are you?

So you think mocking figures whom billions revere and millions have died for and devoted their lives to is right?

Get real you fool. As an atheist you may think religion is just another idea but is it much more than that. It is everything to many, including myself.

If you would like to punch me for making fun of your closest loved ones, you better be ****ed sure I would do the same to you if you insult my religion. Only the Prophet's example and my love and fear of Allah keeps me from striking you.
:enough!:
Originally Posted by TKTony
exactly :raging:
Post # 16
Reply

AntiKarateKid
12-22-2008, 10:32 PM
[
Originally Posted by Tornado
Actually, I wouldn't be annoyed and I really would ignore it. Furthermore, they can make a mockery out of me as well, so long as no one is getting hurt.
There are more important issues than this.
If I say it's o.k. for someone to make a mockery of me, then anyone else good as well imho. I personally wouldn't offend but I rather not take someone's ability to do that.
Religion is more than just YOU. You dont seem to get that. They have a right to doom themselves, it is decreed by God. Religion is more than just your personal issues.

I will mind if I see bullies verbally abusing a child. I will mind if I see a man who decides to portray the very reason why some people live, as a transexual or gay.

And they call us HATE filled? Intolerant? For criticizing homosexuality I am a bigot?? But them mocking our religion, Jesus, they are exercising their "rights"???
Reply

Tony
12-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Tornado
Post # 16
Shame, you let someone make a mockery of you thats shamefull, when it is Allahs messengers then it is severely punishable, I hope they burn
Reply

Tornado
12-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by TKTony
Shame, you let someone make a mockery of you thats shamefull, when it is Allahs messengers then it is severely punishable, I hope they burn
It's just such a non-issue. It's SO easy to just ignore and move on.

Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
[

Religion is more than just YOU. You dont seem to get that. They have a right to doom themselves, it is decreed by God. Religion is more than just your personal issues.
What does this even mean?

I will mind if I see bullies verbally abusing a child. I will mind if I see a man who decides to portray the very reason why some people live, as a transexual or gay.
I've assumed this convo involved adults and not children.

And they call us HATE filled? Intolerant? For criticizing homosexuality I am a bigot?? But them mocking our religion, Jesus, they are exercising their "rights"???
If no one is being harmed, why is there even a problem? I didn't know you weren't allowed to criticize homosexuality. If you are talking away some right, then I have a problem.
Reply

AntiKarateKid
12-22-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by TKTony
Shame, you let someone make a mockery of you thats shamefull, when it is Allahs messengers then it is severely punishable, I hope they burn
Hes a fool. They dont even understand religion, how can we expect them to respect it?

He doesnt respect himself enough to correct the wrongs done to him or his loved ones, what makes you think we will protect the feelings of others?

People are getting hurt but all he does is shrugs.
Reply

Tony
12-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by Tornado
It's just such a non-issue. It's SO easy to just ignore and move on.
yes, then I would be no different to you, God forbid
Reply

AntiKarateKid
12-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by Tornado
It's just such a non-issue. It's SO easy to just ignore and move on.
^^^^ Subjectivity being passed off as truth.
Reply

AntiKarateKid
12-22-2008, 10:40 PM
You every thought that this type of stuff actually HURTS feelings, or are you so insensitive? You know, FEELINGS, one of the things that distinguishes us from robots.
Reply

wth1257
12-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Tornado
It's just such a non-issue. It's SO easy to just ignore and move on.
Sure, I'm sure millions of individuals are happy to capitulate their faith to utter nihilism. Simply because you hold nothing sacred, or hold an individuals ability to express whatever idiocy pops into their head as sacrosanct does not mean that others must assimilate themselves to similar dispositions. These individuals showed a flagrant disregard for the holy beliefs of others.

