/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saying Salam gives rewards?

Yanal
01-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Asalam A'lakum Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh. I have a question saying the full asalam alaykum on this forum or any forum give us rewards for saying it as saying it to a live person.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali.
01-02-2009, 06:55 PM
It's encouraged, and likely to have a 'reward'.

"And when you are greeted with a greeting, greet in return with what is better than it, or (at least) return it equally."
[4:86]

"....But when you enter houses, greet one another with a greeting from Allah, blessed and good...."
[24:61]

There are also hadiths on it:

In one Hadith a man asked the Prophet about which aspect of Islam was best. The Prophet replied:

"Feeding the hungry, and saying salaam to those you know and those you don't know." (Bukhari and Muslim)

"The person closest to Allah is the one who precedes others in greeting." (Abu Dawud)

on this forum or any forum
Well, online or offline, you're still interacting with humans, so it'd be nice to give salams whenever you can :).

Yanal
01-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Asalam A'lakum Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh. But do we feet the deeds by saying it here on LI?

Ali.
01-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Hm, I don't see why not. Allahu a'lim, though.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
01-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Asalam A'lakum Warakmatulah Wabarkaruh. Let me get this straight, everytime I say it here I get easy 30 deeds?

Najm
01-02-2009, 08:36 PM
WalaikumAsSalam WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Well i do give my Salam in every post because i believe its the bests of greetings one can give.

Allahu Alim

FiAmaaniAllah

Ali.
01-02-2009, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Asalam A'lakum Warakmatulah Wabarkaruh. Let me get this straight, everytime I say it here I get easy 30 deeds?
Well you obviously have to mean what you are saying, you obviously have to have the intention of greeting, and in Islam that is wishing peace (assalamu aleykum), possibly extending to mercy of Allah (wa rahmat Allahi), and even to the blessings of Allah (wa barakatu).

Yanal
01-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Asalam A'lakum Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh.

Jazakallah kayr Ali.

Ansariyah
01-02-2009, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Asalam A'lakum Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh. But do we feet the deeds by saying it here on LI?
Do u mean will u get rewards?

Allah looks at our intentions, if u have good intentions, InshaAllah Allah will reward u for it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.