/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam Black Magic???

malayloveislam
12-25-2008, 03:37 PM
:sl:

Peace be upon everyone, I had encountered a non-Muslim who had posted in our country forum concerning black magic. Check out his statement. They could lead other non-Muslims and civil Muslims towards confusion if they do not have any basis knowledge about Islamic Creed. Please help me by providing your opinions.

Most common Muslims would consider it shirk. But it does exist.

I said "re-introduce black magic into Europe"
The most important European magic book is The Picatrix (or Ghayat al Hakim) translated from the Arabs.

Among the Middle East there is also The Sun of Great Knowledge (or Shams al-Ma'arif al-Kubra ).

Not to say the least it was Arab Muslims who introduce Alchemy to Europe (via Spain).

The Jews are not polytheist though (maybe at one time but certainly not when Mohhamed was alive).
They believe the powers came from God (the same Abrahamic God).

Interesting passages
To protect valuables in a box: write Sura 114 on paper and store the scribble in the box.

To prevent moth attack: write 2:267 and keep it in clothing.

To prevent the effect of evil eyes: write 2:14-15 on a turtle skin, and keep the turtle with you.

For abundant produce from a garden, write the entire Sura Ya Sin (Sura 36) and hang the paper on a tree in the garden.

For personal security, wear Sura Ya Sin inserted in a talisman.

To find hidden treasure, tie verse 3:9 and the entire Sura 95 (The Fig) on a white rooster neck, and let the rooster find the treasure.

To overcome thirst during a journey, write verse 2:6 on a piece of paper, wash the paper, and drink the water.

To eliminate fatigue of a long walk, tie verse 36:25 on your feet.

For safe long journey in the sea, and to ameliorate draught and famine, recite repeatedly 2:256-260.

For protection against flood, wear verse 36:48; even when the whole world is flooded the wearer sole will remain dry.

To be a famous scholar, on the first Friday of the month, during sunset, write on a black stone verses 5:109-112, and wear the stone‑carving.

A man hunting a suitable marriage partner: write 4:87-89 on a piece of garment worn by a young married woman, keep that garment with him. In due time, his match-makers will find the woman he has in mind.

A woman wanting to maintain harmonious relation with her husband, write the above verses (4:87-89) on a piece of paper, insert the paper inside a talisman, and hide that talisman under the pillow of the husband.

To destroy an enemy house, write 3:122-124 on a piece of horse skin, bury it underground on your enemy property, and in due time Allah will destroy the property.If you desire the death of another person, read 2:256-260 and Allah will do the job.
I don't know from where did he get the sources of these matters. I had asked him to provide sources but he just said that he can't recall it. I had put some information concerning the prophet medicine through Sunnah that he claimed as magic. What do you think of writing Quranic verses in the form of talisman? I think that it is Haram.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
malayloveislam
12-25-2008, 03:44 PM

Here is some of his answers to me after I asked him to provide translations for those verses that he said made as talisman.

I did not translate the passages. The references are already there already.

Heres more:
Truffle juice is a medicine for the spell of evil eyes(Sunaan Tirmidhi, 1194)

Incantation is allowed in every type of poison…(Sahih Bukhari, 26.5442, 5443)

Islamic geomancy is allowed(Sunaan Abu Dawud, 3.29.3900)

Poison & magic antidote: "He who eats seven ‘Ajwa dates every morning, will not be affected by poison or magic on the day he eats them." Bukhari vol.7 book 65 ch.44 no.356 p.260 and Bukhari vol.7 book 72 ch.56 p.451; Sahih Muslim vol.3 book 21 no.5080 p.1129. vol.3 book 21 no.5081 also adds magic.

-I remember reading this from a book I had called "Medicine of the Prophet" (I dont know where I put it but I will look for it when I get a chance too. I might be able to find it if I didnt lose it.)
-----
This was from a website:
http://charleswelty.net/1891833545/1891833545-11.htm

The Drought Maker
When the tribes of Mudar refused to accept Mohammed as Allah’s prophet, he cursed them in prayer that drought and famine would destroy them for seven years. It is alleged that within a year, the people were reduced to eating hides, carcasses and rotten dead animals.[89] Volume 2, No. 120-121.

