PDA

View Full Version : Gaza!!

Ashjan95
12-31-2008, 09:04 PM
:sl:

salaam people

i wanted to make this thread about GAZA after watching the news
it made me feel so sad and depressed about those poor people there
so i think we should make Duaa for them and tel allah to protect them....

MAy ALLAH hElP aLl tHe pEoPLe In GaZa AnD heLP thE frOm AlL tHe DanGeR
aND leT FrEe FrOm ThE WaR yA RAB ..................AMEEN YA RAB EL ALMEEN:cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Taalibah~
01-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Ameen!

Argamemnon
01-01-2009, 03:09 PM
People in Gaza live isolated from the rest of the world in inhuman conditions. The world regards Hamas as a terrorist organisation, hence Gaza is boycotted by the international community. Israel controls who gets in and out, it's like a prison. It is almost entirely dependent on aid by the United Nations!

Ashjan95
01-01-2009, 03:21 PM
^^true brother wallah i feel sorry for them may allah help them inshlaah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
01-01-2009, 03:34 PM
:cry:

ameen

plzzzzzzzzz keep praying everyone.. it'd be a miracle if the ummah woke up to defend our brothers and sisters. so it seems we have nothing but prayer to rely on. May Allah relieve our brothers and sisters of their suffering and smite the enemy with his destruction. Ameen.

highway_trekker
01-02-2009, 06:42 PM
*bump*

aameen!

~Taalibah~
01-02-2009, 07:41 PM
I didnt see it on bbc, but my friend told me they are bringing tanks in tonight.
May Allah Ta'aala Sabotage their attempt and aid my Muslim brothers and sisters!

Cabdullahi
01-02-2009, 07:58 PM
dont fricken watch the bbc!!,watch other channels aljazeera english is okayish,you can view it live on the web http://english.aljazeera.net/

Whatsthepoint
01-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Aljazeera English proved to be exceptionally objective in this case.

~Taalibah~
01-02-2009, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by J.U.N.I.O.R
dont fricken watch the bbc!!,watch other channels aljazeera english is okayish,you can view it live on the web http://english.aljazeera.net/
I dont watch it, i read it- online. And i'm not restricted to it nor believe all they produce. I was about to ask my father what islamic sites can i go to for good news.
Jazakallah for the link, bro.

Cabdullahi
01-02-2009, 08:31 PM
no problem sister :)

Intisar
01-02-2009, 08:34 PM
:w: Ameen yaa Allaah!

Boycott Israel, boycott companies funding the Israeli army to kill the Muslimeen in Falisteen.

~Taalibah~
01-02-2009, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameena*
:w: Ameen yaa Allaah!

Boycott Israel, boycott companies funding the Israeli army to kill the Muslimeen in Falisteen.
Thats for sure! We must try.

Junior:thumbs_up

islamirama
01-02-2009, 09:59 PM
we have a thread highlighting on the holocaust being committed on Gaza by a terrorist regime while the world stands silent allowing it to go on.

http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...ml#post1073105

islamirama
01-02-2009, 10:01 PM
here's some good news links

http://www.freewebs.com/dawaah/news.htm

Ashjan95
01-03-2009, 08:11 PM
SALAAM

today in liverpool there were thousands of people that went on strike for the people in palastine it was amazing i wasnt there but i seen it on the NEWSPAPER today but my mum and sister were there and pluse in our arabic skool we are doing a found rasing for palastine tomorrow on sunday i cnt wait ............

Ummu Sufyaan
01-04-2009, 10:05 AM
and presstv also: http://www.presstv.ir/

although im not sure that it has live coverage, etc through the net.

Olive
01-04-2009, 10:12 AM
May Allah give the Palestinians victory and shame the oppressors, they way He shamed the Pharoah.

Trumble
01-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Has anybody actually seen anything in the BBC (or ITN/Ch 4) coverage that could be considered biased in favour of the Israelis or is this just a knee-jerk thing? I certainly haven't.

onionpants
01-04-2009, 11:43 AM
The Israelis have a Jewish state and are repressing the Muslims. If the Palestinians had their way, it would be a Muslim state and they'd be repressing the Jews. Why don't they just make the entire region one big country that sponsors no religion? And allow everyone the right to privatly practice whatever religion they want, or no religion at all?

Won't happen because each side looks down upon the other for not believing in the same things they do. So it's likely the Israelis will continue treating the Palestinians like sub-humans, and the Palestinians will continue blowing up Israeli children and grandmothers.

Whatsthepoint
01-04-2009, 11:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by onionpants
The Israelis have a Jewish state and are repressing the Muslims. If the Palestinians had their way, it would be a Muslim state and they'd be repressing the Jews. Why don't they just make the entire region one big country that sponsors no religion? And allow everyone the right to privatly practice whatever religion they want, or no religion at all?

Won't happen because each side looks down upon the other for not believing in the same things they do. So it's likely the Israelis will continue treating the Palestinians like sub-humans, and the Palestinians will continue blowing up Israeli children and grandmothers.
Won't happen because Palestinians will outnumber the Jews by a factor of 2 to 1 in a couple of decades.

Banu_Hashim
01-04-2009, 12:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hanz
^ Typical.

Do you not understand that this life is a test? Can't you see that Allah is testing the Palestinians and He is testing the rest of us to see how much we can do to help them.

Also, the Israel are oppressing the Palestinians and Allah is just giving them time, like He did with previous oppressive nations. Then He will seize them and they will be humiliated.
That's very true. Do not think Allah (swt) has abandoned the people of Gaza. He gives the opressors time, just as Hanz said.

Trumble
01-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Won't happen because each side looks down upon the other for not believing in the same things they do.
Yet again, this is not about what anybody believes, at least in that sense. It is about who should be living where.

sister herb
01-04-2009, 12:29 PM

"If you enter Gaza, the children will collect your flesh and the remains of your tanks which will be spread out through the streets."

spokesman of Ezzedeen Al-Qassam Brigadesh

Gilad Shalith have got friends to him already

:bump1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbuUW3MR4Dc&NR=1

glo
01-04-2009, 12:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb

"If you enter Gaza, the children will collect your flesh and the remains of your tanks which will be spread out through the streets."

spokesman of Ezzedeen Al-Qassam Brigadesh
How can peace ever come to the Middle east, when things escalate like this? :cry:

Islamirama, the world isn't standing by all so quietly:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7809216.stm

sister herb
01-04-2009, 02:19 PM

Last evening in the north Gaza was bombing mosque during evening praying. How peace can come if people doesn´t respect others even in they holy places?

imsad

Whatsthepoint
01-04-2009, 02:21 PM

Last evening in the north Gaza was bombing mosque during evening praying. How peace can come if people doesn´t respect others even in they holy places?

imsad
The mosque might have been used as a hiding place or a warehouse..

Periwinkle18
01-04-2009, 02:23 PM
But they were praying how can it be a hiding place

IslamicRevival
01-04-2009, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT COMMENT!

I JUST CANNOT! HOW ANYONE CAN JUSTIFY THIS MASSACRE IS JUST SICKENING!

:cry::cry:

MAY HAMAS OBLITERATE ISRAEL!

MAY HAMAS DESTROY ISRAEL!

Periwinkle18
01-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Ameen thumma Ameen :(

Whatsthepoint
01-04-2009, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
But they were praying how can it be a hiding place
all I'm saying is that I'm not gonna condemn or condone Israeli actions before proper information is acquired.

Ansariyah
01-04-2009, 02:48 PM
The State of Weakness:

This state has been described to us, and we have been warned about it clearly and explicitly, leaving no excuse for ignorance. Thawban may Allaah be pleased with him, one of the Prophet’s peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him servants, stated that the Prophet peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him said:

“Soon the nations will call one another against you, just as people call one another to eat from a platter of food.

A man asked: “Will this be because we will be few in number, O Messenger of Allaah?”

He peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him replied: “No, you will be large in number, but you will be ghuthaa’a like the froth scum on the surface of a body of water, and Allaah will remove from the hearts of your enemies their fear of you and shall place in your hearts wahn.”

Those present asked: “What is wahn O Messenger of Allaah?”

He: peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him replied:
“The love of this worldly life and hatred of death.”

glo
01-04-2009, 03:04 PM

imsad
I agree with that too.
Hatred just breeds more hatred, and so the cycle continues ... :cry:

Ali.
01-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Where's the proof?

The_Prince
01-04-2009, 03:24 PM
all I'm saying is that I'm not gonna condemn or condone Israeli actions before proper information is acquired.
500 dead most of them civillians killed in a week, go to hell you and your condemnation, most people in gaza dont have electricity and water now, i am praying the same fate awaits you and your kind, what a good day that will be when you dogs come on here expecting sympathy and condemnation, you deserve everything you get from now on, EVERYTHING.

nebula
01-04-2009, 03:47 PM
I hope Allah grants all the dieing palestinians Jannah and destroys the israelis troops inshallah.

I hope Allah gives Hamas victory.

AMEEN

Wilma_Hum
01-04-2009, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
I hope Allah grants all the dieing palestinians Jannah and destroys the israelis troops inshallah.

AMEEN
Why not hope Allah grants all peace.

Why do people think the only way to peace is to destroy some one else?

sister herb
01-04-2009, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wilma_Hum

We don´t ask to destroy anyone but safe innocents.

Ashjan95
01-04-2009, 06:55 PM
ISRALES ARE JUST NOT THE RIGHT PEOPLE WHY DO THEY HAVE TO DO THAT TO THE POOR AND INCCEONT WOMEN AND CHILDREN AND MEN THAT KNOW WHO ALLAH IS AND FOLLOW THERE DEEN......may ALLAH help them AMEEN.....

~Taalibah~
01-04-2009, 08:54 PM

Peace? Have you seen the outcome of Bush's peace?
Peace talks are all the west talk about and they demonstrate peace by massacre.

islamirama
01-04-2009, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula

AMEEN
Ameen!
Please forward this duaa to the Muslims, to make for our Ummah:

“Allahumma aslih Ummata Muhammad.
Allahumma farrij’an Ummati Muhammad.
Allahuma rahm Ummata Muhammad”

Aameen

“O Allah Improve the state of the Ummah of Muhammad (saw)
O Allah Grant ease to the Ummah of Muhammad (saw)
O Allah Have Mercy on the Ummah of Muhammad (saw)”
This was a Dua of Imam Ma’ruf al-Karkhi, an Imam during the time of the Sahaba (ra).

“Allahuma munzilal kitabi warii’al-hisaabi, inzimil-ahzaaba
Allahuma ihzimhum wa zalzilhum”
Aameen

“O Allah Revealer of the book, swift to account, defeat the groups (who reject faith).

O Allah Defeat them and shake them”

~Taalibah~
01-04-2009, 09:20 PM

imsad
:cry:

*Yasmin*
01-04-2009, 09:31 PM

peace!!
peace can't happen with out land ,the right of return & alquds.

Banu_Hashim
01-04-2009, 10:19 PM

You might think it is easy for the Palestinians to give up and be peacefully content with their strip of land, where they have no food, have no medicine, where everything is blockaded, where raw sewage is flowing into streets, where people dying is an every day occurrence.

And on top of all that, the oppressor, "Israel" who is in effect doing all of this to them, has kicked them out their native land for over 60 years.

Where is the peaceful ideology in the establishment and existence of Israel?

sister herb
01-05-2009, 02:24 AM
Breaking news: Al-Wafa hospital in Gaza City receives a phone call from the IOF warning them that they should evacuate the hospital because it is going to be bombed (by Ma´an news)

Bombing a hospital? WHY? Evacuate it to where when all hospitals of Gaza are already full of victims of massacre...

^o)

Ummu Sufyaan
01-05-2009, 08:02 AM
because the jews/Israelis are pigs...and what do you know, pigs dont have an intellect ^o)

may allah make ghazzah a grave for its enemies

jen.bas
01-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Oh, I hope this devastations will soon come to an end.. I think it's too much, the innocents are the ones who are suffering. :embarrass

~Taalibah~
01-05-2009, 08:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramlah
because the jews/Israelis are pigs...and what do you know, pigs dont have an intellect ^o)

may Allah make ghazzah a grave for its enemies
Ameen!

Pigs are too good a word for the israelis.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-05-2009, 09:09 AM
^ lol ;D

PeaceSeeker
01-05-2009, 09:47 AM
the word israelis or jews itself is a slang, u dnt need to compare anything with themmm...they r cursed nation, the most famous ones in the quran, how many times r they mentioned by Allah subhaanu wa ta'ala in the Quran?

