/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I was thinking

AnonymousPoster
12-31-2008, 09:10 AM
i was thinking that maybe (in my local community) we should start some kinda food relief, etc for the Muslims suffering world wide, and so now i need your help with some ideas lol :D

ok, so first i was thinking that we need someone trustworthy (maybe the local imam)

then go through a trustworthy organization (or just through someone we know who happens to be traveling overseas, etc)

then we set up some kinda "booth" where people drop off what they want send to the needy places.

hmm, thats all ive thought of for now

and also, im worried that the aid, etc may not reach them/or the food, etc will go off :X

so what do you guys think. your ideas, thoughts are needed pls :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tanya Khan
12-31-2008, 12:46 PM
Wow, MashAllah thats a great idea. May Allah SWT reward your efforts. Ameen. :)

I wouldn't know where to start though :-[ but I would be more than willing to help. Where are you based, location?

IbnAbdulHakim
12-31-2008, 01:00 PM
hmm about the person going overseas, you cant expect him to give up his own luggage capacity so you gnna have to sort out the expenditures of sending it.

but its a good idea.

booth - man overseas- booth in other country to distribute!

sounds flawless :thumbs_up

unless the man is not trustworthy :uuh:

Assalamu Alaikum

AnonymousPoster
01-01-2009, 08:05 AM
thanks for your inputs :)
format_quote Originally Posted by Tanya Khan
Wow, MashAllah thats a great idea. May Allah SWT reward your efforts. Ameen. :)
I wouldn't know where to start though :-[ but I would be more than willing to help. Where are you based, location?
thanks, but i just wanna keep it community based for now :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
hmm about the person going overseas, you cant expect him to give up his own luggage capacity so you gnna have to sort out the expenditures of sending it.
lol, yh i didnt think of that.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
01-01-2009, 10:17 PM
what country are you in?

what do you mean by food 'going off'. It's not going to be cooked food lol.

But depending on the country you want to help, isn't it better to collect money and send a person there to buy the food there. It'd be cheaper and more people can be helped plus no shipping costs.

It's a great idea though mashaAllah. May Allah give you tawfeek to carry it out inshaAllah. Ameen

Cabdullahi
01-01-2009, 10:23 PM
its great :)

Zahida
01-01-2009, 10:37 PM
:sl: Good idea. May Allah reward you for it. There are alot of foundations............. Islamic Aid, Ehdi Foundation, maybe you could get in touch with them and see where you can take this.

In the earthquake in Pakistan. My husbands family were there so we were able to send money to them and they brought food blankets etc and delivered the goods themselves, which made us feel better. It is wrong to mistrust someone but when you give to charity you want to be sure that it reaches the destination.

Watching the news this evening there were horrific images of the children in gazaimsad. I felt like i wanted to do something physical to help them my tears were not enough.imsad:w:

j50yab
01-01-2009, 11:04 PM

Hi

I think that you should concentrate on collection i.e. clothes, food, toiletries, and money then use a trusted organisation like Interpal, Muslim Aid etc to distribute what you have collected.

I help run a youth club, and we recently raised approx £600 just by the families bringing in a dish they made at home and selling it on the night.

Another idea is to ask families to decorate shoe boxes and and fill them with things like staionery, toiletries, baby clothes or sweets so that they can be distributed on Eid day - Muslim Aid will distribute these in other countries.

The distribution side can get complictaed so best leave that to the registered charities.

Hope this helps.

Fishman
01-01-2009, 11:10 PM
:sl:
Can you take food into other countries on planes, or does that violate some kind of customs law?
:w:

Muzzy
01-01-2009, 11:15 PM
That is a great idea. The local imam will be good but might be busy with other hinge if that happens who will you consult for this matter? So it is mainly a food bank sort of thing. You need to decide what days will they be open, the timings and how will you advertise this food drive.

Snowflake
01-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Fishman bro has raised a good question. So do get info on it inshaAllah.

Also, sometime ago, I raised some money for a project which I wasn't able to go ahead with single-handedly. And no one shared my enthusiasm to help. As it happens the money I raised is sitting there doing nothing. I feel guilty giving it to another cause, but I can't keep it either as it's not mine. And worse I feel sick to think ppl had paid thinking it will go 'my project' and it hasn't. I don't know who these people were or I'd give it back. But I left the charity box in a shop so I havent a clue. What shall I do? If I could give it away, I'd give it to your cause. Is it allowed?

AnonymousPoster
01-04-2009, 09:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by j50yab
Hi

I think that you should concentrate on collection i.e. clothes, food, toiletries, and money then use a trusted organisation like Interpal, Muslim Aid etc to distribute what you have collected.

I help run a youth club, and we recently raised approx £600 just by the families bringing in a dish they made at home and selling it on the night.

Another idea is to ask families to decorate shoe boxes and and fill them with things like staionery, toiletries, baby clothes or sweets so that they can be distributed on Eid day - Muslim Aid will distribute these in other countries.

The distribution side can get complictaed so best leave that to the registered charities.

Hope this helps.
what a great idea!!! :D

format_quote Originally Posted by Muzzy
That is a great idea. The local imam will be good but might be busy with other hinge if that happens who will you consult for this matter? So it is mainly a food bank sort of thing. You need to decide what days will they be open, the timings and how will you advertise this food drive.
yh, if the imam isnt around, i would want him specifically to appoint someone. i only would like going through the imam because everyone knows and trusts him.

format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Fishman bro has raised a good question. So do get info on it inshaAllah.

Also, sometime ago, I raised some money for a project which I wasn't able to go ahead with single-handedly. And no one shared my enthusiasm to help. As it happens the money I raised is sitting there doing nothing. I feel guilty giving it to another cause, but I can't keep it either as it's not mine. And worse I feel sick to think ppl had paid thinking it will go 'my project' and it hasn't. I don't know who these people were or I'd give it back. But I left the charity box in a shop so I havent a clue. What shall I do? If I could give it away, I'd give it to your cause. Is it allowed?
i appreciate your helping hand sis, but im still at the "drawing boards" with this. so step by step, inshallah :)
but cant you send it through a Muslim organization :?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.