/* */

PDA

View Full Version : In pictures: Gaza Massacre (Warning: Graphic Images)

Abu Ilyas
01-04-2009, 01:26 PM
In pictures: Gaza Massacre

picphp?fg massacro20 -
A Palestinian man cries over the body of his son following an Israeli air strike in Gaza December 27, 2008.

December 27, 2008 After announcements that a decision whether to increase the military attack on the Gaza Strip would be made tomorrow, Sunday, Israeli forces instead launched a major operation today.
The Israelis killed 150 Palestinians with more expected to die. The Israeli government says it is just the beginning.

Bodies of Palestinian Policemen killed in the Israeli airstrike

Bodies of Palestinians are seen at Shifa hospital in Gaza December 27, 2008

Bodies of Palestinian Policemen killed in the Israeli airstrike

In this image taken from APTN video, Palestinian men carry two injured children into hospital after Israeli aircraft struck.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
buddy1
01-04-2009, 01:29 PM
so so so sad...........

IslamicRevival
01-04-2009, 01:44 PM
May Allah Help The Palestinians!

May Hamas Obliterate Israel!

May Hamas Slaughter The Israeli Army!

O Allah curse those nations who are doing nothing to stop this genocide of innocent palestinians!

O Allah help us defeat the enemy!

O Allah unite the Muslim ummah and give us strength to fight the israeli cowards!

AMEEN AMEEN!

Videos Of Massacre

GRAPHIC IMAGES + Emotional

Massacre Of Innocent Palestinian Children In Images

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ccpZfD...FEC63A&index=0

Palestinian/Palestine Holocast In Images Israeli Terrorists

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RV-ibh...FEC63A&index=1

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C0HFS9...FEC63A&index=2

:cry:

Olive
01-04-2009, 01:44 PM
^^ Ameen, thumma ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Periwinkle18
01-04-2009, 01:54 PM
:cry: this is so sad

Ameen to the dua's

IslamicRevival
01-04-2009, 01:55 PM
O Allah

Lord of the two Easts and the two Wests,

Oh Allah

Lord of the Holy Place (Jerusalem) and the two Sacred places (Makkah/Madinah)

Oh Allah, correct the position of our Brothers...
the Victims of the catastrophe in Palestine and Lebanon

Oh Allah secure their fears
Reward them as you wish

Oh Allah swap their fear for peace

Oh Allah swap their fear for Peace

Oh protector of the fearful

Oh hope of the needy

Oh Granter of the prayers of the oppressed

You are the Lord of the weak
and You are our Lord

There is NO diety worthy of worship except YOU!

O Allah!

Help The Palestinians!

O Allah!

Please Help the Palestinians...

Ameen Ameen

Aaaamneeeeen!! :cry:

highway_trekker
01-04-2009, 01:56 PM
:-(

Whatsthepoint
01-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Hopefully it will end soon.

Olive
01-04-2009, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
O Allah

Lord of the two Easts and the two Wests,

Oh Allah

Lord of the Holy Place (Jerusalem) and the two Sacred places (Makkah/Madinah)

Oh Allah, correct the position of our Brothers...
the Victims of the catastrophe in Palestine and Lebanon

Oh Allah secure their fears
Reward them as you wish

Oh Allah swap their fear for peace

Oh Allah swap their fear for Peace

Oh protector of the fearful

Oh hope of the needy

Oh Granter of the prayers of the oppressed

You are the Lord of the weak
and You are our Lord

There is NO diety worthy of worship except YOU!

O Allah!

Help The Palestinians!

O Allah!

Please Help the Palestinians...

Ameen Ameen

Aaaamneeeeen!! :cry:
Ameen! Ameen! Masha'Allah, what an excellent du'a. :cry:

Periwinkle18
01-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Ameen to the dua above. MashaALlah a beautiful dua.