When hard won free speech rights are reduced to petty, infantile displays of vulgarity it becomes difficult to retain them and see them as important rights worth maintaining. These individuals are actively undermining the very rights they are exercising.
Reply

Tornado
12-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
You every thought that this type of stuff actually HURTS feelings, or are you so insensitive? You know, FEELINGS, one of the things that distinguishes us from robots.
Of course feelings are hurt when those who you revere dearly are brought in a bad light. However, it's so easy to ignore by just moving to the next page. Al though a parade is a little harder to ignore :D.
Reply

Woodrow
12-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Tornado
Who's getting hurt? If people don't like it, they can simply ignore it.
But people do not ignore things. There is a name for becoming oblivious to the events around you, it is called apathy.

We do need to be verbal about things that pain or anger us. But, we must have the restraint to to it in an honorable fashion and by peaceful means
Reply

Tony
12-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by wth1257
Sure, I'm sure millions of individuals are happy to capitulate their faith to utter nihilism. Simply because you hold nothing sacred, or hold an individuals ability to express whatever idiocy pops into their head as sacrosanct does not mean that others must assimilate themselves to similar dispositions. These individuals showed a flagrant disregard for the holies beliefs of others.

When hard won free speech rights are reduced to petty, infantile displays of vulgarity it becomes difficult to retain them and see them as important rights worth maintaining.

Thankyou and respect, the individuals are obviously trying to provoke, there has to be a reaction, even if it is only to oppose them in a forum with words. I am so glad to see a non Muslim or Christian actually seeing past the urge to post glib comments in order to further fuel an already raging fire in the hearts of beleivers. Much peace and happines to you
Reply

Tornado
12-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by wth1257
Sure, I'm sure millions of individuals are happy to capitulate their faith to utter nihilism. Simply because you hold nothing sacred, or hold an individuals ability to express whatever idiocy pops into their head as sacrosanct does not mean that others must assimilate themselves to similar dispositions. These individuals showed a flagrant disregard for the holy beliefs of others.

When hard won free speech rights are reduced to petty, infantile displays of vulgarity it becomes difficult to retain them and see them as important rights worth maintaining. These individuals are actively undermining the very rights they are exercising.
Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't like if someone said bad things about me, but I rather let them have the ability to.

There's a reason why I hold my belief.
Take Scientology as an example: This religion is obviously false (hope I'm not offending anybody). If we give religion a right to not be offended, what's to stop Scientology from being offended or any other cult for that matter. I rather people have the ability to speak up and criticize so that we can speak up against dangerous cults ( say one that hated and asked for the removal of a certain group). It just doesn't seem right to give major religions a free ride if we don't give cults one.
Reply

Tornado
12-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Anyways, just as a curiosity, I always wondered why the response (by muslims) to Jesus is significantly less than it would be for say Muhammad. Is it because Jesus was alive (if) so long ago? Or is it because making fun of Jesus is so normal these days?

(BTW: If Jesus really lived, I'd have a lot of respect for him)
Reply

Tony
12-22-2008, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by Tornado
There's a reason why I hold my belief.
Take Scientology as an example: This religion is obviously false (hope I'm not offending anybody). If we give religion a right to not be offended, what's to stop Scientology from being offended or any other cult for that matter. I rather people have the ability to speak up and criticize so that we can speak up against dangerous cults. It just doesn't seem right to give major religions a free ride if we don't give cults one.
Haha A free ride, people give up fornication, music, drugs, alcohol, relationships, jobs, environments, loved and cherished posessions etc etc. there is no free ride for a beleiver of major religion. Whatever the faith there is sacrifice. There is self imposed restriction that ultimatley disallows a free ride, as a Muslim it is far from a free ride when attempting to fulfill our covenant with Allah. Who cares about you not allowing us a free ride. We are hugely entitled to be outraged at offensive imagary. Scientologists may well be open to feelins of offensive outrage also. you carry on "speaking up" we encourage you, you so busy speaking up that you not really listening. May Allah show you mercy and open your ears
Reply

Woodrow
12-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by Tornado
There's a reason why I hold my belief.
Take Scientology as an example: This religion is obviously false (hope I'm not offending anybody). If we give religion a right to not be offended, what's to stop Scientology from being offended or any other cult for that matter. I rather people have the ability to speak up and criticize so that we can speak up against dangerous cults. It just doesn't seem right to give major religions a free ride if we don't give cults one.

