/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Update on Our Member Graceseeker

Woodrow
12-30-2008, 08:24 PM
For those who care I would like to bring it to attention that our member Graceseeker is facing a very difficult time.

Yesterday afternoon his mother was taken to the hospital in very bad condition. To quote from Gene's message to me.

She was taken to the hospital this afternoon, consicous but unresponsive. Her blood pressure was really low 80/60. Everything else -- oxygen levels, pulse, hearth rythm -- was all bad too
For those who desire, use this thread to express your wishes for Gene and his family. Keep it halal and peaceful.

My personal thoughts at this time are:

Gene, I am sorry to hear about your mother. It is very difficult when a loved one falls ill and it is very heart breaking when it is ones mother. I hope all goes well for you and your mother and that all turns out well for you. I feel your pain and wish there was something I could do to make it easier for you and your family.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lamees
12-30-2008, 08:31 PM
may Allah grant his mum and my mum "shefa'" .....Ameeeeeeeen:cry::cry:

My mum spent the last two months in hospital having chemotherapy..and she's going back to continue it tomorrow..:cry::cry:

It is very very hard when your most beloved person falls ill..:cry:
but the only thing u can do is Du3a'..I will keep making Du3a for her Inshallah

Al-Zaara
12-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Respected Gene, it saddenes me to hear these news. I hope it goes well for your mother and yourself aswell, please be strong in times like these and know that you are not alone!

anatolian
12-30-2008, 08:50 PM
"Get your mother well soon, Gene-Geçmiş olsun"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nájlá
12-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Its very sad to her this. Gene i know its hard going through this and seeing ur mother ill But be strong. i hope it goes well for ur mother.

Lames May Allah grant ur mother shefa. Aameen

alcurad
12-30-2008, 09:01 PM
may god grant her good health.

Far7an
12-30-2008, 09:11 PM
:sl:

May Allaah azzawajal grant your mother shifaa.

Ashjan95
12-30-2008, 09:12 PM
AWW how sad to hear this news :(

may allah grant her with health INSHALLAH
ya rab help every1 in this world to cure from every bad illness and
grant them with good health....AMEEN.....

Eric H
12-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Woodrow;

Thanks for keeping us informed about Gene, I pray Gene's mother recovers.

Blessings and peace be with you.

Eric

glo
12-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Gene, I am keeping your mother and your whole family in my thoughts and prayers.
Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Peace

Zahida
12-30-2008, 09:54 PM
:sl: Feel saddened to hear this may Allah protect your mother and ease her pains and difficulties and guide her back to her good health. Ameen Summ Ameen:w:

Yanal
12-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Ameen to all Duas on this thread.

Zafran
12-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Salaam

May Allah make her feel better

peace

north_malaysian
12-31-2008, 12:52 AM
Amin to all the Du3as....

May Grace Seeker's mother be healthy again...

Grace Seeker
12-31-2008, 03:43 AM
Thanks all!! I'm just home for a bit to recharge my batteries (I mean the phone, but mine a bit too). My mom did make it through last night, which surprised us and today she platued and is resting a bit more comfortably. She isn't aware that we are there anymore, not for at least the last 24 hours. Her oxygen levels are back up, and though her blood pressure has rebounded some, it is just for a brief spell and then drops again, each time a little lower than the last, down once to just 75/32. Her urine output is almost non-existant. We know the end is near, and are just trying to keep her comfortable. All of your words of encouragement are a comfort to me. Again, thanks!

alcurad
12-31-2008, 05:39 AM
all I can say is, may god help you through this difficult time.

north_malaysian
12-31-2008, 05:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
We know the end is near, and are just trying to keep her comfortable. All of your words of encouragement are a comfort to me. Again, thanks!
miracle happens... must always have hopes...

Grace Seeker
01-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Again, thanks to all who prayed and lent me your support. I am tardy in updating this, given how much you cared, but I can now fill you in.

My mom never did recover. The doctor confirmed that what she had was a heart attack, but graciously she never suffered any pain from it. She entered the hospital on Monday, December 29. I had my last conversation with her that evening. Thereafter she was essentially unconscious, though not in coma. The doctors didn't think she would make it through that night, and certainly not the next day, though as I reported she did. She had requested that we not use heroic measures, and so all we did was keep her comfortable and let God make the decision as to when it was her time. That time came early in the morning of January 1. I was there with are, as was my brother and my father. Though my parents had divorced years ago, they had remained friends. As we waited for the envitable my father told stories from when they had first met, stories I had never heard before. In the midst of the sadness, it was also a very healing time. It was a time for letting go, and commending her to God's care.