Souljette
01-04-2009, 06:39 PM
:sl:
Ameen to the duaa

sirajstc
01-06-2009, 06:26 AM
sad

mystifyed
01-06-2009, 07:02 AM
Ameen to the dua

Ummu Sufyaan
01-06-2009, 10:08 AM

PNN -Israeli forces killed two girls in an air attack on Beit Hanoun in the northern Gaza Strip early Tuesday. Local sources report that a missile destroyed a house belonging to Talal Hamdan in Beit Hanoun today, killing his two daughters of 12 and 4 years old. A son is reported seriously injured. Yesterday Israeli forces killed four sisters and a four year old boy. Over 40 children have been killed since Saturday.
------
The bodies of two girls, aged four and 11, who were killed in an Israeli air strike in Beit Hanun in the northern Gaza Strip Strip December 30, 2008.

Palestinians carry the body of 4-year-old Lama Hamdan during her funeral in the town of Beit Hanoun in the northern Gaza Strip December 30, 2008.

do not forget them in your duas

more to come, inshallah....

Woodrow
01-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Ameen to the Du'a

May we also use these as a reminder that as Muslims we must never commit such acts against innocents any where. We must remember, those who did this are not soldiers and are not fit to be called soldiers, this is the act of barbarians.

If we go into battle let us go as soldiers and not as barbarians.

Let us use these pictures as reminders of what evil does to us and pray that we never use evil to repay the evil done to us. Fight yes, but fight as Muslims with respect and compassion for the innocent.

nocturne
01-06-2009, 03:19 PM
I apologize for the severity of the Pictures. May Allah grant them forgiveness and offer them Jannah

Forgive but never Forget. Continue to ask Allah to protect these innocent souls and inshallah give them a good life here and in the hereafter.

Whatsthepoint
01-06-2009, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturne
I apologize for the severity of the Pictures. May Allah grant them forgiveness and offer them Jannah

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...27530_1847.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...27529_1411.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...27532_2161.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...22345_3732.jpg

Forgive but never Forget. Continue to ask Allah to protect these innocent souls and inshallah give them a good life here and in the hereafter.
Oh dear!imsad

crayon
01-06-2009, 05:34 PM

I was just watching children just like these being buried on TV. Several at a time.:cry:

For God's sake, if for nothing else, stop this just for the children...

UmmahFollower09
01-06-2009, 06:38 PM
These pictures are so heart breaking =/

Insha'allah this genocide will stop soon and the people responsible will be punished

Ya Allah!

Please Help the Palestinians

Beautiful Du'aa by the brother & Ameen

Woodrow
01-06-2009, 06:52 PM
The deaths of these little ones will not be forgotten. The pictures of these innocent bodies will do more to end the occupancy of Palestine, than all of the fighting did in the past 60 years.

Du'as for our young martyrs and may their deaths be seen by the world and become the end of the Zionist regime called Israel.

crayon
01-06-2009, 06:54 PM
I really hope you're right, brother Woodrow...:(

aadil77
01-06-2009, 06:56 PM
****, can't tolerate cuelty to children, they will be granted Jannah

Whatsthepoint
01-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Israel is only partly responsible for their deaths.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Yes of course, cant forget the other countries supporting Israel...

Ameen to the Du'as! :cry:

wth1257
01-06-2009, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Ameen to the Du'a

May we also use these as a reminder that as Muslims we must never commit such acts against innocents any where. We must remember, those who did this are not soldiers and are not fit to be called soldiers, this is the act of barbarians.

Let us use these pictures as reminders of what evil does to us and pray that we never use evil to repay the evil done to us. Fight yes, but fight as Muslims with respect and compassion for the innocent.
ameen, as they say

IslamicRevival
01-06-2009, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
What a disgraceful comment

If you killed someone would you be "partly responsible"?

How can you justify this mass murder that you are witnessing in front of your own eyes?!

Imagine the feeling of the childs parents IF THEY DIDNT GET KILLED ASWELL!

The people that support israel should go to palestine themselves and fall victim to an Israeli bomb!

Maybe thats the only way you people will understand our pain for the paelstinian people!!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Yeap...

Woodrow
01-06-2009, 07:07 PM

It is true Palestine did instigate the attacks, at least according to what I have read in the media.

But, Israel is responsible for their actions. This thread is about the actions of Israel. Perhaps later there will be a more appropriate time for a thread about the responsiblity of Hamas and Palestinians in general.