Critique and criticism are not mockery. I personally welcome legitimate criticism of Islam as that opens the path to honest discussion. People will not always agree, but we all have the ability to disagree with respect and peace.

Mockery and insults are not criticism, they are blatant hostility and hate disguised as humor.

Stop and think the promoters of the event would not even have it if they thought it would not cause a reaction. They are trying to push us far enough so some emotionally immature individuals will react out of emotionalism and do something equally wrong.
Reply

Tornado
12-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
Critique and criticism are not mockery. I personally welcome legitimate criticism of Islam as that opens the path to honest discussion. People will not always agree, but we all have the ability to disagree with respect and peace.

Mockery and insults are not criticism, they are blatant hostility and hate disguised as humor.

Stop and think the promoters of the event would not even have it if they thought it would not cause a reaction. They are trying to push us far enough so some emotionally immature individuals will react out of emotionalism and do something equally wrong.
I understand that. Tackle critism but what's so hard about ignoring mockery? Mockery (is btw stupid) is just a bad side-affect of free speech but it can be ignored, (maybe not the parade).


(Btw, these are my views, not necessarily another atheist's)
Reply

Woodrow
12-22-2008, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by Tornado
I understand that. Tackle critism but what's so hard about ignoring mockery? Mockery (is btw stupid) is just a bad side-affect of free speech but it can be ignored, (maybe not the parade).
Mockery is virtually impossable to ignore. By it's very nature mockery is invasive. If it were not so invasive and did not cause so much pain, it would simply be a dumb statement.


People that use mockery as an insults do so with the intent of causing pain and humiliation. It may be legal, but it is mental assault and no less of a danger than verbal abuse. Verbal abuse is recognised as a crime and as a basis for divorce in many countries. Mockery, carries with it the same type of desire to inflict pain. The worse pain leaves no visible scars.

On a personal basis I would prefer shattered bones over mockery.

Yes, I have experienced shattered bones, many times and I still feel that the emotional pain of mockery is a much more difficult pain to endure.
Reply

Tornado
12-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
Mockery is virtually impossable to ignore. By it's very nature mockery is invasive. If it were not so invasive and did not cause so much pain, it would simply be a dumb statement.


People that use mockery as an insults do so with the intent of causing pain and humiliation. It may be legal, but it is mental assault and no less of a danger than verbal abuse. Verbal abuse is recognised as a crime and as a basis for divorce in many countries. Mockery, carries with it the same type of desire to inflict pain. The worse pain leaves no visible scars.

On a personal basis I would prefer shattered bones over mockery.

Yes, I have experienced shattered bones, many times and I still feel that the emotional pain of mockery is a much more difficult pain to endure.
You don't have to listen to mockery. You can't escape a physical assault. It's not that hard to say "They are ignorant and mean-spirited but whatever", and simply move on. If you pay attention to them, they've won and they'll do it again. I guess I rather have freedom of speech even if there are some side-effects.
Reply

Ansariyah
12-22-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
Hes a fool. They dont even understand religion, how can we expect them to respect it?

He doesnt respect himself enough to correct the wrongs done to him or his loved ones, what makes you think we will protect the feelings of others?

People are getting hurt but all he does is shrugs.
No need for personal insults..pls.
Reply

Woodrow
12-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by Tornado
You don't have to listen to mockery. You can't escape a physical assault. It's not that hard to say "They are ignorant and mean-spirited but whatever", and simply move on. If you pay attention to them, they've won and they'll do it again. I guess I rather have freedom of speech even if there are some side-effects.
On the surface that is correct. However, in my years as a psychologist I had to work quite often with people recovering from the trauma of emotional abuse. the pain of mockery is something the average person is not capable of ignoring.

I did very little counseling work as my forte was in physiological psychology, however there were times I got called in as a consultant in cases of severe emotional trauma. Usually children and the culprit was mockery or verbal abuse. I also did a little work in the research of multiple personality disorder, looking for a physical causation, but my findings were that verbal abuse was the most common cause.