The Healing Power of Spit
Mohammed cured a man with eye trouble by spitting in his eyes. The man never had eye trouble after that.[92] Volume 4, No. 192; Volume 5, No. 51.

All manner of diseases could be cured by Mohammed’s spit.[93] Volume 7, No. 641-642.

Miracle Massage
Mohammed healed a broken leg by rubbing it.[98]
Volume 5, No. 371.

Healings through Recitation
Snake bites, scorpion stings, and all kinds of illnesses were healed by Mohammed by waving his hand over the wound, reciting the Qur’an, and applying his spit to the wound.[99] Volume 7, No. 637-642.

Dream Interpretation
Mohammed would interpret the dreams of others as well as his own dreams. He claimed that the dreams of a Muslim is one of the forty-six parts of prophetism. Thus he was involved in the occult art of dream interpretation.[100] Volume 2, No. 468; Volume 9, No. 111-171.
Do you think all of these he stated as magic??? Is there any counter to these? What Islam has to do with black magic? Can anyone here help me clarifying black magic? In your culture view and also Islamic view, including sources from Hadiths and Quran? I know that our un-Islamic culture do recognize black magic. Like my people, we are Malays. We have previous Animism and Shamanism syncretised with Hinduism-Buddhism belief of summoning spirits (genies) to harm others. Even until today the culture still exist but it had been reduced to minimum scale after many Muslim Malays being religious literate.

Thank you and jazakallah for your helps.

malayloveislam
12-25-2008, 03:54 PM

Anyone with the knowledge of Quranic Arabic please clarify too what is the meaning of Mukjizat and Sihr. Literal meaning and also terminological meaning. Also why is that prophet being understood as possessing magic? What is actually the meaning of Nabi? Literal and terminologically. The meaning of Du'a literally and terminologically. Is it the same with Mantra incantations or magic spell???

I am so sorry for having to ask Muslim brothers and sisters about this. Non-Muslims in Malaysia always trying to deceive people and making Muslims creed shaking by false accusations, I don't know if they purposely doing this or doing it without any knowledge. We had been extremely tolerant to them in our own nation until they try to deceive us. I don't know why they hate Malay people being dominantly Muslims, 99.9% of Malays in Malaysia are Muslims, whether in name or truly practicing Muslims.

Here is the website and the link to the thread, please check it if you are free. Look at how they react to Muslims when Muslims post something about our belief. They are more harsh and rude than us.

http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/inde...owtopic=184506

Zamtsa
12-25-2008, 04:47 PM
It came from Dha'if Atsar from these books:

Musannaf of Imam Abu Bakr ibn Abi Shayba. Where it states the permissibility of hanging Ta’wizes is reported from many of the Companions and early Muslims (Salaf), including: Sa’id ibn al-Musayyab, Ata', Mujahid, Abd Allah ibn Amr, Ibn Sirin, Ubaydullah ibn Abd Allah ibn Umar, and others (Allah be well pleased with them all).

'Ali radhiyallahu 'anhu (Allah be pleased with him) says: This Dua should be written and tied to the arm of the woman. We have experienced that there is nothing more amazing than this” (Fatawa Ibn Taymiyya, 19/65).

Syaikh Abdul Waarits Al Madani said about this ATSAR:

"This is a famous ahadith which some of the people use to prove the early salaf used to wear ta'weez. Among the chain of narrators "Muhammed bin ishaq" is labelled "mudallis ra'vi" he explained with this analogy of 3 characters A, B and C. For eg. C heard something from B who inturn heard the same from A now C is telling others that "A said bla bla" when actually C didn't hear anything from A so we don't know about the credibility of B making the ahadeeth daeef and the shaikh(Abdul waaris madani) said ahadeeth with a mudallis rawi is always under a scanner if there are no other ahadeeth to support it. Hence, weak ahadeeth or Atsar."

An 'anah or Tadlis by Muhammad bin Ishaq is not taken as an 'anah if he said that he accepted the narration from his syaikh.

The narrators who use to do Mudallis or Mudallisin were Hasan Al Bashri, Muhammad bin Ishaq etc. Tadlis is the action, it is divided into

1.Tadlisul isnad, usually the narration was from Rawi who have met someone and heard something from him just in his zhan (weak zhan). He usually said 'An fulan or qaala fulan, not akhbarana fulan or haddatsana fulan.

