/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salam Aleikum

Ro4Unity
01-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Hello Brothers and Sisters,
:sl:

My name is Robin, I grew up in an area without many muslims, but later on (I am 19 y.o. now) I met some Palestinians and Bosnians (Very kind and hostile people) and later on also Pakistani and Afghani. They told me about Islam, and about it's culture. I have much respect for Islam and I like to learn more about it's culture and the place Islam has in the life of a muslim.

Myself, I have a christian background (but only cultural, not really in a religious way) But I believe in humanity, kindness, friendship, and I also believe that Unity is the way to peace. I'm my attitude in life is very much influenced by Buddhism.

What I hope to find here on this forum/thread is some constructive conversations about mutual understanding, positions in society and the effect of religion herein, about unity and friendship, differences and similarities, perception, etc.

It is too bad that, particulary in the West, Islam has often a negative connotation. It is a form of ignorance. Dont know if I am correct but it seems to me that Islam is a derivative of Salam, meaning peace. Things are all prone to wrong interpretation.

When I think about the Islamic world, this song comes to my mind:
Mawtini, the National Anthem of Iraq (and also Palestine I think) The melody reflects peace and unity, and also the hope for me.

Wish you all Peace&Love in your life.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
01-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Welcome to the forums!

"(Very kind and hostile people)"
I'm hoping you meant "hospitable", not "hostile", lol. :p

Enjoy your time here.:)

Whatsthepoint
01-03-2009, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ro4Unity
When I think about the Islamic world, this song comes to my mind:
Mawtini, the National Anthem of Iraq (and also Palestine I think) The melody reflects peace and unity, and also the hope for me.
Interesting.

Ro4Unity
01-03-2009, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Welcome to the forums!

"(Very kind and hostile people)"
I'm hoping you meant "hospitable", not "hostile", lol. :p

Enjoy your time here.:)
hospitable, yes, sorry English is not my first language :smile:
Thank you!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Olive
01-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Welcome to LI. :)

Hope you find your time here an enjoyable and beneficial one. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.