Mockery is a weapon and is used with hate for the purpose of causing pain.

It is true that "Mockery" can be used accidentally as misguided humor. But in that event the doers of it will most often cease if shown they are causing pain. Those who persist in mockery are aware of the pain they cause and that is impossible to be ignored by many people.
Reply

AntiKarateKid
12-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by Tornado
Anyways, just as a curiosity, I always wondered why the response (by muslims) to Jesus is significantly less than it would be for say Muhammad. Is it because Jesus was alive (if) so long ago? Or is it because making fun of Jesus is so normal these days?

(BTW: If Jesus really lived, I'd have a lot of respect for him)
Eh? People are naturally more protective about the Prophet closer in revelation to them.

Should it be that way? No. Is it that way? Not so much. I would gladly protest just as loudly against insults about Jesus pbuh.

It is jsut that insults toward him, like Jesus pbuh, dolls, cartoons, statues, jokes are so freaking ingrained into Western culture that we would basically be fighting the West's whole ideology.
Reply

Hamayun
12-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by Yanoorah
No need for personal insults..pls.
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said: “It is not worthy of a speaker of truth to curse people.”
Reply

Woodrow
12-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by Tornado
Anyways, just as a curiosity, I always wondered why the response (by muslims) to Jesus is significantly less than it would be for say Muhammad. Is it because Jesus was alive (if) so long ago? Or is it because making fun of Jesus is so normal these days?

(BTW: If Jesus really lived, I'd have a lot of respect for him)
It is not because we have less feeling about Jesus(as). It is more because Insults against Muhammad(PBUH) are more personalized and felt as an intentional insult against Muslims alone. When we see an insult against Jesus(as) we have a tendency to say they are insulting Christianity and not actually attacking us. It is true we should not feel that way and should be equally enraged over insults against Jesus(as). But, we are human and are subject to human emotions and thoughts.
Reply

Whatsthepoint
12-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Perhaps they're doing it out of protest. Christianity after all considers homosexuality a sin and prevents gays and lesbians from getting additional rights.
Just a few days ago the pope compared the threat homo-and-transsexuals to that of climate change, which too is highly insulting yet nobody is saying he should keep his mouth shut.
Reply

MO783
12-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
It's good the city council supported it.
:sl:

Its disgusting, I dont get it how can it be good
Reply

Whatsthepoint
12-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by MO783
:sl:

Its disgusting, I dont get it how can it be good
The city council supports diversity, freedom of expression etc.
Reply

Hamayun
12-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Perhaps they're doing it out of protest. Christianity after all considers homosexuality a sin and prevents gays and lesbians from getting additional rights.
Just a few days ago the pope compared the threat homo-and-transsexuals to that of climate change, which too is highly insulting yet nobody is saying he should keep his mouth shut.
Why describe yourself by a sexual act in the first place?

There is Male gender and there is Female gender. There is no such thing as Gay gender.

Gay is not a sex.... its a sexual urge. Just because you have certain sexual urges doesn't change the fact that you are a Male.

I do not care what you get upto in the privacy of your bedroom but when you describe yourself by a sexual act and bring it out on the streets then I have no respect for you whatsoever. I hope you see sense someday...
Reply

Whatsthepoint
12-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by Hamayun
Why describe yourself by a sexual act in the first place?

There is Male gender and there is Female gender. There is no such thing as Gay gender.

Gay is not a sex.... its a sexual urge. Just because you have certain sexual urges doesn't change the fact that you are a Male.

I do not care what you get upto in the privacy of your bedroom but when you describe yourself by a sexual act and bring it out on the streets then I have no respect for you whatsoever. I hope you see sense someday...
Why did blacks describe themselves as blacks during the civil rights movements? The surely had other more important qualities that made them who they are?
Yep, gay is not a gender and gays are males attracted to males. What's the problem here?
Transexuals could qualify as a gender of some sort, I don't know.
Reply

Hamayun
12-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Why did blacks describe themselves as blacks during the civil rights movements? The surely had other more important qualities that made them who they are?
Yep, gay is not a gender and gays are males attracted to males. What's the problem here?
Transexuals could qualify as a gender of some sort, I don't know.
The Blacks do not describe them by the sexual urges they have. That is a very poor comparison.