But, today on this thread, we mourn the death of our children by Israelis and pray that these deaths will be the means to end the carnage.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-06-2009, 07:13 PM
I dont believe Palestine did anything...the last thing I will do is listen to the kuffar against my fellow Muslims who suffer! You aren't going to get roses from people you bombard with bombs..!

Güven
01-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Ameeen at the Dua's ^^

someone needs to stop this Child killer imsad

Pk_#2
01-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Graphic footage/images

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jan/06/gaza-israel

'As I ran I saw three of my children. All dead'

Ummu Sufyaan
01-07-2009, 07:29 AM

Forgive but never Forget.
Continue to ask Allah to protect these innocent souls and inshallah give them a good life here and in the hereafter.
agreed!!! but forgive after you have back your rights.
people need to see these pics so that the future generation know whats happening to thier brothers and sisters and build in them a passion to protect them, inshallah.

your ridiculous and unrealistic comments need nothing more then to be flushed down the toilet, where they belong.

format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
I dont believe Palestine did anything...the last thing I will do is listen to the kuffar against my fellow Muslims who suffer! You aren't going to get roses from people you bombard with bombs..!
agreed :D

Ummu Sufyaan
01-07-2009, 09:29 AM

Warning: some images maybe a little graphic.

Palestinians bury the body of 4-year-old Lama Hamdan at Beit Hanoun cemetery in the northern Gaza Strip December 30, 2008.

Palestinians mourn beside the bodies of three children in Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip December 29, 2008.

Palestinian children from the Balosha family, who were all killed in the same Israeli missile strike, are seen in the morgue before their burial at Kamal Edwan hopsital in Beit Lahiya, northern Gaza Strip, Monday, Dec. 29, 2008.

Palestinian children from the Balosha family, who were all killed in the same Israeli missile strike, are seen in the morgue before their burial at Kamal Edwan hopsital in Beit Lahiya, northern Gaza Strip, Monday, Dec. 29, 2008.

Palestinian women mourn over the bodies of three Palestinian children from the Balosha family, of five who were all killed in the same Israeli missile strike, in the morgue before their burial at Kamal Edwan hopsital in Beit Lahiya,
northern Gaza Strip, Monday, Dec. 29, 2008.

A Palestinian man buries the body of 4-year-old Dena Balosha at Beit Lahiya cemetery in the northern Gaza Strip December 29, 2008.

A Palestinian man carries the body of his 4-year-old daughter Dena Balosha during the funeral for her and her four sisters in Jabalya refugee camp in the northern Gaza Strip December 29, 2008.

A Palestinian mourner shouts as he lifts the body of a child from the Balosha family, of which three children and two teenagers, were killed in an Israeli missile strike,durng their funeral in the Jebaliya refugee camp, northern Gaza Strip, Monday, Dec. 29, 2008.
A Palestinian man buries the body of 4-year-old Dena Balosha at Beit Lahiya cemetery in the northern Gaza Strip December 29, 2008.

A Palestinian man buries the body of 5-year-old Sodqi al-Absi in Rafah cemetery in the southern Gaza Strip December 29, 2008.

A Palestinian mourner carries the body of 4-year-old Dena Balosha, foreground, one of five members of the same family including three children and two teenagers who were killed in an Israeli missile strike, during their funeral in the Jebaliya refugee camp, in the northern Gaza Strip, Monday, Dec. 29, 2008

The father of Palestinian Dena Balosha, 4, left, one of five members of the same family including three children and two teenagers who were killed in an Israeli missile strike, carries her body during their funeral in the Jebaliya refugee camp, in the northern Gaza Strip, Monday, Dec. 29, 2008.

bedroom of 5 killed girls

Samera Baalusha (34) carries her surving child Mohamad (15 months) while she waits to see the body of her daughter Jawaher Baalusha (aged 4) during the funeral held for her and four of her sisters who were killed in an Israeli missile strike, on December 29, 2008 in the Jebaliya refugee camp, in the northern Gaza Strip

A wounded Palestinian boy is carried by his father following an Israel air strike in Gaza December 28, 2008.