2. Tadlisul Syuyukh, the narration came from what he heard from his syaikh but he told the syaikh name only by his kunyah name or or nickname or family name or character which is not known, so as not to be recognise. Example: Imam Hasan Al Bashri rahimahullaah.

3. Tadlisul Taswiyah, the narration came from a trustworthy syaikh, but the syaikh heard from a less credible syaikh, and this less credible syaikh accept the narration from a trustworthy syaikh. But the name of the less credible syaikh been deleted so it looks strong (the isnad). This is the worst type of Tadlis and followed by the 1st and the 2nd.
Someone who do this cheat will not be accepted his narration unless if he is a just man and willing to explain his narration, and part of them were absolutely not accepted. The more Shahih (precise) opinion is the 1st opinion, as explained by ibn Hajar Al Asqalani (Syarah An Nukbah page 18).

Infact Muhaddits had been considering hundreds of hadits as Dha'if (weak) because of the act of Tadlis by Mudallisin.

Rasulullah permitted people to use sentences which give a positive effect to cure someone, if it doesn't contain any SYIRIK, it acts as a suggestion like the suggestion given by hypnotists, it wasn't to be hanged on the body.

Rasulullah permitted people to use sentences which give a positive effect to cure someone, if it doesn't contain any SYIRIK, it acts as a suggestion like the suggestion given by hypnotists, it wasn't to be hanged on the body.

Rasulullah cured smallpox and eye disease by RECITING Al Qur'an to the sick (HR.Tirmidzi kitab medicine). This is consistent, that is by reciting and that Ruqyah (reciting) aren't motivated to be done unless for 'Ain and scorpion bite.

what Ma'tsur from the Shahaba were that they do Ruqyah to sick person using ayat Al Qur'an not make amulet out of it.

These are the Hadits for that:

Abdah bin Abdullah bin Al Khuza'i told us, Mu'awiyah bin Hisyam told us, from Sufyan, from Ashim Al Ahwal from Abdullah bin Al Harits from Anas, Anas said "Rasulullah gave DISPENSATION to Ruqyah from poison, eye diseases and small pox.(Shahih: Muslim, Tirmidzi kitab Thabib bab 15 no.2056).

Ibn Umar told us, Sufyan told us, from Hushain from Asy Sya'bi from Imran bin Hushain that Rasulullah qaala "There is no Ruqyah but from poison and small pox." (HR.Bukhari in mauquf (not marfu'), Al Misykah (4557).

Abu 'Isa (At Tirmidzi) said "Syu'bah narrated this hadits from Hushain, from Asy Sya'bi, from Buraidah, from Rasulullah... as that hadits."

Benefit of surat Al Ikhlash as in Silsilah Hadits Ash Shahihah no.3 is whoever read it 10 times, Allah will give to the reader 1 palace in Heaven.

Benefit of reading surah Al Baqarah and Al Imran is that Allah will make the 2 surahs as a shade for the reader in Al Qiyamah (Book of hadits and Shahih Jami' Shaghir, and Syaithan will be out from a house which Al Baqarah being read and witches will not be able to do sorcery to those who read it (Shahih J.Shaghir)
Benefit of reading surah Al Kahfi at Jum'at (after the Maghrib of Thursday till before Maghrib on Jum'at) is that Allah will shine the reader on that time until the next Jum'at).

Benefit of reading surah Al Mulk (67) is that Allah will free the reader from adzab Qubur.

Benefit of reading surah Al Baqarah is that it is the back bone of Al Qur'an, the benefit of reading surah Al Zalzalah is that it is a quarter of Al Qur'an and reading Al Kafirun will erase the Kafir of someone and it is a quarter of Al Qur'an (Silsilah Hadits Ash Shahihah 3).

Al Mufashshal (Qaaf - An Naas) meaning the surah which give detailed explanation.

'An 'Aisyah "Rasulullah always read surah Al Isra' and As Sajadah every night."
another said "Rasulullah always read surah Az Zumaar and Al Mulk every night." Both from Silsilah Hadits Ash Shahihah 3 by syaikh Muhammad Nashiruddin Al Albani.