Ummu Sufyaan
01-05-2009, 09:58 AM
If the god Allah really did exist, you would think he would be more powerful than Israel. You would also think he might do something to help the Palestinians. But nope, nothing. Just like the gods of all the other religions. If they exist, they really don't do much of anything.
would you guys just buzz off! these same arguments are in like every thread. just quit polluting everything with your "anti-god." get. over.it!!!

format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Where's the proof?
he doesn't have any...like every other of his kind who wish death with out justice... he's pro Israel remember :rolleyes:

Woodrow
01-05-2009, 10:43 AM
This has reached the point where Israel can no longer claim they are defending themselves.
ON THE ISRAELI-GAZA BORDER — Backed by fire from air, sea and land, Israeli troops and tanks continued to push deeper into Gaza on Monday after rebuffing diplomatic efforts to end the 10-day assault.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/06/wo...html?ref=world

Wilma_Hum
01-05-2009, 01:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
This has reached the point where Israel can no longer claim they are defending themselves.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/06/wo...html?ref=world
Is Hamas still sending rockets into Israel?

Wilma_Hum
01-05-2009, 01:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Yasmin*
peace!!
peace can't happen with out land ,the right of return & alquds.
Peace can't happen with a group who has a stated objective of destroying you.

Woodrow
01-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Yes they are, and they will throw rocks when they run out of rockets. It may not be the most helpful thing for Gaza, but when people are shooting at you, you do tend to shoot back.

I agree that Hamas did help cause this invasion of Gaza, but the oppression that the Palestinians are living under created desperate people and desperate people will try to save themselves.

Gaza was/is a prison camp. The residents constantly lived in fear of having their water and electricity turned off. Medicine was scarce and supplies were constantly blocked in Israel. The residents could not leave and were prisoners in a small section of their own land.

Perhaps turning to Hamas was not the best choice, but it was the only choice the people of Gaza had. People will fight if they have reason to believe their homeland is in danger.

Ashjan95
01-05-2009, 06:10 PM
AMEEN to all the dua's and peace on palastine.....AMEEN

Gator
01-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Perhaps turning to Hamas was not the best choice, but it was the only choice the people of Gaza had. People will fight if they have reason to believe their homeland is in danger.
I think Hamas won (and won big due to the voting structure rather than actual vote), because they were less corrupt than Fatah and showed they could organize civil organizations better (like clinics and schools).

This is what I believe the palestinian people wanted Hamas to do, rather than aggressively pursue the resistance against israel.

But Hamas took it as a mandate to pursue the destruction of israel and, let's face it, Hamas does not really seem to be about political compromise.

Sad, this really has to stop. Israel is out of control and Hamas has to stop giving them the justification for wholesale destruction.

Just my 2 cents.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-06-2009, 08:38 AM
This is what I believe the palestinian people wanted Hamas to do, rather than aggressively pursue the resistance against israel.
exactly. they are the only ones who have the guts to stand up to the enemy.

But Hamas took it as a mandate to pursue the destruction of israel and, let's face it, Hamas does not really seem to be about political compromise.
and why should they!? Israel is not even theres to begin with. why should you compromise with terrorists i.e Israel. isn't this what Bush is always on about! :rolleyes:

north_malaysian
01-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Even Israelis are against the war (and they're like 0.01% of the population though)...

north_malaysian
01-06-2009, 08:58 AM
please sign this petition...

http://www.petitiononline.com/freegaza/petition.html

Periwinkle18
01-06-2009, 09:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian

signed it :)

north_malaysian
01-06-2009, 09:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18

signed it :)
thanks for signing it... please ask your friends and family to do the same too...

we cant go to Gaza and save them... at least we're protesting by signing the petition....

:w:

Periwinkle18
01-06-2009, 01:25 PM
i signed it infront of my frnd so she signed it too anyways i'll mail the link to everyone i know inshaAllah they'll sign it.

Wilma_Hum
01-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Yes they are, and they will throw rocks when they run out of rockets. It may not be the most helpful thing for Gaza, but when people are shooting at you, you do tend to shoot back.

I agree that Hamas did help cause this invasion of Gaza, but the oppression that the Palestinians are living under created desperate people and desperate people will try to save themselves.

Gaza was/is a prison camp. The residents constantly lived in fear of having their water and electricity turned off. Medicine was scarce and supplies were constantly blocked in Israel. The residents could not leave and were prisoners in a small section of their own land.

when people are shooting at you, you do tend to shoot back
My point is that they (Hamas) is not shooting back at those that are shooting at them. They are, as they always have, are shooting into totally civilian, non combatants, non military areas. And they were shooting into those areas when they weren't being shot at.

AhlaamBella
01-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Only 2431 signatures???? we need to get that petition to everyone. I'll post it up on my facebook and email it round InshAllah

crayon
01-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Even Israelis are against the war (and they're like 0.01% of the population though)...
Actually, if the stats on CNN are to be accepted, 85% of Israeli citizens support the attacks against Gaza, while 42% support the ground invasion.

Woodrow
01-06-2009, 03:11 PM
My point is that they (Hamas) is not shooting back at those that are shooting at them. They are, as they always have, are shooting into totally civilian, non combatants, non military areas. And they were shooting into those areas when they weren't being shot at.
I will not deny that. It is true.

But like all coins there are two sides to it. In Israel you can not separate Military/Civilian All Israelis are soldiers. Perhaps not willing. But it is impossible for a Palestinian to see an Israeli as not being a soldier.

The Israelis see the Palestinians with the same perspective, Palestinian=hamas soldier.

Now with that attitude and the pressure on Gaza for the past 50+ years, the Palestinians are like trapped prisoners from the moment they are born. We now have an entire generation of Palestinians who have lived their entire life trapped in Gaza.

The recent ancestors of the modern day Israeli came mostly from Europe and Russia. They did not speak Hebrew or Arabic when they came in 1947, they were Poles, Germans and Russians. They are not of a semitic race, they are slavic and teutonic. They had no right to Palestine. It was an invasion.

Add to that the fact that many Israelis now profess to be atheists and the result is built up hatred for 62 years.

Jewish atheism is practiced by atheists who are ethnically Jewish and members of the Jewish people. Because Jewishness encompasses ethnic as well as religious components, the term "Jewish atheism" does not necessarily imply any kind of contradiction. Based on Jewish law's emphasis on matrilineal descent, Orthodox Jewish authorities would accept as fully Jewish an atheist with a Jewish mother.[1]
Contents
[hide]

Jewish atheism and organized Jewish life

There is a long tradition of atheistic and secular Jewish organizations, from the Jewish socialist Bund in early twentieth-century Poland to the modern Society for Humanistic Judaism in the United States.[2] Many Jewish atheists feel comfortable within any of the four major Jewish denominations (Orthodox, Reform, Conservative, and Reconstructionist). This presents less of a contradiction than might first seem apparent given Judaism's emphasis on practice over belief, with even mainstream guides to Judaism suggesting that belief in God is not a necessary prerequisite to Jewish observance.[3] However, although all four branches of Judaism count atheists among their members, the presence of entire congregations espousing atheism remains problematic outside of the Society for Humanistic Judaism. The Reform movement, for example, has rejected efforts at affiliation by atheistic temples.[4]

Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheist_Jew
Add to this the fact that Israel is now admittedly 15 to 30% Athiest

Israel 6,199,000 15 - 37% 929,850 - 2,293,630

Source:http://www.adherents.com/largecom/com_atheist.html

The Israelis expressed their hatred of Palestinians by forcing them into ghettos and small isolated ares, denied them jobs and destroyed their farmland. The Palestinians expressed their hatred by throwing rocks and graduating up to crude rockets.

None of this is right. But, it is difficult to blame the Palestinians.

Can you blame Chief Sitting Bull and the Lakota Sioux for the massacre of Custer and the entire 9th cavalry at "Little Bighorn? Can you blame the Native Americans for fighting the white settlers and only ending when they could no longer fight. (Although some of my Lakota friends, still think they can continue fighting the white invaders)

Who is right and who is wrong in Israel/Palestine will depend on from which side of the fence you look. From the Palestinian perspective Israelis are invaders that even drove out the Arab Jews and Arab Christians along with occupying Arab land.

The Evangelical Christian view seems to be that the Jews are the rightful owners of the land. However, if I recall the Bible states their will be no Jewish homeland until the rebuilding of the temple. So does this mean the Bible is wrong or does it mean these Israeli invaders are not Jews?

Because of a stupid decision in 1947 we now have two ideologically opposed groups each who believes they have the right to the land and the other is evil.

The solution? Don't ask me, I am not a Henry Kissinger wannabe.

~Taalibah~
01-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Another petition
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...d.cgi?gaza2812

Najm
01-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Peace...

Is Israel still Slaughtering Palestinian in their own land ?

Peace...

north_malaysian
01-07-2009, 05:28 AM
I'm not saying that I approved the killings of innocent Israelis.... but we must understand the people of Gaza (including Hamas members)... many of their loved ones are dead, no property, no money, no food, no medication, no life, no hope, no dreams, no anything......

it's not easy to be a suicide bomber unless if you have nothing to lose.... and by creating the largest open air prison in the world... Israel is breeding this kind of people....

Wilma_Hum
01-07-2009, 01:30 PM
But like all coins there are two sides to it.
The solution? Don't ask me, I am not a Henry Kissinger wannabe.
Thank you. Two sides. That is my point. Actually I'm anti-Israel, but that doesn't make me pro shooting rockets at civilian centers.
Reading the posts on the many threads leaves me with the opinion that most only see one side. I don't see any "Good Guys" on either side.

And for a solution, I don't have one either. I just know violence isn't it.

Wilma_Hum
01-07-2009, 01:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najm
Peace...

Is Israel still Slaughtering Palestinian in their own land ?

Peace...
Yes. Do you find that justifies what Hamas does?

Wilma_Hum
01-07-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm not saying that I approved the killings of innocent Israelis.... but we must understand the people of Gaza (including Hamas members)... many of their loved ones are dead, no property, no money, no food, no medication, no life, no hope, no dreams, no anything......

it's not easy to be a suicide bomber unless if you have nothing to lose.... and by creating the largest open air prison in the world... Israel is breeding this kind of people....
I totally agree. As I said to Woodrow, I am anti-Israel, but endless rockets will only make things worse for all. The problem is not what has happened the last two weeks. The problem is what has happened over the last 60+ years.

Violence is not the answer, it is the problem.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-07-2009, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RoseGold
Only 2431 signatures???? we need to get that petition to everyone. I'll post it up on my facebook and email it round InshAllah
now its 3451 Signatures Total

still no where near enough...

IbnAbdulHakim
01-07-2009, 01:59 PM
right now im seriously wondering if the muslims will ever regain power again.

Will we ever have the capacity to stand up for our brothers?

we number in the billions yet zilch

are muslims doomed to getting massacred until Mahdi comes?

~Taalibah~
01-07-2009, 08:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman

He (Imam Mehadi) will come at a time when the world is at its worst. Subhanallah, worst? How much more worse.imsad

Najm
01-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Yes. Do you find that justifies what Hamas does?
Peace...

Yes... Palestinians have been KICKED out of their lands, into a very small section of the land. Hamas do not have control over their borders. They are prisoned in their own land. The blockade by the Israelli Terrorists, have left Hamas to look after 1.5 million. The Gaza strip live on the humanitarian aid and which Israelli Terrorist have FULL CONTROL over. Palestinians can either die of starvation and silence or fight and speak up.

Hamas throws ineffective hand-made rockets. Israelli Terrorists are supplied with worlds best armoury.

How many UN international war rules have each side commited?

P.s Rules at this moment is only defined by the Israel Terrorist, they decide whats legal or not.
Any chance of WAR CRIMES against Israel?

Peace...

Wilma_Hum
01-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Peace...

Yes... Palestinians have been KICKED out of their lands, into a very small section of the land. Hamas do not have control over their borders. They are prisoned in their own land. The blockade by the Israelli Terrorists, have left Hamas to look after 1.5 million. The Gaza strip live on the humanitarian aid and which Israelli Terrorist have FULL CONTROL over. Palestinians can either die of starvation and silence or fight and speak up.

Hamas throws ineffective hand-made rockets. Israelli Terrorists are supplied with worlds best armoury.

How many UN international war rules have each side commited?

P.s Rules at this moment is only defined by the Israel Terrorist, they decide whats legal or not.
Any chance of WAR CRIMES against Israel?

Peace...
You singed off with "Peace" but it is clear that is not your primary objective.

That what I see is the problem. Far too many have victory as there first priority.

As I have said, I don't have a solution but violence will just bring us 60 more years of the same.

I want Peace
Wilma

glo
01-08-2009, 06:30 PM
As I have said, I don't have a solution but violence will just bring us 60 more years of the same.

I want Peace
Wilma
The World Council of Churches has just appealed to Christians everywhere to pray for peace and to advocate with their governments for a just peace in Israel and Palestine.

