/* */

PDA

View Full Version : looking for aqeedah and history programs

anonymous
12-31-2008, 10:06 AM
Assalamu alaykum.

Iam after a program (online or through correspondence, etc) where Aqeedah is taught.
This Aqeedah program must conform with the aqeedah of ahl -ussunnah wal jamaaah and must also (if possible) include a study of deviant sects and their refutation.

Im also looking for a program to study the the seerah of the prophet (sallahu aleyhi wa sallam)/his compaions, etc, the history of the mathhabs, biographies of imams of ahl us-sunnah al jamaah, the spreading of islam all over the world, etc

So can anyone please direct me to such :D
and also, if anyone has studies such, could you please tell me at what level/harship etc it was taught.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
12-31-2008, 02:14 PM
1. 'Aqeedah

Kitaab At Tawheed by Yasir Qadhi.

Kitaab at-Tawheed - Chapter 01

Kitaab at-Tawheed - Chapters 02-04

Kitaab at-Tawheed - Chapter 05-07

Kitaab at-Tawheed - Chapter 08-11

Kitaab at-Tawheed - Chapter 12-16

Kitaab at-Tawheed - Chapter 17-19

Kitaab at-Tawheed - Chapter 20-23

Kitaab at-Tawheed - Chapter 24-27

Kitaab at-Tawheed - Chapter 28-30

Kitaab at-Tawheed - Chapter 31-33

Kitaab at-Tawheed - Chapter 34-37

Kitaab at-Tawheed - Chapter 38-41

Kitaab at-Tawheed - Chapter 42-47

Kitaab at-Tawheed - Chapter 48-49

Kitaab at-Tawheed - Chapter 50-57

Kitaab at-Tawheed - Chapter 58-60

Kitaab at-Tawheed - Chapter 61-63

Kitaab at-Tawheed - Chapter 64-67

2. Biography of the Imams

The Four Great Imams

In this series, Dr. Hesham, Al-Awadi depicts the lives of the four great Imams. He beautifully describes their lives as students, scholars and members of society. Dr. Hesham will take you along an inspirational journey through the life and genius of Imam Abu Hanifah, the dignity of Imam Malik, the talents of Imam al-Shafi'i and the steadfastness of Imam Ahmad. Dr. Hisham succeeds in presenting the Imams in a manner that allows the listener to relate to them, and consequently benefit from their great lives regardless of whether the listener is--or aspires to be--a scholar or not. According to the Quranic injunctions this is the most important objective of presenting history. This series belongs to a category of Islamic knowledge that is among the most needed: The knowledge that attempts to revive the Muslim identity and connect the Muslims to their rich heritage.

CD 1 | CD 2 | CD 3 | CD 4 | CD 5 | CD 6 | CD 7 | CD 8 | CD 9 | CD 10 | CD 11 | CD 12 | CD 13 |

3. History of Sects

Deviation of the Ummah: Past and Present

By Bilal Philips

Throughout time man has deviated. The people who were alive during the time of the prophets before the Prophet Muhammad (saw) deviated just as those who are alive now deviate. So, as a result deviation is nothing new. However, we may extract benefit from the mistakes of the past. This presentation is meant to inform us of the various types of deviation which have occurred, so their mistakes will not be repeated. This lecture is also a source of historical reference material.

Track 1 | Track 2 | Track 3 | Track 4 | Track 5 | Track 6 | Track 7 | Track 8

Track 9 | Track 10 | Track 11 | Track 12 | Track 13 | Track 14 | Track 15 | Track 16

| Track 17 | Track 18 |

Devil's Deception: History of the Sects

By Waleed Basyouni. The Devil's Deception series teaches the history of Islam from a unique perspective: through the history of the deviant sects. It is how the eternal enemy of mankind tries to decieve people with philosophy, eloquency etc... The 1st volume of the Devils Deception series deals with the history of the sects by giving an overview of the roots and reasons for sects to form within a religion, followed by detailed descriptions of the two main deviant sects, the Khawaarij and the Shi'ah. In the 2nd volume, Sheikh Waleed Al-Basyouni speaks about the reasons behind the origins of the sects of old time such as the Jahmiyyah, Mu'tazilah, etc. He continues by connecting their philosophies with the foundation of the widely popular 'Ashariyyah belief. The Sheikh also gives the brief biographies of the founders of these sects. All these once again remind us of the Prophet's words: "Indeed the children of Isra'eel split up into 72 sects, and my ummah will split up into 73 sects; all of them are in the Fire, except one." It was said, "Who is the [saved] one?" He replied, "That which I and my Companions are upon." When the believer listens to this prediction from the Prophet , he should try to exert his best effort to be on the true path (by knowing what the truth is, and at the same time knowing what the reasons were behind some groups of people falling into serious mistakes).

Volume 1
(Right click and save target as)
CD 1 | CD 2 | CD 3 | CD 4 | CD 5 | CD 6 | CD 7 | CD 8 | CD 9 |

Volume 2
(Right click and save target as)
CD 1 | CD 2 | CD 3 | CD 4

4. Seerah of Prophet Muhammad

Life of Muhammad (saw)-Makkan Period

By Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six
Part Seven
Part Eight
Part Nine
Part Ten
Part Eleven
Part Twelve
Part Thirteen
Part Fourteen
Part Fifteen
Part Sixteen

Life of Muhammad (saw)-Madina Period

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six
Part Seven
Part Eight
Part Nine
Part Ten
Part Eleven
Part Twelve
Part Thirteen
Part Fourteen
Part Fifteen
Part Sixteen
Part Seventeen
Part Eighteen

Please bear in mind that the Second Part of the Madinah Period is yet to be published, as far as I know it should be out sometime soon insha'Allah, as I have already received an official update regarding it.

Yasir Qadhi has also done the seerah on video but I haven't been able to find the audio. Apparently his series is superb. This one is nevertheless also superb.

'Abd-al Latif
12-31-2008, 02:15 PM
You may also find the Lives of Abu Bakr and 'Umar by anwar awlaki on www.islambase.info.

anonymous
01-01-2009, 08:50 AM
jazakallahu khair bro, but i was kinda looking for programs with teachers to get me motivated lol :D.
ive tried doing it by myself, but i dont do as much as a i should in a day, and i just demotivate too quikley :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Hanbali
01-01-2009, 09:29 AM
:salamext:

Well there are some free online courses available if you're interested ?

anonymous
01-01-2009, 09:40 AM
yeah akhee, feel free to post :)

Al-Hanbali
01-01-2009, 09:48 AM
:salamext:

http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com

^ It's run by Dr. Bilal Phillips. Free courses --> http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.c...id=5&Itemid=11

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.