/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Astaghfirullah!!! What are Churches upto these days???

Hamayun
01-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Astaghfirullah!!! What kind of worship is this??? :? I am totally confused!!!

Warning! Contains music so switch off speakers before watching...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5_JmXCNPs6Y

Shocking!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
rpwelton
01-03-2009, 07:06 PM
This is not too far off from what would go on at the Youth Church I used to attend during high school on Wednesday nights. It was basically a glorified concert, and after about an hour of music the pastor would give a sermon. Sunday church was never like this however; it was always more of a youth thing.

Snowflake
01-03-2009, 07:21 PM
what on earth! :ermm::X

themuffinman
01-03-2009, 07:25 PM
lol i couldnt help but laugh.......they look so stupid

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-03-2009, 07:26 PM
:sl:

Unfortunately, this trend seems to be creeping up amongst Muslims as well. So it's not just a problem exclusive to Churches, it happens amongst some fringes amongst Muslims too.

Cabdullahi
01-03-2009, 07:31 PM
its a satanic ritual, they go wild when the spirit fills them up, absolutely chalk and cheese to the teachings of Christ (as),its preposterous

~Taalibah~
01-03-2009, 08:51 PM
I dont really feel like watching...:hmm:..what is it, briefly?

Tony
01-03-2009, 09:40 PM
hardcore you know the score. this took me back to my illegal party days. some of the oldies are really banging. only when i did it the police always wanted to kick my head in !!!! spent time living with jesus army and they are baptists and also like a bangin hardcore rave now and again. its an excuse to be headonistic and catch vulnerable people if you ask me, how can this behaviour be Godly in anyway. peace and aciiiiiiiiiiiiid

glo
01-03-2009, 09:42 PM
I find that really disturbing ... :hmm:

I have never witnessed a church service of that kind.

Umar001
01-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem,

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah

This is not as wierd as it seems. It's totally wrong. But if you wonder why they do it, not all, but a lot appears to be too much excitement. Due to not having a structered outlet the way the Muslims do, they end up doing this.

This is why it is so important to stick to Islamic ordained acts of worship.

The outbursts you find are not something amazing, I mean, kids sometimes get so excited they don't know what to do, and just run around.

Us adults sometimes use the common phrase "I just want to scream and shout" etc. when we find out good news, you see some people when they win money or something jump around and so on.

Some of the people in the video feel such a satisfaction from what they think is a reletionship from God they get extremely excited, and whereas a Muslim following the Sunnah would retain composure and do what is found in the Sunnah, these people do what comes naturally, i.e. jumping, screaming, etc.

Although some other Churches discourage this.

Some of it, I think, is plain shayatin either fake people or jinn.

And Allah knows best about that.

One lessons to take whenever you see this: Stick to the Sunnah in your worship.

Br.al-Habeshi

Tony
01-03-2009, 09:53 PM
something i just remembered, at the church i lived at they would sing in tongues a thousand voices together. its one of the most extraordinary things i heard as i could hear something behind it, a very beautiful sound. i was told it was angels singing, now i can probably rationalise it but it was very real at the time. any thoughts on this anyone

Civilsed
01-03-2009, 09:57 PM

Astaghfir Allah,

What happened to the the way past prophets inc Jesus (as) prayed

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wWvZj7YD_dY
http://theislamicummah.ning.com/vide...r-in-the-bible

north_malaysian
01-04-2009, 02:32 AM
Ever see sufis dancing?

wth1257
01-04-2009, 02:39 AM
looks like a pentacostal church. Hight protestant and catholic church's are much more solemn.

remember, there is a lot of diversity amongst the Christian demoninations, so please don't judge all on the non sense of a few.

Whatsthepoint
01-04-2009, 03:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
something i just remembered, at the church i lived at they would sing in tongues a thousand voices together. its one of the most extraordinary things i heard as i could hear something behind it, a very beautiful sound. i was told it was angels singing, now i can probably rationalise it but it was very real at the time. any thoughts on this anyone
Pentecostal?

Whatsthepoint
01-04-2009, 03:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Ever see sufis dancing?
What about funny hat guys dancing in circles?

Vito
01-04-2009, 05:13 AM
You have to admit though, a lot of those guys know how to move their feet :smile:

Hamayun
01-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Please understand this was not aimed at all Churches. My intention was not to point finger at all Christians.

I was only referring to these "modern" churches that seem to be losing sight of what is important...

My apologies if I have offended any Christians.