Rev Samuel Kobia [the WWC general secretary] reiterated the call "for an end to hostilities and a new commitment to a negotiated settlement that will assure a just and lasting peace to both Palestinians and Israelis".

Such a peace "must reinstate the ceasefire on both sides of the border and speed the lifting of Israel's blockade on Gaza," as well as "include respect by all authorities for international law as it applies to human rights, humanitarian aid and protection of civilians in conflict zones"
http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/node/8282

Silver
01-08-2009, 06:40 PM

Muslims are only protesting...they are not putting enough pressure on their governments to help the palestinians...I am sure that many of them, if given the chance, to fight Israel they won't do it...all they can do is protest and say: we support the palestinians.
Yeah that helps a lot!!!

Vito
01-08-2009, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lara
Muslims are only protesting...they are not putting enough pressure on their governments to help the palestinians...I am sure that many of them, if given the chance, to fight Israel they won't do it...all they can do is protest and say: we support the palestinians.
Yeah that helps a lot!!!
Is protesting not a way of putting pressure on the govt.?

Vito
01-08-2009, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lara
Yeah that helps a lot!!!
Oh yea and please don't make blind assumptions...:rolleyes:

Silver
01-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Oh yea and please don't make blind assumptions...
I didn't say all...

S1aveofA11ah
01-08-2009, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kai85
Is protesting not a way of putting pressure on the govt.?
2 million people marched or protested in the UK against the Iraq War. The war went ahead.

Please list me every single protest or march which has successfully stopped the issue at hand e.g. going to war, putting sanctions on people etc. There have been LOADS of protests but, from what I understand, very little results.

Silver
01-08-2009, 08:20 PM
2 million people marched or protested in the UK against the Iraq War. The war went ahead.

Please list me every single protest or march which has successfully stopped the issue at hand e.g. going to war, putting sanctions on people etc. There have been LOADS of protests but, from what I understand, very little results.
Exactly...

Woodrow
01-08-2009, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S1aveofA11ah

They worked in getting us out of Viet-Nam. Our government, especially our president Lyndon Baines Johnson had no desire for us to pull out. The protesters met a lot of opposition. But, it became apparent that the American people would not re-elect a government that kept the war going.

to be honest I hated the protesters at that time. I hated how the protesters at home kept my hands tied as I flew my missions. There were so many areas I was forbidden to engage in combat with the North Vietnamese and so many targets we were forbidden to hit.

But, after 40 years I finally got to agree with the protesters. The protests did change public opinion and ended the war in Viet-Nam

Vito
01-08-2009, 08:39 PM
"2 million people marched or protested in the UK against the Iraq War. The war went ahead."

So in other words, the govts. will do whatever it is they want regardless. So then whats the point of 'putting pressure' on them??

As we are all here typing on this forum, tell me what you 2 have done then? If nothing, what do you propose we do? Lots of people can sit here and say what they think isn't enough or what they think is a waste when they aren't doing anything themselves.

Silver
01-08-2009, 09:15 PM
As we are all here typing on this forum, tell me what you 2 have done then? If nothing, what do you propose we do? Lots of people can sit here and say what they think isn't enough or what they think is a waste when they aren't doing anything themselves.
My country has fought wars against Israel, the last one was in 2006 and I have a strong feeling that the next will be this year ...many people here donate money to the resistance to buy and make weapons...some fight, some work as paramedics, others take care of the refugees...we know what the people of Gaza are going through because our country's been through the same... we can't give arms to the resistance in Gaza ...we have to be prepared here...what is happening to them can happen to us at any time...

I can give an example of what people can do...In Egypt for example, they can go on strikes, army officers can take a stand and refuse to keep the Rafah crossing closed...
The syrians for example, can do the same...and force their government (that was negociating with israel) to fight...the syrians only watch and say that armed resistance is the only solution: not a single bullet has been fired at Israel from syria in years! They didn't do anything in July 2006 and won't do anything now...

Why? Because the people aren't doing anything about it...why do they keep voting for the same politicians when they know that they won't do anything to defend arab territories from Israeli attacks?

S1aveofA11ah
01-08-2009, 09:33 PM
"2 million people marched or protested in the UK against the Iraq War. The war went ahead."

So in other words, the govts. will do whatever it is they want regardless. So then whats the point of 'putting pressure' on them??

Hold on!. I said:

That was my challenge which you have not answered but please don't confuse matters by saying: So then whats the point of 'putting pressure' on them??. I am all for applying the right pressures.

That is exactly my point - DO protests actually put any pressures on the governments - my challenge which you have not clarified. Maybe there are other better ways e.g. writing to an MP etc. However, from my experience, this is how I have seen protests:

(1) Lots of people in crowds - usually very loud, chanting slogans, holding signs.

(2) Often some extremists/extremist views/actions amongst them which often the Media take (along with Islamaphobics) and pump out as "This is Islam" e.g. slogans of "Death to U.S.A" - which is wrong.

(3) Police in large numbers - sometimes scuffles or arrests.

So rather than rush to judge what I (or others) have done - which is none of your business anyway as the believer should keep his/her good deeds for Allah alone i.e. secret - maybe you need to check on whether what you are doing (or suggesting to others to do) is right or not?.

As I said I've never in the history of rallies ever seen one rally which stopped a war etc.

Boycotts?. Now your talking Kai85!. Look at the Danish butter boycott and the Cartoons affair. It was a victory IMHO. In fact, even after the boycott was over the Dutch MP Greet(?) Wilders (?) (who caused troubles with his film) had the Dutch government warning about further boycotting.

Vito
01-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Listen I'm not trying to make this a contest for who is donating the most or who makes more Du'as than the other. By simply stating we aren't doing enough, isn't helping. I don't think protests give Islam a bad name but, when people do riots and cause havoc throughout the city is what gives us the bad name. I don't know the history of protesting so I can't give you an answer.

Lara, you are talking about things that are way out of my hands... People being brought to office in other countries, military people going on strike, etc. Those have nothing to do with what I can do here or what anyone else in this country can do.

Silver
01-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Eventually something has to be done, otherwise Israel will keep killing people and getting away with it: this isn't the 1st time and it will not be the last, Lebanon will be next...
This has been going on since before 1948, protests have done nothing... When protests aren't that effective shouldn't people think of other ways to help?
Muslims should be more concerned about Palestine and Jerusalem than they should be about what people might think of Islam if they do more than protesting...
What solutions do you have?

S1aveofA11ah
01-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Listen I'm not trying to make this a contest for who is donating the most or who makes more Du'as than the other. By simply stating we aren't doing enough, isn't helping. I don't think protests give Islam a bad name but, when people do riots and cause havoc throughout the city is what gives us the bad name. I don't know the history of protesting so I can't give you an answer.
Lara, you are talking about things that are way out of my hands... People being brought to office in other countries, military people going on strike, etc. Those have nothing to do with what I can do here or what anyone else in this country can do.
Well that is exactly my point to ALL Muslims. One needs to know first how successful the methods are BEFORE using them otherwise its wasted effort. Each Muslim can make his/her effort. The disabled living in the US can only make du'a. The wealthy can donate. Etc.

Vito
01-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Wallah I'm on the same side as you guys but I personally don't know what else there is to do. I think people should do whatever is in their ability, I know I do and thats why when I see posts saying what isn't enough frustrates me. Everyday I think about this and what more I can do, believe me. I would love to be a part of the Islamic movement groups over seas but I can't just blink my eyes and have it happen.

Vito
01-08-2009, 10:38 PM
I saw the link in the other thread. Thanks

Woodrow
01-08-2009, 10:57 PM

If I am one of the 2 you are speaking about:

I write to my congressmen and seanators and let them know I am not happy with their support of Israel.

I travel over 1000 miles a week throughout Minnesota and the Dakotas, speaking to people about Islam and about Gaza.

I post on several forums and try to keep the issue of Gaza alive, such as by posting on this thread to keep it on the front page for all to see.

I do my best to spread public awareness. I believe truth and knowledge are the best weapons to defeat oppression.

Vito
01-08-2009, 11:11 PM
No not you

MartyrX
01-09-2009, 01:34 AM
I really don't have any answers other than to write our congressmen, and senators. It probably won't work, but taking up arms won't solve anything. Protests bring about attention, but we need action. We need support from countries who are willing to stand up and say enough is enough.

north_malaysian
01-09-2009, 06:43 AM
The State of Penang's Islamic Religious Council ordered all mosques in the state to perform Qunoot Nazilah and Salah Hajat for the people of Gaza today....

I dont know about other states but for sure there would be anti-Israel protests nationwide and a larger one would be organised tomorrow...

north_malaysian
01-09-2009, 06:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX
I really don't have any answers other than to write our congressmen, and senators. It probably won't work, but taking up arms won't solve anything. Protests bring about attention, but we need action. We need support from countries who are willing to stand up and say enough is enough.
UN should sack Israel from its UN membership as they atacked UN school and trucks...

nocturne
01-09-2009, 07:55 AM
UN should sack Israel from its UN membership as they atacked UN school and trucks...
No they can't do it, U.S will Veto the thought of any such decisions.

I am appalled at the way U.S have been acting in this war, they have clearly taken the side of Israel without flinching for the suffering in Palestine.

If they thought 9/11 was bad, i think after this they would have been a bigger target on themselves.

Saying that, i don't support any decision to use force against them, coz that would mean killing innocent woman and children and we would not be any different from the Israelis.

Najm
01-09-2009, 08:08 AM
You singed off with "Peace" but it is clear that is not your primary objective.

That what I see is the problem. Far too many have victory as there first priority.

I want Peace
Wilma
Peace...

Peace is what the Palestinians have always wanted. Israel have stolen Peace

Palestinians have 2 chioces....

1) Live under the complete control of the borders by the Israellis. Considering The 80% of Gaza living by the aid, Israel really decide what they want to exercise. Hence this option has never been peace. The people dont live in tranquil, they live in aniexty.

2) Resist the control, so freedom can be achieved, people can live in knowing that terror wont strike them, people can live knowing they can defend themselves

Option 1 doesnt give you Peace. Option 2 is the passage of peace.

My objective is to achieve freedom, rather than die of anxiety

Peace...

Wilma_Hum
01-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Peace...

Peace is what the Palestinians have always wanted. Israel have stolen Peace

Palestinians have 2 chioces....

1) Live under the complete control of the borders by the Israellis. Considering The 80% of Gaza living by the aid, Israel really decide what they want to exercise. Hence this option has never been peace. The people dont live in tranquil, they live in aniexty.

2) Resist the control, so freedom can be achieved, people can live in knowing that terror wont strike them, people can live knowing they can defend themselves

Option 1 doesnt give you Peace. Option 2 is the passage of peace.

My objective is to achieve freedom, rather than die of anxiety

Peace...
You will never look at the other side of the coin, will you?
Every thing is Israel's fault. Every thing Israel does is wrong, everything the Palestinians do is good. Am I to assume that you condone blowing up Israeli school children on a bus?

Your option 2 ignores the fact that Hamas does not want peace.
Your failure to face the reality that Israel is not the only bad makes any solution you could come up with, unaccomplishable.

But we all are free to hope for what we want.

I think peace now is the best, you want to continue with the efforts that have failed for over 60 years.

In the end, neither one of us will have any impact and I assume that 60 years from now the Israeli Palestinian war will still be in the "Current Events" section.

Peace
Wilma

MO783
01-09-2009, 02:16 PM

Inshallah Ameen

nocturne
01-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Every thing is Israel's fault. Every thing Israel does is wrong, everything the Palestinians do is good. Am I to assume that you condone blowing up Israeli school children on a bus?

Your failure to face the reality that Israel is not the only bad makes any solution you could come up with, unaccomplishable.

I think peace now is the best, you want to continue with the efforts that have failed for over 60 years.

In the end, neither one of us will have any impact and I assume that 60 years from now the Israeli Palestinian war will still be in the "Current Events" section.

Peace
Wilma
They are both to blame for the uncertainty going on there. Hamas should have been more patient and not have taken the bait. They definitely share some blame for the deaths

But there is no way Israel can justify killing 800 people within 2 weeks, even when Hamas petulant and hap-hazard attacks have resulted in less way less deaths in the past decade.

Furthermore, Hamas initial ceasefire,which Israel claim they broke, was based on the promise all the by-pass would be opened to allow aid to come in was not done.

Its easy to point fingers at each other, but one has to understand the pain of having your land snatched from you and then made to live in a "Prisoner" in your own land in a span of few decades. Israel has stifled Palestine by cutting them into two, and restricting any economic opportunity for them.

Israel with their might, should have been like a bigger brother to Palestine, but instead they have been treating them like a slave.

This war is unfortunate, but its another solid step in ensuring that peace never comes to the region.