A Palestinian boy is carried to al-Shifa hospital following an Israel air strike in Gaza December 28, 2008

A Palestinian security force officer carries a wounded girl into the emergency room at Shifa hospital in Gaza City, Saturday, Dec. 27, 2008.

A Palestinian girl wounded in an Israeli missile strike is carried into the emergency area at Shifa hospital in Gaza City, Saturday, Dec. 27, 2008.

A Palestinian man carries his wounded child to the treatment room of Kamal Edwan hospital following an Israeli missile strike in Beit Lahiya, northern Gaza Strip, Monday, Dec. 29, 2008.

Woodrow
01-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Looking at the pictures I remember so many of very similar pictures coming out of Germany in the final days of WW2 and the stories of how the Nazis used Jewish children for bayonet practice.

The world was horrified then and I believe that the world is horrified today at the sight of what the Zionists are doing to the Palestinians.

Finally after 60 years the world is seeing that Zionism is no better than Nazism and the same mentality fuels both.

Ethnic hatred eventually destroys the hater. We are now seeing the opening days of world opinion learning what Zionism is and I believe the end of Zionism in Palestine will come to an end.

I think as Muslims we must keep in mind that what we see is not Judaism, but is Zionism. Remember, for centuries there was peace between Jews and Muslims in Palestine. We do disagree with the Jewish faith, but we must also be fair and respect the peace we have had between us and the Jews that are not part of Zionism. The Arab Jews of Palestine are also victims of Zionist hate.

Whatsthepoint
01-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Looking at the pictures I remember so many of very similar pictures coming out of Germany in the final days of WW2 and the stories of how the Nazis used Jewish children for bayonet practice.
The world was horrified then and I believe that the world is horrified today at the sight of what the Zionists are doing to the Palestinians.
Finally after 60 years the world is seeing that Zionism is no better than Nazism and the same mentality fuels both.
Ethnic hatred eventually destroys the hater. We are now seeing the opening days of world opinion learning what Zionism is and I believe the end of Zionism in Palestine will come to an end.
Zionism itself is not based on any kind of ethnic hatred, apart from treating the jewish people in a special way. The hatred that may have developed between Israelis and Arabs started after Jews started migrating into Palestine and faced negative response from the Arab inhabitants, not to mention the constant wars and calls for its destruction.

Anyway, here's a part of the response by the Israeli ambassador to the UN when the latter passed the resolution 3379, equating Zionism with racism.

"I can point with pride to the Arab ministers who have served in my government; to the Arab deputy speaker of my Parliament; to Arab officers and men serving of their own volition in our border and police defense forces, frequently commanding Jewish troops; to the hundreds of thousands of Arabs from all over the Middle East crowding the cities of Israel every year; to the thousands of Arabs from all over the Middle East coming for medical treatment to Israel; to the peaceful coexistence which has developed; to the fact that Arabic is an official language in Israel on a par with Hebrew; to the fact that it is as natural for an Arab to serve in public office in Israel as it is incongruous to think of a Jew serving in any public office in an Arab country, indeed being admitted to many of them. Is that racism? It is not! That... is Zionism."

IMHO, Zionism and Nazism cannot possibly be compared.

Najm
01-07-2009, 06:13 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Omydyzzzz these pictures are too disturbing, im not capable of watching all the pictures, its too much imsad, it too graphic::scared:

When is this going to go away?:cry:

Allah please save the Muslims now. Ameen

FiAmaaniAllah

Ummu Sufyaan
01-08-2009, 01:32 PM
not all these are related to the recent events in gaza, but they none the less show the terrorist Isrealis

some images maybe disturbing

myphp?imageimage009ui9 -

myphp?imageimage010zr7 -

myphp?imageimage011nd4 -

S1aveofA11ah
01-08-2009, 09:51 PM
If this excerpt from a news report is not enough to make readers BOYCOTT Israeli Army supporting products then I don't know what is. Children starving for 4 days next to their DEAD mothers too weak to stand.

To all the Muslim parents out there with young children - how loudly do your kids cry when they want their milk/food after just a few hours?.

Muslims UNITE and financially CRUSH the Israeli army like we successfully boycotted the Danish Butter products - Allah will ask us all on the Day of Judgement. We can win. We must win InshAllah.

