/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reading/praying..

Reema123
12-29-2008, 09:56 PM
:sl:

ermm not sure if this is in the right place, i apologise if it's not, im new :-[

i have a question, i know that when someone has passed away, reading/praying for tht person helps.. just wanted to know what should be read and is there a certain way i should be doing this?

jazakallah khair in advance..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
kwolney01
12-30-2008, 11:41 PM
I first would like to say I am sorry for your lose and I wish you all the best in coping with this.

You should pray for the person and the family of that person. Try going to this website <Link Removed> it is really good. It has a lot of different duas for many different purposes.

I hope this helps.

Jazak Allah Khair

muslimah_4ever
01-02-2009, 04:47 AM
about the way you read, I don't think it matters if it is read from a book, or internet or from memory. As long as you understand what you are saying and truly mean it.
I'm sorry for your loss. May allah bless them in the afterlife.

~Taalibah~
01-02-2009, 07:07 PM
:sl:

Sis Reema, you can read anything the normal way- i.e namaaz, The Holy Qur'aan, Duas, and make Niat (intention) that Allah Ta'aala give the mayyit the sawaab.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
01-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Asalam A'lakum Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh.
Few months ago my Great-Grand Mother passed away in Pakistian. My mother gave one sappara(piece of the 30 piece Quran ) to one of her friends and asked them to read it in the name of my Great Grand mother. But when my Grand Father passed away my father and his brothers called every relative to there places and asked them to read Aytal Qursi ( an long ayyat in the Quran.) and put an almond in a bowl everytime someone finished in my Grand Fathers name.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.