Woodrow
01-09-2009, 03:22 PM
I want to add my own thoughts to some things in your post.

format_quote Originally Posted by nocturne
They are both to blame for the uncertainty going on there. Hamas should have been more patient and not have taken the bait. They definitely share some blame for the deaths
The Hamas fighters are very brave young men. The problem is they are not disciplined as an army and often act out of emotion and impulse. It is difficult to refrain from shooting when you see a target you believe to be the enemy. But, often the best action for a military victory is to learn when not to shoot or try to destroy the enemy.

But there is no way Israel can justify killing 800 people within 2 weeks, even when Hamas petulant and hap-hazard attacks have resulted in less way less deaths in the past decade.
Not even one innocent death is justified, no matter who is guilty

Furthermore, Hamas initial ceasefire,which Israel claim they broke, was based on the promise all the by-pass would be opened to allow aid to come in was not done.
Sadly, truces seldom last. Each side looks for a loophole to show the other violated the agreement. A truce is not a Peace treaty and usually is only worth as much as the word of hypocrites.

Its easy to point fingers at each other, but one has to understand the pain of having your land snatched from you and then made to live in a "Prisoner" in your own land in a span of few decades. Israel has stifled Palestine by cutting them into two, and restricting any economic opportunity for them.
Unless a person has lived in or visited repressed areas like Palestine, it is impossable to even imagine the effects it has on the mental attitude of the people. People every place will rather die then live as prisoners.

Israel with their might, should have been like a bigger brother to Palestine, but instead they have been treating them like a slave.
True

Plus the US and other Western countries should have placed more emphasis on the well being of the Palestinians.

This war is unfortunate, but its another solid step in ensuring that peace never comes to the region.
That is a statement I wish I could disagree with. But, by all appearances it is true.

nocturnal
01-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Woodrow, i too here in London have written to my MP and also to the Chairman of the Parliamentary Select Committee on Foreign Affairs, whose remit is to whole the government's foreign policy and it's enforcers accountable.

But i think the system in both countries is such that, especially in the US, any person wishing to assume public office has to meet the requisite qualification of being sympathetic if not overtly supportive towards israel and it's policies.

Woodrow
01-09-2009, 04:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturnal
Woodrow, i too here in London have written to my MP and also to the Chairman of the Parliamentary Select Committee on Foreign Affairs, whose remit is to whole the government's foreign policy and it's enforcers accountable.

But i think the system in both countries is such that, especially in the US, any person wishing to assume public office has to meet the requisite qualification of being sympathetic if not overtly supportive towards israel and it's policies.
In some areas in the USA that is true. But we have 50 states and each state has a great deal of Autonomy. Our political system is strange to say the least.

But, to make a long story short, on the federal we get stuck with the wishes of the states that carry the most electoral votes. Our local governments are quite independent.

I spend most of my time on the Sioux Reservations and to a large extent they are not even covered under US laws, it is a treaty with the US government and all US involvement is to be through the Department of Indian Affairs.

Our Representatives in SD are more pro-Lakota Sioux and have no concern for Israel.

Tim Johnson our Senator from Rapid City is a good example. He is not pro-Israel and not even pro big-government for the USA. Very independent.

nocturnal
01-09-2009, 04:57 PM
In some areas in the USA that is true. But we have 50 states and each state has a great deal of Autonomy. Our political system is strange to say the least.

But, to make a long story short, on the federal we get stuck with the wishes of the states that carry the most electoral votes. Our local governments are quite independent.

I spend most of my time on the Sioux Reservations and to a large extent they are not even covered under US laws, it is a treaty with the US government and all US involvement is to be through the Department of Indian Affairs.

Our Representatives in SD are more pro-Lakota Sioux and have no concern for Israel.

Tim Johnson our Senator from Rapid City is a good example. He is not pro-Israel and not even pro big-government for the USA. Very independent.
But don't you think that having independents at a localized level is really of no consequence when the people who really matter at a federal level in the upper most echelons of government are in cahoots with the Jewish lobby and it's interests, especially given the financial resources at their disposal and the somewhat similar ideological and political affiliation they share with organizations such as AIPAC.

I guess the point is, lobbying at a localized level i doubt will yield much, but, that said, i do believe it's an important step to let your elected representative know that their constituents are concerned about events unfolding in the Middle East, and the governments support of aggressors.

Woodrow
01-09-2009, 05:27 PM

I guess the point is, lobbying at a localized level i doubt will yield much, but, that said, i do believe it's an important step to let your elected representative know that their constituents are concerned about events unfolding in the Middle East, and the governments support of aggressors.
True. While we have many more people at the local levels, there has been too much apathy or concern about what happens at the international level. I am hoping Obama will make a difference, he was elected by the local votes and has no real ties with big government or big business.

He will either become the president to bring about the most change or be the most powerless we ever had. I think he has the strength to make the changes needed.

But, like you said we all can do things at the local level, it may not seem effective, but enough local voices can become very loud.

crayon
01-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Hmmm, I just came across this article.. interesting idea, wonder how credible it really is.

War and Natural Gas: The Israeli Invasion and Gaza's Offshore Gas Fields

glo
01-09-2009, 10:39 PM
I just came across this prayer for Gaza on the Christian Aid site.

I am posting it here, convinced that there is nothing which could be considerd offensive in an Islamic forum. If I am mistake, I trust that the mods will take the appropriate action.

Lord, we pray for the people of Gaza
In the face of violence and widespread damage resulting from the latest fighting
We pray for all those too scared to leave their homes
Let them know of your presence

Lord, we pray for a ceasefire in Gaza
In the face of death and destruction
We pray for an end to violence

Lord, we pray for all those providing help
We especially pray for Christian Aid’s partners;
The Palestinian Medical Relief Societies working in Gaza's hospitals, providing urgent medical support
And for the Near East Council of Churches who have turned their healthcare clinics into emergency first aid posts
Guide and protect all who offer humanitarian support at this time.

Lord, give wisdom to the international community
That they will use all channels available to reestablish dialogue between all parties to the conflict
And work towards lasting peace

Lord, in your mercy.
Hear our prayer

.................................................. ...............................................

Pray not for Arab or Jew
for Palestinian or Israeli
But pray rather for ourselves
that we might not divide them in our hearts
But keep them both together in our hearts.
peace

Najm
01-10-2009, 01:24 AM

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

ONE UMMAH

"THE MUSLIM UMMAH
IS ONE UMMAH EXCLUSIVELY TO OTHERS:
THEIR LAND IS ONE,
THEIR WAR IS ONE,
THEIR PEACE IS ONE,
THEIR TRUST IS ONE
AND THEIR HONOUR IS ONE"
[AHMED]

We bow to no one, except the Almighty Lord, Allah (Subhana WaTaala)!!!!

O Allah wake up this Muslim Ummah, provide us with patience, provide us with strength and provide us with victory. Allahumma Ameeen:cry:

FiAmaaniAllah

Wilma_Hum
01-10-2009, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturne

Some one else who thinks it is not a one sided problem.
Welcome aboard.
IMHO, people who only see one side of a problem are bound to repeat the wrongs of the side they support.

Lets all hope/pray for peace.

Whatsthepoint
01-10-2009, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Hmmm, I just came across this article.. interesting idea, wonder how credible it really is.

War and Natural Gas: The Israeli Invasion and Gaza's Offshore Gas Fields
If they're in for the gas, why did they withdraw in 2005?

Najm
01-11-2009, 07:01 AM
Peace...

I didn't notice a reply:blind:

I did! I looked at the other side. 13 Israellis have died of which 5 are civilians.
They are meant to be on the defensive, but currently on the offensive.

Every thing is Israel's fault. Every thing Israel does is wrong, everything the Palestinians do is good.
Not "every thing", but "almost" everything.

Am I to assume that you condone blowing up Israeli school children on a bus?
I am against the killing of any innocent lives, including this and the 5 civilians

Hamas does want peace. As a last resort, peace comes through resistance.

"A peace that comes from fear and not from the heart is the opposite of peace."

The reality is.......... in the worlds most densely populated land....... there is 1.6 million people....... about 800,000 receive basic food and aid from Unwra.....over 3/4 are refugees......and still occupied and blockade(entry or exit) set by Israel.

I have many solutions, they are "unaccomplishable" to you, because the oppressed demand and get slaughtered.

Their demand, no rockets, no smuggling, no arming, no defending, no resistance, no complaining, not allowed out!!!!

Yes your right, Israel are free to what they want. Palestinians can hope, stand strong, be optimistic, yet they are not free!! They are under siege!

"He who has health, has hope. And he who has hope, has everything."

For showing the white flag wont even get the Palestinians peace, its get you Famine at best.

To struggle for peace is better than to surrender your soul to the immoral enemy.

Peace
Wilma
Silence or lack of criticism is approval of actions. The more we speak up, the more we raise awareness, the more impact it shall have.

Peace...

crayon
01-11-2009, 12:22 PM
No clue.
It's probably just another conspiracy theory, it just sounded interesting..

Wilma_Hum
01-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Najm,
I have no intention of going point to point with you. With a 60+ year old conflict, there is an endless supply of points, for both sides.
But looking at the “Enemy” with total biasness in a far cry from looking with the intent to understand.
Basically everything you say is true. Yet the fact remains you condemn the wrongs of one side and give no importuned or ignore to the wrongs of the other side.
One thing you did get right. “Hamas does want peace.” But you failed to mention the fact that they only want peace after they destroy Israel. That is a point that most Palestinian supporters ignore.
It is a fact that a major and founding objective of Hamas is the destruction of Israel.
People can continue to argue who tossed the first stone or the last stone.
We can argue about who has thrown the most stones or the biggest stones.
We can argue about what is just. We can argue for another 60 years.
But where is the justice in destroying another generation?
Feel free to continue your arguments for justice while more innocents die.
I will continue to argue for peace as long as it doesn’t exist.
Peace
Wilma

Najm
01-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Najm,
I have no intention of going point to point with you. With a 60+ year old conflict, there is an endless supply of points, for both sides.
But looking at the “Enemy” with total biasness in a far cry from looking with the intent to understand.
Basically everything you say is true. Yet the fact remains you condemn the wrongs of one side and give no importuned or ignore to the wrongs of the other side.
One thing you did get right. “Hamas does want peace.” But you failed to mention the fact that they only want peace after they destroy Israel. That is a point that most Palestinian supporters ignore.
It is a fact that a major and founding objective of Hamas is the destruction of Israel.
People can continue to argue who tossed the first stone or the last stone.
We can argue about who has thrown the most stones or the biggest stones.
We can argue about what is just. We can argue for another 60 years.
But where is the justice in destroying another generation?
Feel free to continue your arguments for justice while more innocents die.
I will continue to argue for peace as long as it doesn’t exist.
Peace
Wilma

Peace...

Most of what you say is right, and i hear you! Tell me about the enemy? Lets hear it!

Justification for destroying another nation? Well Israel & US, and the west at large are debating, debating, until the land is wiped out. Then it wont be a problem.

I believe...If one hits another, the other has the right to hit back, but mercy is far better.

What im saying is to be just too. Lets be fair. Innocents will continue to murdered because the oppressors are killing them. You seem to think this "short term" peace is actually peace, its not, its injustice.

What justice is Israel fighting for?

The demands, that's given by Israel is to simply to further imprisonment in their own lands.
Palestinian demands are very much the opposite.

Lets hear you solution

Peace

Wilma_Hum
01-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Peace...

Most of what you say is right, and i hear you! Tell me about the enemy? Lets hear it!

Justification for destroying another nation? Well Israel & US, and the west at large are debating, debating, until the land is wiped out. Then it wont be a problem.

I believe...If one hits another, the other has the right to hit back, but mercy is far better.

What im saying is to be just too. Lets be fair. Innocents will continue to murdered because the oppressors are killing them. You seem to think this "short term" peace is actually peace, its not, its injustice.

What justice is Israel fighting for?

The demands, that's given by Israel is to simply to further imprisonment in their own lands.
Palestinian demands are very much the opposite.

Lets hear you solution

Peace
Some how you still think I am pro Israel. The fact that I condemn Hamas for the 7,000+ rockets they have shot at Israel civilians does not make me pro Israel, it makes me anti terrorism.
There is no "Good" guys is this fight. Neither have peace as a primary objective and I condemn them both.

glo
01-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Some how you still think I am pro Israel. The fact that I condemn Hamas for the 7,000+ rockets they have shot at Israel civilians does not make me pro Israel, it makes me anti terrorism.
There is no "Good" guys is this fight. Neither have peace as a primary objective and I condemn them both
Well said, Wilma. I conpletely agree with you.

Still, I cannot help but feel shocked and repulsed by the disproportionate level of aggression Israel is demonstrating at the moment ...

