/* */

PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter to ALL Banks Who Close Down Charity Accounts

rezbi
12-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Assalamu'alaykum,

Apologies for coming on here and writing such a strong first post, but I feel it is an urgent and necessary one.

I have written a post about the latest spate of charity accounts closures and have set up a petition form for everyone to sign.

We Muslims need to unite or we will be walked over by anyone and everyone.

Please read this post and sign the petition after it.

An Open Letter to ALL Banks Who Close Down Charity Accounts JUST BECAUSE WE ARE MUSLIMS

I've already deleted a negative comment by a Zionist. They're brave enough to comment against us on our own sites but we lack the courage to speak up against them.

Are we not Muslims?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
12-26-2008, 08:14 PM
How do we sign it?

rezbi
12-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Just clink on the link at the bottom of the post or top of the page and follow the instructions. It's very clear.

Let me know if you do have any other problems.

Jazaak Allah
Rezbi

Yanal
12-26-2008, 08:21 PM
I am done brother. I signed of on behalf of my brother.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aqeel Ahmed
12-26-2008, 10:36 PM
:sl:
Does the system allow one per computer or more?:w:

Aqeel Ahmed
12-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Yes we are Muslims but are scared to speak up to people who call us manes.
:w:

rezbi
12-26-2008, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aqeel Ahmed
Does the system allow one per computer or more?:w:
Give it a try but please make sure they're unique signatures as these will be made available to the banks concerned.

If they don't know about it they won't care.

Aqeel Ahmed
12-26-2008, 10:52 PM
I'll try don't worry inshallah.
:w:

rezbi
12-27-2008, 03:25 PM
There have been a few comments on the site, but only from a jew and a hindu. Obviosuly these were negative and have been spammed.

It would be good to see some positive comments from Muslims as that's what show unity to the non-Muslims.

Whatsthepoint
12-27-2008, 03:30 PM
This is about Muslim charities that are deemed supportive of terrorism?

rezbi
12-27-2008, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
No, they're closing them down just because they are Islamic charities. No reasons given.

There have been several just within the past few days.

rezbi
12-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Read the petition letter and you'll see we've asked them to provide reasons for what they're doing.

Whatsthepoint
12-27-2008, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rezbi
No, they're closing them down just because they are Islamic charities. No reasons given.
I strongly doubt that but if that is the case they can sue the banks in a British court and if that doesn't work there's European court of justice.

rezbi
12-27-2008, 03:48 PM
I strongly doubt that but if that is the case they can sue the banks in a British court and if that doesn't work there's European court of justice.
And meanwhile the poor starve.

I understand what you're saying and why, but that's a long process we're likely to lose, anyway.

The banks are zionist entities, as are the media and government.

We need to take immediate action and that is to close down as many accounts as possible with them, especially business accounts.

Please make these comments on the blog site as I'm marketing it quite heavily and hope to get to a wider audience.

We need to ensure a large readership, especially as we need as many signatures as possible on the petition.

An Open Letter to ALL Banks Who Close Down Charity Accounts JUST BECAUSE WE ARE MUSLIM

rezbi
12-27-2008, 04:29 PM
And, also, that is the case as I know of it personally.

rezbi
12-27-2008, 04:31 PM
The charity I'm referring to is Ummah Welfare Trust and some of the guys involved with it are my neighbours.

Whatsthepoint
12-27-2008, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rezbi
And, also, that is the case as I know of it personally.
I don't know ... there are several laws in the UK that prevent this. Not even the anti-terror legislation allows closing down bank accounts without a viable reason. I don't think a bank would close down accounts just like that.

rezbi
12-27-2008, 09:48 PM
FYI:

http://www.petitiononline.com/UWTBB/petition.html

Please note, several businesses have already handed in their notices to your bank, and other are ready to follow suit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 26 December 2008 14:06
To: 'john.varley@barclays.com'
Cc: 'columb.oshea@barclays.com'
Subject: Closure of Islamic Charities

Dear Mr Varley,

It has been brought to my attention that you are in the process of closing down the account of Ummah Welfare Trust.

Ummah Welfare Trust is a prominent charity which exists to feed the poor and the needy.

I personally donate money through this charity to two orphans in Bangladesh.

Now, I don't know about you, but I know these children are not terrorists.

I am just one of many people who these children look to for food and shelter.

If you close down this account they are the ones who will suffer.

I'm not even certain you care because I'm sure this is something you would have thought of without my bringing it to your attention.

All I will say is this, I am a marketer and advertiser... and I will make it my missions to make my next campaign my ONLY campaign.

And that will be to encourage ALL Muslims living in the UK and elsewhere to close their accounts and cease any business with your bank and any other which deems it fit to close down the accounts of Islamic charities JUST BECAUSE WE ARE MUSLIM.

I hope you realise the gravity of this situation and the impact it has on the poor Muslims of the world and reconsider.

I don't particularly wish to fight against you or any other bank in this way.