"...When rescue workers from the Red Cross and the Palestinian Red Crescent arrived at the site, they found 12 corpses lying on mattresses in one home, along with four young children lying next to their dead mothers, the Red Cross said. The children were too weak to stand and were rushed to a hospital, the agency said..."

full article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...0800048&s_pos=

See this page for boycotting:

http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-faq.html

How ANY person (not just Muslim) could for example, put an M&S sandwich in their mouth after reading this is beyond me.

Whatsthepoint
01-08-2009, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S1aveofA11ah
Muslims UNITE and financially CRUSH the Israeli army like we successfully boycotted the Danish Butter products
How would you define successful?

Silver
01-08-2009, 09:57 PM

Very sad :( But I wanted point out that the 1st pic is from Gaza, the other 3 pictures were taken during the July 2006 war in Lebanon...you can't tell the difference, they commited war crimes in Lebanon, now they are repeating it in Palestine... :(

S1aveofA11ah
01-08-2009, 10:14 PM
How would you define successful?
I don't want to get into a long debate and go way off topic - but this is how I would define success:

(Taken from Wikipedia) - my parts highlighted in red to help define 'success' in this context.

[edit] Middle East boycott over Muhammad cartoons
Main article: Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons
Wikinews has related news: Saudis boycott Danish dairy produce
Arla's sales were seriously affected by a boycott of Danish products in the Middle East in 2006. Transnational anger among Muslims over satirical cartoons of Muhammed was the immediate cause of this. After the Danish government refused to condemn the cartoons or meet with eleven concerned ambassadors from Muslim nations, a boycott was organized, starting in Saudi Arabia and spreading across the Middle East. The Middle East is Arla's largest market outside of Europe.

On 2006-02-03, the company said that sales in the Middle East had stopped completely, costing the company two million US$ a day[4]. Soon after the boycott began to affect Arla's sales, the Danish government met with Muslim ambassadors, the newspaper issued apologetic statements. Unfortunately for Arla, the boycott continued undiminished for some time.

In March 2006, Arla took out full-page advertising in Saudi Arabia, apologizing for the cartoons and indicating Arla's great respect for Islam in the country. This raised controversy back in Denmark, where women's organizations and some Danish politicians criticized Arla, and called on Danish women to boycott Arla's products in Denmark.

In April 2006, the company said that its products are being placed back in stores in the Middle East. Before the boycott, it supplied 50,000 stores in the area. It announced that many of its largest clients in Saudi Arabia would start selling its butter and cheese on April 8[clarification needed]. Arla has started sponsoring humanitarian causes in the Middle East in order to reduce bad feelings from consumers. [5]

The last point in red for you Whatsthepoint is more of what I define as success in this case. When one has no choice one has to take drastic measures. When the government refused to listen/care the Muslims had no option but to take drastic measures - to the point of punishing those not directly responsible - which resulted in getting what they needed i.e. government attention etc.

You see wtp - maybe you haven't noticed yet - but the governments are very much 'at the top', in control, and oppressing a lot of those 'down below' (in all lands) so a simple phone call wouldn't have helped but IMHO (and I think most Muslims worldwide) it was a MAJOR SUCCESS and your entitled to your opinion.

Can I ask what action you will take to the children starving next to their dead mothers for 4 days?

Donia
01-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Those pictures are heartbreaking... :cry:

May Allah grant them paradise and give comfort and strength to their parents. I can't even imagine.

Whatsthepoint
01-08-2009, 10:27 PM
I don't want to get into a long debate and go way off topic - but this is how I would define success:
Can I ask what action you will take to the children starving next to their dead mothers for 4 days?
Fair enough, though the main goal wasn't achieved.
Though I don't see how a Muslim boycott of Israeli products could be successful, seeing the economic ties with the Jewish world are already severed in the Muslim world.
Probably none, which doesn't mean I'm not affected by the situation.