MO783
01-12-2009, 01:25 PM
its too hard to watch now, we need the arab countrys to do something. I hate that hosni mubarak

north_malaysian
01-13-2009, 05:37 AM
Maybe because Ariel Sharon had too much falafels... and made that decision to withdraw...

Najm
01-13-2009, 10:56 AM
There is no "Good" guys is this fight. Neither have peace as a primary objective and I condemn them both.

Peace...

Finally you have found a stat.....
7000+ rockets is an amazing stat, and its great to hear you anti-terrorist, but you missed the other MAIN point!!! How many civilian have died? Let me tell you at the most 13 civilians. And yes i do condemn that. I am against the killing of any innocent human being.

However being anti-terrorist for the above reasons, makes one to think if your anti-massacre, anti-using weapons of mass destruction, anti-human rights, anti-murder, anti-genocide(though which i am sure you are!)......

As during the same period, from the many raids by Israel over 520 civilians have been killed. I never said your pro-israel, but shouldn't you be giving both side of the arguments, if you against both sides? "You will never look at the other side of the coin, will you?"

The simple fact remains that you are trying to "balance" both sides, by condemning both sides "equally", simply overlooking the fact that one side have "brutally massacred", that one side raises the questions of murder and genocide,

that one side raises the questions of going to war for gaining political agenda, that one side using "defensive" war on a defenceless nation who have no navy, army or air forces, that one side keeps the other under siege, all these may make you biased, when you balance them equally.

You cannot possibly condemn both equally as you have done so far. Its simply unconscionable.

Peace...

Wilma_Hum
01-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Najm,
As I said before
It would be true that I do not "condemn both equally as you have done so far".
But our major difference is that I support neither and my first hope is peace.

Woodrow
01-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Najm,
As I said before
To be honest those of us who are Muslim do not have the exact same views as a non-Muslim.

It is true the crude rockets fired from Gaza are capable of causing death however, some of us see it more as an act of defiance by vigilantes taking matters into their own hands and not as a massive attack against Israel. Anybody with some military knowledge would know that the Qassams and Katyusha rockets are not effective military weapons and highly ineffective in the manner they are deployed. The Katyusha is designed to be fired in mass barrages by the thousand to spray a small area. Firing one at a time is just a way to get people mad. The qassams are homemade and of little more use as a weapon as a fourth of July skyrocket.

To many of us the analogy is like teenagers shoot fireworks at a government entity and the government responds with a full military assault.

We tend to see this as over-retaliation. Massive Death in exchange for an attention getting act.

Keltoi
01-13-2009, 05:24 PM
To be honest those of us who are Muslim do not have the exact same views as a non-Muslim.

It is true the crude rockets fired from Gaza are capable of causing death however, some of us see it more as an act of defiance by vigilantes taking matters into their own hands and not as a massive attack against Israel. Anybody with some military knowledge would know that the Qassams and Katyusha rockets are not effective military weapons and highly ineffective in the manner they are deployed. The Katyusha is designed to be fired in mass barrages by the thousand to spray a small area. Firing one at a time is just a way to get people mad. The qassams are homemade and of little more use as a weapon as a fourth of July skyrocket.

To many of us the analogy is like teenagers shoot fireworks at a government entity and the government responds with a full military assault.

We tend to see this as over-retaliation. Massive Death in exchange for an attention getting act.
That is true, but when an "attention getting act" kills the citizens of another state that act becomes an "act of war."

Wilma_Hum
01-14-2009, 01:48 AM

I find that a very sad and disheartening statement.
How can I interoperate that any way other than it is ok to shoot rockets at civilian areas that are of no military value, as long as the shooters practice the same religion as I do?
It seems one could follow that logic to justify flying airplanes into buildings.
And obviously some do. Surly you don’t.

Woodrow
01-14-2009, 02:06 AM
How can I interoperate that any way other than it is ok to shoot rockets at civilian areas that are of no military value, as long as the shooters practice the same religion as I do?
It seems one could follow that logic to justify flying airplanes into buildings.
It is not an attempt to justify, just an explanation as to how views differ. It is wrong to shoot rockets into civilian areas, but there is a vast difference between the obsolete rockets shot by hot headed kids and the guided missiles fired back by trained militia.. True the rockets can cause death and injury, but for the most part they are just a lot of noise with little damage.

No I would not like having rockets shot at me, but hopefully I would retaliate with much less destructive fire power and not try to eradicate an entire population.

Najm
01-14-2009, 02:10 AM
Najm,
As I said before

Peace...

Lets get this clear...

WAS THERE ANY HAMAS ROCKETS BEFORE ISRAEL BROKE THE CEASE FIRE?....

Media Tags are no longer supported

ANSWER : NO

Your asking for primary objective to be peace, something that Israel has been unjust of, in the peace deals, they have always layed the siege,wanting only their demands, going to war to get only their demands. If Israel have the right to defend", dont the Palestinians have the "right to defend". Its seems quite clear Hamas responding constantly, to the siege. Rockets fired at Israel, is after Israel raiding Gaza, Dont Hamas have a right to defend?

All the protest worldwide have been against(anti-war) Israel, rather than for(pro-war) Israel.

I never really got your views, on a solution yet, if you have any.

Neither maybe "good" guys, neither maybe peace as primary objective. However within the 2, Gaza is much closer to the primary objective, Gaza is much more willed at getting their rights, that's what they fight for, and through their struggle, they will ultimately win in the end.

Peace...

Najm
01-14-2009, 02:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
That is true, but when an "attention getting act" kills the citizens of another state that act becomes an "act of war."
Peace...

Laying constant siege of another state, becomes an act of war!

Peace...

Suomipoika
01-14-2009, 09:24 AM
It is not an attempt to justify, just an explanation as to how views differ. It is wrong to shoot rockets into civilian areas, but there is a vast difference between the obsolete rockets shot by hot headed kids and the guided missiles fired back by trained militia.. True the rockets can cause death and injury, but for the most part they are just a lot of noise with little damage.

No I would not like having rockets shot at me, but hopefully I would retaliate with much less destructive fire power and not try to eradicate an entire population.
Its nevertheless really dishearthening and not to mention scary and worrisome to see people, and I cant help but to call it as the way I see it, justifying terrorism. People have really died because of these attacks by these "hot heated kids".

On a sidenote, how am I supposed to view Islam and muslims if the shooting of thousands of rockets into Israel is largely either ignored or downplayed and the only real reason I can think of why this is done is because the people doing this, those "hot heated kids" are muslims.

Not to mention the promotion of the propaganda of the evil Israelis wanting to eradicate palestinians. Latest escalation of this conflict is already twice as long as the Russia-Georgia conflict yet not until recently reaching the same casualty levels. Not forgetting lack of similar actions towards West Bank and the high volume of the humanitarian aid directed from Israel to palestinians.

Najm
01-14-2009, 09:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suomipoika
Its nevertheless really dishearthening and not to mention scary and worrisome to see people, and I cant help but to call it as the way I see it, justifying terrorism. People have really died because of these attacks by these "hot heated kids".

On a sidenote, how am I supposed to view Islam and muslims if the shooting of thousands of rockets into Israel is largely either ignored or downplayed and the only real reason I can think of why this is done is because the people doing this, those "hot heated kids" are muslims.

Not to mention the promotion of the propaganda of the evil Israelis wanting to eradicate palestinians. Latest escalation of this conflict is already twice as long as the Russia-Georgia conflict yet not until recently reaching the same casualty levels. Not forgetting lack of similar actions towards West Bank and the high volume of the humanitarian aid directed from Israel to palestinians.

These rockets are done in retaliation to the raids done by Israel!! Lets not Forget that everytime Israel lays a siege, people are killed, women and children are killed. And in retalisation to that, rockets are being fired!!

It would be stupid, for Hamas to stop firing rockets at this stage, as there IS a war going on. Only way to stop it is by Israel pulling out of their lands.

FiAmaaniAllah

Najm
01-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Sarah Leah Whitson, director of Human Rights said in Oct 2007:

“Israel is punishing sick civilians as a way to hurt Hamas, and that’s legally and morally wrong,” said Sarah Leah Whitson, director of Human Rights Watch’s Middle East division. “Israel remains the occupying power in Gaza despite disengagement, and thus has a legal obligation to facilitate medical care to the greatest extent possible.”

...Source...
Don't you think, the Palestinians have a right to defend? Or is that only available to Israel? Dont you think People of Palestine are terrified constantly, most are refugees, 80% of the population live of basic food. The same basic food given by aid workers, and under the blockade, these basic food are controlled, and supplied to a minimum or even less...

According to the United Nations, an average of 40 patients per day entered Israel from Gaza for medical treatment in July 2007. In September 2007, that number was down to 5.
...Source...
Patients are dead because of needing advance medical treatment, patients were not allowed out of the land for treatment. Even Spare parts, medical equipment were not allowed into Gaza!! Do you think its ok for people to have the rights taken away so severely? Are they second class?

Lets see what UN says about the daily lives of these 2nd class people....

Reported on 15 dec 2008:
The daily lives of most of 1.5 million Gazans are increasingly consumed by completing the most basic tasks,
such as collecting and storing clean water, and searching for food, fuel and other essential supplies. Many have
reported a growing sense of being trapped, physically, intellectually and emotionally.

....Source... <<< UN source
:cry::cry:

Do you think its ok for Israel to live in peace, and prison the Palestinians to rot??:cry::cry:

Peace...

Wilma_Hum
01-14-2009, 12:34 PM
Woodrow,
Thank you.

Wilma_Hum
01-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Najm,
Let me try a third time. You don't seam to grasp the point.
Also I have stated:
I'm not pro Israel
I support neither
I condemn them both
Yet it seams to you can't comprehend the fact I don't justify Israel's actions.

I want peace first, you don't.
Lets agree to disagree.

Najm
01-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Najm,
Let me try a third time. You don't seam to grasp the point.

Also I have stated:

Yet it seams to you can't comprehend the fact I don't justify Israel's actions.

I want peace first, you don't.
Lets agree to disagree.
Peace...

Great, i understand all that except the solution. Where is it?

Lets get it right, i want peace. The peace that you want is temporary, something you cant comprehend, something is not possible. What is your understanding of peace?

For me simply the the freedom of Gaza, for the people to have the same humans rights as anywhere. Living in harmony, tranquillity, calmness, free from anxiety.

I would also like to add, i admire you persistence, attitude and calmness, it pleases me :-[

Peace...

glo
01-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Peace...

Lets get it right, i want peace. The peace that you want is temporary, something you cant comprehend, something is not possible. What is your understanding of peace?

For me simply the the freedom of Gaza, for the people to have the same humans rights as anywhere. Living in harmony, tranquillity, calmness, free from anxiety.

I would also like to add, i admire you persistence, attitude and calmness, it pleases me :-[

Peace...
I believe Wilma has mentioned previously that indeed she doesn't have a solution.
If she did, she should be working at the highest level of peace-negotiations! (Perhaps one day she will. :statisfie)

People have tried to find a solution for peace in the Middle East for decades.
Perhaps the real problem is that different groups have different 'solutions' (many of which seem to involve killing and maiming each other :cry:), but not many people actually want to come together and find a common solution for the better of all.

It's simply human nature to feel compassion for those you 'call your own' more than for those who are 'strangers'. It is hard to look beyond one's own and see the suffering and problems of those on the other side.

That's the point Wilma is making so passionately and persistently!
We are all human, we all share the same feelings of happiness, joy, fear, pain, anger ...

To be able to look beyond racial and religious differences, and to simply see the human being in the person on the other side is a very special gift indeed! Not many of us have it.

Peace :)

'Abd-al Latif
01-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Gazan babies born into war

Many of the more than 40,000 pregnant women in Gaza are unable to leave their homes for medical treatment because of the Israeli onslaught and hospitals swamped with the thousands of injured.

Al Jazeera's Sherine Tadros has the story of one mother who has not seen her baby since he was born on the first day of Israel's offensive.

Media Tags are no longer supported

Wilma_Hum
01-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Peace...

Peace...
Do you read? Do you remember?
I have stated before, I have no solution. I just know the last 60 years is proof that violence is not it.
Peace is always temporary. It always ends.
Freedom can come after peace, freedom can not come during war.
You dream of Utopia there has never been a place "where Living in harmony, tranquillity, calmness, free from anxiety" existed longer than a fleeing moment.

Peace now.
Wilma

sister herb
01-15-2009, 02:26 PM

No moral left with zionist terrorists!

IOF troops shell Palestinian hospital with hundreds inside

[ 15/01/2009 - 12:18 PM ]

GAZA, (PIC)-- The Israeli occupation forces on Thursday shelled a Palestinian Red Crescent hospital in Gaza city in which hundreds of patients and wounded were staying for treatment along with the medical staff and civilians who sought refuge in it.

