/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some advice regarding the ankles

nebula
12-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Salaamalakuym brothers and sisters

I needed some advice, i recently read that this hadeeth where our Prophet Muhammed PBUH said that we should keep our lower garments above our ankles.

Heres the hadeeth i read:

Al-Bukhaari reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whatever of the izaar (lower garment) is below the ankles is in the Fire." (al-Bukhaari, no. 5787)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "There are three whom Allaah will not look at or praise on the Day of Judgement and theirs will be a painful punishment: the one who wears his garment below his ankles, the one who reminds others of his favours, and the one who sells his product by means of making false oaths" (reported by Muslim, no. 106)

I wanna start folding my trousers and stuff above my ankles but i know people will make fun of me probably like say "you've got jackups" etc...

what should i do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Hanbali
12-28-2008, 10:34 PM
:salamext:

A reply from a student of knowledge, brother Ayman bin-Khaled from Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth:

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم و الصلاة و السلام على خير المرسلين

و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله و بركاته

Isbaal ( having your clothes reaching below your anckle) in general is a matter of dispute amongst scholars. Some deem Isbaal to be prohibitted whether it was done out of pride and arrogance or not while others view it as prohibitted only if it was done out of pride or arrogance.

The second opinion, which I am leanient to, rely on the fact that Isbaal at the time of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) was known to be an act of arrogance and pride and that was the reason for prohibitting it. They have other eviednecs as well and it is lentghy topic but that is the sum up inshallah.

Note, If you live in an area where people do not do Isbaal and they deem as prohibitted totally while you think it is only haram when it is done out of arrgoance and pride then you still should not do Isbaal in such place.

It is better to refrain from doing Isbaal as much as you could and try your best not to do Isbaal.

Wallahu A'lam
Source: http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vbe/showp...92&postcount=3

- Qatada -
12-29-2008, 10:26 PM
:salamext:

you can wear them tracksuit bottoms which them punks used to wear, but now everyone wears.. they go upto the middle of your calves [half way up.]

They look sporty too, and they're not dispraised by the people nor islam inshaAllah.

nebula
12-30-2008, 12:28 AM
Does anyone else refrain from doing Isbaal?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
12-30-2008, 01:32 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
I wanna start folding my trousers and stuff above my ankles but i know people will make fun of me probably like say "you've got jackups" etc...
I don't think this will be a major problem. Perhaps people will look, but I doubt they will actually say something. Nowadays you see so much weird clothing that having your trousers above your ankles is hardly something strange compared to various other things. But at the end of the day, don't worry what the people will think or say, because it is Allaah swt alone that we seek to please. Any hardship or suffering we endure for His sake will surely be compensated for.

May Allaah (swt) make things easy for you, Aameen.

Yanal
12-30-2008, 02:02 AM
:sl:
Bro I fold them and none of the people I see or meet look at my ankles that's plain wierd, just fold them I do , don't be afraid to say "I'm a Muslim and this is our faith".
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.