/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If Iran/Arabs conquered Israel?

Fishman
01-01-2009, 10:46 PM
:sl:
Supposing the Iranians (or Arabs) did manage to destroy Israel, what would the actually do with it then? They would end up being faced with a massive insurgency problem, what with pretty much the entire population strongly resenting them, and they would also have to deal with Palestinians and Israelis fighting it out over houses, land etc. If Israel were to be destroyed, its conquerors would hardly be able to hold on to it.
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Trumble
01-02-2009, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Supposing the Iranians (or Arabs) did manage to destroy Israel, what would the actually do with it then? They would end up being faced with a massive insurgency problem, what with pretty much the entire population strongly resenting them, and they would also have to deal with Palestinians and Israelis fighting it out over houses, land etc. If Israel were to be destroyed, its conquerors would hardly be able to hold on to it.
They wouldn't do anything with it. They would be too busy cleaning up the post-nuclear mess at home.

The Iranians are only making noises because they know it annoys the Americans. Like the Arab nations in the Middle East, they didn't give a d**n about the Palestians until it became politically expedient.

KAding
01-02-2009, 11:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Like the Arab nations in the Middle East, they didn't give a d**n about the Palestians until it became politically expedient.
Thats a bit unfair. There is no reason to assume that any Muslim outrage (including that of leaders) is not genuine.

The_Prince
01-03-2009, 04:35 AM
fish man, if Israel were defeated, i dont believe there would be a massive insurgency, because as you say, they are defeated, and Israel does not have millitias or resistence groups, they solely rely on the army, once the army is taken down its basically over for them, maybe a few people here and there with some guns will make problems, but nothing massive, nothing like Iraq, in Iraq many of the army members retreated before battle began, that was the plan, and Iraq is plagued with millitias, and a weak border allowing foreign fighters in. with Israel thats different, their plan is not to retreat before battle, any defeat for them will be a complete defeat of their army heads on.

on top of that i believe most Israelis would eventually leave, Israelis dont have the stomach to deal with such things, already Israelis are panicking big time over small rockets, what do you think will happen when their army is defeated and conquered by enemies? they will all run away and go back to their original homelands: europe, north africa, iran.

but thats not going to happen anyway, Israel's defeat has been foretold in Islamic texts, it will be an all out defeat with no resistence remaining.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Trumble
01-03-2009, 09:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
fish man, if Israel were defeated, i dont believe there would be a massive insurgency, because as you say, they are defeated, and Israel does not have millitias or resistence groups, they solely rely on the army
Rubbish. The whole Israeli population is a 'militia'. Virtually every adult is a trained soldier; those not in the IDF or reservists usually have been at some stage. There's an assault rifle in every home. It would be the best trained guerrilla army in history, as well as one of the most highly motivated.

Fishman
01-03-2009, 12:39 PM
fish man, if Israel were defeated, i dont believe there would be a massive insurgency, because as you say, they are defeated, and Israel does not have millitias or resistence groups, they solely rely on the army, once the army is taken down its basically over for them, maybe a few people here and there with some guns will make problems, but nothing massive, nothing like Iraq, in Iraq many of the army members retreated before battle began, that was the plan, and Iraq is plagued with millitias, and a weak border allowing foreign fighters in. with Israel thats different, their plan is not to retreat before battle, any defeat for them will be a complete defeat of their army heads on.
Israel began as an insurgency though, one against the British. And yeah, the army probably does plan to stand off in conventional warfare in the event of something like this happening, there would also be as you said the civilians with guns attacking. Israeli women are trained in the armed forces, and settler's kids have probably had a bit of practice with their dads shooting at Palestinians, so it's not like it will be just the men either. They might begin using bomb attacks again as well.
Every single conquered or defeated people in modern history (post 1945)has caused a big insurgency, with a few exceptions of course but I doubt the highly nationalistic Israelis will be one of those.

on top of that i believe most Israelis would eventually leave, Israelis dont have the stomach to deal with such things, already Israelis are panicking big time over small rockets, what do you think will happen when their army is defeated and conquered by enemies? they will all run away and go back to their original homelands: europe, north africa, iran.
Yeah, probably. But the will still want to return to their homeland and begin pressuring western countries to intervene, like in Tibet. And a few will probably stay, such as Jews that were always there before the Zionists. But then again, they did get on with Muslim rulers pretty well before the 20th century.
:w:]