From the hadits where Rasulullah limited Ruqyah by Al Qur'an to specific illness, we could get the impression that it is Tawakal if we recite Al Qur'an only to those illness.

Hisyam bin Yunus Al Kufi told us, Al Qasim bin Malik Al Muzani told us from Al Jariri from Abu Nadhrah from Abu Sa'id, he said "Rasulullah Shalallahu 'alaihi wa Sallam always take cover from Jin and the sickness cause by 'Ain, until Mu'awidzatain was sent down. When Mu'awidzatain was sent down, he use it both (Al Falaq and An Nas) and leave other than that 2." (Shahih ibn Majah 3511, Tirmidzi kitab Thabib bab 16 no.2058).

That's even toughened by this hadits, Muhammad bin Basysyar told us, Abdurrahman bin Mahdi told us, Sufyan told us from Manshur from Mujahid from Aqqar bin Mughirah bin Syu'bah from his father, Rasulullah qaala, "Whoever burn his skin with a hot iron or ask for Ruqyah, then he is out of being TAWAKAL."
This hadits shown that people shouldn't act with no knowledge about medicine and not to use Al Qur'an as a medicine but to those which Rasulullah had mentioned and by the way which he had mentioned.

From Bab 24 kitab 26 (Thabib), Tirmidzi no.2072, Ghayatul Maram (297):

haddatsana Muhammad bin Madduwaih, haddatsana Abdullahi ibn Musa, 'an Muhammad bin Abdirrahman bin Abi Laila, 'an 'Iisa akhihi, qaala "I have met Abdullah bin Ukaim Abu Ma'bad Al Juhani to visit him who was sick. He got ruddy (on his face and body). I said, 'Don't you hang something as amulet?,' He said 'Death is nearer than that. Nabi Shalallahu 'Alaihi wa Sallam qaala "man ta'allaqa (hang) syai'an (anything) wukila (he is being surrendered) ilaiha (to it).

That means that Allah wukila the one who hang anything even who hang ayat Al Qur'an in his body, Allah will not cure him, he will only surrender the person to which he hanged.

And the explanation is that when we do Ruqyah, the energy from our faith comes in to the sick person through the water, and when anyone hanged anything to someone as amulet, it will not bring anything because its meaningless, your faith to ayat Al Qur'an is meaningful but why your action are meaningless? Rasulullah gave dispensation to do Ruqyah for small pox, eye disease, 'Ain, Sihr, and poisonous sting or bite.

Then Ruqyah with Al Qur'an isn't for every sickness. But as to Ruqyah with words from Rasulullah and his du'a then it could be for variants of diseases.

Why Muhammad Shalallahu 'Alaihi wa Sallam used spit and also what Shahaba done in their Ruqyah was by spitting? Because this could be explain by the people who read book about Miracle in Water, that water could absorb the energy of man's thought, this was the 21th century proof.
So stay away from people who couldn't acknowledge this.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aqeel Ahmed
12-26-2008, 12:41 AM
Really I thought that Black magic or taking advice from palm readers is haaram is that considered Black Magic? :sl:

malayloveislam
12-26-2008, 04:43 AM
I have the same thought too, all kind of magics including palm reader are haraam. Prophets never did palm reader. They've got revelation from God. Palm readers got information from satans.

Here is the meaning in English for the terms that we use in English to translate Nabi, and Wahyu:

Prophet in Oxford Advanced Learner Dictionary page 929 means 1. (esp. in the Islam, Jewish, and Christian religions) a person who teaches religion and is, or claims to be inspired by God. 2. a person who says or claims to be able to say what will happen in the future 3. a person who tries to spread new belief, cause, theory, etc.

Prophecy : a) a statement that tells what will happen in the future. b) the power of saying what will happen in the future.

Revelation, page 1006 : 1. the making known of something that was secret or hidden. 2. a thing which is revealed, esp sth surprising.

Is Nabi too has the same meaning? Anyone with Arabic Dictionary with Explanations of the words can help to state what is the meaning?

doorster
01-01-2009, 10:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by malayloveislam

Is Nabi too has the same meaning? Anyone with Arabic Dictionary with Explanations of the words can help to state what is the meaning?
Nabi [نبي]: Prophet; Seer of future events [or a Rasul (messenger) who brings a new message]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.