/* */

PDA

View Full Version : help needed with 'Israiliyat'.

Sahabiyaat
01-01-2009, 04:29 PM
:sl:

Need help. :-[

im trying to find these journal articles, ive checked jstor and the rest and i cant seem to find um, it driving me nuts!

Newby gordon, d. 'tafsir israiliyat' studies in quran and tafsir , journal of the american academy of religion
thematic issue 47 , 1979, pp 685-97

i think this ones an article in a book. im trying to find it online;

Kister, m.j : 'Hadithu an bani israila wala haraja' , israel oriental studies, 2, 1972, pp215-39

oh well i might as well say my essay question, maybe someone can help;

q: examine the classical and modern controversy over the use of narritives originating from judeo christian traditions (the israiliyaat), in the exegesis of the quran.

ive got the classical debate, just need the modern debate now.

If anyone can help, pls do asap, i have little time.

JazakAllah Khair.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sahabiyaat
01-02-2009, 02:54 PM
oh come on!...................please.....pretty please all these nerdy members on here for nothing!

doorster
01-02-2009, 03:00 PM
is it an essay that will give you credits towards some kinda exam/qualifications?

Sahabiyaat
01-02-2009, 03:01 PM
yup.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wth1257
01-02-2009, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
:sl:

Need help. :-[

im trying to find these journal articles, ive checked jstor and the rest and i cant seem to find um, it driving me nuts!

Newby gordon, d. 'tafsir israiliyat' studies in quran and tafsir , journal of the american academy of religion
thematic issue 47 , 1979, pp 685-97

i think this ones an article in a book. im trying to find it online;

Kister, m.j : 'Hadithu an bani israila wala haraja' , israel oriental studies, 2, 1972, pp215-39

oh well i might as well say my essay question, maybe someone can help;

q: examine the classical and modern controversy over the use of narritives originating from judeo christian traditions (the israiliyaat), in the exegesis of the quran.

ive got the classical debate, just need the modern debate now.

If anyone can help, pls do asap, i have little time.

JazakAllah Khair.

Have you tried google scholar?

Where did you get the article references from?

doorster
01-02-2009, 03:05 PM
<edit>

wth1257
01-02-2009, 03:07 PM

Is that with Muslim exegesists using Judeo-Christian traditions/stories in their Quranic commentary? Can you give any more background on your question?

Sahabiyaat
01-02-2009, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
ain't that a bit unfair to others who may genuinely be qualified to win through hard work in studying?
i have tried hard work, it isnt working right now, ive made the effort and now i come before you people who will make me suffer before i get an anwser.:thankyou:

the refs r from a tutor, whos on leave.So i cant get to him. ive tried google scholar, jstor, and all those journal sources.Every other article is there except the one i need!!!!

wth1257
01-02-2009, 03:09 PM
what class is this for?

Sahabiyaat
01-02-2009, 03:17 PM
im doing a B.A, so degree level.I need to do an essay.

wth1257
01-02-2009, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
im doing a B.A, so degree level.I need to do an essay.
yes but I mean what is the class and the background of the question?

Sahabiyaat
01-02-2009, 03:26 PM
the class is quranic exegesis

the question is to do with the tafseer of the quran.

? ? what else do u want to know, ive posted the question?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.