Trumble
01-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Israelis dont have the stomach to deal with such things, already Israelis are panicking big time over small rockets, what do you think will happen when their army is defeated and conquered by enemies?
.... and that is perhaps the biggest load of deluded nonsense I've ever seen on these forums. You REALLY need to study some history.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-04-2009, 09:47 AM
^ you need some manners. you really do :-/

The_Prince
01-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Rubbish. The whole Israeli population is a 'militia'. Virtually every adult is a trained soldier; those not in the IDF or reservists usually have been at some stage. There's an assault rifle in every home. It would be the best trained guerrilla army in history, as well as one of the most highly motivated.
then i guess we will wipe them all out, the ones who fight back that is, as the hadith states. :) it will happen one day.

The_Prince
01-04-2009, 03:31 PM
.... and that is perhaps the biggest load of deluded nonsense I've ever seen on these forums. You REALLY need to study some history.
history has nothing to do with today, times have changed, israelis are the biggest chickens on this planet, one rocket attack and 500,000 people go into bunkers, who are you kidding?

and if you want history lets talk history, what did Jews do against the Nazis? yeah enlighten me you buddhist, what did the grandparents of modern israelis do back against the Nazis?????????

the Israeli millitias back in the day were only tough guys because the Arab Inhabitants were not trained fighters, they were farmers, they hardly had any weapons or knowledge in fighting, such as my grandparents, so no, you go learn history you silly monkey, instead of beefing up the past Israeli millitia as some tough army.

The_Prince
01-04-2009, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramlah
^ you need some manners. you really do :-/
no, the buddhist himself needs to study history, the Israeli millitias which operated in Palestine were trained fighters, recieving weapons etc etc, the Arabs of the land were not fighters, they were farmers, no real good weapons, no training, no nothing, which is why these israeli millitias had success and seemed to be strong. once the israelis are facing a stronger enemy, and are the under-dogs, they will cower and hide like dogs, and you want proof? well look no further than Hitler, perhaps this buddhist trumble will englighten us on what happened, go on trumble, enlighten us on the mighty jewish resistence against Nazi germany, go on, go google it and come with some links.

Chuck
01-04-2009, 11:28 PM
Supposing the Iranians (or Arabs) did manage to [conquor] Israel
According to the hadiths they will conquor it, but then the real test would start. According to the hadiths, people [muslims or arabs] will forget about Mecca and Madina.

root
01-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Perhaps "IF" Israel was wiped off the map then Hamas would secure 1/3 of Palestinian land mass back, so I guess Hamas would then move the rocket attacks onto Jordon who currently occupy the other 2/3..........

Perhaps, a resurgent PLO would liberate it from Jordan & Egypt since the PLO formed 3 years before Israil's existence, I often wonder who they were planning to liberate Palestinia from at a time when Israil was not in existense.

Originally Posted by The_Prince
Israelis dont have the stomach to deal with such things, already Israelis are panicking big time over small rockets, what do you think will happen when their army is defeated and conquered by enemies?
It's not as if the Arab league has not tried many many times to destroy Israel totally, only to totally failed. The Arab Leagues attacked Israel the very first day it came into existence and have tried another 2 or 3 times only to lose land and valuable oil fields, which of course in return for peace Israel handed back. Afterall, Isarael captured the oil fields, handed them back to the countries that tried to eliminate them.

I have to say, If the UK voted in the BNP and the country went to the dogs, we would only have ourselves to blame.........

aadil77
01-05-2009, 12:02 AM
I would turn it into an islamic state for muslims, dump all the israeli's into the gaza prison, i mean gaza strip etc

Woodrow
01-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Probably true.

But, I have another theory about Israel. Here are my own thoughts and I can not blame or attribute them to anybody else.

I see Israel being in a symbiotic relationship with Palestine. It can not exist without Palestine and would not have lasted without the Palestinian people. War with Palestinians is the cohesive force that binds Israel together. Without fear of a Palestinian uprising, the European Jewish invaders would have left.

Paradoxicaly the defeat of Gaza and of the West Bank by Israel, would most likely destroy Israel. Without the supposed threat there would be no justification for further financial assistance from the West. Without Palestinian labor there would be no manual industry, without mutual fear there would be no cohesive binding force to unify the Israelis.

