/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Allegation#456: The Prophet (pbuh) Bribed People

AntiKarateKid
01-01-2009, 05:58 AM
The allegation basically claims that the Prophet pbuh used bribery to spread Islam. I am sure that there is more to these hadiths than the kuffars say.

Volume 4, Book 53, Number 374:
Narrated Anas:

The Prophet said, "I give to Quraish people in order to let them adhere to Islam, for they are near to their life of Ignorance (i.e. they have newly embraced Islam and it is still not strong in their hearts."

The Apostle gave gifts to those whose hearts were to be won over, notably the chiefs of the army, to win them and through them the people.
Ishaq:594

I assume that the meaning of the second hadith is that the opponents of Islam would not hear the case of Islam unless the Prophet could sway them. Gift giving to get an audience is common no?

What are your opinions on both of them and the allegation?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
01-01-2009, 06:38 AM
I don't think giving gifts is a reason for conversion do you? Maybe a token of peace at best, I have been given gifts by Christians and paganists alike, it has done nothing for me short of obliging me to reciprocate!

:w:

AntiKarateKid
01-01-2009, 07:04 AM
Haha answer found I believe!

In the division of the spoils captured during the Hunayn Battle Prophet Muhammad increased the amount given to the leaders of the Quraish to warm their hearts to Islam and to connect with them. The Ansar (residents of Medina) were upset by this and there were some who complained. When Sa'd b. Ubade informed the Prophet of this situation the Prophet called these people to his tent and said "O, Ansar! It has been said that you have complained of me, is this true?" The Ansar said "O Prophet! Our leaders would not have said words in criticism of you. These are the words of youth." Then Prophet Muhammad said "O Ansar! I find that you have gone astray. Has Allah not given us friendship and love? When you were few did He not increase your number? When you were poor did He not make you rich? The Ansar responded: "O Prophet, your goodness and gifts are innumerable. May Allah reward you!" Again Prophet Muhammad said "You say ‘When your tribe told lies about you we supported you. When you were distanced from Mecca we gave you a home. When you were in need we did not refrain from giving of whatever we had. When you were frightened by the enemy we gave you security.' This is what you say, and this is true. I confirm you in this." In this way the Prophet complemented the Ansar. The Ansar began to weep and the Prophet said: "O Ansar! I have faith in the sincerity of your belief. The Quraish have only just come to Islam. Until now they have been defeated often by Muslims in the battles. I have given them extra to soothe their hearts. They will go home with sheep and camels. You will go with the Prophet. Do you accept this?" The Ansar said: "O Prophet! To be close to you is more beneficial than this world and the things of this world. May Allah not remove your shadow over us." Then the Prophet said: "The Ansar are my friends and confidants. If all the people go one way and the Ansar go another, I will go with the Ansar." He lifted his hands and prayed for blessings for the Ansar, their children and grandchildren.8

Another day another refutation. What do you guys think of this answer?

doorster
01-01-2009, 08:23 AM
يا ربي وأطلب منكم مساعدة

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
01-01-2009, 05:38 PM
:salamext:

These people can say all they want bro, the reason why this wealth was given to them was to soften their hearts to Islam. All the time before this they thought Prophet Muhammad was after kingdom, by him infact giving a great deal of the wealth to them people who fought against him for years - he disproved this doubt of theirs and made them realise that Allah would give them more blessings for their Islam.

Also keep in mind that the Quraysh people already HAD accepted Islam, so where was the bribery? Instead, it proved to them that you are rewarded with more good by Allah for doing good in His cause.

I can guess that these people who are picking on this hadith would be saying that Allah's Messenger is after kingdom if he never gave them much wealth. But this hadith refutes that claim also.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.