/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ThePotato - Join Me!

UnknownOne
12-24-2008, 07:12 PM
:sl:

I would like to apologise for this threads wierdness in advance! Its a useful experiment you could have longterm fun from...so enjoy!

Ok, I was in a biology lesson and well we were talking about potatoes...so I thought I'd share it with you...it's a really fun experiment to take out...
Sorry if this has very little relation to this board...it is a potato from Allah...a wonderous vegi/mud thing we eat quite often...

Well here is a image of a potato:

Ok...maybe not that one...

[[ Took me such a long time to find this image xD ]]

Anyways, on these potatoes you will find the remaining parts of the roots, yeap; it's those roundish weird thingys.

Taking care, pull one of these out...pull as many as you can until you get a perfect one.

Find an unused plant pot or even a plant pot ready filled with soil. Water this soil and I recommend you leave it for approx half an hour so the water drains into the soil thoroughly. Make sure to leave the root drained in a glass / pot of water so it doesn't become damaged while you wait.

Now using your fingers, dig up just a little whole, (do not dig in too deep else you'll find yourself waiting ages for the potato to appear), and drop that little baby in there. Now cover it up...and water once again...
Leave it outside or next to your window or wherever you please; wait a few weeks.

I left mine ages ago. I'll check it once I've got the first reply to this thread and report to you about it. Umm yeah. Yet again. Im sorry about the wierdness of this thread, Im just tired, bored & lonely. Sitting here just going through IB then this popped into my head; I thought I'd share it with you.

Um..enjoy this experiment. Once the potato is big enough, give it to someone in the household as a present...or even make a batch and cook something involving potato and feed your family & freinds!

:w:

Please be warned that this can be dangerous in the homes of children as the leaves and other parts of the plant are known to be poisonous if so it would be dangerous if consumed.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nájlá
12-24-2008, 07:21 PM
go and check yours. am the first one to reply :p

lol ive planted potatos before its actually fun.

BlissfullyJaded
12-24-2008, 07:22 PM

Hehe.

Ah, I remember doin this long ago... Was quite exciting. Enjoy your potato. :p

UnknownOne
12-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Owww

Guess what everyone?

I can't find it..
Its not there..:cry:

My potato is gone
Thats not fair
Where did it go..it's not there anymore
I'll try again, lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
12-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Ah the lowly potato, one of the most common of foods, yet one of the most recent additions to much of the world's diet.

As familiar and as safe as we find it to be, few of us seem to know it was not known outside of the Americas until the 1500s and even then it was a novelty or an expensive luxury until about the 1800s.

To those who are thinking of giving a potato plant as a gift, be aware it is not suitable for homes with young children. The plant itself is very poisonous especially the leaves. As with all plants in the nightshade family (Potatoes, Nightshade, tobacco,tomatoes, peppers, egg plants) any green part can be deadly, the exceptions being the fruit of peppers, tomatoes, tomatillas and ground cherries.

UnknownOne
12-24-2008, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Ah the lowly potato, one of the most common of foods, yet one of the most recent additions to much of the world's diet.

As familiar and as safe as we find it to be, few of us seem to know it was not known outside of the Americas until the 1500s and even then it was a novelty or an expensive luxury until about the 1800s.

To those who are thinking of giving a potato plant as a gift, be aware it is not suitable for homes with young children. The plant itself is very poisonous especially the leaves. As with all plants in the nightshade family (Potatoes, Nightshade, tobacco,tomatoes, peppers, egg plants) any green part can be deadly, the exceptions being the fruit of peppers, tomatoes, tomatillas and ground cherries.

Hmm..I thought that was only if they plant was continuously reproduced from the same parent plant...
:-[
Sorry
I'll update the first thread

Yanal
12-24-2008, 07:55 PM
I only eat patatoes a French fries.

UnknownOne
12-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Lol, just realised I cant edit my post...darrn

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.