The only point I question is where would they go back to? Past history shows they were not welcome in the countries they left and faced the same treatment they now give to the Palestinians.

but thats not going to happen anyway, Israel's defeat has been foretold in Islamic texts, it will be an all out defeat with no resistence remaining.
Defeat is inevitable for them. In the meantime we need to do what we can to help our brothers and sisters in Palestine. Help in the sense of physical aid, food, water, shelter, health care, education, electricity etc.

Military aid only in the sense of clear defense and no assistance for any aggression or retaliation, that would only prolong the end of Israel as a Nation. Without a Palestinian threat, Israel can not exist. We need to stop feeding that fire and feed the fires that will serve the Palestinians alone.

S1aveofA11ah
01-06-2009, 09:53 PM
HAHAHA - what a joke!. Just like they got smahsed in Lebanon. Just like the US, European, Canadian etc. armies with all their high-tech weapons, training, B-52s, depleted Uranium shells etc. can't even defeat the Taliban who probably have sticks and stones.

Imagine Trumble, if the Taliban had one F-16 fighter (or a tank) - they could probably take over the whole world - but of course the whole world knows that is the U.S. policy never theirs because they have never invaded any other lands like the U.S and friends.

Fishman
01-06-2009, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S1aveofA11ah
HAHAHA - what a joke!. Just like they got smahsed in Lebanon. Just like the US, European, Canadian etc. armies with all their high-tech weapons, training, B-52s, depleted Uranium shells etc. can't even defeat the Taliban who probably have sticks and stones.

Imagine Trumble, if the Taliban had one F-16 fighter (or a tank) - they could probably take over the whole world - but of course the whole world knows that is the U.S. policy never theirs because they have never invaded any other lands like the U.S and friends.
They got smashed because like western countries the Israelis are good at conventional wars where they get to use all their powerful hardware and huge numbers to maximum effect, but not very good at fighting the low-intensity conflicts, guerilla wars and insurgencies that are part of fifth-generation warfare. If Israel engaged Hezbollah on equal terms, there would have been no contest, and Hezbollah knew this.

Chances are that if the Taliban did get a tank or an F16 they would loose even more badly than they have, since those things need to be used in open warfare, and engaging in open war is not what you do if you are outnumbered and outmatched.

S1aveofA11ah
01-06-2009, 10:35 PM
They got smashed because like western countries the Israelis are good at conventional wars where they get to use all their powerful hardware and huge numbers to maximum effect, but not very good at fighting the low-intensity conflicts, guerilla wars and insurgencies that are part of fifth-generation warfare. If Israel engaged Hezbollah on equal terms, there would have been no contest, and Hezbollah knew this.

Chances are that if the Taliban did get a tank or an F16 they would loose even more badly than they have, since those things need to be used in open warfare, and engaging in open war is not what you do if you are outnumbered and outmatched.
Where on Earth are you getting this 'they lost' idea from?. The whole world knows the US and allies have been utterly humilated by the Taliban. They are sending 30,000 more troops to save face (shifting them from Iraq of all places!) after eight odd years of trying to dismantle the Taliban regime and have not succeeded yet.

They haven't won the war Fishman - they are loosing it badly - so bad in fact they recently wanted to negotiate a deal with their enemy, the Taliban.

In fact latest reports indicate that even non-Taliban Afghans are turning against the U.S. as they see the atrocities the Superpower (I mean X-Superpower with an economy heading back to medival times) is committing. It is not always about numbers of dead - its about the objective of the war e.g. to win some land, kill a leader, etc.

They are fighting a war they cannot win. Even the military commanders have gone on record saying this. Due to the sheer effort and persistency alone the Taliban have won.

Anyway I won't argue with you on this - not my style - maybe someone can do a Poll on the Afghanistan war. Most reports are confirming:

"Afgahnistan where Empires go to die".

Trumble
01-06-2009, 10:44 PM
We are (or at least I am) talking about a scenario where the Israelis form the guerilla army, not the one with the tanks and the planes. Such a force is, and always has been, notoriously difficult to defeat, be it the Vietcong, Hezbollah, the Taliban, or numerous others.

