/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Despair...

afzalaung
12-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Salaamaleykum,

Due to some recent events in life, which i view as a slow yet gradual fall-apart of my life, i've been very depressed and found very little reason to look forward to the sunrise.

I know my problems are minute compared to those what others have to face. Yet, for what i'm carrying now...i feel its at my limits. It seems problems dog me.

for example, earlier this year, i was praying hard for an event to happen, and when it finally did (alhamdulillah nevertheless) , something else was taken away from me. that thing was one of the most cherished thing in my life, something that made me enjoy life like i've never did before (no, someone didn't died ,alhamdulillah)

anyway...its hard...for me to juggle them all. Worst part is... family and most friends dont seem to understand...especially the aunties who bicker about my situation without understanding the whole truth, and i'm sick and tired of trying to make them understand...i can't even make my parents understand me.

So...at this point, my only solace is the promise of God...of death..and Heaven.

The question is...
for the pain that is not physical...mental exhaustion, emotional torment, heartbreak..etc... will we get thawab as well?

and,..whatever we wish for, we will eventually get them in heaven if we dont get it on earth, right?

Jazakallahu khair.

Ps: i tried to be as general as possible for obvious confidentiality reasons.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
12-28-2008, 03:31 AM
Greetings and peace be with you afzalaung;

I have copied some prayer from the forum and used them several times because they sum up beautifully how Allah works. I believe the prayers are understandable to people of all faiths. Sadly at the time I did not copy the name of the person who posted them or were they came from.

We pray in our way; and Allah answers in his way

I asked for Strength.........
And Allah gave me Difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom.........
And Allah gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity.........
And Allah gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage.........
And Allah gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love.........
And Allah gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favours.........
And Allah gave me Opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed
My Prayer has been answered.
Pray for Others to Heal Yourself.

The Prophet was always concerned about other people, Muslims and non-Muslims, and would regularly pray for them. Praying for others connects you with them and helps you understand their suffering. This in itself has a healing component to it. The Prophet has said that praying for someone who is not present increases love.
Assalaamu Alaikuum Warahamtul Lahi Wabarakatuh
Be Thankful

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire,If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge
Because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes
They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you're tired and weary
Because it means you've made a difference.

It is easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.

GRATITUDE can turn a ! negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles and they can become your blessings.
In the spirit of praying for hope

Eric

Malaikah
12-28-2008, 06:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by afzalaung
The question is...
for the pain that is not physical...mental exhaustion, emotional torment, heartbreak..etc... will we get thawab as well?

and,..whatever we wish for, we will eventually get them in heaven if we dont get it on earth, right?
Of course! All hardships, whether physical or emotion are test from Allah and if you deal with them with patience and turn to Allah inshaAllah you will be rewarded.

Remember that when Allah takes something from, and you handle the situation with patience then He will replace it with something better.

I hope your situation improves, ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.