Tony
01-04-2009, 11:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Pentecostal?
baptist commune

Tony
01-04-2009, 11:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Ever see sufis dancing?
yes, supposed to be in tune withe motion of the planet and curves of arabic writing. also a spinner with black hat denotes the grave and the dancers are souls trying to attain closeness to God by becoming entranced. not sure how right they are but it is beautiful yo watch

Keltoi
01-05-2009, 01:16 AM
The music in the video was just a remix music video showing images from the church services. Black churches have always been more centered in music than others, although plenty of other churches are as well. Music and dancing is not a bad thing in Christianity. It is an act of praise. While the video looked extreme, because it was edited to be so, it is a common feature in many black urban churches.

mkh4JC
01-05-2009, 02:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
The music in the video was just a remix music video showing images from the church services. Black churches have always been more centered in music than others, although plenty of other churches are as well. Music and dancing is not a bad thing in Christianity. It is an act of praise. While the video looked extreme, because it was edited to be so, it is a common feature in many black urban churches.
Pretty much what Keltoi said.

Triumphant
01-05-2009, 04:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kai85
You have to admit though, a lot of those guys know how to move their feet :smile:
Definitely it's like all the singers at the church didn't make it in the business, and the others are dancing because they miss going to the club. LOL

HilalQueen411
01-05-2009, 04:44 AM
wow...that was very ....interesting...to put it kindly. Look like they were at a party. Not worshiping God.

Ya Allah!!!!

themuffinman
01-05-2009, 05:21 AM
youd find the same kind of riduculouse crap if you look at all the bid'ahs in the muslim world....lol u think dancing is weird what abt those idiots who worship graves they look even more idiotic....or those shias who get all excited and and beat themselves this month....well i guess shias arent muslim but still to an outsider they think that filth is islam

north_malaysian
01-05-2009, 06:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by themuffinman
youd find the same kind of riduculouse crap if you look at all the bid'ahs in the muslim world....lol u think dancing is weird what abt those idiots who worship graves they look even more idiotic....or those shias who get all excited and and beat themselves this month....well i guess shias arent muslim but still to an outsider they think that filth is islam
years ago, a non-Muslim asked me, why Malaysian Muslims dont beat themselves like the Arabs (he's referring to the Ashura)

Intisar
01-05-2009, 06:41 AM
Don't want to sound racist even though I am black myself, but I'm not surprised at all. Black churches are usually loud and it's like they're in a club half the time. They take it really seriously though, 'cause they really believe that the holy spirit is in them astaghfirullaah.

My Aunt used to live in a rough neighbourhood, and ever Sunday we would hear people screaming ''Jezuuuuuuusssss!'' and in the background you could hear loud church claps and sometimes even reggae music. They believe that they can connect to their religion better that way. :muddlehea

Vito
01-05-2009, 06:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameena*
Don't want to sound racist even though I am black myself, but I'm not surprised at all. Black churches are usually loud and it's like they're in a club half the time. They take it really seriously though, 'cause they really believe that the holy spirit is in them astaghfirullaah.

My Aunt used to live in a rough neighbourhood, and ever Sunday we would hear people screaming ''Jezuuuuuuusssss!'' and in the background you could hear loud church claps and sometimes even reggae music. They believe that they can connect to their religion better that way. :muddlehea
I hear you on that one! My dad used to have a store (ugh the store..) in a pretty ghetto neighborhood. Every Friday and Saturday they would park across the street with their big speakers and just preach and play music for hours :'(

mkh4JC
01-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Maybe this will help. Here's a good scripture to use, from the Old Testament:

'And it shall come afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.' Joel 2: 28.

And also here:

'And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

And they were filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galiliaeans?

And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,

Phyrgia, and Pamphylia in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.'

Acts 2: 1-13.

rpwelton
01-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Fedos,

Are any of the words above those of Jesus (as)?

czgibson
01-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Greetings,

Does anyone else think that the music in that clip has just been edited over the top of the church images? In other words, the music you hear in that clip isn't actually from the church service, only the images are.

(That might have been what Keltoi was saying, but I wasn't sure.)

In any case, the people seem to be enjoying their dancing. If that's how they want to worship, then that's up to them.

Dancing is usually harmless - unless I do it, of course. People start running for the hills whenever that happens. :D

Peace

Whatsthepoint
01-05-2009, 02:41 PM
That's not dancing, it's some sort of rhythmic jumping.

mkh4JC
01-05-2009, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rpwelton
Fedos,

Are any of the words above those of Jesus (as)?
Well, Jesus says here in Luke 24: 48-50:

'And ye are witnesses of these things.

And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.'

And also here in St. John:

'These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your rememberance, whatsoever I have said unto you.' St. John 14: 25-26.

'But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me.' St. John 15: 26.

'Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgement.

Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Of judgement, because the prince of this world is judged.

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.' St. John 16: 7-15.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.