جوري
01-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Israel likes carpet bombing no more no less, their weapons are nothing more than funneled from 'remorseful Germans' and American taxes.. and they hardly have a 'motivational point' to begin with between 15% and 37% of Israelis identify themselves as either agnostics or atheists.[6]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Israel

for a 'Jewish state' that has got to be a huge disadvantage.. after all were it not for deluded religious reasons, what are those Ashkenazis doing there? less than 5% of Israel is actually Arabic or Sephardi in origin!

You have to have a sort of 'moto' for warfare-- in other words what are you dying for?
for Americans for a while it was 'freedom fries' and 'democracy' but of course that didn't pan true and I think maybe just now folks are realizing that maybe it really wasn't worth it to die for freedom fries...
the reasons Muslims are willing to die is obvious, and it isn't something that can be pried out of them, even with the most super skilled hate websites or image defamation .. in fact it rings true the verse

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ يُنفِقُونَ أَمْوَالَهُمْ لِيَصُدُّواْ عَن سَبِيلِ اللّهِ فَسَيُنفِقُونَهَا ثُمَّ تَكُونُ عَلَيْهِمْ حَسْرَةً ثُمَّ يُغْلَبُونَ وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ إِلَى جَهَنَّمَ يُحْشَرُونَ {36}
[Yusufali 8:36] The Unbelievers spend their wealth to hinder (man) from the path of Allah, and so will they continue to spend; but in the end they will have (only) regrets and sighs; at length they will be overcome: and the Unbelievers will be gathered together to Hell;-

Fishman
01-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Where on Earth are you getting this 'they lost' idea from?. The whole world knows the US and allies have been utterly humilated by the Taliban. They are sending 30,000 more troops to save face (shifting them from Iraq of all places!) after eight odd years of trying to dismantle the Taliban regime and have not succeeded yet.

They haven't won the war Fishman - they are loosing it badly - so bad in fact they recently wanted to negotiate a deal with their enemy, the Taliban.

They are fighting a war they cannot win. Even the military commanders have gone on record saying this.
1. Just because the Americans are losing doesn't mean the Taliban are winning.

2. Perhaps my statement should be rephrased: if the Taliban had a tank or a jet they would fare even worse than they have.

Due to the sheer effort and persistency alone the Taliban have won.
I don't dispute this. A guerilla war is much harder to conduct than a conventional one IMHO.

Whatsthepoint
01-07-2009, 12:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
for a 'Jewish state' that has got to be a huge disadvantage.. after all were it not for deluded religious reasons, what are those Ashkenazis doing there? less than 5% of Israel is actually Arabic or Sephardi in origin!
Zionism was not a religious movement.
Almost half of all Israelis originated in the Arab word, 10 % are Sephardim.

جوري
01-07-2009, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Zionism was not a religious movement.
Almost half of all Israelis originated in the Arab word, 10 % are Sephardim.
No, you are misinformed as usual! less than 5% are Arabs in origin... and indeed by what justifications do zionists have a right to the land of canaan?

the land of Palestine was "supposedly" promised to the seed of
Abraham. If one researches the Ancient Hebrew laws, the right of decent or
inheritance is based on the eldest son, no matter whom the mother is. If
this is the case, then the land was promised to Ishamel (for he was the
eldest of Abraham's sons) and the Father of Palestinian Arabs. In addition,
modern day Jews from Russia, Poland and most parts of Eastern Europe have NO
genetic link to the ancient Hebrews - they for the most part are decendents
of Khazars, who converted to Judaism in the 7th century (this has been
documented by Jewish scholars, not Arabs). The modern day Palestinians can
claim a more direct link to the Hebrew tribes than the founders of modern day
"Israel." What the Western Press purposely avoids mentioning is the fact
that at the start of the 20th century, less than 5% of the land of Palestine
was Jewish. The modern State of Israel was built on lands illegally taken and
assimilated from Palestinian Christians and Muslims. Also, the Hebrews only
ruled the land of Palestine for a combined 411 years - the Muslims have ruled
the land for 1,500 years. In addition, the land of Canaan (Palestine) had a
history long before the Jewish tribes immigrated to the area.

hope that helps you!

