/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Near death experiences

Tony
12-23-2008, 02:34 AM
What are peoples veiws on near death experiences ? As Muslims is there a generally accepted beleif on the matter. There is currently an experiment that entails a picture inches below the ceilling on a shelf in operating theatres, interesting to see what happens. Would like to get various opinions from different religions/beleifs. Subhan Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
12-23-2008, 04:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
What are peoples veiws on near death experiences ? As Muslims is there a generally accepted beleif on the matter. There is currently an experiment that entails a picture inches below the ceilling on a shelf in operating theatres, interesting to see what happens. Would like to get various opinions from different religions/beleifs. Subhan Allah
I have been near death several times and had to be resuscitated a few times. first time after a drowning experience as a child, I was 8 years old. Next time after a serious accident and in a coma for several months, then later after a heart attack. I have yet to experience anything like the "Near Death experiences" I have read about.

glo
12-23-2008, 05:38 AM
Interestingly I came across this article a few days ago.

[...]
You see, the weird thing is that you may have flatlined, be “clinically dead”, but you’ve been watching the whole thing from the ceiling. As soon as your heart stopped, you just drifted out of your body and found you could float anywhere. You feel incredibly well, bathed in bright light, suffused with a deep sense of peace and knowing that, at last, it all makes sense. Some of your dead relatives are here and, behind you, there is a tunnel from which the light floods down. Perhaps you can see Jesus at the far end of it, or Muhammad or Krishna. The chaos at your bedside is interesting, amusing even, but trivial. Death, you now know with absolutely certainty, is an illusion.

You’re having a near-death experience (NDE). They happen all the time. They may happen to everybody, however they die. Remarkably similar experiences have been reported throughout history in all cultures. Obviously, most are lost to us, because being near death is usually the immediate prelude to being dead. But precisely because high-tech hospital resuscitations are so effective — around 15% of cardiac-arrest victims are revived — we can now regularly hear news apparently from beyond the grave. And it sounds like very good news indeed. You don’t really die and you feel great. What could be nicer?

[...]

There are thousands of reports of OBEs but the two most famous cases are Pam Reynolds and Maria’s Tennis Shoe. Reynolds, an American singer, watched and later reported on with remarkable accuracy the top of her own skull being removed by surgeons before she moved into a bright glowing realm. But it was Reynolds’s account of the surgical implements used and the words spoken in the theatre that make the case so intriguing.

Maria, meanwhile, underwent cardiac arrest in 1977. She floated out of her body, drifted round the hospital and noticed a tennis shoe on a window sill. It was later found to be exactly where she said it was. The shoe was said to be invisible from the ground and not in any location where Maria could have seen it. Such stories suggest that OBEs should be scientifically verifiable.

[...]
(Sorry, long article. I must confess I didn't read it all ...)

Tony
12-23-2008, 10:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I have been near death several times and had to be resuscitated a few times. first time after a drowning experience as a child, I was 8 years old. Next time after a serious accident and in a coma for several months, then later after a heart attack. I have yet to experience anything like the "Near Death experiences" I have read about.
Wow, Allah really saved you for your contribution to Muslim Ummah. Subhan Allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tony
12-23-2008, 10:07 AM
The OBE thing is interesting and I think it may be very significant to life after death proof scientifically. I am not so sure about NDE, there is some arguement for the visions of dead relatives and angels etc being the product of a dying brain, like and end programme to alleviate stress and easy passage between life and death. Having said that I am sure someone ezplained to me that dying is painful in Muslim veiw. Thanks for your contributions. Peace

Woodrow
12-23-2008, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
Wow, Allah really saved you for your contribution to Muslim Ummah. Subhan Allah
Wow, Allah really saved you

I agree with that. The rest needs working on.

I hope to do my best to make the rest true and I will be able to contribute to the Ummah.

salamfromrom
03-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Salam

I had something which is not really a nde but very weird and profound like an NDE.

It happened when I was 13 years old (on my Bday I think) , I was sleeping and I had a dream in which I was presented with a test. It was a picture of jesus(pbuh) . As I saw it, I thought "what is this picture of the Son of God doing here? As soon as I said that I realized that there is only one true god who has no son, and that I had commited the greatest sin in the world, greater than even murder. At that moment the earth shattered into tiny particles and I fell through darkness for what seemed like an eternity. But I did not have a body, it was just me, its very hard to explain. Also everything was very real, much more real than me writing this to you right now. I had no body but it was dark and cold, I knew that I should be able to "see" but I realized there was a sort of barrier and I was not allowed to see.....I was being led to the grave where I knew I would spend an eternity away from Allah(swt) and I was terrified, that was pure terror, just imagine knowing you will never go to heaven or be alive again, only in a tortured state forever, it was immensely scare. at that moment I instinctively knew that I would have to do something fast before its too late and im left there for all eternity and I would never see my family again and would not be able to warn them...so I screamed from the bottom of my soul "GOD(the only one god) SAVE ME!" and at that moment I woke up. The weird thing is that in the room where I was sleeping we were approx. 4 people and it was very hot almost unbearably hot, enough to make you sweat in your sleep, but I woke up freezing cold and clenching my teeth from the cold.

This dream was the driving force behind my quest for truth and subsequent reversion to Islam which is undoubtedly the truth. I am not making this stuff up brothers and sisters, this is the realest thing I have ever experienced.

Salam a leikum

God-is-great
03-14-2009, 11:09 PM
i have had a near death experience many times. this happens mostly when im driving
my latest one was a week ago when one of my friend was challenged me to race with him
me being the kind of person who never or almost never resist a challenge decided to race with him
im the kind of person who would do anything and I mean ANYTHING to win
so while racing, I was frustrated cuz we were coming to our destination and my friend was in front of me
so without thinking, I went to the opposite lane and was trying to get in front of my friend
little did I know or was aware of the oncoming truck in front of me
all of a sudden I hear my sister screaming “we’re gonna die, we’re gona die”
I was stuck. didn’t know which way to go.
but Alhamdulillah my friend decided to let me get in front of him
the truck barely missed me. I guess my friend decided my life was worth more than winning

-sigh- he beat the crap out of me after, for being so stupid

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.