/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I want a beard

anonymous
12-31-2008, 07:43 AM
Salaamalakyum

I've read and watched many lectures that state that keeping a beard is fard.
Also i read a thread on this forum that had a verse from the Quran that said we should follow the sunnah of the prophet. For this reason i have decided to keep a beard. But the thing is im 17 atm and well my facial hair is there but it hasnt filled in theres still a few gaps but i could still keep a beard if i let it go i think. My family is muslim but i don't know what they would say etc
Ive started praying alhumdulilah also. What do you guys think i should do?
I think a lot of people in my college will say stuff also.

Should i keep a beard at this age?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
12-31-2008, 08:53 AM
:sl:
grow it ahkee :thumbs_up

keep looking forward, and dont look back.

everyone will have something to complain about. seriously it isn't exclusive to the beard/hijaab. they may look down on you-don't worry about it, they're are the ones at lost-or they may think its cool. seriously, i know a girl who put on the hijab in the middle of high school, and people thought it was cool.

Muslim Knight
12-31-2008, 09:16 AM
keep massaging virgin olive oil onto your chin, they will spurt out and grow into a beard soon

crayon
12-31-2008, 12:27 PM
I want a beard too...
Oh, wait...:-[

Brother, don't worry about what other people think of you, this is something between you and your lord, the opinions of other people don't come into the equation.:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
12-31-2008, 01:01 PM
assalamu alaikum

loooaaads of people grow beard at that age!

you know how badly i wish i had a virgin beard bro! but i started at 18 :( !

trust me the sooner you grow it the more BEAUTIFUL IT IS LATER ON!

if i was you i would take the chance n grow it RIGHT NOW!

please Allah and enjoy beautiful soft hair right under your chin :D

Whatsthepoint
12-31-2008, 02:44 PM
Not dense enough beards can be slightly odd.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-31-2008, 02:53 PM
^ odd in a beautiful way *nudges* :p

Cabdullahi
12-31-2008, 03:04 PM
im trying to grow a beard but at 19 ive just got lamb chop side burns...something like elvis

Ar-RaYYan
12-31-2008, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
I want a beard too...
Oh, wait...:-[

Brother, don't worry about what other people think of you, this is something between you and your lord, the opinions of other people don't come into the equation.:)
A hijabi with a beard hmm i can just imagine how it will turn out :Evil:

Anywas brother i think you should go for it :peace:
don't worry about people as they will always have something to say and concentrate on pleasing Allah coz thats why we are here!

Whatsthepoint
12-31-2008, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ar-RaYYan
A hijabi with a beard hmm i can just imagine how it will turn out :Evil:

Cabdullahi
12-31-2008, 03:28 PM
thats bad ^

Whatsthepoint
12-31-2008, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by J.U.N.I.O.R
thats bad ^
Yep, blue is not the color to wear with a brown beard.

crayon
12-31-2008, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Yep, blue is not the color to wear with a brown beard.
Oh no worries, I'd make sure to color coordinate, it would turn out lovely!:coolious:

themuffinman
01-01-2009, 03:39 AM
lol im turning 20 in a couple of months and i only grow alil bit of hair on my chin.....none anywhere els what so ever so i kept a lil gotee short and trimmed...looks pretty good lol, but would this count as a beard i wonder>

Snowflake
01-02-2009, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Salaamalakyum

I've read and watched many lectures that state that keeping a beard is fard.
Also i read a thread on this forum that had a verse from the Quran that said we should follow the sunnah of the prophet. For this reason i have decided to keep a beard. But the thing is im 17 atm and well my facial hair is there but it hasnt filled in theres still a few gaps but i could still keep a beard if i let it go i think. My family is muslim but i don't know what they would say etc
Ive started praying alhumdulilah also. What do you guys think i should do?

MashaAllah go for it lil bro! My friends two sons have got virgin beards. They look beautiful mashaAllah. There is something so special about never having shaved your beard. I'm praying my son keeps his. I will cry if he didn't.

pious believer
01-02-2009, 04:34 PM
go for it!
impress your lord, its a test of obedience :smile:

alcurad
01-02-2009, 04:38 PM
it's sunnah not fard, do it if you want to, don't do it if you don't want to.

pious believer
01-02-2009, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
it's sunnah not fard, do it if you want to, don't do it if you don't want to.
ofcourse its FARD, we are commanded to obey the prophet saw in every way,On the authority of Ibn 'Umar (radhi-yallaahu 'anhumaa), the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) said:
"Differ from the mushrikoon and leave the beards (to grow) and trim the moustaches"
if you dont grow a beard your going against the prophet saw.:peace:

BlackMamba
01-02-2009, 05:44 PM
^So have all sunnahs just become fard?

pious believer
01-02-2009, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
^So have all sunnahs just become fard?
nope, just lazy people coming up with lame excuses, to avoid fards.

Snowflake
01-02-2009, 06:37 PM
^my bro, as you know sunnah simply means 'the way of the Prophet'. But if the Prophet commanded us to do something and Allah told us to obey the Prophet then it becomes obligatory to obey that command.

Someone correct me If I'm wrong.

alcurad
01-02-2009, 06:42 PM
I do have a beard at that, the issue here is that that single hadeeth mentioned above is not enough to make it fard. so not growing a beard is akin to not praying? praying is fard too.. you're going to burn in hell because you didn't grow a beard?
that hadeeth had a time and place it was said in, it's not necessarily a command for all time. besides don't the non muslims grow beards and trim mustaches? what's the differentiating then..

Yanal
01-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Asalam A'lakum Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh .

What do you guys think i should do?
Brother My advice to you is to grow a beard as you will be recognized as a Muslim.

Just ignore them , if the people that mock your beard and they are Muslims don't be afraid to tell them that " I am a true Muslim and my beard is my dignity. If they ignore that, don't talk to them but also don't show anger because anger comes from the temptation of the Shytaan.
Yes you should it will recognize you on the day of judgement.
Your Brother In Islam, Yanal.

pious believer
01-02-2009, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
I do have a beard at that, the issue here is that that single hadeeth mentioned above is not enough to make it fard. so not growing a beard is akin to not praying? praying is fard too.. you're going to burn in hell because you didn't grow a beard?
that hadeeth had a time and place it was said in, it's not necessarily a command for all time. besides don't the non muslims grow beards and trim mustaches? what's the differentiating then..
why doesnt it? its a command from the prophet saw, and Allah told us to obey him, so yes it does make it fard.
its like this bro, your going to hell cos you disobeyed the messenger of Allah.

nebula
01-02-2009, 07:44 PM
keeping a beard is FARD! 100%

Do some research on it and dont just say random opinions and stuff you don't have any knowledge about. You'll find that it is FARD, there are different types of sunnahs i believe,

1's that are highly recommended that you do them but there is no punishment if you dont do them.

And others that are commanded that you do it and there is a punishment if you dont do them.

By obeying the Prophet Muhammed PBUH you are obeying ALLAH swt.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.