S1aveofA11ah
01-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Fair enough, though the main goal wasn't achieved.
Though I don't see how a Muslim boycott of Israeli products could be successful, seeing the economic ties with the Jewish world are already severed in the Muslim world.
Probably none, which doesn't mean I'm not affected by the situation.
Well look at this link please wtp : http://www.inminds.com/boycott-faq.html

and IF what they say is true (I cannot research much beyond their word at this time) then a boycott would be very successful. Might be a case of try is the only way to find out.

Remember here it is not a JEWISH boycott but rather it is directed at those companies that are supporting the racist occupation of Palestine.

Are you in the UK BTW?

MartyrX
01-09-2009, 01:25 AM
Ameen to the Du'a

Ameen.

Dua_e_Sehar
01-09-2009, 02:43 AM

:cry:.....:(...Feeling so helpless....Where is humanity... :(

O Allah(swt) please have mercy on the people of Gaza....protect them...save them.....forgive our sins....Answer our prayers....ameen

I hope this ends soon....its becoming unbearable...:cry:

Whatsthepoint
01-09-2009, 02:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lara
Very sad :( But I wanted point out that the 1st pic is from Gaza he other 3 pictures were taken during the July 2006 war in Lebanon...
:ooh:

Whatsthepoint
01-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Well look at this link please wtp : http://www.inminds.com/boycott-faq.html

and IF what they say is true (I cannot research much beyond their word at this time) then a boycott would be very successful. Might be a case of try is the only way to find out.

Remember here it is not a JEWISH boycott but rather it is directed at those companies that are supporting the racist occupation of Palestine.

Are you in the UK BTW?
The article claims the Israeli economy was on the verge of collapse without any signs of improvement in 2002..
No, continental.

Pk_#2
01-16-2009, 09:12 PM
imsad

http://www.palestinercs.org/Gallery.aspx

Some more check out the gallery =(

S1aveofA11ah
01-16-2009, 09:28 PM
More unparalled evil by Israel, the US and its supporters.

I pray this happens to EVERY single person who supports this (and all worldwide) oppression in Palestine (ameen).

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/s...ad.php?t=20806

(Video Link --- Graphic Warning)

Trumble
01-17-2009, 02:29 AM
More unparalled evil by Israel, the US and its supporters.
No, not 'unparalled'. That's war.. it's always like that, a fact few here seem to understand. That's why the only sane thing to do is avoid war, whatever your 'cause' or however angry you may be or justified you think you may be.

doorster
01-17-2009, 02:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
No, not 'unparalled'. That's war.. it's always like that, a fact few here seem to understand. That's why the only sane thing to do is avoid war, whatever your 'cause' or however angry you may be or justified you think you may be.
-------s!!

The IDF has no mercy for the children in Gaza nursery schools

By Gideon Levy, Haaretz Correspondent

Tags: Hamas, IDF, Israel, Gaza

The fighting in Gaza is "war deluxe." Compared with previous wars, it is child's play - pilots bombing unimpeded as if on practice runs, tank and artillery soldiers shelling houses and civilians from their armored vehicles, combat engineering troops destroying entire streets in their ominous protected vehicles without facing serious opposition. A large, broad army is fighting against a helpless population and a weak, ragged organization that has fled the conflict zones and is barely putting up a fight. All this must be said openly, before we begin exulting in our heroism and victory.

This war is also child's play because of its victims. About a third of those killed in Gaza have been children - 311, according to the Palestinian Health Ministry, 270 according to the B'Tselem human rights group - out of the 1,000 total killed as of Wednesday. Around 1,550 of the 4,500 wounded have also been children according to figures from the UN, which says the number of children killed has tripled since the ground operation began.

This is too large a proportion by any humanitarian or ethical standard.

Advertisement
It is enough to look at the pictures coming from Shifa Hospital to see how many burned, bleeding and dying children now lie there. History has seen innumerable brutal wars take countless lives.

But the horrifying proportion of this war, a third of the dead being children, has not been seen in recent memory.

God does not show mercy on the children at Gaza's nursery schools, and neither does the Israel Defense Forces. That's how it goes when war is waged in such a densely populated area with a population so blessed with children. About half of Gaza's residents are under 15.

No pilot or soldier went to war to kill children. Not one among them intended to kill children, but it also seems neither did they intend not to kill them. They went to war after the IDF had already killed 952 Palestinian children and adolescents since May 2000.