PIC reporter said that the IOF soldiers bombarded the hospital along with the PRC offices as preliminary reports indicate that more than 700 Palestinian citizens were inside the hospital.

The PRC director warned of the serious conditions in the hospital, pointing out that the shelling was directly aimed at the hospital.

He said that fire started in the pharmacy and the second floor that comprises the hospital administration.

He condemned the IOF shelling describing it as "unjustified", and said that apparently the IOF shelling was targeting anything that moves even if they were medical or relief convoys.

http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...bspv6kgTgTU%3d

Vito
01-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Yea thats why they stopped sending in aid the first time. They feared for their own people's safety. Still nothing is being done

sister herb
01-15-2009, 04:27 PM

Next target was the headquarters of UNRWA in Gaza City, at the same time when the secretary-general of UN, Ban Ki Moon, was visiting in Tel Aviv. Sources say they used white phosphorous in that attack, in the density populated area.

Prime monster of zionists state, Olmert, explained that this attack was a "mistake"... as usually.

:raging:

They have mistakenly slaughtered over 1000 civilians already.

Woodrow
01-15-2009, 04:47 PM
The essentially unopposed onslaught into Gaza has resulted in a feeding frenzy, similar to a shark attack. I suspect that the Israeli high command has now lost much control of discipline over the individual soldiers and has unleashed an uncontrollable beast that is now enjoying mayhem.

A soldier who has fallen in love with combat, is no longer a soldier but has become an uncontrolled killing machine.

May Olmert reap what is just for him.

Woodrow
01-15-2009, 04:51 PM

Next target was the headquarters of UNRWA in Gaza City, at the same time when the secretary-general of UN, Ban Ki Moon, was visiting in Tel Aviv. Sources say they used white phosphorous in that attack, in the density populated area.

Prime monster of zionists state, Olmert, explained that this attack was a "mistake"... as usually.

They have mistakenly slaughtered over 1000 civilians already.
That had to be a deliberate attack for only the purpose of destroying the people of Gaza. UNRWA besides being the only agency providing Relief for the people of Gaz was also the largest single employer of Palestinians in Gaza, destroy UNRWA and you eliminate many jobs.

But, that may prove to be an error for Israel, the UN does not like having it's agencies attacked.

sister herb
01-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Zionist forces have just assasinated interior minister Said Syam in Gaza.

In addition to Syam, six others were killed in the strike, which reportedly targeted a senior Islamic Jihad leader and the head of the Al-Qassam Brigades, an armed faction affiliated with Hamas.

imsad

sister herb
01-15-2009, 10:11 PM
What world news would say right now if zionists foreign minister murdered by Hamas, not only Hamas foreign minister by zionists?

Think about it!

Keltoi
01-15-2009, 10:33 PM
What world news would say right now if zionists foreign minister murdered by Hamas, not only Hamas foreign minister by zionists?

Think about it!
What would they say? It is a conflict. The goal of a conflict is to cut off the head...in most cases.

sister herb
01-16-2009, 01:32 AM
What would they say? It is a conflict. The goal of a conflict is to cut off the head...in most cases.

They would say "terrorists murdered interior minister of Israel". Now when terrorists murdered interior minister of Palestine, news say mostly nothing.

That is the difference.

sister herb
01-16-2009, 03:59 AM
Zionist media claimes that Hamas wants to sacrifaces all Gazans for they political play, actually Hamas propose:

Report: Hamas offers year's truce if Israel leaves by week's end

Keltoi
01-16-2009, 04:04 AM
Zionist media claimes that Hamas wants to sacrifaces all Gazans for they political play, actually Hamas propose:

Report: Hamas offers year's truce if Israel leaves by week's end
I doubt Hamas is in any position to dictate terms.

Keltoi
01-16-2009, 04:05 AM

They would say "terrorists murdered interior minister of Israel". Now when terrorists murdered interior minister of Palestine, news say mostly nothing.

That is the difference.

Probably, because Hamas is considered a terrorist group.

north_malaysian
01-16-2009, 04:08 AM
Probably, because Hamas is considered a terrorist group.
Stern Gang was a terrorist group too... which are the Heroes of Zionists....

Israel was built by the terrorist too....

sister herb
01-16-2009, 04:14 AM

Hamas is democraticly elected political party. Hamas is considered a terrorist group by those countries whose support murdering civilians in Gaza by white phosphorous etc.

:exhausted

north_malaysian
01-16-2009, 04:20 AM
one thing that i dont understand about the Zionist is that they are expecting to live in peace after kicking out millions of Palestinians out of they're lands and homes?

the Palestinians never stole their lands... the Palestinians never chased out the Jews to dispersed all over the world...

If the Zionists claim that Palestine is their land and bring it to the court... would the court entertain their claim as the Palestinians never stole their "land" from the Jews...

crazy!!!!:enough!:

sister herb
01-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Happening in Gaza during last night:

Zionist tanks withdraw from Tel Al-Hawa after 16 tanks were destroyed by resistance

:D

noamanazhar
01-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Visit: http://www.myshoerocks.com/

Sign a petition to save Palestine !!

noamanazhar
01-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Visit: http://www.myshoerocks.com/

Also sign petition to save Palestine !!

Vito
01-16-2009, 03:50 PM
I doubt Hamas is in any position to dictate terms.
Yea you're right. israel won't listen to the rest of the world thats telling them to end this barbaric attack, what makes you think they will listen to Hamas?

'Abd-al Latif
01-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Qatar, Mauritania cut Israel tie

Qatar and Mauritania have severed economic and political ties with Israel in protest against the war in Gaza, Al Jazeera has learned.

The move announced on Friday followed calls by Bashar al-Assad, the Syrian president, and Khaled Meshaal, the exiled leader of Hamas, for all Arab nations to cut ties with Israel.

Addressing leaders at an emergency Arab summit in Doha, the Qatari capital, al-Assad declared that the Arab initiative for peace with Israel was now "dead".

He said Arab countries should cut "all direct and indirect" ties with Israel in protest against its offensive in Gaza.

"Syria has decided that indirect peace negotiations with Israel will be halted," he said.
His comments were echoed by Khaled Meshaal, the exiled leader of Hamas, the Palestinian group that controls the Gaza Strip.

Meshaal also called on Arab leaders to cut all ties with Israel, stressing Hamas would not accept Israeli conditions for a ceasefire.

Egypt and Jordan are the only Arab countries who have signed peace treaties with Israel and have Israeli embassies.

Ceasefire offer

amas has proposed a year-long, renewable ceasefire if Israel immediately ends its offensive in Gaza and lifts its crippling blockade of the territory.

Israel wants to ensure that Hamas, and other Palestinian fighters, will not be able to re-arm during any truce.

Speaking from Ankara, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the Turkish prime minister, said Israel should be barred from the United Nations while it continues to ignore UN demands to end the fighting in Gaza.

"How is such a country, which totally ignores and does not implement resolutions of the UN Security Council, allowed to enter through the gates of the UN?" he said.

Erdogan's comments came hours ahead of Friday's official visit to Turkey by Ban Ki-moon, the UN secretary general.

The Turkish leader also added his voice to widespread condemnation of Israel's bombing of a UN compound in Gaza on Thursday.

"The UN building in Gaza was hit while the UN secretary general was in Israel... this is an open challenge to the world, teasing the world," he said.

Diplomatic efforts to broker a ceasefire have intensified over recent days with emergency meetings being held in Qatar, Turkey, Kuwait and Egypt.

The UN secretary-general also visited the West Bank on Friday and Tzipi Livni, Israel's foreign minister, is flying to the US for talks.

Arab divisions

However, Friday's emergency Arab summit in Doha, the Qatari capital, has highlighted the divisions within the Arab world, with Egypt and Saudi Arabia declining to attend, preferring instead to send delegates to a meeting of foreign ministers in Kuwait.

Amr Moussa, the secretary-general of the Arab League, admitted on Friday that the Arab nation's reaction to the war on Gaza was "in a very big chaos".

The Palestinian political factions Hamas, Islamic Jihad and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) are also at the Doha summit.

Hashem Ahelbarra, Al Jazeera's correspondent in Doha, said the delegates in Qatar recognise the legitimacy of the Gazan factions, whereas Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Western nations have sidelined them from ceasefire talks.

"You have two camps: The so-called moderate Arab countries, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, some Gulf monarchies like the UAE, and those who are trying to say that we totally disagree with the US attempt to implement a new Middle East."

Ahelbarra said the "moderate camp" is uncomfortable with Hamas's ties with Iran and suspects that the Iranian leadership is using some Arab countries to further its influence in the region.

He said that the latter group believes it has the duty to convey the anti-war feeling of the Arab street and condemn Israel's actions.

Talks are continuing in Cairo over an Egypt-sponsored truce, with Amos Gilad, the Israeli chief negotiator, telling Egyptian officials Israel wants an open-ended ceasefire.

Israel is demanding that rocket fire from Gaza ceases and that an international force is established to prevent weapons being smuggled into Gaza.

Livni, due to arrive in Washington DC on Friday, will meet Condoleezza Rice, the outgoing US secretary of state, to discuss a potential US role in stopping weapons being smuggled into Gaza.

Rice said: "The Memorandum of Understanding that Foreign Minister Livni and I will sign should be thought of as one of the elements... to bring about a durable ceasefire.
"Among them is to do something about the weapons smuggling."

By Friday morning, 1,133 Palestinians had been killed since Israel launched its offensive on December 27.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/mi...135307776.html

'Abd-al Latif
01-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Israeli ground troops have been forced to retreat to the outskirts of Gaza City after facing strong resistance from the Palestinian fighters.

The development came on Friday, after two days of intensified clashes between the Israeli army and the Palestinian resistance fighters.

On Thursday, the fighting killed at least 23 people and left the southern district of Tel el-Hawa in Gaza City severely damaged, DPA reported. Home to 400,000 people, Gaza City witnessed one of its worst days of fighting since Israel launched a ground invasion on January 3 following a week of nonstop air raids.

On the 21st day of Tel Aviv's offensive against Gaza, six Palestinians, including three children, were killed in Israeli airstrikes and tank fire -- bringing the total Palestinian death toll in the Gaza offensive to at least 1,133.

UN chief Ban Ki-moon, who arrived in the West Bank on Thursday for talks with Palestinian officials, condemned the 'unbearable' situation in Gaza and urged Israel to declare an urgent unilateral humanitarian truce.

After the Thursday conflicts, Israel's ground troops withdrew from Gaza City while its warplanes and helicopters pounded another 40 targets across the Palestinian coastal strip.

Hamas, which controls Gaza, has vowed to avenge the death of its interior minister Said Siam killed on Thursday afternoon in an Israeli air strike on his brother's home in al-Sheikh Ridwan district in Beit Lahiyah.

Meanwhile, Palestinian groups in Gaza have continued firing rockets and mortar shells into Israeli towns, injuring three Israelis in the towns of Kiryat Gat and Eshdod on Friday. Al-Jazeera reported.

Hamas maintains 34 Israeli soldiers have been killed and 96 others have been injured in clashes with the Palestinian fighters, but Tel Aviv officials deny the figures, putting the number of Israeli casualties at 13 killed and 85 injured.

MRS/MMN

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...onid=351020202

sister herb
01-16-2009, 07:13 PM

Izyan
01-16-2009, 07:29 PM

Zionist tanks withdraw from Tel Al-Hawa after 16 tanks were destroyed by resistance

Wow 16 tanks for 1 city? How can a people with rocks and sticks destroy 16 tanks? Allah must truly be great to make the Israelis abandon all military logic.

aadil77
01-16-2009, 08:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Izyan
Wow 16 tanks for 1 city? How can a people with rocks and sticks destroy 16 tanks? Allah must truly be great to make the Israelis abandon all military logic.
You wot? your balls just dropped because 16 israeli tanks were destroyed? feeling a bit insecure are we, are the muslims putting up a good fight with their 'sticks and stones'? watch this space 'aspostate'

IslamicRevival
01-16-2009, 08:20 PM
How did the Muslims of Medina in the Battle Of Badr claim victory even though the Muslim army had less people then the Quraish of Mecca?

THIS IS THE POWER OF ALLAH SWT

aadil77
01-16-2009, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
How did the muslims in the Battle Of Badr claim victory even though the muslim army had less people?

THIS IS THE POWER OF ALLAH
Bruv don't bother proving ourselves to them, they'll just take the piss, especially this apostate, even though he knows it inside

We know that if Allahs wills for something to happen it bludy will, these people need to see it to believe it

AllahuAkbar

sister herb
01-16-2009, 08:41 PM

They used anti-tank missiles, called Yassin. They launch by shoulder.