Whatsthepoint
01-07-2009, 07:24 PM
No, you are misinformed as usual! less than 5% are Arabs in origin... and indeed by what justifications do zionists have a right to the land of canaan?

the land of Palestine was "supposedly" promised to the seed of
Abraham. If one researches the Ancient Hebrew laws, the right of decent or
inheritance is based on the eldest son, no matter whom the mother is. If
this is the case, then the land was promised to Ishamel (for he was the
eldest of Abraham's sons) and the Father of Palestinian Arabs. In addition,
modern day Jews from Russia, Poland and most parts of Eastern Europe have NO
genetic link to the ancient Hebrews - they for the most part are decendents
of Khazars, who converted to Judaism in the 7th century (this has been
documented by Jewish scholars, not Arabs). The modern day Palestinians can
claim a more direct link to the Hebrew tribes than the founders of modern day
"Israel." What the Western Press purposely avoids mentioning is the fact
that at the start of the 20th century, less than 5% of the land of Palestine
was Jewish. The modern State of Israel was built on lands illegally taken and
assimilated from Palestinian Christians and Muslims. Also, the Hebrews only
ruled the land of Palestine for a combined 411 years - the Muslims have ruled
the land for 1,500 years. In addition, the land of Canaan (Palestine) had a
history long before the Jewish tribes immigrated to the area.

hope that helps you!
I thought you meant Arab origin as migrating to Israel from Arab countries.
MAy I ask why you mentioned the sephardim in your original post?

جوري
01-07-2009, 07:30 PM
I thought you meant Arab origin as migrating to Israel from Arab countries.
MAy I ask why you mentioned the sephardim in your original post?
because those of them 'north African' in origin are in the least remotely close to the original tribes.. not the case of Eureopeans jews!
in other words they have no right to their colonial state.. none whatsoever!

Whatsthepoint
01-07-2009, 07:32 PM
because those of them 'north African' in origin are in the least remotely close to the original tribes.. not the case of Eureopeans jews!
in other words they have no right to their colonial state.. none whatsoever!
Sephardi Jews are of Mediterranean , mostly Iberian origin.

Woodrow
01-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Sephardi Jews are of Mediterranean , mostly Iberian origin.
If memory serve me correctly, The North African Nations are on the Mediterranean. I believe most of the Iberian Jews came from Morocco originally. Last time I was in North Africa I found many Jews living in Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya and even Egypt.

Whatsthepoint
01-07-2009, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
If memory serve me correctly, The North African Nations are on the Mediterranean.
I know, I should have said European part of the Mediterranean.

جوري
01-07-2009, 07:38 PM
If memory serve me correctly, The North African Nations are on the Mediterranean.
Whatisthepoint should indeed read ALL I write thoroughly.. and those terms that are somewhat illusive should be looked up in the dictionary!

Whatsthepoint
01-07-2009, 07:42 PM
If memory serve me correctly, The North African Nations are on the Mediterranean. I believe most of the Iberian Jews came from Morocco originally. Last time I was in North Africa I found many Jews living in Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya and even Egypt.
I think it's the other way around, they were expelled from Spain along with Muslims and settled in North Africa.

Woodrow
01-07-2009, 08:16 PM
I think it's the other way around, they were expelled from Spain along with Muslims and settled in North Africa.
And the Jews in Spain originally came from where?

The link between Jews and Tarshish is clear. One might speculate that commerce conducted by Jewish emissaries, merchants, craftsmen, or other tradesmen among the Semitic Tyrean Phoenicians might have brought them to Tarshish. Although the notion of Tarshish as Spain is merely based on suggestive material, it leaves open the possibility of a very early, although perhaps limited, Jewish presence in the Iberian Peninsula.

More substantial evidence of Jews in Spain comes from the Roman era. Although the spread of the Jews into Europe is most commonly associated with the Diaspora, which ensued from the Roman conquest of Judea, emigration from Erets Israel into the greater Roman Mediterranean area antedated the destruction of Jerusalem at the hands of the Romans under Titus. In his Facta et dicta memorabilia, Valerius Maximus makes reference to Jews and Chaldaeans being expelled from Rome in 139 BCE for their "corrupting" influences.[1]

Hispania came under Roman control with the fall of Carthage after the Second Punic War (218-202 BCE). Exactly how soon after this time Jews made their way onto the scene is a matter of speculation. It is within the realm of possibility that they went there under the Romans as free men to take advantage of its rich resources. These early arrivals would have been joined by those who had been enslaved by the Romans under Vespasian and Titus, and dispersed to the extreme west during the period of the Jewish-Roman War, and especially after the defeat of Judea in 70, Graetz places the number carried off to Spain at 80,000.Subsequent immigrations came into the area along both the northern African and southern European sides of the Mediterranean.