My mother had asked to be cremated and for her ashes to be mixed with the ashes of her second husband and interred together on the family farm about 15 miles from my house. This we did last week, with a memorial service attended by the whole family and a few friends. My brother and I sorted through old family albums looking for pictures with which to make a video collage representing my mother's life. Boy does that take one back. And, excuse me for saying it, I found out that my mom was pretty good lookling when she was a teenager. Looking at those old pictures with the prespective a few years on me that I didn't have when I would thumb through them as a child, I saw a whole new side to my mom. It was sort of neat.

Then this past weekend, my brother and I did the final thing we needed to do in cleaning out her trailer. It was work, but not as hard as we had imagined it might be. And again their were memories in some of the simplest and silly things. In the sink was the Huckleberry Hound spoon that had been mine as a little kid. I instead on having it when I ate my cereal.

My mom and I had had our ups and downs in our relationships over the years. I was terribly hurt by the divorce of my parents which my mom had precipitated by some of her actions. But I had finally gotten past that a few years ago, and was so looking forward to spending more time with her in these later years. We had a few, but of course it could never be enough, not when it is your mom. Still we were reconciled before the end, and in the end I was able to be there for her and do for her those things which she needed. And the last time I told her I loved her, I was able to really mean it. And when she went on January 1, she went peacefully. For all of these things, I am incredibly grateful.

And, again, I thank you all for your prayers and support. May God bless you and your relationships with your loved ones as well. I bid you peace.

glo
01-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Thank you for sharing your story, Grace Seeker.

It sounds like you learned much about your mom in those recent days.
And how beautiful that you said your goodbyes in peace, love and reconciliation.

God bless.

Da Pwr f Truth!
01-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Ameen to all da Duas...
May Allah (swt) grant all of da troubled and bed-ridden people SHEFA. Ameen

Civilsed
01-27-2009, 05:30 PM
To Allah we belong and to Allah we return.

May Allah (SWT) make this time easy for you ... Ameen

Snowflake
01-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Hi GraceSeeker,

It is a blessing that you were able to tell your mother you loved her. I sense that and the fact she passed away peacefully will help lighten the sadness her passing has left you with. I wish you all peace and happiness and pray God puts your affairs in order. Ameen.

Sis Lameesa, may Allah grant your mother speedy recovery and restore her health to the best state. Ameen.

nadia85
01-27-2009, 05:50 PM
thanks for sharing god bless you take care

Woodrow
01-27-2009, 05:56 PM
I am sorry to hear about your Mother Gene. May things be easy for you and may you find comfort and be able to turn your grief into times of fond memories.

Whatsthepoint
01-27-2009, 07:57 PM
My condolences, Grace Seeker, Gene.
Perhaps she's gone to a better place.

Patience7
01-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Hi Graceseeker

i just saw this thread...i'm sorry for ur loss imsad
may God help u through this difficult time and ease ur pain...ameen

format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah

Sis Lameesa, may Allah grant your mother speedy recovery and restore her health to the best state. Ameen.
Ameen

peace

Danah
01-27-2009, 10:17 PM
hi Graceseeker
I am sorry to hear about your mother
May allah make times easy for you

Zahida
01-27-2009, 10:24 PM
:sl:imsad Sorry Graceseeker for your loss. May Allah give you patience and strength, May Allah guide you and shower you with His love and Blessings.......... Ameen..

At last your mother can rest in peace and you were both content with each other and reconciled on any differences you may have had.

Take care......:w:

north_malaysian
01-28-2009, 12:53 AM
Sorry to hear about your mother... please accept my condolences...

May God give strength to you and your family...

-Elle-
01-28-2009, 01:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Thank you for sharing your story, Grace Seeker.

It sounds like you learned much about your mom in those recent days.
And how beautiful that you said your goodbyes in peace, love and reconciliation.

God bless.
beautifully said.

my deepest condolescences grace seeker...

Stay strong and know that everything is meant to happen in it's own time... surround yourself by loved ones or take some time alone if that's what helps ease the hurt you are feeling...just know that a large number of people(including everyone here on LI!) are here for you and care about you.

Peace.

Yanal
01-28-2009, 02:20 AM
Star, she's gone now. Anyway thanks for informing us and hope you can endure all that cones you way now.

Ansariyah
01-28-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm sorry to hear thisimsad I just saw this thread.
May Allah grant u strength & patience to bear the most painful loss I can ever imagine. ameen.

Al-Zaara
02-04-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, Grace. I hope she's in a better place and it makes me smile to see how you could be there for her during her last days. Many would give anything for just that.

I hope and pray your faith in God stays strong and that you can continue to explore and enjoy life with your loved ones.

Peace

Lonely Gal
02-04-2009, 04:31 PM
sorry to hear about your loss...May she rest in peace..

Muezzin
02-05-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, Gene.

May she rest in peace.

Be strong.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.