That kind ones!

sister herb
01-16-2009, 08:46 PM

By the way... few days ago Palestinian resistance destroyed 20 tanks during one day. CNN, Fox or BBC naturally don´t tell news like these.

:blind:

sister herb
01-17-2009, 03:49 AM

From yesterday

remains of zionist tank

Ummu Sufyaan
01-17-2009, 07:36 AM

From yesterday

http://www.3tt3.net/up/upfiles/DmZ40352.jpg
remains of zionist tank

oh cool! :D

Keltoi
01-17-2009, 07:55 AM

By the way... few days ago Palestinian resistance destroyed 20 tanks during one day. CNN, Fox or BBC naturally don´t tell news like these.

:blind:
20 tanks huh? Must be a large-scale conventional tank battle going on, since the majority of Israeli tanks are more heavily armored than an American M-1. The U.S military didn't lose 20 tanks the entire Iraq War.

Trumble
01-17-2009, 08:14 AM
By the way... few days ago Palestinian resistance destroyed 20 tanks during one day. CNN, Fox or BBC naturally don't tell news like these.
CNN and the BBC (you probably have a point about Fox!) do not have reporters in Gaza as the Israelis will not allow them in. They would hardly report something so improbable on the basis of an unnamed Palestinian source, without any photographic evidence. We have a picture of one tank track, not twenty burned out tank wrecks. And you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to notice that the track is deeply buried in mud, now completely dried so it has obviously been there days, if not weeks (or years), prior to the photograph being taken.

I'm afraid Hamas have their propaganda machine, just as the Israelis do.

Trumble
01-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Sorry, duplicate post.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-17-2009, 08:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
or maybe the Israelis cant hack loosing

Najm
01-17-2009, 08:57 AM

Lets talk propaganda shall we.....

In the US, Gaza is a different war
7 Jan 2007

The images of two women on the front page of an edition of The Washington Post last week illustrates how mainstream US media has been reporting Israel's war on Gaza.
On the left was a Palestinian mother who had lost five children. On the right was a nearly equally sized picture of an Israeli woman who was distressed by the fighting, according to the caption.

As the Palestinian woman cradled the dead body of one child, another infant son, his face blackened and disfigured with bruises, cried beside her.

The Israeli woman did not appear to be wounded in any way but also wept.

Arab frustration

To understand the frustration often felt in the Arab world over US media coverage, one only needs to imagine the same front page had the situation been reversed.If an Israeli woman had lost five daughters in a Palestinian attack, would The Washington Post run an equally sized photograph of a relatively unharmed Palestinian woman, who was merely distraught over Israeli missile fire?

When the front page photographs of the two women were published on December 30, over 350 Palestinians had reportedly been killed compared to just four Israelis.

What if 350 Israelis had been killed and only four Palestinians - would the newspaper have run the stories side by side as if equal in news value?

Like many major news organisations in the US, The Washington Post has chosen to cover the conflict from a perspective that reflects the US government's relationship with Israel. This means prioritising Israel's version of events while underplaying the views of Palestinian groups.

For example, the newspaper's lead article on Tuesday, which was published above the mothers' photographs, quotes Israeli military and civilian sources nine times before quoting a single Palestinian. The first seven paragraphs explain Israel's military strategy. The ninth paragraph describes the anxiety among Israelis, spending evenings in bomb shelters. Ordinary Palestinians, who generally have no access to bomb shelters, do not make an appearance until the 23rd paragraph.

To balance this top story, The Washington Post published another article on the bottom half of the front page about the Palestinian mother and her children. But would the paper have ever considered balancing a story about a massive attack on Israelis with an in-depth lead piece on the strategy of Palestinian militants?

Context stripped

Major US television channels also adopted the equal time approach, despite the reality that Palestinian casualties exceeded Israeli ones by a hundred fold. However, such comparisons were rare because the scripts read by American correspondents often excluded the overall Palestinian death count.

By stripping the context, American viewers may have easily assumed a level playing field, rather than a case of disproportionate force.

Take the opening lines of a report filed by NBC's Martin Fletcher on December 30: "In Gaza two little girls were taking out the rubbish and killed by an Israeli rocket - while in Israel, a woman had been driving home and was killed by a Hamas rocket. No let up today on either side on the fourth day of this battle."

Omitted from the report was the overall Palestinian death toll, dropped continuously in subsequent reports filed by NBC correspondents over the next several days.

When number of deaths did appear - sometimes as a graphic at the bottom of the screen - it was identified as the number of "people killed" rather than being attributed specifically to Palestinians.

No wonder the overwhelmingly asymmetrical bombardment of Gaza has been framed vaguely as "rising tensions in the Middle East" by news anchors.

With the lack of context, the power dynamic on the ground becomes unclear.

ABC news, for example, regularly introduced events in Gaza as "Mideast Violence". And Like NBC, reporters excluded the Palestinian death toll.

On December 31, when Palestinian deaths stood at almost 400, ABC correspondent Simon McGergor-Wood began a video package by describing damage to an Israeli school by Hamas rockets.

The reporter's script can be paraphrased as follows: Israel wanted a sustainable ceasefire; Israel needed to prevent Hamas from rearming; Hamas targets were hit; Israel was sending in aid and letting the injured out; Israel was doing "everything they can to alleviate the humanitarian crisis". And with that McGregor-Wood signed off.

Palestinian perspective missing

There was no parallel telling of the Palestinian perspective, and no mention of any damages to Palestinian lives, although news agencies that day had reported five Palestinians dead.

For the ABC correspondent, it seemed the Palestinian deaths contained less news value than damage to Israeli buildings. His narration of events, meanwhile, amounted to no less than a parroting of the official Israeli line.

In fact, the Israeli government view typically went unchallenged on major US networks.

The US media has been accused of prioritising Israel's version of events [EPA]
Interviews with Israeli spokesmen and ambassadors were not juxtaposed with the voices of Palestinian leaders. Prominent American news anchors frequently adopted the Israeli viewpoint. In talk show discussions, instead of debating events on the ground, the pundits often reinforced each other's views.
Such an episode occurred on a December 30 broadcast of the MSNBC show, Morning Joe, during which host Joe Scarborough repeatedly insisted that Israel should not be judged.

Israel was defending itself just as the US had done throughout history. "How many people did we kill in Germany?" Scarborough posed.

The blame rested on the Palestinians, he concluded, connecting the Gaza attacks to the Camp David negotiations of 2000. "They gave the Palestinians everything they could ask for, and they walked away from the table," he said repeatedly.

Although this view was challenged once by Zbigniew Brzezinski, a former US official, who appeared briefly on the show, subsequent guests agreed incessantly with Scarborough's characterisation of the Palestinians as negligent, if not criminal in nature.

According to guest Dan Bartlett, a former White House counsel, the Palestinian leadership had made it "very clear" that they were uninterested in peace talks.

Another guest, NBC anchor David Gregory, began by noting that Yasser Arafat, the late Palestinian president, "could not be trusted", according to Bill Clinton, the former US president.

Gregory then added that Hamas had "undercut the peace process" and actually welcomed the attacks.

"The reality is that Hamas wanted this, they didn't want the ceasefire," he said.

Columnist Margaret Carlson also joined the show, agreeing in principal that Hamas should be "crushed" but voicing concern over the cost of such action.

Thus the debate was not whether Israel was justified, but rather what Israel should do next. The Palestinian human tragedy received little to no attention.

Victim's perspective

Arab audiences saw a different picture altogether. Rather than mulling Israel's dilemma, the Arab news networks captured the air assault in chilling detail from the perspective of its victims. The divide in coverage was staggering.

For US networks, the bombing of Gaza has largely been limited to two-minute video packages or five minute talk show segments. This has usually meant a few snippets of jumbled video: explosions from a distance and a momentary glance at victims; barely enough time to remember a face, let alone a personality. Victims were rarely interviewed.

The availability of time and space, American broadcast executives might argue, were mitigating factors.

On MSNBC for example, Gaza competed for air time last week with stories about the economy, such as a hike in liquor sales, or celebrity news, such as speculation over the publishing of photographs of Sarah Palin's new grandchild.

On Arab TV, however, Gaza has been the only story.
For hours on end, live images from the streets of Gaza are beamed into Arab households.

Unlike the correspondents from ABC and NBC, who have filed their reports exclusively from Israeli cities, Arab crews are inside Gaza, with many correspondents native Gazans themselves.

The images they capture are often broadcast unedited, and over the last week, a grizzly news gathering routine has been established.

The cycle begins with rooftop-mounted cameras, capturing the air raids live. After moments of quiet, thunderous bombing commences and plumes of smoke rise over the skyline. Then, anguish on the streets. Panicked civilians run for cover as ambulances careen through narrow alleys. Rescue workers hurriedly pick through the rubble, often pulling out mangled bodies. Fathers with tears of rage hold dead children up to the cameras, vowing revenge. The wounded are carried out in stretchers, gushing with blood.

Later, local journalists visit the hospitals and more gruesome images, more dead children are broadcast. Doctors wrap up the tiny bodies and carry them into overflowing morgues. The survivors speak to reporters. Their distraught voices are heard around the region; the outflow of misery and destruction is constant.

Palestinian voices

The coverage extends beyond Gaza. Unlike the US networks, which are often limited to one or two correspondents in Israel, major Arab television channels maintain correspondents and bureaus throughout the region. As angry protests take place on a near daily basis, the crews are there to capture the action live.

Even in Israel, Arab reporters are employed, and Israeli politicians are regularly interviewed. But so are members of Hamas and the other Palestinian factions.

The inclusion of Palestinian voices is not unique to Arab media. On a number of international broadcasters, including BBC World and CNN International, Palestinian leaders and Gazans in particular are regularly heard. And the Palestinian death toll has been provided every day, in most broadcasts and by most correspondents on the ground. Reports are also filed from Arab capitals.

On some level, the relatively small American broadcasting output can be attributed to a general trend in downsizing foreign reporting. But had a bloodbath on this scale happened in Israel, would the networks not have sent in reinforcements?

For now, the Israeli viewpoint seems slated to continue to dominate Gaza coverage. The latest narrative comes from the White House, which has called for a "durable" ceasefire, preventing Hamas terrorists from launching more rockets.

Naturally the soundbites are parroted by US broadcasters throughout the day and then reinforced by pundits, fearing the dangerous Hamas.

Arab channels, however, see a different outcome. Many have begun referring to Hamas, once controversial, as simply "the Palestinian resistance".

While American analysts map out Israel's strategy, Arab broadcasters are drawing their own maps, plotting the expanding range of Hamas rockets, and predicting a strengthened hand for opposition to Israel, rather than a weakened one.

...Source...

FiAmaaniAllah

sister herb
01-17-2009, 02:53 PM
1000 tons of explosives and white phosphorus dropped on Gaza in 22 days

[ 17/01/2009 - 02:49 PM ]

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)-- The Israeli 10th TV channel has disclosed that the Israeli occupation forces had used half of the air force and launched at least 2500 air raids over the past three weeks of attacks on Gaza Strip.

The TV military correspondent said on Saturday that the Israeli warplanes had dropped more than a thousand tons of explosives in that period.

He reported that the shells fired by artillery, tanks, infantry and gunboats were not included in those fired by the air force.

The intensive Israeli air, sea and land shelling had targeted civilian neighborhoods, mosques and security buildings other than UNRWA offices and warehouses and killed 1200 citizens so far other than 5400 wounded.

http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...%2b5W3e75M8%3d

sister herb
01-17-2009, 02:54 PM

For what they got by all of this? Hamas is now more popular than ever, not only in Palestine but entire world.

Dirty work you did, zionists, but you did it.

ahsan28
01-17-2009, 04:21 PM
20 tanks huh? Must be a large-scale conventional tank battle going on, since the majority of Israeli tanks are more heavily armored than an American M-1. The U.S military didn't lose 20 tanks the entire Iraq War.
The zionists must have suffered from heavy losses of their tanks and APCs, since bringing armour and other mechanised elements deep into populated areas leads to similar reversals. IDF chief and others at the helm of affairs might be suffering from mental disorder to take such fatal decisions.

Tanks and other armoured vehicles are always easy targets for short range shoulder fired RPGs, the reason why mechanised elements are taught to by-pass towns and cities in the conventional wars, leaving resistance to be cleared by Infantry in the subsequent stages.

