/* */

PDA

View Full Version : School Issues.

Abdullah4ever
12-23-2008, 03:46 AM
:sl:

Im about 16 now and im finished high school. I skipped a full grade when i was grade 8 thats why Im one year younger than im supposed to have finished. Alhumdillah I have recieved scholarships from the top universites in North America but I don't want to attend any of those. I wish to attend Al-Azhar university to learn more about Islam.

The problem here is that my parents want me to go to a North American university. They think that if i get a job such as lawyer, doctor, enginer etc.. I will be able to pay my bills and if i get a islamic degree I will not be able to. My parents want me to have a good life I understand that but I told them that I want to seek Islamic knowledge and I want to completely understand the words of Allah (swt).

There is a hadith that states that those who seek knowledge Allah (SWT) will ease the way to paradise for him. There are also many other hadiths that have inspired me to seek knowledge and I have made a choice to seek knowledge until the day I die.

My parents really don't want me to go to Al-Azhar university and they have refused for me to go. I don't want to disobey my parents and i really want to go to that university. Insha'allah I will read your advice.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
12-23-2008, 09:20 AM
:sl:
i wouldn't go if my parents didnt want me to...maybe inshallah later on in life you can seek Islamic knowledge... :thumbs_up

transition?
12-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Many american universities have programs where you can get your bachelors within 2 to 3 yrs, instead of 4. That makes you only 19 or 20 after you graduate
Maybe you can go to Al Azhar after that? Look for summer programs.
North America also has Al Maghrib Institute all over. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but they have seminars yearly and tests, too.
http://www.almaghrib.org/

I know exactly how you feel. You know that no matter what secular university you go to , it'll support your brain and break your heart into two. It doesn't make sense learn anything that doesn't involve Islam in it. Just once, you wish get taste the feeling to be in a learning environment of early Islam Baghdad.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.