Among the earliest records which may refer specifically to Jews in Spain during the Roman period is Paul's Letter to the Romans. Many have taken Paul's intention to go to Spain to minister the gospel (15.24, 28) to indicate the presence of Jewish communities there, as has Herod's banishment to Spain by Caesar in 39 (Flavius Josephus, The Wars of the Jews, 2.9.6).[2]

From a slightly later period, Midrash Rabbah, Leviticus 29.2 makes reference to the return of the Diaspora from Spain by 165. Perhaps the most substantial of early references are the several decrees of the Council of Elvira, convened in the early fourth century, which address proper Christian behavior with regard to the Jews of Spain, notably forbidding marriage between Jews and Christians.[3]
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History..._Jews_in_Spain

nocturne
01-09-2009, 03:13 PM
You guys are forgetting about U.S.A. They would gladly use the Nuclear missile they have had aimed at Iran for a long time, Iran would have no where to go back to.

I very much doubt in this modern times, any large-scale occupation will take place without International Co-operation unless of course it is U.S.A

Izyan
01-09-2009, 07:40 PM
If Israel was defeated then Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, and Syria would all stake claim of the area and the fighting would continue

Q8sobieski
01-09-2009, 08:59 PM

This is my first post. It is an interesting discussion.

format_quote Originally Posted by Izyan
If Israel was defeated then Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, and Syria would all stake claim of the area and the fighting would continue
Those four states above do all hold claims to various parts of Israel. What are the chances also that Hamas and Fatah will not then fight it out for a generation or two. I am quite sure that whatever replaces a collapsed Jewish state will be many times worse than what is there now.

aadil77
01-09-2009, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Q8sobieski

This is my first post. It is an interesting discussion.

Those four states above do all hold claims to various parts of Israel. What are the chances also that Hamas and Fatah will not then fight it out for a generation or two. I am quite sure that whatever replaces a collapsed Jewish state will be many times worse than what is there now.
I doubt there'll be conflict between muslims claiming the land, the palestinians would have suffered enough, hence them deserving to establish their own state. Can't be worse than whats going on in Gaza, can it?

Izyan
01-09-2009, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
I doubt there'll be conflict between muslims claiming the land, the palestinians would have suffered enough, hence them deserving to establish their own state. Can't be worse than whats going on in Gaza, can it?
Is that's why Lebanon treat palestinians as second class citizens? Out of compasion for their suffering?

Woodrow
01-09-2009, 09:29 PM

I wish that were true. In spite of all of the warnings we have had about nationalism, nationalism has raised it's ugly head very often. The worse wars are those that pitted Muslim against Muslim and yet those continue even today.

Just for openers, Darfur Arab Muslim versus Sudanese Muslim.

In recent years the long history of conflict between Iran and Iraq.

Nationalism is a vicious Shaitan that our brothers are too easily tempted by.

Q8sobieski
01-09-2009, 09:32 PM
What about all of the factories, farms, supplies, diamonds, and homes that the Jews will leave behind? Will Suni, shia, Alawi, Hamas, Fatah, Egyptian, Jordanian, and Israeli-citizenship holding Arab all just decide to share evenly?

nocturnal
01-09-2009, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Izyan
Im not too sure about that. There probably would be claims to territory, but i think the overwhelming public opinion in the Arab world is very specifically and ardently in favour of Palestinian emancipation. Not regional Arab hegemony and expansionism.

If anything, they would vie for the popularity stakes in terms of who would offer the most assistance to the Palestinians in consolidating any new potential state. It's been 60 years since the Nakhba. If Israel were to capitulate, i don't think anyone would be keen on seeing another implosion of Arab and Muslim solidarity.

aadil77
01-09-2009, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Q8sobieski
What about all of the factories, farms, supplies, diamonds, and homes that the Jews will leave behind? Will Suni, shia, Alawi, Hamas, Fatah, Egyptian, Jordanian, and Israeli-citizenship holding Arab all just decide to share evenly?
spoils of war matey

Keltoi
01-09-2009, 11:01 PM
If Israel, somehow, was crushed military to the point of having to abandon their state I doubt there would be anything left of the Levant but dust and glass.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.