/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help for a brother in love

muslimm4lyf786
12-28-2008, 12:34 AM
A Salaam U Alkaykum Brothers.

I am in college and 16 years of age. I have known this girl for 4 years now and i have been in love with her for the same period. I do not feel intense sexual desire for her but i love her beauty her attitude towards life, her modesty and the iman she has.

This girl does not know i love her but im am quite sure she doesn't feel that way about me since she constantly advocates and repeats that we are friends. I don't hang out with her or anything we just used to talk in our classes together about problems. this girl is a virgin and to the best of my knowledge not ever gone out with a guy.

My parents are the type who do not approve of marriage until the age of around 20. I can wait until around 20 until i could tell her the way i feel but our career choices would leave us separated at university.

I think about her constantly and there is something inside me that tells me that this is not a teenage crush. Every day all i hope for in college is just to catch a glimpse of her face and it makes my day.

I am not the type of person who goes out with girls or even boys. I am a person who usually stays at home and goes shopping with a friend that is a boy now and then. I don't stare at girls and am regarded as quite Islamic by my friends. I don't think i am handsome or anything but i don't think im ugly either.

I know that i cannot tell her how i feel as people who have plucked up the courage to tell her they like her have then subsequently just been ignored by her as they have just wanted to go out with her.

Brothers and sisters do i just wait until i am of marrying age. or do i risk disappointing my parents and tell them i wish to marry her with the high possibility she will say Bugg*r off. :cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
themuffinman
12-28-2008, 05:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimm4lyf786
A Salaam U Alkaykum Brothers.

I am in college and 16 years of age. I have known this girl for 4 years now and i have been in love with her for the same period. I do not feel intense sexual desire for her but i love her beauty her attitude towards life, her modesty and the iman she has.

This girl does not know i love her but im am quite sure she doesn't feel that way about me since she constantly advocates and repeats that we are friends. I don't hang out with her or anything we just used to talk in our classes together about problems. this girl is a virgin and to the best of my knowledge not ever gone out with a guy.

My parents are the type who do not approve of marriage until the age of around 20. I can wait until around 20 until i could tell her the way i feel but our career choices would leave us separated at university.

I think about her constantly and there is something inside me that tells me that this is not a teenage crush. Every day all i hope for in college is just to catch a glimpse of her face and it makes my day.

I am not the type of person who goes out with girls or even boys. I am a person who usually stays at home and goes shopping with a friend that is a boy now and then. I don't stare at girls and am regarded as quite Islamic by my friends. I don't think i am handsome or anything but i don't think im ugly either.

I know that i cannot tell her how i feel as people who have plucked up the courage to tell her they like her have then subsequently just been ignored by her as they have just wanted to go out with her.

Brothers and sisters do i just wait until i am of marrying age. or do i risk disappointing my parents and tell them i wish to marry her with the high possibility she will say Bugg*r off. :cry:
dude i can tell u from past experience with girls....when girls mean friend thats exactly how they see u ....as just a friend not a potential mate. it would be wise to avoid her to stop yourself from getting hurt in the long run. iv had girls that were just friend and girlfriends before when i wasnt really practicing and i can tell you its taught me alot about how they usually think. you dont want to get into this "love" business the haraam way because it only ends up hurting you. there are types of love in this world ish-e-ilahi which is love for allah which everyone should strive for and ishq-e-majasi which is love outside of marriage and Most of the time you really dont need to go to hell to feel the punishment for it..it hurts alot when things end up badly between you and your girlfriend you thought you "loved". so to save you from all this trouble im telling you how it is straight up.

noorseeker
12-28-2008, 08:28 AM
I think at your age we all have someone in mind..

Sahabiyaat
12-28-2008, 02:35 PM
I agree, if she says your friends, she means it.
So just crush ur feelings and avoid her like the plague.
your still young, other people will come into your life, and if you dont even know her personally that well, how do you really know shes so amazing? Maybe she isnt.So just let it go, and dont be sad about it. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
12-28-2008, 03:01 PM
:salamext:

Since you can't do anything yet, get some good friends who will keep your mind busy. Good friends, if you dont like going out - then hang out on this site more often and make some brother mates who you can chat to on msn.

Make this your aim for a little while...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.