Sincerely,
Rezbi

aadil77
12-27-2008, 09:55 PM
yep like interpal supporting the 8 year old terrorists who are dieing in hospitals

rezbi
12-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Latest from UWT:

http://uwt.org/Press/Press-Release/P...e-25-12-08.asp

rezbi
12-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Please sign the petition.

I've sent the link to the bank.

Snowflake
12-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Ive signed and will pass it on inshaAllah. But it isn't just Barclays.

meanwhile take a look at this.......

Lloyds Bank threaten Interpal UK charity
Olive | November 15, 2008
Lloyds Bank threaten Interpal UK charity

I’ve just received this, its quite shocking. Interpal has had some controversial media coverage over the past few years, mostly for dealing with Hamas. But since Interpal’s work is mostly in Gaza, amongst people desperately in need of support, and Hamas is the democratically elected government of Gaza, it seems only prudent for Interpal to have some sort of dealings with them. Interpal has never been tried of any wrongful act or found guilty of any irregularities. Lauren Booth recently complimented the charity stating its work is the only thing keeping the Gazans alive.

The head of the UN Relief and Works Agency in Gaza was on television tonight saying that their distribution centres have run out of food. The blockade imposed on Gaza has ensured that even the UN are unable to get hold of basic supplies. They gave out the last flour they had left today, and tomorrow they have literally nothing to give to the refugee families who rely on them. And in the same evening this landed in my inbox…[ed]

To: s.khan@interpal.org
Subject: Closure of Interpal’s bank account
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 19:14:12 +0000

Dear Friends,

Assalamu Alaikum - Peace be upon you.

I am writing to you because we are faced by a totally unexpected crisis which has the potential to force us to cease operations early next month.

We received notification the day before yesterday from our bank, the Islamic Bank of Britain (IBB), that Lloyds TSB (their clearing bank) have served notice on IBB to cease all dealings with Interpal. The notice comes into effect on 8 December 2008 (a nice Eid prsent!). After this time “all transactions into or out of Interpal accounts will be blocked and IBB will be at further risk of all its customer payments being suspended.” IBB has offered us its total support but is apparently powerless in this situation, throwing into question the autonomy of Britain’s burgeoning Islamic finance sector.

As you can imagine, this has the potential not only to damage Interpal but also to affect community relations (and cohesion) in Britain. The bank hasn’t even waited for the Charity Commission to publish its latest report on Interpal.

No reason at all is given for this draconian and punitive measure, taken without any consideration for the thousands of contributors who have placed their faith in us to assist the needy of Palestine – and who want to continue to do so. Needless to say, it will be an administrative nightmare to transfer the thousands of standing orders that we have, etc.

By acting in this way, Lloyds TSB has treated IBB with contempt. Their action sends a signal to other Muslim charities – as well as the bank’s 50,000 Muslim account holders – that their accounts can be closed down without warning or explanation at any time.

It is, at the very least, an example of the utter lack of respect faced by the Muslim community from some hostile quarters in this country.

Perhaps it should be pointed out to Lloyds TSB that Muslims are among the British taxpayers who have bailed out the bank after years of wasteful mismanagement!

Be that as it may – we are less than a month away from a potentially very difficult and testing situation. We are currently mobilising all the support we can to try to persuade the banks to rescind this decision – and hope and pray that we can look to you for guidance, advice and practical support at this critical time.

We are calling upon our friends and supporters, and all who stand for justice in the face of oppression to contact Lloyds-TSB and the Islamic Bank of Britain to ask them to rescind this outrageous, unfair and arbitrary decision.

Your support in this will be much appreciated.

Islamic Bank of Britain plc,

Edgbaston House,

3, Duchess Place,

Hagley Road,

BIRMINGHAM,

B16 8NH.

Tel: 0121 452 7330 / 0845 6060786

Bulat Betalgiry,

Lloyds TSB Bank plc,

1st Floor,

25, Gresham Street,

LONDON,

EC2V 7HN

Tel: 020 7661 4778

bulat.betalgiry@lloydstsb.

co.uk

Many thanks.

Ibrahim Hewitt

Chairman of the Board of Trustees

Interpal

WHAT YOU CAN DO..

Call Lloyds TSB to ask them to rescind this outrageous, unfair and arbitrary decision.

Bulat Betalgiry,
Tel: 020 7661 4778

Islamic Bank of Britain plc,
Tel: 0121 452 7330 / 0845 6060786

http://www.olivecoop.com/palestine-u...al-uk-charity/

I don't think the banks have left muslims customers with any choice but to switch to islamic banks straight away. It wouldve been ideal to wait, but that means leaving millions of muslims starving in the meantime. imsad

May Allah help the ummah~ ameen

rezbi
12-27-2008, 11:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Ive signed and will pass it on inshaAllah. But it isn't just Barclays.
It's a start.

Whatsthepoint
12-27-2008, 11:08 PM
It would seem they're not shutting down bank accounts for no reason whatsoever ...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.