/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Women: Source of Seduction?

syilla
01-02-2009, 04:01 AM
:salamext:

I'm glad i bumped into this question. Alhamdulillah.

Question
Respected scholars, as-salamu `alaykum.

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "I have not left after me any chance of turmoil more harmful to men than the harm to the men because of women" (Muslim).

Why does Islam blame women?

This is apparent even in the court of law where women who are attacked by men while not wearing hijab are punished.

Jazakum Allahu khayran.

Wa `alaykum as-salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear sister, thank you for the confidence you place in us; we implore Almighty Allah to help us serve His cause and render our work for His sake.

When Islam came, it honored women and raised their rank in society in a way that they never enjoyed in any previous faith or creed.

One should be keen to understand Islam in the right way as wholeheartedly and not to take any verse or piece of hadith out of context without understanding it in light of other related verses or hadiths.

Muslim scholars must shoulder the reponsibilty of clarifying any misunderstanding or misconception about Islam. Muslim males are also required to present a true image of Islam and to honor women, taking Prophet Muhammad's behavior toward women as an example.

Responding to the question, Zeinab Al-`Alawani, instructor of fiqh and Islamic studies at the Graduate School of Islamic and Social Sciences, USA, stated,

It is unfortunate that some people judge Islam subjectively based on a Qur'anic verse or a hadith that is usually taken out of context or interpreted away from its historical background. It is very important to take Islam wholeheartedly as a complete entity. It is important to look at the historical backgrounds and events associated with every ayah (Arabic for: Qur'anic verse) or hadith.

Islam liberated women from the shackles of the the pre-Islamic era. Islam granted women the freedom and liberty they never enjoyed under any faith or system. It raised them so high as partners to men. Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said, "I was made to love three: perfume, women, and (the apple of my eye was placed in) the salah [Arabic for: prayers]." How would he then blame women as being the source of fitnah [Arabic for: temptation] in the society?!

The hadith brought forward by the questioner is to be interpreted without generalization. It is to warn against some women who cause fitnah. It does not include the many righteous women who guide people to the path of Allah. It is to be interpreted in a way that goes in line with other hadiths, including the one mentioned the answer.

source

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.