The public's shocking indifference to these figures is incomprehensible. A thousand propagandists and apologists cannot excuse this criminal killing. One can blame Hamas for the death of children, but no reasonable person in the world will buy these ludicrous, flawed propagandistic goods in light of the pictures and statistics coming from Gaza.

One can say Hamas hides among the civilian population, as if the Defense Ministry in Tel Aviv is not located in the heart of a civilian population, as if there are places in Gaza that are not in the heart of a civilian population. One can also claim that Hamas uses children as human shields, as if in the past our own organizations fighting to establish a country did not recruit children.

A significant majority of the children killed in Gaza did not die because they were used as human shields or because they worked for Hamas. They were killed because the IDF bombed, shelled or fired at them, their families or their apartment buildings. That is why the blood of Gaza's children is on our hands, not on Hamas' hands, and we will never be able to escape that responsibility.

The children of Gaza who survive this war will remember it. It is enough to watch Nazareth-born Juliano Mer Khamis' wonderful movie "Arna's Children" to understand what thrives amid the blood and ruin we are leaving behind. The film shows the children of Jenin - who have seen less horror than those of Gaza - growing up to be fighters and suicide bombers.

A child who has seen his house destroyed, his brother killed and his father humiliated will not forgive.

The last time I was allowed to visit Gaza, in November 2006, I went to the Indira Gandhi nursery school in Beit Lahia. The schoolchildren drew what they had seen the previous day: an IDF missile striking their school bus, killing their teacher, Najwa Halif, in front of their eyes. They were in shock. It is possible some of them have now been killed or wounded themselves.

Trumble
01-17-2009, 03:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
-------s!!

No, it isn't. It really isn't. imsad

Do you think the Germans showed any more 'mercy' while tramping through Eastern Europe? Do you think the Americans showed any more 'mercy' dropping napalm (among other things) on Vietnam? Do you think the Sudanese government and their Janjaweed allies showed any more 'mercy' in slaughtering over 200,000 fellow muslims? Did the Russians show any 'mercy' in Chechnya? And that's just a few examples from recent history.

The number of children killed in Gaza is horrifying but it was also inevitable considering the relative numbers of them... you said half the population was under 15? It was inevitable not because the Israelis are any less 'merciful' than anybody else, but because that is what war does.

doorster
01-17-2009, 03:05 AM
No, it isn't. It really isn't. imsad

Do you think the Germans showed any more 'mercy' while tramping through Eastern Europe? Do you think the Americans showed any more 'mercy' dropping napalm (among other things) on Vietnam? Do you think the Sudanese government and their Janjaweed allies showed any more 'mercy' in slaughtering over 200,000 fellow muslims? Did the Russians show any 'mercy' in Chechnya? And that's just a few examples from recent history.

The number of children killed in Gaza is horrifying but it was also inevitable considering the relative numbers of them... you said half the population was under 15? It was inevitable not because the Israelis are any less 'merciful' than anybody else, but because that is what war does.
you do come up with some sick crap!

when a sicko like you keeps winding members up by belittling the deaths, it makes it doubly hard (even impossible) for the likes of me to breath some common-sense in to them and calm them down. I, for the life of me, can not understand why they even keep you here!

least they could do is to disable you all for the duration of this shoot the fish in a bowl "war"

Trumble
01-17-2009, 03:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
I, for the life of me, can not understand why they even keep you here!
Perhaps because, unlike you, 'they' can actually comprehend what I am saying. I am not 'belittling' anything, let alone the deaths of children. Neither am I excusing anything; far from it. I am simply pointing out that what you are seeing in Gaza is the consequences of war, that those consequences are the same wherever there is war and that, therefore the only thing that will stop it happening is to avoid war - ALL war. It is totally beyond my comprehension how anyone could consider that sentiment "sick crap" unless they themselves were the sort of warmongering hate-filled moron that is responsible for this conflict... and you are clearly not.

Now, are you actually capable of answering my questions? Do you believe those conflicts I listed were any different? If so, why?

