/* */

PDA

View Full Version : life without a goal?

Güven
12-26-2008, 01:35 PM
:salamext:

everyone has goals in this life innit like ; getting married , having kids , graduate from school , getting old lol

Most of all Jannah...

But is it possible for a person to live a life without a goal ?

:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danah
12-26-2008, 03:53 PM
yeah......I asked many people in the past....why you live? or why you exsit?
some of the answers I got was:

"Dont know".............and this is very common

"To live this life".......you can interpret this one as you want

"Because My parent brought me to this life"

and so many other answers I forgot most of them

but there are many people live their life and just stay on it as if they are waiting death..nothing else

Nájlá
12-26-2008, 03:57 PM
But some have already acieved their goals. So they aint got anymore goals except
to please Allah and be from those that are gonna enter jannah.

Güven
12-26-2008, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
yeah......I asked many people in the past....why you live? or why you exsit?
some of the answers I got was:

"Dont know".............and this is very common

"To live this life".......you can interpret this one as you want

"Because My parent brought me to this life"

and so many other answers I forgot most of them

but there are many people live their life and just stay on it as if they are waiting death..nothing else
true but I cant understand how people live with no goals at all?

format_quote Originally Posted by Honeybee
But some have already acieved their goals. So they aint got anymore goals except
to please Allah and be from those that are gonna enter jannah.

yes and after that? after you are in Jannah(inshaAllah!)...i suppose there is no goal there either because you have reached the ultimate goal...but how does it feel to have no goals

hmmm .. I guess it would feel the same as going to a holiday

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nájlá
12-26-2008, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
yes and after that? after you are in Jannah(inshaAllah!)...i suppose there is no goal there either because you have reached the ultimate goal...but how does it feel to have no goals

yes after that inshallah u go to jannah inshallah.
you cant compare jannah to this life. No there will not be goals.
i think i know what your trying to say. In jannah u wont be bored and its totally different. And no it wont feel the same as going to a holiday.

When u go on a holiday sometimes u like it sometimes u dont. some things u like over there and some u dont. But in jannah everything there u would like. and sometimes ur happy and sometimes ur not. in jannah its different. Jannah is like no other and the feelings u get when ur there inshallah is like no other.
Even if there is no goals.

Danah
12-26-2008, 05:10 PM
true but I cant understand how people live with no goals at all?

You will not even have the time to think about anything else in the Jannah, you will be so attracted to all kinds of joy. something cant be explained by words.....and yeah its the ultimate goal, but there will be no time in Jannah that you will feel bored and wanna do something interesting, because everything around you is so interesting and you will not feel like you get bored from seeing the same things every day.

about people who live without goal.....its soo easy for them
like this:
waking up in the morning, going to work, come back to home, eating launch, watching TV or Internet, eating dinner, then sleep.....thats all
boring routine without any goals in life

they live their life as its something taken for granted...thats it

Güven
12-26-2008, 05:14 PM
ofcourse Jannah is not the same as this world I know that...subhanAllah this world is nothing compared to Jannah.

this thread is not about me btw I have enough goals but what about those who dont have goals who just ..."Live their life's " ?

my question was is it possible? and I have my answer so...

uhmm nvrmind though, to much goals it feels like im in a football match :lol:

JazakumAllahu Khair

Nájlá
12-26-2008, 05:16 PM
You will not even have the time to think about anything else in the Jannah, you will be so attracted to all kinds of joy. something cant be explained by words.....and yeah its the ultimate goal, but there will be no time in Jannah that you will feel bored and wanna do something interesting, because everything around you is so interesting and you will not feel like you get bored from seeing the same things every day.
yeh exactly SAYA has said it better than i have.

like this:
waking up in the morning, going to work, come back to home, eating launch, watching TV or Internet, eating dinner, then sleep.....thats all

going to work. actually that's a goal that they have acheived.
But still if u acheive something u still get bored. But even after acheiving ur goals in this life u will still be bored cos ur repeating what u do everyday.

Güven
12-26-2008, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA

like this:

SubhanAllah , now I just realized that Jannah will have goals....

Nájlá
12-26-2008, 05:18 PM
ofcourse Jannah is not the same as this world I know that...subhanAllah this world is nothing compared to Jannah.

this thread is not about me btw I have enough goals but what about those who dont have goals who just ..."Live their life's " ?

my question was is it possible? and I have my answer so...

uhmm nvrmind though, to much goals it feels like im in a football match :lol:

JazakumAllahu Khair
LOL

yes its possible to live without goals. it does get boaring. but yes its possible.

Danah
12-26-2008, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Honeybee
going to work. actually that's a goal that they have acheived.
But still if u acheive something u still get bored. But even after acheiving ur goals in this life u will still be bored cos ur repeating what u do everyday.
some are just going to work to fund themselves only......to be able to play around and eat and ........etc

Al-Zaara
12-26-2008, 05:24 PM
It depends really how you define 'goal'. Asking "Why do you live" or "Why have you been created" is not the same as asking "What are your goal in this life". This is all very much a matter of definition. To some those questions don't differ much from one another, or are all the same, while to others again, like for me, the way you ask 'em can be very vital for the answers change therefor.

To some a goal is to wake up next morning. To others it is to move forward, or even to walk or do basic things. Get good grades in that test. Others fix it on "Marriage", which again includes looots of things, lika it can include children, being a good wife/husband, moving away bla bla.

Some put lots of weight in "goals" or "missions" in life, while others just watch things happen. this doesn't mean they don't have them, they just don't put weight on 'em like others do.

AnonymousPoster
12-26-2008, 08:27 PM
:salamext:

everyone has goals in this life innit like ; getting married , having kids , graduate from school , getting old lol

Most of all Jannah...

But is it possible for a person to live a life without a goal ?

:?
Dot really have a choice whether we have goals or whether no goals actually come true when you look forward to something all your life like marriage and it becomes ur worst nighmare you dont really have much choice just to exist.

i guess we just carry on day by day just because whether we like it or not whatever comes in the way you just have to swallow it and hope one day it will be all over. than again who knows where the destination may lead may just end up in hell after alll the struggle in thsi life there jsut gonna be more struggle so life hey cheers to life......

Musaafirah
12-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Agreed with sis Al-Zaara. I don't think anybody lives life without a goal. Sure some people may get to the stage where they feel they have nothing to live for, but surely everyone has some sort of goal or other, depending on definition and whatnot.

Snowflake
12-27-2008, 12:28 AM
^I agree too. I don't understand when some ppl say all I ever wanted was to get married and to have lots of kids. I don't see that as a 'goal' personally. To me that's the norm. But to some ppl it means everything in life. So that was their goal.

Aqeel Ahmed
12-27-2008, 12:29 AM
:sl:
Güven I think someone can, at least someone like me but in a retirement home that only lives for Allah. :w:

Woodrow
12-27-2008, 05:58 AM
:w:

I believe everybody has goals even if they do not know they do.

We have a series of goals that can be defined as short term or long term. Our long term goals are often somewhat abstract until we approach completion of them. While our short term goals are usually to satisfy immediate needs.

I think the problem is some people fail to work to fulfill their long term goals, that leads to the appearance of not having any goals.

The reality is as long as we are alive, we have goals. the need is to seperate our hedonistic goal from our altruistic ones and strive for that which will carry us and others forward, towards Jannah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.