/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Edward Said?

wth1257
01-02-2009, 04:36 AM
Does anyone know of him? If so what are your opinions?
For anyone who does not know Edward Said was a Palestinian who spent his professional life at Columbia University. Professor Said was undoubtedly one of the most influential intellectuals on the 20th and 21st century. His book “Orientalism” revolutionized Islamic and Middle East studies in the West and began the fields of post colonial studies. He also wrote a number of books on media coverage of Islam and Palestine. His is an interesting

Here is a lecture by him.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...ure-cla_events

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
01-02-2009, 04:58 AM
Asalam A'lakum Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh. I do not know of him
But I'm going to vist that link and well give you feedback on it , tommotow inshAllah after Jum'ah prayer.

Yanal
01-02-2009, 05:00 AM
Asalam A'lakum Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh. Brother I cannot view this video for some weak connection and therefore cannot give feedback on it. I'm sorry it's my laptop it's really old and I need to upgrade a few things.

wth1257
01-02-2009, 05:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Asalam A'lakum Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh. Brother I cannot view this video for some weak connection and therefore cannot give feedback on it. I'm sorry it's my laptop it's really old and I need to upgrade a few things.
ah. If it helps you have to move that little moving thing at the bottom of the screne with your mouse.

Here is an article by Said in The Nation

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20011022/said

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.