جوري
01-17-2009, 04:13 AM
I fear no one comprehends what you are saying unless they are Zionist sympathizers..

I have given you a rather large Islamic article to read on 'war ethics' which should be upheld it is the same reason we have international committees to point out guilty parties that aren't in compliance of said laws .. those are the same war ethics by the way that allowed Salah A'deen to give his opponent a sword even though his 'formidable foes' intent were quite clear and anything but noble!

Trumble
01-17-2009, 07:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argon Gossamer
I fear no one comprehends what you are saying unless they are Zionist sympathizers..
If the 'Zionist sympathizers' understood, the conflict would never have happened. Likewise if those in charge of Hamas understood, it would never have happened either.

I have given you a rather large Islamic article to read on 'war ethics' which should be upheld it is the same reason we have international committees to point out guilty parties that aren't in compliance of said laws .. those are the same war ethics by the way that allowed Salah A'deen to give his opponent a sword even though his 'formidable foes' intent were quite clear and anything but noble!
'War ethics' is an oxymoron; even you use inverted commas for the phrase. At best such 'laws' are, and always have been, an attempt not to regulate war but to restrain it and keep its worse excesses from happening too often. Of course they should be upheld, all the time and by all involved, but in the real world that doesn't happen, and never has. As to those 'international committees', you might have noticed that only the losers ever appear in front of them?!

I could tell you stories about the noble Salah A'deen's equally chivalrous opponent King Richard the Lionheart, as well. Who knows, one or two might even be true. Meanwhile a goodly number of the grunts of the age - on both sides - were busy raping, plundering, pillaging and committing war crimes of some sort or other just like their equivalents in every war before, and every war afterwards. The 'away' team rather more than the 'home', perhaps (as people seem so fond of sports analogies) but only as a consequence of geography rather than any difference in ethical viewpoint or moral quality.

I ask you the same question I asked doorster, do you believe those conflicts I listed were any different? In all of them you will find examples of heroism, kindness, nobility and even chivalry, in the most unexpected and unlikely times and places, of which even the mighty Salah A'deen and Coeur de Lion would have approved. In all of them also you will find atrocities just as bad and not infrequently worse, at least in terms of numbers, than anything that has happened in Gaza. That is what war is.

جوري
01-17-2009, 09:11 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/news-gaz...ml#post1083091

doorster
02-17-2009, 07:46 PM
sorry for lateness but one of your pets got upset enough (in your defense) to provoke me, then ban me for 30 days (to teach me manners)
Perhaps because, unlike you, 'they' can actually comprehend what I am saying. I am not 'belittling' anything, let alone the deaths of children. Neither am I excusing anything; far from it. I am simply pointing out that what you are seeing in Gaza is the consequences of war, that those consequences are the same wherever there is war and that, therefore the only thing that will stop it happening is to avoid war - ALL war. It is totally beyond my comprehension how anyone could consider that sentiment "sick crap" unless they themselves were the sort of warmongering hate-filled moron that is responsible for this conflict... and you are clearly not.

Now, are you actually capable of answering my questions? Do you believe those conflicts I listed were any different? If so, why?
are you actually capable of answering my questions?
yes I am (if you will allow them to let me)!
Do you believe those conflicts I listed were any different? If so, why?
situtation here is like that of N. Ireland. Should Blair have built a wall around the Catholics then do what was done here?

.................................................. .....

Lieberman – the ugly face in the mirror
The rampaging racist Avigdor Lieberamn is the ugly face in the mirror in which Israel 2009 is looking. A brutal, power-mad country which killed 1300 Gazans, many of them children.
A country whose leaders brazenly refuse to make even the slightest apology for what they perpetrated, who angrily...

Spain - don't change war crimes law!
European Jews For Just Peace
Letter to Miguel A. Moratinos
Foreign Minister of Spain

Click on the here to see more

Four years to the Bil'in struggle - tear gas as usual
A government comes, a government goes – and the struggle continues. Four years of struggle and non-violent resistance, a struggle which made "Bil'in" into a household name in the Palestinian territories and also in Israel and around the world.

nazam786
02-17-2009, 09:20 PM
imsadsoo sadd

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.