/* */

PDA

View Full Version : NonMuslim-Librarian

AnonymousPoster
12-31-2008, 08:53 PM
:sl:

At my school, at the library there is a guy (he's not Muslim). He's usually the one who's in charge of books being taken out. Whenever I go up there, He will delay me, make me stand there, come up with awkward excuses about the books, just so he can stare at me. I am not really the type of a Girl that chats people up, I am actually pretty serious, n I limit my talking to a zero around guys pretty much.

I told my best friend. She said.."he never does that to me".

Couple of days ago, he said this to me "you know I really see why the men wrap you all up like that..I mean you are so beautiful, but u are covering, imagine what would happen if u weren't all wrapped up. I really get ur men. They sure know how to keep their women hidden eh." Smart men..

I was like waaat..I couldn't believe what he said. I thought this can't go on, this is my opportunity to straighten this guy out. I told him that I cover for Allah, and not for the men in my family, and that as a matter of fact I choose to wear it n no man ever asked me to.

After that I left not leaving any room for any chit chatting.

On another day, he walked up to me and goes "So tell me, what are my chances"?

I really didn't get wat he was on about, until he further tells me " Well, I have fallen, I am willing to do all it takes, wat are my chances"? Will u ever accept me? I don't mind even converting? I am not kidding..

My friend is telling me to give him Islamic books, and teach him Islam that way.

When I don't go to the library he will ask my friend where I am. He even wrote me a letter that I found in my book. He's telling how he's fallen in love with me, that never in his wildest dreams did he ever imagine that he would be interested in a Muslim girl etc. That he would give up everything he owns to have my eye contact..Which I never do. I don't look down, I just mastered a nice way to look away without looking rude.

The letter seriously freaked me out..how can he love me?

I really don't know what to do...I can't keep avoiding the library. I feel emberrassed.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
01-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Tell him you're not interested.

If that doesn't work, tell him to get lost.
If that doesn't work, tell him this is called harassment and if he doesn't stop you'll report him to his superior.
If that doesn't work, report him to his boss.
If that doesn't work, cyanide can do the trick.

Umar001
01-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem,

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah,

Becareful of this man! If you were my daughter I wouldn't let you go anywhere near this place without someone strong enough to help you. For all you know he could try overpower you and abuse you.

He is most likely not in love but wants to have ... with you and just use you, be careful of his words.

There are some whose words are so sweet, and his passion will make you think he likes you, then before you know it he is finished with you and on his way, please becareful.

Get your dad to speak to him, or your brother.

What country do you live in? If you live in London, go to the masjid and get the Imam to get some (respectable) brothers and go speak to him. Personally I would not give him any books sister he may see it as a come on, i.e. "She likes me, thats why she gave me the books so I can convert and then she can marry me" Then he would try sweet talk you so he can have what he wants before marriage.

Sorry for being blunt.

Br.al-Habeshi

Muezzin
01-01-2009, 12:29 PM
He's a school librarian, right? If his behaviour is how you describe, it is misconduct for which he could lose his job.

Don't feel embarassed, though it's perfectly understandable why you would. He is the one acting inappropriately.

If he doesn't leave you alone, tell one of his superiors (not just library staff, but the school staff, year head etc).

Whether you warn him or not is your prerogative.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
01-01-2009, 06:46 PM
You should get Islamic books and have someone (preferably a brother) send it to him anyway, but not for any deviant purpose in his head simply for the sake of Allah swt..

and Allah knows best

:w:

Argamemnon
01-01-2009, 07:46 PM
How can you convert for the person you love? There is no Hindu (Buddhist etc.) woman on earth who could convert me. What nonsense. I don't believe him. I challenge the most beautiful Christian, Jewish, Hindu and Buddhist women to convert me, so I can be with them. It can't happen :bump1:

j50yab
01-01-2009, 11:34 PM

The fact that you are in school (in UK that means under 16) and he is working in a library means that he is sexually harrassing a minor.

If he wants to convert to Islam send him to the local mosque and see how serious he is. Plus the fact that he is in a library, surely he can get his own books about Islam.

I suggest you avoid him and use the public library.

If he continues to harrass you, call the police!

BlissfullyJaded
01-01-2009, 11:40 PM

You should use his letter against him and tell your parents about it and then inform the administration at the library using the letter as your proof of his harassment.

May Allah protect you from harm and grant you all that is good. Ameen!

Tony
01-01-2009, 11:47 PM
He is a selfish man with one thing on his mind, I advise that you send a brother with Islamic books, that way you have done what you can for him in the eyes of Allah. If there is a Muslim lecturer at your school I would consider telling them so that you have confided in a person in authority that can appreciate better your situation, if he is popping letters in your books, its just plain creepy and is not normal behaviour. This warrants harrassment and you should notify your principal if it continues and consider police action. Dont allow this man to bully or cajole you, you really dont know what he is capable of. The bottom line is TELL SOMEONE. May Allah protect and guide you sister

AnonymousPoster
01-02-2009, 10:45 PM
I'm not from the Uk. If I make a complaint, won't he lose his job?

Ummu Sufyaan
01-04-2009, 09:20 AM
wa alaykum us-salaam :)

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

I was like waaat..I couldn't believe what he said. I thought this can't go on, this is my opportunity to straighten this guy out. I told him that I cover for Allah, and not for the men in my family, and that as a matter of fact I choose to wear it n no man ever asked me to.
no dont even say a thing to him. he just sees it as you giving him attention. *shivers* just completely IGNORE him :)

On another day, he walked up to me and goes "So tell me, what are my chances"?

I really didn't get wat he was on about, until he further tells me " Well, I have fallen, I am willing to do all it takes, wat are my chances"? Will u ever accept me? I don't mind even converting? I am not kidding..

My friend is telling me to give him Islamic books, and teach him Islam that way.
no!!! just ignore him. imsad

He's telling how he's fallen in love with me, that never in his wildest dreams did he ever imagine that he would be interested in a Muslim girl etc. That he would give up everything he owns to have my eye contact..Which I never do. I don't look down, I just mastered a nice way to look away without looking rude.

The letter seriously freaked me out..how can he love me?
i think he's fooling ya to make you emotioanlly weak, and grab your attention :rolleyes:
get your dad on to him. no joke! :D i feel like like giving him a piece of my mind myself lol

I really don't know what to do...I can't keep avoiding the library. I feel emberrassed.
ukhtee, dont let him get away with this.
ukhtee, who cares if he loses his job, its his own fault. stop being so nice, and just stab him already :p nah, but dont take it sitting down. :D

eww, yuk!!! what a creepy weirdo!!! +o(+o(+o(

I advise that you send a brother with Islamic books, that way you have done what you can for him in the eyes of Allah.
i disagree. he'll probably take it that she "cares for him"

qassy!
01-04-2009, 04:08 PM
I would go up to head teacher explaing everything and showing the letter. If your in the UK, i know this will be taken seriously. Your still in school so im asuming ur order 16?Im seriously concerned about your safety more then anything

Just tell your headteacher!

just read your not in the UK so i dont know how it would work in the country your in. Is it a developed country your staying in like USA or something? Any what if he looses his job? but it wont happen over night, the governing body of the school will start an investigation as theirs no "real" evidence of this happening they would use CCTV etc etc 2 try and investigate!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.