The point is why does it have to be everyobody's business to know what you are attracted to or what urges you have?

I don't need to know what you are attracted to... I don't go around telling people what I am attracted to and label myself with a sexual urge.

If you are attracted to men then that is your problem bro and I really don't need to know about it.
Reply

czgibson
12-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Greetings,
Originally Posted by Hamayun
The point is why does it have to be everyobody's business to know what you are attracted to or what urges you have?
It doesn't.

I don't need to know what you are attracted to... I don't go around telling people what I am attracted to and label myself with a sexual urge.
Does every gay person you know have a big sign on them or something?

Many people don't let others know they're gay for a long time, mainly because of the hatred that exists (and is frequently on display here whenever this topic comes up).

If you are attracted to men then that is your problem bro and I really don't need to know about it.
Are you calling someone here gay now? :?

Peace
Reply

Whatsthepoint
12-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Hamayun
The Blacks do not describe them by the sexual urges they have. That is a very poor comparison.

The point is why does it have to be everyobody's business to know what you are attracted to or what urges you have?

I don't need to know what you are attracted to... I don't go around telling people what I am attracted to and label myself with a sexual urge.

If you are attracted to men then that is your problem bro and I really don't need to know about it.
It's not a poor comparison, thank you. You did miss the point though. The point is, that during the civil rights movement, the skin color was the reason for oppression and lack of civil rights for the black people, so they identified themselves with their sin color. Today, when black have equal rights to whites, race holds much lesser significance. For the most part, t doesn0t matter whether you're black or white anymore.
The situation with gay people is very similar.
Reply

Hamayun
12-24-2008, 01:21 PM
I feel uncomfortable seeing two men being intimate. I find it disgusting. I am not saying that because I am a hateful person.... I am saying it because I am an honest person.

People will always find it disgusting regardless of how acceptable it becomes.
Reply

Wilma_Hum
12-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
It's not a poor comparison, thank you. You did miss the point though. The point is, that during the civil rights movement, the skin color was the reason for oppression and lack of civil rights for the black people, so they identified themselves with their sin color. Today, when black have equal rights to whites, race holds much lesser significance. For the most part, t doesn0t matter whether you're black or white anymore.
The situation with gay people is very similar.
This is the most desent thing I have heard said about gays on this forum.
Reply

Ansariyah
12-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
It's not a poor comparison, thank you. You did miss the point though. The point is, that during the civil rights movement, the skin color was the reason for oppression and lack of civil rights for the black people, so they identified themselves with their sin color. Today, when black have equal rights to whites, race holds much lesser significance. For the most part, t doesn0t matter whether you're black or white anymore.
The situation with gay people is very similar.
There we go, comparing Gay rights to the Civil rights, I think that's a bunch of loaded nonsense n really holds no facts to gain any sympathy.

u can't help it that your Black, you telling me you can't help it that ur gay? u can't avoid discrimination?

Are there public restrooms only for gays? Dogs set on them? Discriminated against publicly? Don't Gays get seats on Buses?

ru kidding, me look around u, it is freaking cool in the west to be gay...

Don't twist it...
Reply

Whatsthepoint
12-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Yanoorah
There we go, comparing Gay rights to the Civil rights, I think that's a bunch of loaded nonsense n really holds no facts to gain any sympathy. u can't help it that your Black, you telling me you can't help it that ur gay? u can't avoid discrimination?
Are there public restrooms only for gays? Dogs set on them? Discriminated against publicly? Don't Gays get seats on Buses?
ru kidding, me look around u, it is freaking cool in the west to be gay...
Don't twist it...
I'm not saying its the same, I'm saying there are similarities.
Discrimiantion is not only about public restrooms and bus seats.
Perhaps, but there are other places where I imagine it is very uncool to be gay.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!