Muslim Woman
01-17-2009, 04:36 PM

Jewish British Lawmaker Likens Israel to Nazis

Video and Text

SIR Gerald Kaufman, yesterday compared the actions of Israeli troops in Gaza to the Nazis who forced his family to flee Poland. Kaufman, a member of the Jewish Labour movement linked to Prime Minister Gordon Brown's ruling party, also called for an arms embargo against Israel.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article21781.htm

"We Are The Authors Of This Tragedy"

By George Galloway - Video

George Galloway's powerful speech in the House of Commons debate on Gaza, Thu 15 Jan 2009 (5.30pm), highlighting the hypocrisy and brazen double-standards of Western foreign policy towards Israel policies, including assassinations and other war crimes.
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article21780.htm

Najm
01-17-2009, 06:04 PM

Its soo annoying that everyone is helping ( including Egypt) at stopping Gaza getting any weapons:raging:

• Israel are signing a deals with everyone so Gaza cant get weapons from land or sea.
  • Egypt have been helping Israel in the blockade too.
  • Uk have said they are going to give navel help, so weapons don't get to Gaza by sea.
  • At the same time Israel has been given all the weapons of mass destruction. None of the international community are stopping them from having weapons!!!!!!! :raging:

How can Gaza defend itself from Israeli siege? imsad

May Allah protect and sustain the oppressed. Ameen :cry:

FiAmaaniAllah

sister herb
01-17-2009, 06:07 PM

Don´t worry brother; before Hamas has got weapons even from IOF, they corrupted soldiers sold weapons and explorers to Hamas to Gaza.

Keltoi
01-17-2009, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahsan28
The zionists must have suffered from heavy losses of their tanks and APCs, since bringing armour and other mechanised elements deep into populated areas leads to similar reversals. IDF chief and others at the helm of affairs might be suffering from mental disorder to take such fatal decisions.

Tanks and other armoured vehicles are always easy targets for short range shoulder fired RPGs, the reason why mechanised elements are taught to by-pass towns and cities in the conventional wars, leaving resistance to be cleared by Infantry in the subsequent stages.
No, the Israelis are quite good at planning and executing urban combat scenarios. Shoulder fired rpg weapons are somewhat effective, depending upon the nature of the rocket, but against tanks they would be less effective. Armored vehicles and APCs would be more vulnerable, but usually they enter a combat zone after heavy bombardment and air cover.

The most effective weapon against armored tanks and the like are the Iranian style IED devices. Having said that, they are less effective now that the U.S. has steel plated their armored vehicles. Imagine an armored Humvee sitting in a giant hole after an IED attack and driving away...that is what is happening more and more often when it comes to IED attacks in Iraq.

As for the Israelis, they told the U.S. to steel plate their Humvees because they do it already. So the possibility of Israel losing 5 tanks, much less 20, is highly unlikely.

sister herb
01-17-2009, 07:48 PM

Zionists have no suffers; they ask more money and military help from USA.

Poor Americans whose pay all this useless "war against terrorism".

~Taalibah~
01-17-2009, 08:12 PM
Sign The Petition

Click here

Trumble
01-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Israel has declared a unilateral ceasefire from 2400 GMT.

BBC

sister herb
01-17-2009, 10:02 PM

By that ceasefire they just stop they attacks to Gaza but continue siege and occupation both Gaza and the West Bank.

Najm
01-17-2009, 10:08 PM

The occupation continues, the oppressions continues and the siege continues....

FiAmaaniAllah

ahsan28
01-18-2009, 06:19 AM
No, the Israelis are quite good at planning and executing urban combat scenarios. Shoulder fired rpg weapons are somewhat effective, depending upon the nature of the rocket, but against tanks they would be less effective. Armored vehicles and APCs would be more vulnerable, but usually they enter a combat zone after heavy bombardment and air cover.

The most effective weapon against armored tanks and the like are the Iranian style IED devices. Having said that, they are less effective now that the U.S. has steel plated their armored vehicles. Imagine an armored Humvee sitting in a giant hole after an IED attack and driving away...that is what is happening more and more often when it comes to IED attacks in Iraq.

As for the Israelis, they told the U.S. to steel plate their Humvees because they do it already. So the possibility of Israel losing 5 tanks, much less 20, is highly unlikely.

Regardless of the measures taken by Israel to protect its tanks and armoured vehicles, prior to launching operation, they wouldn't have been able to eliminate the limitations at the tactical level. As soon tanks start reducing their stand-off distance, they suffer from comparative blindness and cannot engage closer targets effectively due to limited field of fire and observation. This is the time, when tank hunting parties appear suddenly from nearby hidden positions, fire rockets at the tracks of the tanks and immediately disappear. Barrel and tracks of tanks are highly vulnerable to RPGs.

In addition, if a daring guy manages to get closer to the tank and lobbes a grenade in the barrel, the tank becomes ineffective. I believe, Hamas must have taken proper care of IDF limitations during combat. Destruction of 15-20 tanks shouldn't be a big deal for Hamas whereas for zionists, it means more than a squadron.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-18-2009, 07:24 AM
Israel has declared a unilateral ceasefire from 2400 GMT.

BBC
but as far as ive heard (from PressTV) that "Israeli attacks follow Israels declaration of a cease-fire"...

and http://www.presstv.ir/gaza/detail.aspx?id=82763

meh, dunno why (if anyone) was holding their breaths..

Trumble
01-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Press TV is a propaganda mouthpiece for the Iranian government. If the story appears on Al Jazeera I might believe it.

Nobody else has reported these 'attacks'.

IslamicRevival
01-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Press TV is a propaganda mouthpiece for the Iranian government. If the story appears on Al Jazeera I might believe it.

I was watcing LIVE coverage of gaza and i saw bombs being dropped from an Israeli fighter jet/F16.

Press TV is the truth and only bigots like you would say otherwise!

Its disgraceful you keep on trying to justify this massacre and support the Nazi Israelis.

aadil77
01-18-2009, 08:58 AM
[I][B]When number of deaths did appear - sometimes as a graphic at the bottom of the screen - it was identified as the number of "people killed" rather than being attributed specifically to Palestinians.
*******s, that picture is probably a random picture of a child crying in israel

aadil77
01-18-2009, 08:59 AM

no-one else reported israel breaking the previous ceasefire either

Trumble
01-18-2009, 12:12 PM
Deleted.

Najm
01-18-2009, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
*******s, that picture is probably a random picture of a child crying in israel

That probably IS a random picture!! They compared the 2 pictures at a time when 350 Palestinians had been slaughtered.

That article(Post #174) shows all the typical propaganda and ignorance played by the west.:raging:

FiAmaaniAllah

Najm
01-18-2009, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
but as far as ive heard (from PressTV) that "Israeli attacks follow Israels declaration of a cease-fire"...

and http://www.presstv.ir/gaza/detail.aspx?id=82763

meh, dunno why (if anyone) was holding their breaths..

Yeah air strike were still going on, after the ceasefire, and i wouldnt be surprised if it carried on, The seige really has been going on for years, dont expect things to change that quick

Israelli need to pull out now, because Obama becomes president, and Israelli elections are coming soon, and now they must use the propaganda....

*Election campaign to run.* *9th FEBURARY 2009*

FiAmaaniAllah

Keltoi
01-18-2009, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahsan28
Regardless of the measures taken by Israel to protect its tanks and armoured vehicles, prior to launching operation, they wouldn't have been able to eliminate the limitations at the tactical level. As soon tanks start reducing their stand-off distance, they suffer from comparative blindness and cannot engage closer targets effectively due to limited field of fire and observation. This is the time, when tank hunting parties appear suddenly from nearby hidden positions, fire rockets at the tracks of the tanks and immediately disappear. Barrel and tracks of tanks are highly vulnerable to RPGs.

In addition, if a daring guy manages to get closer to the tank and lobbes a grenade in the barrel, the tank becomes ineffective. I believe, Hamas must have taken proper care of IDF limitations during combat. Destruction of 15-20 tanks shouldn't be a big deal for Hamas whereas for zionists, it means more than a squadron.
Taking out one tank would be a big deal for Hamas.

crayon
01-18-2009, 04:04 PM

I was doubtful of this at first too.
But just a short while ago I heard this same thing mentioned on Al Jazeera; that even though Israel had declared the ceasefire, some attacks were still witnessed.
I'm looking for it from more sources online now, though. It's sort of difficult to find anything though, since virtually all articles have the words "israel, gaza, ceasefire, attack" in them.

Trumble
01-18-2009, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
I was doubtful of this at first too.
But just a short while ago I heard this same thing mentioned on Al Jazeera; that even though Israel had declared the ceasefire, some attacks were still witnessed.
I'm looking for it from more sources online now, though. It's sort of difficult to find anything though, since virtually all articles have the words "israel, gaza, ceasefire, attack" in them.
True. Everybody seems agreed that Hamas fired a number (10 seems to usual figure) of rockets into Israel after the Israelis announced a ceasefire, and Al Jazeera suggests the Israelis subsequently attacked the suspected launch sites, which would not be surprising. There are inevitably going to be minor clashes on the ground, too, until the Israelis withdraw - we just have to hope nothing gets out of hand.

sister herb
01-18-2009, 10:55 PM
Palestinian resistance factions declare conditional ceasefire
2009-01-18

Palestinian resistance factions declared on Sunday a one week ceasefire in the Gaza Strip at the end of which the Zionist occupation forces should leave the Strip and open crossings to allow entry of humanitarian, relief assistance and all needs of the people.

The factions in a statement expressed readiness to respond to any effort especially those of Egypt, Turkey, Syria and Qatar to reach an agreement that would lead to lifting the siege on Gaza once and for all and opening all crossings including that of Rafah.

Meanwhile, Al-Quds Brigades, the armed wing of Islamic Jihad Movement, said in a statement on Sunday that it lost 34 of its cadres in the three weeks of bloody IOF attacks against the Strip.

The armed wing added that Jihad members killed 18 IOF soldiers and wounded 56 others while 16 settlers were also injured after its elements fired 235 homemade missiles and mortar shells at IOF targets in Gaza and settlements adjacent to the Strip.

http://www.alqassam.ps/english/?acti...etail&fid=1422

sister herb
01-18-2009, 10:57 PM
True. Everybody seems agreed that Hamas fired a number (10 seems to usual figure) of rockets into Israel after the Israelis announced a ceasefire, and Al Jazeera suggests the Israelis subsequently attacked the suspected launch sites, which would not be surprising. There are inevitably going to be minor clashes on the ground, too, until the Israelis withdraw - we just have to hope nothing gets out of hand.

Just few hours after zionists agreed ceasefire, they bombed civilians in Gaza by white phosphorous.

Sounds interesting ceasefire.

Trumble
01-18-2009, 11:31 PM

Just few hours after zionists agreed ceasefire, they bombed civilians in Gaza by white phosphorous.
According to the Iranian mouthpiece Press TV (and nobody else). Even Press TV doesn't mention 'civilians' as a specific target.

The general opinion from the likes of Al Jazeera was that some Israeli air and artillery attacks have taken place today (Sunday), the targets being sites from which rockets were launched into Israel between the time the Israelis declared a ceasefire and Hamas announced their own ceasefire sometime later.

nocturnal
01-19-2009, 01:48 AM
Taking out one tank would be a big deal for Hamas.
I think thats a gross underestimation of Hamas' military capability. I think the nature of this particular onslaught against Gaza has made it quite difficult to neutralize tanks systematically, but Hamas do have the capability to do it. Their military wing is not inflexible and is known to be quite adept at guerilla warfare.

Keltoi
01-19-2009, 04:20 AM
I think thats a gross underestimation of Hamas' military capability. I think the nature of this particular onslaught against Gaza has made it quite difficult to neutralize tanks systematically, but Hamas do have the capability to do it. Their military wing is not inflexible and is known to be quite adept at guerilla warfare.
It would still be quite an accomplishment for Hamas to totally disable an IDF tank. Guerilla warfare is one thing, but when a tank starts humming around the corner the intelligent thing for any ground force to do is retreat. That goes for Hamas or a highly equiped Western force. You aren't going to disable a tank with an rpg in most cases, unless you have the special anti-tank variety that the U.S. and others possess.

'Abd-al Latif
01-20-2009, 11:45 PM
CNN and the BBC (you probably have a point about Fox!) do not have reporters in Gaza as the Israelis will not allow them in. They would hardly report something so improbable on the basis of an unnamed Palestinian source, without any photographic evidence. We have a picture of one tank track, not twenty burned out tank wrecks. And you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to notice that the track is deeply buried in mud, now completely dried so it has obviously been there days, if not weeks (or years), prior to the photograph being taken.

I know this it's a bit late, but the tank could have be buried in mud by the explosion of bombs and rockets which may have thrown the mud all over the place. It could have also easily dried by fire from surrounding objects that may have caught fire as well.

I doubt that Hamas would have time to spread false tales when they are the ones most needing for the world to see the truth and the reality of their situation to be seen.

Woodrow
01-21-2009, 12:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nogod2006
how come there isnt a thread about israel... i was once in a jewish website and they had for both... thats a very selfish thing to do.
Perhaps it is because you are in the sub section titled "News from Gaza "

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.