/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salam from Kosova

sefedinmuqaj
12-28-2008, 07:41 AM
Salam aleykum brothers

I am Seifudin from Prizren town of Kosova.
I am a young Muslim who recently started praying regularly.
I wish all the best to all Muslims around the world and i hope Insha-Allah peace and freedom will come to Palestine and all other unduly occupied Muslim territories!

May Allah protect and guide us all!

www.kosovaislam.tk

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
12-28-2008, 08:05 AM
Assalamalikum brother, hope you have a good stay on L.I .

Lots of wonderful people on here.

Whatsthepoint
12-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Welcome

I don't see much difference between Kosovo and Israel really.

Al-Zaara
12-28-2008, 11:53 AM
^ I wonder if you see more difference between on-topic and off-topic posts. :D

Welcome, bro sefedinmuqaj! I'm glad you've started to practice your religion more, mashaAllah.
InshaAllah, you'll stay active!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sahabiyaat
12-28-2008, 12:01 PM
:sl: welcome :)

Faith.
12-28-2008, 12:05 PM
AssalamuAlaykum,
Welcome to the forum bro
I hope you enjoy your stay here...

rami0323
12-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Welcome to the forum brother :)

sefedinmuqaj
12-28-2008, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Welcome

I don't see much difference between Kosovo and Israel really.
Can you be more specific brother?

What do you mean by this?

Maybe our politics are similar but we (the people) are very different from the jews, for example we are Muslim first of all!

Whatsthepoint
12-28-2008, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sefedinmuqaj
Can you be more specific brother?

What do you mean by this?

Maybe our politics are similar but we (the people) are very different from the jews, for example we are Muslim first of all!
I was referring to the fact that Kosovo was Serbian 60 years ago and now it is an independent Albanian state backed by the US and the EU. Similarly, Palestine was Arab 60 years ago, and now most of it is an independent Jewish state backed by the US and the EU.
Whats the percentage of Kosovars who practice Islam?

Al-Zaara
12-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Precentage? That's impossible to say. Also, depends what you mean with practices Islam.

Whatsthepoint
12-28-2008, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Precentage? That's impossible to say. Also, depends what you mean with practices Islam.
How many women wear the headscarf.
How many adult citizens don't drink alcohol.
I'm not asking for specific numbers.

Periwinkle18
12-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Assalam o alikum

Welcome to the forum :)

sefedinmuqaj
12-28-2008, 02:42 PM
You are right. But we are ethnic albanians not serbs (maybe you know this already)!
About 90 % of the people are Muslim here but only about half of them practise Islam regularly. Of course as we live near Europe people are influenced by European lifestyle so i can say Elhamdulilah we are still good comparing to some of Arabic countries like Egypt for example. When i see a video clip from Amr Diab for example i cannot tell if these people are Muslims or catholic. No Offence!

Al-Zaara
12-28-2008, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
How many women wear the headscarf.
How many adult citizens don't drink alcohol.
I'm not asking for specific numbers.
Few wear the headscarf, but more than that pray regulary and other stuff.
Men are usually the ones who drink alcohol, I rarely hear of a woman drinking, and they are many.

north_malaysian
12-31-2008, 07:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sefedinmuqaj
You are right. But we are ethnic albanians not serbs (maybe you know this already)!
About 90 % of the people are Muslim here but only about half of them practise Islam regularly. Of course as we live near Europe people are influenced by European lifestyle so i can say Elhamdulilah we are still good comparing to some of Arabic countries like Egypt for example. When i see a video clip from Amr Diab for example i cannot tell if these people are Muslims or catholic. No Offence!
Selam Sefedinmuqaj...

Welcome to this forum....

You've seen Amr Diab's vid clip.... yeah... so Westernised .. 99% of the Egyptian Muslims are not westernized...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.